Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,967 members, 7,825,023 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Whatsapp To Get Youtube Video Support Directly Within App - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp To Get Youtube Video Support Directly Within App (11271 Views)

Whatsapp To End Support For Some Versions Of Android And Ios Devices / Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. / "Despacito” Is The Most Viewed Youtube Video Of All Time In Seven Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp To Get Youtube Video Support Directly Within App by Thephantomweb: 3:20am On Jul 18, 2017
WhatsApp have been very busy this year by adding a lot of useful features to it messaging app to improve the user experience.

The recent new WhatsApp update now support sharing of any type of file and now currently testing a feature that'll allow you to view YouTube videos directly within the chat window, eliminating the need for the app to launch the YouTube app for playback.
These new feature could save a few headaches, like when you’re chatting with someone and you receive a link to a YouTube video.

Instead of opening up the YouTube app to watch the video then navigate back to WhatsApp to continue the conversation. With the new feature you can now easily press the play button and watch the YouTube video.

The feature enables playback to be launched in a picture-in-picture window, while also offering functionalities like pinch-to-zoom, full screen view mode, and hide ongoing playback to continue reading messages in chat.
For now there’s no news about this feature for Android and Windows Phone users.
Source: Thephantomweb

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp To Get Youtube Video Support Directly Within App by directonpc(m): 3:38am On Jul 18, 2017
How you take know?

Extra: [url=7rl.in/phome]Read loads of authentic tech stories[/url]
Re: Whatsapp To Get Youtube Video Support Directly Within App by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 18, 2017
Hhh
Re: Whatsapp To Get Youtube Video Support Directly Within App by Innodon(m): 7:32am On Jul 18, 2017
Ok
Re: Whatsapp To Get Youtube Video Support Directly Within App by Atiku2019: 7:33am On Jul 18, 2017
wink
Re: Whatsapp To Get Youtube Video Support Directly Within App by saint047(m): 7:33am On Jul 18, 2017
Nice one
Re: Whatsapp To Get Youtube Video Support Directly Within App by holatin(m): 7:34am On Jul 18, 2017
dats a welcome development.

na so bbm die be dat ooo
Re: Whatsapp To Get Youtube Video Support Directly Within App by nwakibie3(m): 7:34am On Jul 18, 2017
grin

10 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Get Youtube Video Support Directly Within App by heryurh(m): 7:35am On Jul 18, 2017
Mark Zuckerberg is slowly but surely destroying Telegram.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp To Get Youtube Video Support Directly Within App by obitwice06(m): 7:35am On Jul 18, 2017
This people are bent on killing our dear Mb, but sha it's still a good development.
Re: Whatsapp To Get Youtube Video Support Directly Within App by KeengTobbie(m): 7:35am On Jul 18, 2017
FP grin

By the way ,that's good I wonder what new feature they'll introduce next, probably WhatsApp bill payment grin Wait o!!So if I don't need the feature I'll still be forced to update to it abi angry

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Get Youtube Video Support Directly Within App by Jeel: 7:35am On Jul 18, 2017
Just to keep people glued with their phones.

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Get Youtube Video Support Directly Within App by Solomonudofia(m): 7:35am On Jul 18, 2017
Kk
Re: Whatsapp To Get Youtube Video Support Directly Within App by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 18, 2017
What t we Nigerians gonna do¿? Than Wait N Use
Re: Whatsapp To Get Youtube Video Support Directly Within App by sunshineV(f): 7:36am On Jul 18, 2017
Hmmm. Mr zukerburger, mr I want to do everything. Na WA ooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp To Get Youtube Video Support Directly Within App by ajimotoke(m): 7:36am On Jul 18, 2017
nice one....... higher .. WhatsApp keep on going higher
Re: Whatsapp To Get Youtube Video Support Directly Within App by pelumi111: 7:36am On Jul 18, 2017
Another brilliant idea
Re: Whatsapp To Get Youtube Video Support Directly Within App by mainman7(m): 7:36am On Jul 18, 2017
Nice one whasapp. My great Awoist friend is currently working on a software that would take the world by storm, you all should watch out.

