Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,295 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

How Would You Have Reacted? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Would You Have Reacted? (1513 Views)

See How A Little Boy Reacted On Seeing His Soldier-Brother Away For A Year / See How This Lady Reacted When She Caught Her Husband With Another Woman (video) / Ozubulu Killings; How A Billionaire's Daughter Reacted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Would You Have Reacted? by dacklin: 2:42pm On Jul 19, 2017
Mehn nawaoo for this our new generation wivies. 5 years into this, i still feel like i would have to talk too much if I ask for another meal just cos i wasnt filled up. Wife declined to make noodles and egg just to top up the fried plantain and stew. I asked her to source for the assistance of the house girl, she said she must be tired and about to sleep that she wont be able to do it. I was like, this girl works at your own work place where she exerts all her energy, then she returns back to my home, eat my food, enjoy all the home facility, and we are both paying her salary 50/50 and most of the time i source for her assistance through my wife, my wife uses the excuse of "shes tired n ish" and then my request gets declined, all these while, i do move on, bt tonight, I had to explain what i stated above to her, that if she cant sacrifice to make me noodles, then i can at least source the House G's assistance for the first time, instead she was placing orders on her phone online and checking instagram at the same time, telling me cooking the noodles should be considered a favor that she has done her duty by giving me dinner,something I have not requested for more than twice this year. I am a responsible man that takes care of his home and will always sacrifice all for the provision of my family to the max. Though the noodles is on the fire now, because I leave voice, people did i over-react? or was she the one tha over-reacted with those uncalled for statements?

1 Like

Re: How Would You Have Reacted? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 19, 2017
Oga, I think you're over reacting and should be considerate. Your wife and the girl must have had a hectic day, you could have made the noodle yourself since she has already given you dinner you felt wasn't enough. It's a simple task.

5 Likes

Re: How Would You Have Reacted? by BlaQWolf: 3:16pm On Jul 19, 2017
Benita27:
Oga, I think you're over reacting and should be considerate. Your wife and the girl must have had a hectic day, you could have made the noodle for yourself since she has already given you dinner you felt wasn't enough. It's a simple task.

Wrong Move I tell ya.
Re: How Would You Have Reacted? by newyorks(m): 3:29pm On Jul 19, 2017
a caring wife won't hesitate to feed her hubby well if not for any other atleast for the other room.

2 Likes

Re: How Would You Have Reacted? by Prognose: 3:30pm On Jul 19, 2017
The bitter truth is that a lot of respect has gone out of marriage when it comes to catering for the man. What's wrong in asking your wife to prepare a meal for you? And it's not like preparing indomie is so tasking, five minutes and it's done. It's not like she was busy, she was pressing her phone and browsing instagram.

Women don't respect men as much as they used to. They will call it women speaking out, women rights, but its tearing families apart and building unneccessary resentment. If the man is doing his job providing and caring for you, why can't you as the wife reciprocate?

OK if she was tired why didn't she tell the maid to assist? Is the needs of the maid more important than the needs of your husband?
And I assure u, if she was the one that wanted the indomie, she would have ordered the maid to make it asap.

It's a pity.

Well oga, I don't know how you run your home. Suffice to say, the world has changed. You can become more stern and more demanding so that your wife does not take you for granted or you can swallow it and adjust. As long as neither of you hold any grudges about it, well and good.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Would You Have Reacted? by captainking(m): 4:53pm On Jul 19, 2017
Benita27:
Oga, I think you're over reacting and should be considerate. Your wife and the girl must have had a hectic day, you could have made the noodle yourself since she has already given you dinner you felt wasn't enough. It's a simple task.
Your statement is not sensitive.. Why can't the house help prepare just indomie for the man when he also pays Hall her salary... Even the wife should be able to help the husband with that..you should know most men don't joke with their stomach.. If a woman can't feed her husband well.. Another woman will... Enuf said..

2 Likes

Re: How Would You Have Reacted? by captainking(m): 4:54pm On Jul 19, 2017
Benita27:
Your statement is not sensitive..the man may also be tired as well.. You did not consider some factors too.. Why can't the house help prepare just indomie for the man when he also pays Half her salary... Even the wife should be able to help the husband with that..you should know most men don't joke with their stomach.. If a woman can't feed her husband well.. Another woman will... Enuf said..
Re: How Would You Have Reacted? by darlenese(f): 4:57pm On Jul 19, 2017
newyorks:
a caring wife won't hesitate to feed her hubby well if not for any other atleast for the other room.

who says caring wives don't get tired?

it's awful some men can't tell when a woman is tired. they just sit on the sofa and give orders, the woman might be totally exhausted from work. we are talking about a working class lady here

6 Likes

Re: How Would You Have Reacted? by MARKone(m): 5:05pm On Jul 19, 2017
Benita27:

Very immature and insensitive comment. How do know that the man himself did not have a hectic day also, this is the kind of feminist mentality, that makes a mess of modern day marriages. If it is a simple task like you said, why won't the wife do it, or allow the help prepare the noodles. A wife that doesn't know her duties, is that one a wife.

