Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,746 members, 7,813,447 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

Wizkid: Why 'sounds From The Other Side' Is Not An Album - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid: Why 'sounds From The Other Side' Is Not An Album (633 Views)

Open Letter To Olamide - Why Olamide Shouldn’t Release An Album This Year 2018 / Wizkid:why I Don't Respond To Shatta Wale Beef / Wizkid: Why me and My Dad always fought... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wizkid: Why 'sounds From The Other Side' Is Not An Album by benclasik(m): 10:19pm On Jul 18, 2017
In an interview with Ibrahim Darden, an American radio presenter, popularly known as Ebro, Wizkid said he felt like making a “little record” and not an album.

“It’s like a collabo[ration]. Everyone calls it an album, but it’s like a[n] EP.

“Because it wasn’t like… When I decided to make it like a little record, a friend of mine came into the room with a business partner of his when I was recording, heard the music and said, are you about to put this out for free? [They] were like hell no. He was like yo, I’m putting my money behind that.”

The ‘Come Closer’ singer said although his “dad was a very musical guy, he doesn’t play music”, adding that he was the first member of his family to take up music professionally.

“I am the first artiste in my whole family. He [dad] just plays a whole lot of records in the house, so that really made me interested,” he said.

continue reading: https://asiaboom.org/2017/07/18/wizkid-why-sounds-from-the-other-side-is-not-an-album/

1 Share

Re: Wizkid: Why 'sounds From The Other Side' Is Not An Album by simplyhonest(m): 10:32pm On Jul 18, 2017
keep the flag flying bro... starboy
Re: Wizkid: Why 'sounds From The Other Side' Is Not An Album by drxeus(m): 10:39pm On Jul 18, 2017
wizkid is better than davido. period!
whos with me?
lemme comman be going before dem tarty billion gang comman kill me grin grin grin
Re: Wizkid: Why 'sounds From The Other Side' Is Not An Album by pizzylee(m): 10:56pm On Jul 18, 2017
starboy dey here so
Re: Wizkid: Why 'sounds From The Other Side' Is Not An Album by internationalman(m): 11:11pm On Jul 18, 2017
drxeus:
wizkid is better than davido. period!
whos with me?
lemme comman be going before dem tarty billion gang comman kill me grin grin grin
You people never get tired of comparing ..
All I know is that majority of households in Nigeria have forgotten the name Wizkid. Not that I even like Davido but d guy deserves more credit than he's given. He always has a hit song and they re always on the tip of every Nigerians tongue.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Check Out How This Atlanta Barber Transforms Bald Men's Head / I Would Love To Go On A Date With Linda Ikeji - F.shaw (ex Efcc Twitter Handler) / Jeff Bezos' Brief Stint As World's Richest Human Ends.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.