Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,295 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

BUY ONLINE: How You Can Protect Yourself. Thanks JIJI NG - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / BUY ONLINE: How You Can Protect Yourself. Thanks JIJI NG (907 Views)

How Escrow Payment Service Can Protect You From Payment Fraud When Buying Items / Check/reprint Your JAMB 2017 UTME Result Online | How To Check JAMB Result / NABTEB Results 2016 Nov/dec Is Out Online | How To Check | Https://eworld.nabte (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BUY ONLINE: How You Can Protect Yourself. Thanks JIJI NG by carmine9(f): 2:35pm On Jul 18, 2017
Whether you are looking for a new mobile phone, want to move to a new house, or are planning to upgrade your laptop, there is always a small chance that you will come across a scammer. Here is what you can do to make sure your money and your identity stay completely safe.

1. Avoid paying for goods and services in advance, even if the seller claims he needs money for delivery.

2. If it’s too good to be true, it is likely a scam. If the price of the item is unbelievably low, or the salary in a job ad is unrealistically high, it’s better to leave such an ad out of attention.

3. Don’t share any of your personal information with the sellers on the Internet. Full name, banking and financial data, home address put you at risk of getting scammed.

4. If a seller asks for extra money when you’re trying to purchase an item or order a service, there’s a huge chance that this is a scam and you shouldn’t proceed with making a deal.

5. Verify the seller’s identity before agreeing to purchase the item. Learn as much about the seller as you can – most importantly, the full name and location.

6. Choose only public places to meet with the seller no matter what you buy – a car, a smartphone, or a motorcycle. Arrange the meeting before sunset and take someone with you, if possible.
Re: BUY ONLINE: How You Can Protect Yourself. Thanks JIJI NG by AdedayoQ: 2:39pm On Jul 18, 2017
yes, it's true. thanks

1 Like

Re: BUY ONLINE: How You Can Protect Yourself. Thanks JIJI NG by Caustics: 2:46pm On Jul 18, 2017
they are kidnapping sellers nowadays. i know of someone that was robbed by the buyer of the phone he wanted to sell on jiji. i also know someone that was robbed by the seller. Jiji is dangerous.
Re: BUY ONLINE: How You Can Protect Yourself. Thanks JIJI NG by JosephW: 3:17pm On Jul 18, 2017
Caustics:
they are kidnapping sellers nowadays. i know of someone that was robbed by the buyer of the phone he wanted to sell on jiji. i also know someone that was robbed by the seller. Jiji is dangerous.
I and my friends are not faced with such a problem
Re: BUY ONLINE: How You Can Protect Yourself. Thanks JIJI NG by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 18, 2017
Pled I found it difficult to deliver my goods to customers on jiji because of the cash on delivery some times I want to use bus to deliver to them but I don't see it to work because they have to pay pls any one with an I idea to move forward pls on how to handle such delivery pls
Re: BUY ONLINE: How You Can Protect Yourself. Thanks JIJI NG by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 20, 2017
carmine9:
Whether you are looking for a new mobile phone, want to move to a new house, or are planning to upgrade your laptop, there is always a small chance that you will come across a scammer. Here is what you can do to make sure your money and your identity stay completely safe.

1. Avoid paying for goods and services in advance, even if the seller claims he needs money for delivery.

2. If it’s too good to be true, it is likely a scam. If the price of the item is unbelievably low, or the salary in a job ad is unrealistically high, it’s better to leave such an ad out of attention.

3. Don’t share any of your personal information with the sellers on the Internet. Full name, banking and financial data, home address put you at risk of getting scammed.

4. If a seller asks for extra money when you’re trying to purchase an item or order a service, there’s a huge chance that this is a scam and you shouldn’t proceed with making a deal.

5. Verify the seller’s identity before agreeing to purchase the item. Learn as much about the seller as you can – most importantly, the full name and location.

6. Choose only public places to meet with the seller no matter what you buy – a car, a smartphone, or a motorcycle. Arrange the meeting before sunset and take someone with you, if possible.

Caustics:

Pled I found it difficult to deliver my goods to customers on jiji because of the cash on delivery some times I want to use bus to deliver to them but I don't see it to work because they have to pay pls any one with an I idea to move forward pls on how to handle such delivery pls
Re: BUY ONLINE: How You Can Protect Yourself. Thanks JIJI NG by AggroBug: 4:24pm On Jul 22, 2017
What are you talking about ? The most dangerous here are you and not jiji.You can not even buy or sell without problems? You just need to learn how to take responsibility for your actions.

(1) (Reply)

-A Nairaland Mechanical Engineering Graduate Shows Off His Cucumber Farm-photo / Unical Admission List 2017 | Check Full Unical Utme & Direct Entry List Here / 2017/2018 Kadpoly Admission Thread Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.