Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,742 members, 7,820,550 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

I Am A Nigerian - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Am A Nigerian (1666 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Am A Nigerian by MrTeymee(m): 10:13am On Jul 18, 2017
I am a Nigerian. I am one in five Africans, I am one in eight black people anywhere in the world, I am a noble prize winner, an Olympic gold medalist, a Grammy award winner, a soccer champion, a prince of the Vatican, an Oscar nominee, a giant of literature, a distinguished scientist, a musical icon.

My root lie in the dusty Sahel of the north, in the rich rain forest of the east, in the rocky hills of the west, in the oil filled swamps of the delta, In the warmth of our villages and the vibrance of our cities. My strength flows from the waters of the nile through the Benue. My joy springs from the rush of Guerera falls to the wonders of Yankari.

Nigeria is my rock, Nigeria is my hope, Nigeria is my home. I am the voice of two hundred tribes speaking three hundred languages. I am the dance of the circle of life, I am the laughter of the world’s happiest people.

I am nourished by the crop of the soil fed by the bounty of the rivers.

I am your neighbor, I am your friend, I am a warrior, priest, king. I am a Mother , teacher, queen. I am my brother’s keeper. I am sage from ancient civilization. I am a child in the youngest nation on earth. I am the beauty, I am the sound, I am a vision, I am the spirit, I am the passion, I am the soul of a continent.

I AM A NIGERIAN.

I AM THE HEART OF AFRICA.

Poem by Nkiru Asika;

Performed at the “Nigeria My Heritage Summit” by popular Hollywood actor Hakeem Kae-Kazim

http://theabstracthoughts.com/2017/07/04/nigeria-my-country-a-must-read/
Re: I Am A Nigerian by Klaus139: 11:41am On Jul 18, 2017
I am a Nigerian.... I am proud and i am black..
Re: I Am A Nigerian by MrTeymee(m): 10:34am On Dec 05, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Readers, Can You Recall This Novel / Billionaire's LovePeddler / Nigerian Experienced Scriptwriters, Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.