Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,837 members, 7,838,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Is It Bad For A Clergyman To Stand A Member Up For Sleeping During Sermon? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Bad For A Clergyman To Stand A Member Up For Sleeping During Sermon? (337 Views)

Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" / Clergyman Kneels Down To Beg FRSC Officials (Video) / Throwback Pic Of Apostle Johnson Suleiman Before He Became A Clergyman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Bad For A Clergyman To Stand A Member Up For Sleeping During Sermon? by gabrielokeke555(m): 2:04pm On Jul 16, 2017
Fellow Nairalanders, this happened in my church during the 8.am mass, as an invited priest whose sermon was lively had to tell a member of the congregation who was dozing off during the homily to stand on his feet.
Plz i need answers and views as this erupted many arguments after the service.

OP, plz push to FP.
Re: Is It Bad For A Clergyman To Stand A Member Up For Sleeping During Sermon? by Franzinni: 2:52pm On Jul 16, 2017
Religion is not by force... Simple...
Re: Is It Bad For A Clergyman To Stand A Member Up For Sleeping During Sermon? by mzjaney(f): 3:19pm On Jul 16, 2017
gabrielokeke555:
Fellow Nairalanders, this happened in my church during the 8.am mass, as an invited priest whose sermon was lively had to tell a member of the congregation who was dozing off during the homily to stand on his feet.
Plz i need answers and views as this erupted many arguments after the service.

OP, plz push to FP.

Is that priest a military man?

Cos i once witnessed wen a priest who is in the army asked a mother to come foward and kneel down becos her child was crying during homily.

Its actually very wrong.
Re: Is It Bad For A Clergyman To Stand A Member Up For Sleeping During Sermon? by ONYEUTALI: 3:33pm On Jul 16, 2017
Very very very wrong!!!

Do unto others what you'll want others to do unto you. That Priest wouldn't have done that if he had asked questions like: ''What if this fellow spent all night crying about his dead mom/dad/wife; what if he/she's a housemaid whose master/mistress forced to stay awake all night doing some chores?.
Anyway, the priest might still stand that person up even after asking himself 100 questions like these. It's all about sympathy and caring. Those are expensive virtues.
There're more freindly ways to handle situation like that. A cute Pastor like me will go like; ''Alobam, nke a i kuga sleep, ala adikwa level?'' And the whole church will laugh it off.

(1) (Reply)

Women's Day At Mountain Of Fire Ministry Bad Tölz Germany / The Next Missionary Labour Begins Very Soon . / New And Favourite Gospel Songs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.