Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,105 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Some God Questions - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some God Questions (3063 Views)

There Is A Difference Between Questioning God And Asking God Questions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some God Questions by PastorAIO: 2:16pm On Jul 18, 2017
I discovered this thread a bit late (almost a year). Well sha, I couldn't even get involved because it was a private members only thread. But I found this post therein and it interested me so I have opened another thread to ask a few questions (if I may).

promise10:
My own definition and understanding of what God is:

God is the self-eternal One, having no need of being created, since He is eternal and is the cause of all things, INCLUDING the dimension of time, to which He is NOT SUBJECT. Likewise, God is NOT SUBJECT to the physical creation, but is spiritual in nature,
residing in the SPIRITUAL DIMENSIONS(the infinite) of heaven. God's power over the physical creation is ABSOLUTE, such that He can manipulate matter,
energy, space, and time AT WILL. For this reason, God is said to be all powerful—able to accomplish any possible task He wills to do. Along with being ALL POWERFUL, God is also ALL KNOWING—having knowledge of all things that are possible to be
known, including the entire history of the universe—past, present, and future. Because God is all powerful(omnipotent) and all knowing (omniscient), He is also able to be present at ALL PLACE OF THE UNIVERSE AT ALL TIME(omnipresent). God is also ALL LOVING.

God is ABSOLUTELY HOLY—without any moral or character defect. In fact, the Bible says that God is INCAPABLE of doing any evil, despite being all
powerful. God is UNCHANGEABLE. In other words, He does not change any of His attributes or character at any time. Despite humanity's tendency to change its definition of morality, God's moral character DOESN'T EVOLVE WITH TIME, but remains constant.

SO ON THIS BASIS I ARGUE.

First off: 'Self-Eternal'. I know what eternal means but I didn't know that it could be sub-divided. What is the difference between a Self=eternal being and a being that isn't Self-eternal.

2) What do you understand by 'HOLY"? you wrote 'without any moral or character defect', is that what you mean by Holy? I ask because in the bible the word Holy is also applied to places and people. For example, exodus 19:6. I have often seen qadosh translated as Set Apart.

3) And most importantly: Can you now demonstrate Whether or not Brahma (of hindu's religion) fits into your descriptions? If so, why so? If not so, why not so?
And can you tell us Whether or not Yahweh ( of hebrew religion) fits into your descriptions? If so, why so? If not so, why not so?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some God Questions by johnw74: 2:10am On Mar 04, 2018
PastorAIO:

What do you understand by 'HOLY"? you wrote 'without any moral or character defect', is that what you mean by Holy? I ask because in the bible the word Holy is also applied to places and people. For example, exodus 19:6. I have often seen qadosh translated as Set Apart.

dictionary:
qadosh
sacred (ceremonially or morally)

however i understand why you aio, a persopn that said God lied, would also want to argue against Him being holy

PastorAIO:

However everything the serpent said about the tree of good and evil was true while what Elohim said about it was false.

promise10:

God is ABSOLUTELY HOLY—without any moral or character defect. In fact, the Bible says that God is INCAPABLE of doing any evil, despite being all
powerful.

3 Likes

Re: Some God Questions by MuttleyLaff: 3:41am On Mar 04, 2018
johnw74:
dictionary:
qadosh

however i understand
why you aio, a person that said God lied,
would also want to argue against Him being holy
Checkmate
Re: Some God Questions by PastorAIO: 12:05pm On Mar 04, 2018
You're gonna have to troll more intelligently than that.

I didn't say anything about God nor being holy. I was asking for a definition of holiness, aka Qadosh.

johnw74:

dictionary:
qadosh

however i understand why you aio, a persopn that said God lied, would also want to argue against Him being holy

Re: Some God Questions by PastorAIO: 12:11pm On Mar 04, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Checkmate

I feel like taking you off the back burner and playing about with you a bit.

Would you care to explain what you mean by checkmate? Is there a game you're playing?

I asked for the meaning of Holiness, qadosh. If you have any idea please contribute.
Re: Some God Questions by PastorAIO: 12:21pm On Mar 04, 2018
Knack that straw man correct. Don't worry I dey your back. We go give an combination chop. Two left jabs followed by a right uppercut and finish off with a Glasgow kiss to to nose. Next time the straw man comes looking for trouble he'll think twice.

johnw74:

dictionary:
qadosh

Re: Some God Questions by MuttleyLaff: 5:09pm On Mar 04, 2018
PastorAIO:
I feel like taking you off the back burner
I never felt ever being on a back burner

PastorAIO:
and playing about with you a bit.
I rather you not play about a bit with me
but instead, you play about a bit with whatever your toy(s) maybe.

