Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,035 members, 7,835,498 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Land Encroachment- Please Help - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Land Encroachment- Please Help (482 Views)

Isu-aniocha Elders Decry Land Encroachment By ASHDC, Appeal To Obiano, Others / Israel Writes On Land Encroachment And Threat In Epe. / LASG Warns Against Land Encroachment Along Lekki-epe Axis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Land Encroachment- Please Help by mega147: 12:46pm On Jul 18, 2017
Someone recently encroached on my land. I am currently doing a project which is on one portion (left) of the land. The intruder encroached (about 30 feet) from the right, and he has put a small fence (about knee level), making my beacon to now lie inside of his fence. He has inserted his own beacon. My building is near its completion stage, but because of this encroachment I have not yet fenced the property because the intruder is growing crops on both his own land and the encroached portion of my land. If I have to fence I will have to destroy his fence and crops, but I am not sure if this is the right thing to do.

Someone in the community has advised me to contact the community, to see what they have to say about it, before I take legal action. However, information reaching me indicates that the man who sold the land to me is related to the intruder who is said to be a chief and troublemaker in the community. We have been trying to contact the seller, but he has not been cooperating as he tried to always ignore most of my calls.

The land, which I surveyed after purchase, is based in Edo state. I bought it about 4 years ago and has since then been developing it without any problem. The intruder did not encroach until few months ago.

Please I need advice from experienced people on what to do. I know this is a civil case, but how do I go about the whole thing? How are cases like this handled, and how long will it likely take?

Your advices would be appreciated.

Mods please help to move this to front page.

CC; Lawyer
MrKnowitall
Dominique
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Re: Land Encroachment- Please Help by ibe9ja: 11:32am On Jul 24, 2017
I know this is civil case, but not sure how to go about it. Maybe u should talk to a Lawyer.

But if na me sha I for break dat stupid fence and let anything wey wan happen, happen.
Re: Land Encroachment- Please Help by mega147: 4:43pm On Aug 10, 2017
Thanks for your concern bros.

(1) (Reply)

.... / Lands Up For Sale In Jos, Plateau State. / Sallah Give-Away Price Of N300K Per Plot At Eleko Junction, Ibeju Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.