@ post, oga as u make ur bed, so you lie.
Re: How Would You Have Reacted? by czarina(f): 5:45pm On Jul 19, 2017
Op... You might just be making a big deal outta nothing, they may have had a hectic day at work and while I would never support unnecessary insubordination, Making your own noodles wouldn't hurt... Just five to 8 minutes and you're good to go... On a lighter note you should be thankful your wife is human enough to take into consideration her maid's wellfare. We really don't get to see that much.

7 Likes

Re: How Would You Have Reacted? by YourCoffin: 5:59pm On Jul 19, 2017
Next time your wife asks you for something just tell her you are only doing her a favour since you put a roof over head. That way she will understand where you are coming from.
Re: How Would You Have Reacted? by Icecreamy: 6:06pm On Jul 19, 2017
Dinner? At 2pm.
Re: How Would You Have Reacted? by SirVintageCock: 6:07pm On Jul 19, 2017
Crying thread for able bodied men!!!!!!!!! Bua hahahahaha.
Stomach infrastructure anguish cheesy cheesy oh fvck me. Imagine sulking over your stomach lipsrsealed huh!! Giving your fellow human being rights over your stomach, if she didn't cook you sulk haba grin cool cook the damn indomie and make a mess for the maid to clean up then.

6 Likes

Re: How Would You Have Reacted? by dayleke: 6:07pm On Jul 19, 2017
The comments here na elele o....
Re: How Would You Have Reacted? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 19, 2017
if your wife came home from work, made your meal but you find you're not full, you can't expect her to be cooking you another meal na, haba. if you're still hungry, why not go into the kitchen yourself and look for something else to eat instead of asking your wife to cook for you again? or why doesn't she just prepare enough food for you in the first place, enough for leftover so if you're hungry again you can serve yourself?

6 Likes

Re: How Would You Have Reacted? by yasolan(m): 8:44pm On Jul 19, 2017
Seriously, look at the comments.Just ordinary noodles oo, he didn't ask the wife to make Amala or something,he even opined that she should tell the house maid

My oga no wahala Jare.once in a while it's good to leave voice
Re: How Would You Have Reacted? by eyinjuege: 8:50pm On Jul 19, 2017
Anyway, my take on the matter..
You need to watch your eating habits.
Fried plantain probably has a lot of oils in it which you had as a meal.
You're adding noodles again, with high calorie content.
And I'm sure it's all after 8pm. How will you burn off all those calories this night?
You should have just drank more water or had a cup of green tea.
Stay healthy

I've just read some posts up there. Food, Food, food...
Wetin na. You all should eat to live and not live to eat.
No wonder hypertension, heart diseases, diabetes are increasing and Nigerians already with a low life expectancy are getting it even reduced more day by day.
You shouldn't have 2 separate meals as dinner... I'm sure it isn't even one pack of indomie but two/more that's on fire now.
Next time, get some dried fruits and raisins to chew on.

yasolan:
Seriously, look at the comments.Just ordinary noodles oo, he didn't ask the wife to make Amala or something,he even opined that she should tell the house maid

My oga no wahala Jare.once in a while it's good to leave voice

Amala after eating fried plantain and stew......

1 Like

Re: How Would You Have Reacted? by yasolan(m): 9:16pm On Jul 19, 2017
eyinjuege:
And I'm sure it's all after 8pm. How will you burn off all those calories this night?
Stay healthy

No wonder hypertension, heart diseases, diabetes are increasing and Nigerians already with a low life expectancy are getting it even reduced more day by day.
You shouldn't have 2 separate meals as dinner... I'm sure it isn't even one pack of indomie but two/more that's on fire now.

Lol, bro..Leave all those diet and nutrition stuff for now, na husband and wife matter be this
Some people can eat Amala after fried plantain, that's just appetizer

2 Likes

Re: How Would You Have Reacted? by Dyt(f): 9:23pm On Jul 19, 2017
eyinjuege:
Stay healthy

Buhahahaha
Murderer

1 Like

Re: How Would You Have Reacted? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 19, 2017
Op Bringing it here is Over reacting. She is a human that get tired. After a hectic day at work she cooked and u want her to recook because ur not tight, can u do that for someone else? Working wives are really trying even those of us with part time jobs are not finding it easy. Next time be considerate and cook the indome urself or look for something dat dosent require cooking like bread and sardine.

Op put urself in her shoes u will do the same thing.
Those people bashing the op wife i pity their wives.