PastorAIO:
Would you care to explain what you mean by checkmate?
Nothing much to explain, than it was a random thought that first sprang to my mind

PastorAIO:
Is there a game you're playing?
Yes, there is a game I am playing.
Are you interested in participating in the game I am playing?

PastorAIO:
I asked for the meaning of Holiness, qadosh.
If you have any idea please contribute.
If you have the stamina to sustain my contributions with,
then why not make your wish, be my command
Holiness is a derivative of an abstract root word, Holy (i.e. "qadosh'')
so holiness in essence, is the state of being holy (i.e. "qadosh'')

God, set Himself apart for a special purpose,
and this essentially implies that, ceremonially, morally or whatnot, God taboos Himself from profane use.
God is "qadosh". God is Holy.
Capisce

1 Like

Re: Some God Questions by PastorAIO: 6:02pm On Mar 04, 2018
PastorAIO:

3) And most importantly: Can you now demonstrate Whether or not Brahma (of hindu's religion) fits into your descriptions? I[b]f so, why so? If not so, why not so?[/b]
And can you tell us Whether or not Yahweh ( of hebrew religion) fits into your descriptions? If so, why so? If not so, why not so?

MuttleyLaff:

and this essentially implies that, ceremonially, morally or whatnot, God taboos Himself from profane use.
Capisce
Re: Some God Questions by PastorAIO: 6:02pm On Mar 04, 2018
PastorAIO:

3) And most importantly: Can you now demonstrate Whether or not Brahma (of hindu's religion) fits into your descriptions? If so, why so? If not so, why not so?

MuttleyLaff:

Capisce
Re: Some God Questions by MuttleyLaff: 6:14pm On Mar 04, 2018
PastorAIO:
Why yall keep posting same thing twice and thrice
First it was Gggg102, now it's you
Of course, I can but I am right now busy having dinner
Re: Some God Questions by MuttleyLaff: 9:55pm On Mar 04, 2018
PastorAIO:
God is the self-eternal One,
having no need of being created, since He is eternal and is the cause of all things,
INCLUDING the dimension of time, to which He is NOT SUBJECT.

Likewise, God is NOT SUBJECT to the physical creation, but is spiritual in nature,
residing in the SPIRITUAL DIMENSIONS (the infinite) of heaven.
God's power over the physical creation is ABSOLUTE, such that He can manipulate matter, energy, space, and time AT WILL.

For this reason, God is said to be all powerful
—able to accomplish any possible task He wills to do.
Along with being ALL POWERFUL, God is also ALL KNOWING
—having knowledge of all things that are possible to be known,
including the entire history of the universe—past, present, and future.

Because God is all powerful (omnipotent) and all knowing (omniscient),
He is also able to be present at ALL PLACE OF THE UNIVERSE AT ALL TIME (omnipresent).
God is also ALL LOVING.

God is ABSOLUTELY HOLY—without any moral or character defect.
In fact, the Bible says that God is INCAPABLE of doing any evil, despite being all powerful.

God is UNCHANGEABLE. In other words, He does not change any of His attributes or character at any time.
Despite humanity's tendency to change its definition of morality, God's moral character DOESN'T EVOLVE WITH TIME, but remains constant.

SO ON THIS BASIS I ARGUE.

3) And most importantly:
Can you now demonstrate Whether or not Brahma (of hindu's religion) fits into your descriptions?
If so, why so? If not so, why not so?

And can you tell us Whether or not Yahweh ( of hebrew religion) fits into your descriptions?
You asked me for the meaning of Holiness, qadosh.
that if I have any idea, to please contribute.
This afterthought cum Oliver Twist addition wasnt part of your original request to me

I suppose "fits into your descriptions" means what promise10 outlined out as his own definition and understanding of what God is

Can you now demonstrate Whether or not Brahma (of hindu's religion) fits into your descriptions?
>>>
Brahma (of hindu's religion) doesnt fit into the descriptions
because God, whose personal name is unrevealed and unknown but nonetheless, takes to Yahweh,
is everything Brahma is and everything that Brahma is not, that, Yahweh is
Even the name Yahweh, its meaning is a dead giveaway

And can you tell us Whether or not Yahweh (of hebrew religion) fits into your descriptions?
>>>
Yahweh, inarguably, is a living embodiment of all those descriptions
Just above previous response, says why
Re: Some God Questions by johnw74: 11:51pm On Mar 04, 2018
PastorAIO:
You're gonna have to troll more intelligently than that.

