Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

My Experience With Omegatron Phone Company Along Airport Road Benin. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Experience With Omegatron Phone Company Along Airport Road Benin. (3462 Views)

China’s Largest Phone Company Gives Their CEO A $1.5 Billion Bonus / Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? / Itel Mobile Overtakes Samsung As Africa Number One Phone Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Omegatron Phone Company Along Airport Road Benin. by zolapower: 7:02am On Jul 17, 2017
Why we should shun substandard products in Nigeria.
I want to share my experience with you guys , especially those of us who have been a victim of bad and substandard products ,emanating from the providers of such merchandise . One of such company is omegatron ,who sell both fake and original mobile phones and don't see the need to addressing the issue
I'm sure I have brought this to the right section ,so that my pain can be felt by fellow Nigerians and unsuspecting victim who will take there hard earn money to omegatron ,to purshase gadget . Becareful and watch out this guys( customer service and there Management) are crook.

Fastward, I was at the infamous phone store called omegatron on the 7/Mar/2017 at about 6:04:42pm to get a phone with a strong bstteryife . So I asked the customer care in charge ,that I needed a good phone . So she showed me this (solo)phone with 4000 mAh . So I asked her if the phone was good, her response was the she used the same phone and she has never had issue with it. You all know what a good and or a bad customer service person will do on a normal good was never to divulged any information that will Jeopardize the image of the company. I ended up paying #37,000 for this phone . Couple of the weeks later this phone started malfunctioning ,I took it back to them and all the lady( customer care ) could tell me was that I should send it ( phone) to their call care center for repair and that they are the the manufacturer of this phone . I was piqued with her respond and ask for a new phone or a refund she said there was nothing she could do about it. A guy who Introduced him self as a technician told me point blank that they cant specifically be sure if out 50 phones distributed to them are completely okay. And that the manufacturer don't infom them about the situation of most phones ,but there's is to sell and that is all . I asked him imgine if this was an iPhone 7 is this the type of respond u are gonna give me ? He became so rude with the resonse by telling me oga I don't have any response to that effect all I know is that take the phone to their customer care at akpapava road .
As I write now this phone is been having multiple issues and it's not up to 6 mth. Ranging from ,drop calls ,memory card problem , mouth piece and it will seize during browinsing .It really sad and annoying with the way people like this are allowed to run there business in our country.

Re: My Experience With Omegatron Phone Company Along Airport Road Benin. by Adeoba10(m): 7:09am On Jul 17, 2017
Going to buy phone without proper background research....

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With Omegatron Phone Company Along Airport Road Benin. by wildcatter23(m): 7:20am On Jul 17, 2017
Do your research first.
Don't expect some lady to do that for you.

Re: My Experience With Omegatron Phone Company Along Airport Road Benin. by Namzy(m): 7:30am On Jul 17, 2017
From the phone's 'name', you should already know that you are on your own ie OYO

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Omegatron Phone Company Along Airport Road Benin. by zolapower: 7:31am On Jul 17, 2017
Adeoba10:
Going to buy phone without proper background research....
morning bros ,did u read my post at all ? I from my post I said a guy ,who claims to be a technician told me that out every fifty phones they received they ain't sure if all are okay ,so it's not a question of doing a background check . Someone had told told me all I needed to know anout how dey mix both bad and good phones and sell to unsuspecting customers . I'm bringing this here so that people don't fall victim of that company
Re: My Experience With Omegatron Phone Company Along Airport Road Benin. by ArcFresky(m): 7:32am On Jul 17, 2017
Fam, sorry.
I understand your pain.
Re: My Experience With Omegatron Phone Company Along Airport Road Benin. by Ennyholar: 7:33am On Jul 17, 2017
Buy your next device at accredited stores...and buy a better brand a recognize one Tecno, Samsung and others
Re: My Experience With Omegatron Phone Company Along Airport Road Benin. by zolapower: 7:35am On Jul 17, 2017
Namzy:
From the phone's 'name', you should already know that you are on your own ie OYO
lols ,so am I to be blame for all this or the SON or the management of that company? I needed something new with a low budget ,I saw Gionee and the battery life of this phone prompted me to going for it . With such response from u and any other person that will want to criticize me here now, how do u expect me to drive home my points ?
Re: My Experience With Omegatron Phone Company Along Airport Road Benin. by zolapower: 7:37am On Jul 17, 2017
Ennyholar:
Buy your next device at accredited stores...and buy a better brand a recognize one Tecno, Samsung and others
but bro consider this na coughing out #37000 in this hard biting economy to buy a phone that won't stay up to 6mth .....but it's crazy na . It's only in Nigeria merchandise of this kind find there way into our economy.
Re: My Experience With Omegatron Phone Company Along Airport Road Benin. by zolapower: 7:47am On Jul 17, 2017
Ennyholar:
before u judge me again ,please read this . At least jumia is an accredited company and the phone in question is one of such phones u mentioned
https://www.nairaland.com/3926447/twitter-user-say-iphone-he
Re: My Experience With Omegatron Phone Company Along Airport Road Benin. by cassidy1996(m): 8:38am On Jul 17, 2017
the camera of Tecno W4 phone i bought from them sucks.
sometime ago i bought one IMOSE phone from them also, please be warned IMOSE and TECNO products are sub-standard

