Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,933 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Nigerian Writers/bloggers Needed - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Writers/bloggers Needed (656 Views)

Experienced Bloggers Needed / Content Writers And Bloggers Needed / Writers / Bloggers Wanted - Pay Is N20,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Writers/bloggers Needed by topsquino(m): 11:06am On Jul 17, 2017
Dear Writer/Blogger:

Hope this message meets you in good health.

PROJECT DESCRIPTION:

This is to notify you that we've another long-term project for writers who are proficient in the following categories: Household Appliances, Beauty Products, and Baby Kids and Toys. Our primary aim is to help buyers make informed decisions about items in those categories which can be found on Jumia, Konga, and other popular online stores in Nigeria. So, we need Nigerian writers who are very proficient in these categories.

REWARD: N1,800/500words and your name will be published along with these articles.

REQUIREMENTS:

1) If you don't have a stable internet connection or laptop, this project is not for you.
2) If you don't understand the rules of grammar (punctuation marks, tenses etc), this project is not for you.
3) If you have not written articles before, this project is not for you.
4) If you are not a creative writer, this project is not for you.
5) If you are not passionate about writing, this project is not for you.
6) If you are not okay with the price, this project is not for you.
7) If you are looking for somebody to train you on writing, this project is not for you.

NOTE: We need high-quality articles. Don't waste your time if you cannot do this. We will not pay you for poorly written content.

HOW TO GET STARTED:

1) Send samples of your articles to topsquino (at) gmail (dot) com NOTE: change the (at) to @ and dot to . and remove the spaces as well.
2) If we are okay with your samples, we will request you to write a 300-word article test on WEDNESDAY OR SATURDAY. We DON'T pay for TEST
3) If we are okay with your test, we will start outsourcing our articles to you on MONDAY.

Regards

Topsquino
Re: Nigerian Writers/bloggers Needed by SoNature(m): 1:01pm On Jul 17, 2017
Snowmoneyx:
I would have applied for this, but I just went via your profile to find out you're a cash and no substance contractor, This is by no means an insult just stating whats wrong with your so called Writers Employment schemes you put up every month. The best writer like myself value their time and we work effectively from the heart, not from grabbing quick cash and Yippy the contractor moves on searching again for new writers. My advice to you Mr writer employee is to Go back to your previous post and use those good boys whose spent their precious time applying for the job. Find out their weakness and talent to better work with you for a long time, and stop wasting your time, coming to look for fresh writers every month, my 2 cents.

I must say that you have a point, but keep in mind that it's his business and he will run it as he damn well please. If you have written for him before, you'd have learnt that his is not a full-time job, meaning he may decide to drop you anytime.

Finally, even though I encourage pros to train new writers, you must appreciate that training people is a lot demanding. And for Tope who pays up to #3 per word, he may not really have that time.

Much as I am not for or against the way he chooses to "run things," you must realize that it's his choice - and please respect that.
Re: Nigerian Writers/bloggers Needed by Sapiosexuality(m): 2:24pm On Jul 17, 2017
I won't advise anyone to write the 300word test.
Re: Nigerian Writers/bloggers Needed by topsquino(m): 3:09pm On Jul 17, 2017
Snowmoneyx:
I would have applied for this, but I just went via your profile to find out you're a cash and no substance contractor, This is by no means an insult just stating whats wrong with your so called Writers Employment schemes you put up every month. The best writer like myself value their time and we work effectively from the heart, not from grabbing quick cash and Yippy the contractor moves on searching again for new writers. My advice to you Mr writer employee is to Go back to your previous post and use those good boys whose spent their precious time applying for the job. Find out their weakness and talent to better work with you for a long time, and stop wasting your time, coming to look for fresh writers every month, my 2 cents.

Thank you for your message. Your write-up assumes that we don't train those writers. It also assumes that all writers can write any given topic. More so, it assumes that all writers want to continue to work with us for life.

Now, let's clarify some of your wrong assumptions. Most people that work with us, from experience, only do it to gain experience and after some time, they move on. In fact, our secondary aim is to train writers so that they can become employers, not to work for us for life. And we have a lot of writers even earning more than us due to our invaluable training. Although we don't state it explicitly that we train writers, no body on this platform called NAIRALAND has trained more writers than us FOR FREE. We stand to be corrected. It's because we are even super busy now. Before we even proofread each writer's work just to show them their mistakes. We even help them to write part of the introduction or conclusion just to make things easy for us. We still do anyway. But not every time.

Furthermore, not all writers can write any given topic. Some writers are very good in entertainment issues, sports issues, and all that. So are you saying we should use that writer for this project? More so, most of our writers are even in college or doing one program or the other. So, you want us to use this same writer while they are preparing for exam? There are many things you don't know. And it would be great if you ask question before dishing out scathing remarks. As for those saying, people should not apply. It would be great if you could state your reasons rather than discouraging people not to apply. Besides, we are NOT begging people to apply for this job. We've never done so before and we will not do so now.

By the way, we think we have the right to employ anybody we like. If we don't give opportunities to the new ones, who will? Or if all companies use their old staff (writers), who will employ the new ones? Food for thought.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Writers/bloggers Needed by sammoe(m): 9:20pm On Jul 17, 2017
Snowmoneyx:

Bro I respect that, But he has to respect the value of a writer, take me for an explicit example. I am a writer with absolute grammar knowledge of USA and UK based writing, but do I own a Blog NOOOO, and why, Because writing is an Art Dude, If I want my topics written, I need to elevate my game to please the Whites, Hence I choose to run a Youtube Channel called SIMBAZ that deals on High-end Home Theater, Which is stressful by the way. As the OP Tope or what ever he is called, Getting An Art that Costs much more than 3N per word only to drop off the Artist is just plain foolish, And shows his demunitive level of reasoning in accordance to proper utilazation of writers for proper business. Finally If he need my level of exspertise, He should consider coming down his High Horse to grow his Artist and Art, Have a good day dudes and dudets.

For someone with an absolute grammar knowledge, your post begs the question...
Re: Nigerian Writers/bloggers Needed by NaturalNerd(m): 10:27pm On Jul 17, 2017

(1) (Reply)

First Bank Of Nigeria Limited Management Associate Programme 2017 / God is good / Please Who Know This Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.