I didn't say anything about God nor being holy. I was asking for a definition of holiness, aka Qadosh.

twister AIO, i see that you fear being challenged, you call it trolling to hopefully get rid of the annoyance

of course i know that you don't think God is Holy
how could you when you claim He lied,

oh duh so called pastor
Re: Some God Questions by johnw74: 11:55pm On Mar 04, 2018
PastorAIO:
Knack that straw man correct. Don't worry I dey your back. We go give an combination chop. Two left jabs followed by a right uppercut and finish off with a Glasgow kiss to to nose. Next time the straw man comes looking for trouble he'll think twice.

it would take a man to do that,
but keep running away from the truth oh false one
Re: Some God Questions by johnw74: 12:13am On Mar 05, 2018
PastorAIO:

talk about straw man, you are it

you say things that are not true
and then you give wrong interpertations of God's word to prove them

oh duh aio

1 Like

Re: Some God Questions by PastorAIO: 4:15am On Mar 05, 2018
johnw74:

twister AIO, i see that you fear being challenged, you call it trolling to hopefully get rid of the annoyance

of course i know that you don't think God is Holy
how could you when you claim He lied,

oh duh so called pastor

Au contraire. I was getting bored and now it seems that you are here to alleviate that. Bring on all the challenges.

The implication of what you are saying is that Holiness and Lying are incompatible. Why?

If Qadosh is what has been set apart, why can't a lie be set apart?

1 Like

Re: Some God Questions by PastorAIO: 4:16am On Mar 05, 2018
johnw74:

it would take a man to do that,
but keep running away from the truth oh false one

A man like you. Oya, body slam the straw man.
Re: Some God Questions by PastorAIO: 4:18am On Mar 05, 2018
johnw74:

talk about straw man, you are it

you say things that are not true
and then you give wrong interpertations of God's word to prove them

oh duh aio

I am straw. No wahala.

If I say something that is not true you will quote what I said and show us all how it is not true.
Re: Some God Questions by johnw74: 4:54am On Mar 05, 2018
PastorAIO:

A man like you. Oya, body slam the straw man.

PastorAIO:

I am straw. No wahala.

If I say something that is not true you will quote what I said and show us all how it is not true.

talking garbage as usual

1 Like

Re: Some God Questions by johnw74: 5:01am On Mar 05, 2018
PastorAIO:

Au contraire. I was getting bored and now it seems that you are here to alleviate that. Bring on all the challenges.

The implication of what you are saying is that Holiness and Lying are incompatible. Why?

If Qadosh is what has been set apart, why can't a lie be set apart?

you don't know that, amazing, but not suprising

and i'm not here to help you, i'm here to show you up for twisting God's word

that's why i say to you: don't post the confusion in your head
post the verses that you think it relates to, so i can show you how wrong you are,
and continue putting you in your place

1 Like

Re: Some God Questions by PastorAIO: 6:54am On Mar 05, 2018
johnw74:

talking garbage as usual

Yeah garbage like quoting bible verses that you cannot address.

johnw74:

you don't know that, amazing, but not suprising

and i'm not here to help you, i'm here to show you up for twisting God's word

that's why i say to you: don't post the confusion in your head
post the verses that you think it relates to, so i can show you how wrong you are,
and continue putting you in your place

Interestingly I'm here to show you up for being a hypocritical bigoted unbiblical deluded pathetic human being.

Even though it is obvious that you lack the intelligence to even follow a debate on a thread I'll continue to interact with you because it gives me the opportunity to continue my exposition of this demonic movement that you are a part of.

2 Likes

Re: Some God Questions by johnw74: 7:07am On Mar 05, 2018
PastorAIO:

Yeah garbage like quoting bible verses that you cannot address.

Interestingly I'm here to show you up for being a hypocritical bigoted unbiblical deluded pathetic human being.

Even though it is obvious that you lack the intelligence to even follow a debate on a thread I'll continue to interact with you because it gives me the opportunity to continue my exposition of this demonic movement that you are a part of.

ha ha, you have been reduced to garbage being all you have

3 Likes

Re: Some God Questions by PastorAIO: 8:44am On Mar 05, 2018
johnw74:

ha ha, you have been reduced to garbage being all you have

I see that you don't want to discuss bible, all you want to do is sling insults.

When it comes to insults I concede, you win hands down. Zzzzzz zz...
Please wake me up when you want to discuss bible.