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Omegatron Phone Company Along Airport Road Benin. by zolapower: 9:29am On Jul 17, 2017
cassidy1996:
the camera of Tecno W4 phone i bought from them sucks.
sometime ago i bought one IMOSE phone from them also, please be warned IMOSE and TECNO products are sub-standard
guy may God bless u,u shall continue to be blessed IJN . NO evil shall cross ur part this new day and u will never be put to shame for such a brilliant response.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Omegatron Phone Company Along Airport Road Benin. by cassidy1996(m): 9:49am On Jul 17, 2017
zolapower:
guy may God bless u,u shall continue to be blessed IJN . NO evil shall cross ur part this new day and u will never be put to shame for such a brilliant response.
AMEN!!! thanks bro GOD bless you too
Re: My Experience With Omegatron Phone Company Along Airport Road Benin. by zolapower: 10:17am On Jul 17, 2017
cassidy1996:
AMEN!!! thanks bro GOD bless you too
amen! If only this topic can see he light of day . So that more Nigerians will be aware of this menace to society.
Re: My Experience With Omegatron Phone Company Along Airport Road Benin. by lelvin(m): 10:27am On Jul 17, 2017
Op...

Re: My Experience With Omegatron Phone Company Along Airport Road Benin. by elucydate: 11:36am On Jul 17, 2017
If na me, I go just waka comot and come back with several hefty men to gbeghe the place.

You think I will just allow my 37k to just waste like that in this hash bullhari economy.
Re: My Experience With Omegatron Phone Company Along Airport Road Benin. by zolapower: 2:34pm On Jul 17, 2017
elucydate:
If na me, I go just waka comot and come back with several hefty men to gbeghe the place.

You think I will just allow my 37k to just waste like that in this hash bullhari economy.
bro I'm really not the type who think violence is the solutions to issues ,I work with sss and police,bcus dialogue is the only way to addressing issues like . At the same time too incidence like in past has helped victim to get justice through social media . This Is I'm appealing to oga seun, lala and the nairaland crew to help push this to front page . Even if this will be the only thread I'm going to benefit from as a result of pushing to front page .

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Omegatron Phone Company Along Airport Road Benin. by mummyson26(m): 6:27pm On Jul 17, 2017
I had a similar Issue with my infinix note3 I bought from POINTEK Victoria island, the phone went off after 12 days
I took the phone back to them, they collected the phone and ask me to come Back after two Weeks
and to my greatest surprise the phone had been replaced with a new one even though I never get time to go collect am
Re: My Experience With Omegatron Phone Company Along Airport Road Benin. by Themaths(m): 1:10am On Jul 18, 2017
OP, I feel your pain. I know Omegatron at Mall of America, Airport Road. One of the biggest phone sellers in Benin, if not the biggest.

Now listen, According to your post, you have used the phone for more than 4 months, going there to demand for a new one is not proper. Ever wonder why there are carlcare centres and why phones come with warranty? You should be happy they have one sef.

These people do not produce these phones, they are just marketers, they sell what is being shipped to them. No phone brand is beyond error, Samsung recalled all units of the Samsung Galaxy Note 7.

So, please, the smart play here is to take the phone to their centre and get it fixed. The phone should still be under warranty, it should be fixed for free.

Regards!!!
Re: My Experience With Omegatron Phone Company Along Airport Road Benin. by zolapower: 5:35am On Jul 18, 2017
Themaths:
OP, I feel your pain. I know Omegatron at Mall of America, Airport Road. One of the biggest phone sellers in Benin, if not the biggest.

Now listen, According to your post, you have used the phone for more than 4 months, going there to demand for a new one is not proper. Ever wonder why there are carlcare centres and why phones come with warranty? You should be happy they have one sef.

These people do not produce these phones, they are just marketers, they sell what is being shipped to them. No phone brand is beyond error, Samsung recalled all units of the Samsung Galaxy Note 7.

So, please, the smart play here is to take the phone to their centre and get it fixed. The phone should still be under warranty, it should be fixed for free.

Regards!!!

my brother stop hipping sand around them ,if they feel they can't protect there image ,they should stop the sale of fake phones . When u talk iike this then u want us all in to believe there's no hope for a better nigeria. The recalling of Samsung mobile phone is worldwide and am sure if this problem is peculiar to Nigeria alone our govt and people like u will see no harm in the importation of this device .
Did u read my post at all ? I said a week later I started having issue with it. I took the phone there and I could get was to take the phone back to there care center . Besides, I have a job to do i. maging if I have to take a whole day off to repair a phone .

(1) (Reply)

Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Or Samsung A30s, Which Should I Go For, Please? / / Samsung Galaxy S8 For Sale At Good Price In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.