Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Is Html And Css Enough? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is Html And Css Enough? (529 Views)

Is It Easy To Create Our Own Website? What Is HTML? / Possible To Code And Maintain A Blog With Just Html And Css? / HTML And CSS Basics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Html And Css Enough? by stiles009(m): 11:34am On Jul 18, 2017
Is the knowledge of just HTML and CSS enough to create a simple uncomplicated and monetizable website (say like nairaland, wikipedia.com, ).

To the webmasters and website designers in the house ur suggestion will be highly appreciated.
Re: Is Html And Css Enough? by Caustics: 11:35am On Jul 18, 2017
stiles009:
Is the knowledge of just HTML and CSS enough to create a simple uncomplicated and monetizable website (say like nairaland, wikipedia.com, ).

To the webmasters and website designers in the house ur suggestion will be highly appreciated.

No
Re: Is Html And Css Enough? by hertz9te(m): 11:38am On Jul 18, 2017
no,you'll need to learn some php,javascript and sql
Re: Is Html And Css Enough? by Caustics: 11:41am On Jul 18, 2017
Caustics:
No
No
Re: Is Html And Css Enough? by Caustics: 11:42am On Jul 18, 2017
Re: Is Html And Css Enough? by stiles009(m): 11:46am On Jul 18, 2017
Caustics:
No

Im a novice so i would like to know the essence of php or mysqli, jQuery etc, since i wouldnt need a login portal. D said site will only includes information about certain things ( say vehicles), that's all.
Re: Is Html And Css Enough? by Caustics: 11:51am On Jul 18, 2017
stiles009:

Im a novice so i would like to know the essence of php or mysqli, jQuery etc, since i wouldnt need a login portal. D said site will only includes information about certain things ( say vehicles), that's all.
If that is the case, simply use wordpress. It will serve you well.
Re: Is Html And Css Enough? by stiles009(m): 12:06pm On Jul 18, 2017
Caustics:
If that is the case, simply use wordpress. It will serve you well.

Thanks.
Wordpress is out of option. Would love to build it from scratch..

Perhaps if u are proficient in php, or sql u could drop me ur number so we could talk more sir..
Re: Is Html And Css Enough? by Caustics: 12:33pm On Jul 18, 2017
stiles009:

Thanks.
Wordpress is out of option. Would love to build it from scratch..

Perhaps if u are proficient in php, or sql u could drop me ur number so we could talk more sir..
Well if you want to build yourself. You can use HTML to make the site how you want for a start.
Since you said its just a site where you post Info. html is enough if you dont add or modify the articles regularly. It becomes inconvenient at that point because you need to start editing the html file everytime.

With php, you can create a portal where you add new info, modify old info, and other simple tasks you want just in your browser without editing the html files everytime you want to add or remove something from the site.

Unfortunately i dont drop personal contact info here.

As before just create your site the way you want it to look with your current knowledge of html. read up on php basics and use it to add any extra functionality you need.

feel free to mention me if you run into any challenge along the way.
Re: Is Html And Css Enough? by stiles009(m): 1:00pm On Jul 18, 2017
Caustics:
Well if you want to build yourself. You can use HTML to make the site how you want for a start.
Since you said its just a site where you post Info. html is enough if you dont add or modify the articles regularly. It becomes inconvenient at that point because you need to start editing the html file everytime.

With php, you can create a portal where you add new info, modify old info, and other simple tasks you want just in your browser without editing the html files everytime you want to add or remove something from the site.

Unfortunately i dont drop personal contact info here.

As before just create your site the way you want it to look with your current knowledge of html. read up on php basics and use it to add any extra functionality you need.

feel free to mention me if you run into any challenge along the way.

Thanks, i appreciate the effort.

Since u dont drop contact info here, maybe we could chat via whatsapp...08101664680 is my contact..

Loking forward to ur pm on whatsapp sir.

(1) (Reply)

5 Tips To Help You Grow Your Blog Traffic / Help! With Hosting / Help! My 'WP Theme' Can't Display Featured Image & Post Title On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.