Basic123:

just like an average biafran will die if he doesn't shout Afonja in a day.
Some intelligent NLander Yoruba guys and I were discussing igbo/Yoruba observed stuffs and we came to one conclusion that some igbos were applying 48 Laws of Power rules to brainwash gullible Yorubas here. Last year, they started derogatorily calling and generalizing all Yorubas as Afonjas when we were known as Awoists since my earliest times on NairaLand. They know you soon take on the Character of the name you accept. Before this igbos started this nonsense, we on NL know purselves to be Awoists portraying the great Awolowo values. Just like the igbos planned and hoped, now some gullible easily brainwashed Yorubas go like "we Afonjas are the best" .... Afonja was the greatest Enemy of Yorubas while Awolowo brought innumerable great pace-setting Achievements to Yoruba Land and to Nigeria as a whole. Awolowo is Nigeria's Greatest Generallissimo whose millitary intelligence and strategy quickly ended long-fought Civil war. igbos fabricated and perpetuated a lie that Awo ate poison when it was medically confirmed that Awolowo died from cardiac issues, which must have resulted from restlessly patrotically carrying the burden of efforts to make Nigeria great. Even Great Britian said Awolowo is the best President Nigeria never had. Some brainwashed Yorubas may try to point out Awo's fault, forgetting that NO humanbeing can be perfect. Ojuckwu cowardly ran away, yet igbos celebrate him till date. If he was to be Yoruba, he would have been skinned alive when he returned. Infact, his family would have been made to forever bury their head in shame. If you have NEVER achieved 10% of what Awo achieved for Yorubas and you crucify Awo... Any igbo that calls we Yorubas afonja again instead of Awoists shall soon shattered by thunder!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp To Get Youtube Video Support Directly Within App by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 18, 2017
So, those using airtel 1gb for N300 would be able to watch YouTube videos

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp To Get Youtube Video Support Directly Within App by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 18, 2017
Ads are gradually coming into the scene.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp To Get Youtube Video Support Directly Within App by Buking1: 7:39am On Jul 18, 2017
That's eh
This people wan everything on their platform..

How about we supporting our own
It's called sabichat with this app you can never get bored

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sabichat.app

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp To Get Youtube Video Support Directly Within App by Realdeals(m): 7:39am On Jul 18, 2017
Hope YouTube ad will still run within the app?
Re: Whatsapp To Get Youtube Video Support Directly Within App by Ojisik(m): 7:42am On Jul 18, 2017
WhatsApp may soon push Gmail, Yahoo and Microsoft Outlook out with the update that allows sharing of any file type.

1.They simply need an account that can be logged into remotely like Facebook whether or not I have my phone on me.

2. We should be able to like or dislike profile pics, although Zuckerberg won't allow that because it'll trump Facebook and Instagram which he owns.

I love WhatsApp grin shocked

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Get Youtube Video Support Directly Within App by ikgabriel(m): 7:42am On Jul 18, 2017
Oyinbo jus dey use us dey go. More money enter dia pocket ooo, but it'll b nice after all.
Re: Whatsapp To Get Youtube Video Support Directly Within App by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 7:44am On Jul 18, 2017
whatsapp getting better per season.. wish they integrate in some part of telegraph to...
Re: Whatsapp To Get Youtube Video Support Directly Within App by Graypoint: 7:44am On Jul 18, 2017
@graypoint01

Re: Whatsapp To Get Youtube Video Support Directly Within App by miketayo(m): 7:44am On Jul 18, 2017
Grt, this ll help my YouTube channel
Re: Whatsapp To Get Youtube Video Support Directly Within App by jazinogold(m): 7:46am On Jul 18, 2017
>
Re: Whatsapp To Get Youtube Video Support Directly Within App by smoothrun(m): 7:46am On Jul 18, 2017
They should incorporate 'what others are listening to' as far as music is concerned just like on BBM
Re: Whatsapp To Get Youtube Video Support Directly Within App by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:47am On Jul 18, 2017
All in a bid to render SnapChat useless. Let's hail the Bayern Munich of Social Media.

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Get Youtube Video Support Directly Within App by Alexbrain(m): 7:48am On Jul 18, 2017
Discovering your talents and building up your skills with be a very productive way to tackle unemployment and become an entrepreneur.
Check out this free online book that will help you with that
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/657738
http://okadabooks.com/book/about/talent__the_bomb/12751#
Re: Whatsapp To Get Youtube Video Support Directly Within App by Ilajeboy(m): 7:48am On Jul 18, 2017
Help!!! my infinix hot4 lite gets hot after data connection has been on for some time nd it affects my battery performance.... Somebody pls help me

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Airtel Introduces 5.5gb Data For N1500 And 7gb Data For N2000 / Iphone Users, How Do You Pay For Your Apple Music Subscription?? / My Experience With The Tecno L9: This Will Shock You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.