6 Likes

Re: How Would You Have Reacted? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 19, 2017
MARKone:

Very immature and insensitive comment. How do know that the man himself did not have a hectic day also, this is the kind of feminist mentality, that makes a mess of modern day marriages. If it is a simple task like you said, why won't the wife do it, or allow the help prepare the noodles. A wife that doesn't know her duties, is that one a wife.

@ post, oga as u make ur bed, so you lie.

Over insensitive and very immature. Since the op knows the task is very simple will doing it make him less a man, a man that show consideration to a tired wife is that a husband.
@op see u why social media wrecks marriages.

5 Likes

Re: How Would You Have Reacted? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 19, 2017
captainking:

Your statement is not sensitive..the man may also be tired as well.. You did not consider some factors too.. Why can't the house help prepare just indomie for the man when he also pays Half her salary... Even the wife should be able to help the husband with that..you should know most men don't joke with their stomach.. If a woman can't feed her husband well.. Another woman will... Enuf said..

Polygamist spotted. Another man will also take the man place.
These are the kind of comments that wrecks marriages. I pity some women because of the kind of men some call husband.

6 Likes

Re: How Would You Have Reacted? by TheeDetective: 10:03pm On Jul 19, 2017
@Op, so because your wife refused to make you noodles after you've had your dinner and she also refused you asking the house help to make the noddles for you, you had to bring the matter to NL for judge and jury undecided? Nothing stops you from doing that simple task of making the noodles yourself if you were that hungry. It’s not everything that one should nag about and sometimes, doing a simple task yourself makes for peace; hence, let it go mate. One more thing, I hope you are not a nagging man as it seems your wife is beginning to sense that about you.

5 Likes

Re: How Would You Have Reacted? by captainking(m): 12:12am On Jul 20, 2017
iamloyalty:

Polygamist spotted. Another man will also take the man place.
These are the kind of comments that wrecks marriages. I pity some women because of the kind of men some call husband.

Suit yourself.. Feminist spotted..
Re: How Would You Have Reacted? by nnamdibig(m): 12:37am On Jul 20, 2017
5 years into this and madam still don't know your gauge and she still gives you food(half chop) that you still have to top up?
Some brain resetting is needed here(by serious midnight discussion).
Re: How Would You Have Reacted? by raumdeuter: 4:25am On Jul 20, 2017
Take car keys go to bus stop and ask aboki to cook indomie for you

2 Likes

Re: How Would You Have Reacted? by Benbobola(m): 6:26am On Jul 20, 2017
but in 5 years, i would assume by now the wife already knows her husband's gauge when it comes to food. The both of you should talk it out. .... and by the way, i think the issue of respect is gradually flying out the window.
Re: How Would You Have Reacted? by NoToPile: 6:38am On Jul 20, 2017
So wives and maids don't get tired abi, them be machine.

So because you pay 50% of the maids salary and she eats your food she too can't be tired.

So your wife that has gone to hustle since morning and ensured dinner was prepared doesn't have a right to be tired.

Not surprised at some comments from the male folks when all they do is dish out orders. Both of you went out to work, you had your dinner you want extra meal prepared, she said she's tired you are vexing, you want the maid to do it she also said the maid will be tired you are also angry about that forgetting that as you went out to hustle they also went out to hustle too.

Issorait .

And Yes you are overreacting

5 Likes

Re: How Would You Have Reacted? by cococandy(f): 7:57am On Jul 20, 2017
Because you pay the maid doesn't mean she does not get a break.
It's a job. She should not be working 24 hours a day.
Your wife even made dinner for you after a hectic day. You're lucky.

Now you're here whining about not getting a second dinner. You Oga are insensitive and selfish.

You do your part as the husband. okay. I'm sure she does her part as wife and does some of yours too. Otherwise why is she paying half the maid's salary? I'm sure she also contributes financially like you do to the home.

But trust you guys to never be 100% honest with the facts.

BTW a human being that can't bring raw food materials and convert them into edible food (I.e cooking) is a deficient human. It's like being a handicap.

Go to sleep please. Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: How Would You Have Reacted? by Exponental(m): 8:03am On Jul 20, 2017
It depends on who we are. My wife won't try that, house help can't make my food and if I consider my wife tired, I would rather make it myself.
Paying bills is not a point, talk to your wife about she meeting your needs as a priority!
Re: How Would You Have Reacted? by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 20, 2017
What's stopping YOU from making those noodles yourself undecided. It's not even going to take up to 10 mins. It's obvious they were tired, you even had dinner already. If you want a second 1, then go and make it yourself, I assume your arms and brain are still intact. That's all you need to cook, it's not a talent

4 Likes

Re: How Would You Have Reacted? by carammel(f): 10:34am On Jul 20, 2017
I wonder how women get to marry all these boy-men.
Jaki gets tired too oga.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

See A Family Photo Of A Big Man And His Plus-size Wife That Got People Talking / How Could We Have Been This Gullible? / How we push our youths into crime here on nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.