Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,167 members, 7,821,958 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Cassava Production Business - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cassava Production Business (878 Views)

Ondo Gets 10 Bulldozers To Boost Cassava Production -Gov Akeredolu Shares PHOTOS / Best Cassava Production Plan To Help You Make Money / Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cassava Production Business by KingShayDee(m): 2:58pm On Jul 19, 2017
This is my first post on agriculture so i need your candid advise
Well i want to go into agricuture (cassava production) and have been reading alot and i also got into with someone who manages hectares of cassava farms etc at a farm settlement in ekiti state, it's been encouraging so far and have come up with a business proposal and a host of other but my concern is

1.how lucrative is it cos different people having been quoting several figures concerning the amount/ Ton?

2.What are the important techniques to manage the farm?

3. Which of the variety is high yielding with high starch content?

4. Is it more profitable to sell the raw tubers or pocess into garri for a start?

I need your advice

Am starting with a 5 hectares of farm land and dm sourcing for finance right now though and i need partners
Thanks
Re: Cassava Production Business by eminikansoso(m): 9:05pm On Jul 19, 2017
For a start seek the advice of local farmers in your area. For you to start with 5 hectares of cassava, it is not an easy task and if care is not taken all will be a loss.
My advice to you is start with 1 or 2 hectares and expand from there. I start mine with an hectare at oturu in delta state in 2013. I just finished planting my cassava on another hectares of land in the same oturu last Sunday.

Re: Cassava Production Business by KingShayDee(m): 1:09pm On Jul 20, 2017
Thanks for the info � but how much did u spend to cultivate one hectare and after harvesting did u process or you just sold off the raw tubers
How do i contact you
Re: Cassava Production Business by eminikansoso(m): 3:35pm On Jul 20, 2017
KingShayDee:
Thanks for the info � but how much did u spend to cultivate one hectare and after harvesting did u process or you just sold off the raw tubers
How do i contact you
I don't really remember but what i know is that is less than #80k.
i don't process, i sold everything raw.

1 Like

Re: Cassava Production Business by Christeety: 11:53pm On Jul 20, 2017
KingShayDee:
This is my first post on agriculture so i need your candid advise
Well i want to go into agricuture (cassava production) and have been reading alot and i also got into with someone who manages hectares of cassava farms etc at a farm settlement in ekiti state, it's been encouraging so far and have come up with a business proposal and a host of other but my concern is

1.how lucrative is it cos different people having been quoting several figures concerning the amount/ Ton?

2.What are the important techniques to manage the farm?

3. Which of the variety is high yielding with high starch content?

4. Is it more profitable to sell the raw tubers or pocess into garri for a start?

I need your advice

Am starting with a 5 hectares of farm land and dm sourcing for finance right now though and i need partners
Thanks
1) Cassava is quite lucrative in the sense that, u spend less but get more profit. Unlike other crops that needs full hands care and big expenses. Cassava is less stressful. Plough your land, buy good stem, apply fertiliser and weed appropriately.

2) Different crops with different techniques

3)TME 419

4) It's more profitable when u process it to garri
Re: Cassava Production Business by KingShayDee(m): 5:19pm On Jul 22, 2017
Thank you all for your advise by God's grace we starting soon
Re: Cassava Production Business by KingShayDee(m): 10:22pm On Jul 25, 2017
Please i need your contact details
Re: Cassava Production Business by KingShayDee(m): 10:22pm On Jul 25, 2017
eminikansoso:
For a start seek the advice of local farmers in your area. For you to start with 5 hectares of cassava, it is not an easy task and if care is not taken all will be a loss.
My advice to you is start with 1 or 2 hectares and expand from there. I start mine with an hectare at oturu in delta state in 2013. I just finished planting my cassava on another hectares of land in the same oturu last Sunday.
Please i need your contact

(1) (Reply)

Super Gro - Wonder Drop Liquid Fertilizer / Cassava And Garri Production Investment / Who Else Want To Start Mini Exportation Of Foodstuff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.