2 Likes

Re: Some God Questions by johnw74: 11:41am On Mar 05, 2018
PastorAIO:

I see that you don't want to discuss bible, all you want to do is sling insults.

When it comes to insults I concede, you win hands down. Zzzzzz zz...
Please wake me up when you want to discuss bible.

how you love to lie, but with you that's just speaking naturally

of course i'm happy to discuss the bible, when you twist bible verses to suit your satanic beliefs
that's what i do, i show you to be wrong, put you in your place

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some God Questions by PastorAIO: 12:12pm On Mar 05, 2018
johnw74:

how you love to lie, but with you that's just speaking naturally

of course i'm happy to discuss the bible, when you twist bible verses to suit your satanic beliefs
that's what i do, i show you to be wrong, put you in your place
You can't even understand contemporary English, Na bible you wan understand.
Re: Some God Questions by johnw74: 12:52pm On Mar 05, 2018
PastorAIO:

You can't even understand contemporary English, Na bible you wan understand.

and yet i easily show you to be wrong
although you are to blinded to see it:

2Co_4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

2 Likes

Re: Some God Questions by PastorAIO: 3:35pm On Mar 05, 2018
johnw74:

and yet i easily show you to be wrong
although you are to blinded to see it:

2Co_4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

There are three sorts of labourers according to the art of Alchemy, that is the Alchimist, the Lauchimist, and the Lachrymist. Not every one who sayeth "Take, Take", shall enter into this art, because it is one only receipt, and one body entereth not into another.

Fools understanding the sayings of the Philosophers according to the letter do find out no truth, and they say it is a false science because they have tried it and found nothing, and then they become as men desperate, condemning this science and dispraising the books thereof, and therefore the science maketh small account of them, because our science of the secrets of nature hath no enemy but the ignorant, according to these verses following:

This stone is had in small regard
With men of slender wit
But yet the wise and learned sort
Make great account of it.

1 Like

Re: Some God Questions by Ubenedictus(m): 5:04pm On Mar 05, 2018
you guys are making the thread toxic

2 Likes

Re: Some God Questions by johnw74: 10:36pm On Mar 05, 2018
Ubenedictus:

now even more so with the presence of statue worshiper

however i continue to say God does not lie
and i continue to show up those that twist God's word

2 Likes

Re: Some God Questions by johnw74: 10:38pm On Mar 05, 2018
PastorAIO:

There are three sorts of labourers according to the art of Alchemy, that is the Alchimist, the Lauchimist, and the Lachrymist. Not every one who sayeth "Take, Take", shall enter into this art, because it is one only receipt, and one body entereth not into another.

Fools understanding the sayings of the Philosophers according to the letter do find out no truth, and they say it is a false science because they have tried it and found nothing, and then they become as men desperate, condemning this science and dispraising the books thereof, and therefore the science maketh small account of them, because our science of the secrets of nature hath no enemy but the ignorant, according to these verses following:

This stone is had in small regard
With men of slender wit
But yet the wise and learned sort
Make great account of it.

continued aio nonsense,

you aio, the supposed wise and learned call God a liar
yeah you make make great account of it
talk about fools in their folly, ha ha

Mat_21:44 And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

2 Likes

Re: Some God Questions by Ubenedictus(m): 3:40pm On Mar 06, 2018
johnw74:

that is the name calling you do for kids, I am not moved by inaccurate and immature rant, you only showed yourself to be an iconoclast.
Re: Some God Questions by johnw74: 12:22am On Mar 07, 2018
Ubenedictus:
that is the name calling you do for kids, I am not moved by inaccurate and immature rant, you only showed yourself to be an iconoclast.

it's a fact you are a statue worshipper, that's truth,
so where is the name calling, and innacurate and immature rant Here oh lying false accuser:

johnw74:

but you are correct in me being a iconoclast
i certinally do criticize your cherished false worship of statues

God is a iconoclast also:
Lev_26:1 Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the LORD your God.

we have all seen rc's bow down and kneel down praying before statues of mary
God hates idol worship, and you dictus obviously don't care at all about that

1 Like

Re: Some God Questions by PastorAIO: 10:09pm On Mar 07, 2018
Ubenedictus:

It is actually to be expected. Where they feel they have answers they never fail to present them with bible quotes etc.

But when they are out of their depth they resort to insults and toxicity. In fact that is how you know them. When you say something and their response is a personal insult then everybody can take it for granted that they have nothing with which to answer your argument. That is where the discussion should end for everybody to see their vacuousness.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech / The Partisan Roles Of The Bishop And The Knight - A Quote By Jawolusy / Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.