Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,059 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

FAKE INTERVIEW [text Messages] - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / FAKE INTERVIEW [text Messages] (2006 Views)

Nairalanders, Is This A Fake Interview? (screenshot) / Did You Get An Interview Text And Email From Vcare Diagnostics? / Is This Genuine Or Fake Interview Nairalanders? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FAKE INTERVIEW [text Messages] by gxpensive(m): 4:38am On Jul 18, 2017
Truly I have applied for jobs online from numerous production firm and i can tell you message have not been send to me yet, surely C.V has to pass through proper screening before one can be invited for an interview. This is how you know genuine company. However is it advisable companies name must be written down for future reference.

More reason i will like to share my experience from those Luke warmers who called themselves job giver to the job seekers.

So jejely on my own, message pop into my box, that I am being invited for an interview. Firstly I got delighted thinking my overnight sending of C.V is here to be fruitful. But something pinch me to look beyond that message, and from my little experience of receiving message for an Interview in which the company sending you such message won't/will ever hide the company name.

But this message I received only indicate "INTERVIEW" instead of a company name, even the position I am to be interviewed for was not indicated; what a suspicious invitation.

Wetin I go school for. Sharp, sharp I reckon on google and typed in the address in the text. Oh boy... See testimony of those who have fallen victim and those who almost fall going for an interview to the same address in the text message that was sent to me.

I am writing this little info for yo'll and please kindly forward to those you know whom are seeking for jobs, for they won't fall victim of scammers or kidnappers. Alongside this information I have attach the *Tex Message* being sent to me for you to see [/i]Based on acceptance of your application,HR Head invites you for an Interview on Tuesday 18/7/17 by 9am @ 98,Hill Star House ,Palm Avenue, Mushin, Lagos.Ref:IA/20[i], plus six (6) steps of format of their message incase you come across in anyone[pics].

NB: worry yourself not if you have no job at hand. Rush not and stop being desperate going for an interview. Seek jobs through the right source and genuine websites. There where no jobs but there where job out there. A genuine company will never hide her Identity lailai.
Cheers.

#ExpensiveSheet #ShineYourEye shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FAKE INTERVIEW [text Messages] by ipobarecriminals: 5:08am On Jul 18, 2017
nothing new here. Nah old format Just ignore them Stop looking for job when u can start one from ur room. Just sit down and think
Re: FAKE INTERVIEW [text Messages] by Oliviaolive(f): 8:39am On Jul 18, 2017
Bless you love
I also got a message like this too, about 3.
It's way too annoying.
No wahala, there is God. I believe sooner or later we will all get our dream job, it's just a matter of time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FAKE INTERVIEW [text Messages] by gxpensive(m): 10:04am On Jul 18, 2017
Oliviaolive:
Bless you love
I also got a message like this too, about 3.
It's way too annoying.
No wahala, there is God. I believe sooner or later we will all get our dream job, it's just a matter of time.

[/i]Bless you too darling. I tell you I understand your pain "It's way too annoying" because possibly you must have waste your time for their lies. Don't worry God with you/us, since we are striving to get ourselves engage definitely Jah will come to our rescue.[i]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FAKE INTERVIEW [text Messages] by gxpensive(m): 10:21am On Jul 18, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
nothing new here. Nah old format Just ignore them Stop looking for job when u can start one from ur room. Just sit down and think

Through that bro. More reason we that knew about it have to keep putting out in other to keep those who had no knowledge of this.
Re: FAKE INTERVIEW [text Messages] by LamiWilliams: 11:20am On Nov 10, 2019
David received an email about an interview for Sales Rep job in Lagos with a remarkable salary and immediate employment offer. Although he lived in Akure, he reasoned that this was a once in a life time opportunity he could not pass up and decided to travel down to Lagos. He was unemployed, and had no money, so he borrowed some some money from his friend, and promised to pay back at the end of the month since he was getting definitely getting job! He bought new shoes, tie, and suit because he had to look good. He even read up possible interview questions for a Sales Rep job. David was so prepared and he knew that there was no way he was not getting the job!

He had applied for so many jobs and one was finally paying off! Wait. Which one? He didn’t think about it.

He left on Sunday afternoon, as his interview was 8am on Monday. His aging mother was filled with joy and sent him along with good wishes. He crashed at his friend’s place when he got to Lagos. The next morning, he left as early as the 5am to beat any traffic he had always heard was a norm in Lagos. His friend described the routes, and David got it because he was so so smart.

Finally, he got to the company a few minutes before 7am. He noticed that the area looked secluded, but didn’t think too much about it. The excitement was too much. He got in and met a huge crowd of people who also came for the interview. There was no longer a place to sit, so he stood beside Cythina who came all the way from Akwa Ibom. At half past 8, the job poster, Zion Magalicious, called everyone’s attention. In their eagerness and excitement, he began to tell them about an amazing opportunity that would get then 500k within two weeks for which they only need to pay 10k to join.

What do you think David and Cynthia did?

Don’t fall victim to these totally avoidable job scams. Here are some ways to identify false job postings and avoid them:

1. Wonky Language

This is a definite no no. Companies take extra take extra time to proofread their job postings. If you find grammatical or spelling errors in a jobs ad, it is most likely fake. Always verify any posting or call for interview you come across.

2. No online visibility

In this digital age, companies know that they have to have an online presence. In fact, no online presence means you’re not serious about getting your product/service to your target audience. When you get an call for interview email or see a job posting online, Google the company. If you find nothing about the company, don’t waste your time with it anymore. Some scammers could go the extra mile and create an online presence. Look out for companies who have suspicious domain names, have no contact address/phone number, have no real information about they what they do. In any case, to be extra sure, copy the job ad or website here

3. Non Branded Email

Branding is key with companies these days. If you have taken note, you would see that comapnies usually have their employee’s assigned to their company’s name. So, if a company is names WriteAssit, an employee’s email would be esthersmith@writeassist.com. If a job posting says you should send an email to an @gmail.com or @yahoo.com email, think twice and verify before applying.

4. WhatsApp Interview Notification

We get that the professional world is working hard towards making the job application process more friendly, but this is ain’t it. No real call for interview would be sent to you via WhatsApp. Companies would rather email, call, or send you a text message with enough details about their company including a website. If you are scheduled for a remote interview via Skype or phone call, that’s acceptable. Anyway, confirming would keep you safe.

5. Miracle jobs

These scammers know that people are desperate for employment. Unfortunately, they play on that and release mouth-watering offers that seem too good to be true. Be careful of job postings with extremely high salaries for jobs that usually have lesser pays. They also siphon email and phone numbers from the Internet and randomly send interview emails or text messages. If you did not apply for a job, you most likely won’t be “miraculously” called for a job interview.

6. They want money.

Think about it; they need you to pay them to pay you? It’s a big no. Don’t apply. Companies usually won’t require you to pay for an interview.

An advice for you is that you should not sign up on every job platform you see. A lot of time, your details get siphoned that way and you become a prey to scam job posting and call for interview. Also, trust your instincts. If you feel something is not right, do your research. Itarj.com (Is this a real job?) is a great tool that allows your to verify if a job posting is real or not. Use it now and share with friends and family! You would literally be saving lives.

(1) (Reply)

Minder Needed (rumuodara - Port Harcourt) / Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Commission Course 25 Massive Recruitment 2018 / HOSCON CADETS come in!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.