Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,312 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Can I Be Admitted With This Kind Of Result For Computer Science? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Be Admitted With This Kind Of Result For Computer Science? (36323 Views)

Please Can I Be Admitted With This Jamb Scores / Why You Should Not Use Two Sittings Result For JAMB 2019 / Will I Be Admitted With The New Jamb Cut Off? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Be Admitted With This Kind Of Result For Computer Science? by ibolomo(m): 12:58pm On Jul 20, 2017
SaintXto:
Can i be admitted in Uni to study COMPUTER SCIENCE with this result?
ECONOMICS B3
GEOGRAPHY F9
CIVIC EDUCATION B3
TOURISM F9
ENGLISH LANGUAGE C4
GENERAL MATHEMATICS B2
BIOLOGY C6
CHEMISTRY B3
PHYSICS C4

Theoretically, yes. But the subjects where you had an F, even though not compulsory, can still make you not gain admission.
make sure whatever university you choose either has a low popularity or you have people in high places that can fix your admission. Peace
Re: Can I Be Admitted With This Kind Of Result For Computer Science? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 20, 2017
chichijas:

really? physics isn't bad na!

for computer science d least d school wil want u to g8 in PHYSICS shud be C6
Re: Can I Be Admitted With This Kind Of Result For Computer Science? by Dum4christ: 12:59pm On Jul 20, 2017
nickishire:

It depends on the school she chose in Jamb. If its a federal school, maybe she should change to a less competitive institution.
she chose unizik....what best do you think she can get with this result.I doubt if she can get nursing..
Re: Can I Be Admitted With This Kind Of Result For Computer Science? by Acme77: 1:05pm On Jul 20, 2017
English Language and Physics are needed
Re: Can I Be Admitted With This Kind Of Result For Computer Science? by Momoh7(m): 1:08pm On Jul 20, 2017
chichijas:

i am not understanding! you mean if i take pre ND in poly, i can be admitted? .and which polytechnic can take me?
Bros nabteb dey go on now Run go enrol and thank me in February
Re: Can I Be Admitted With This Kind Of Result For Computer Science? by emmydadave: 1:10pm On Jul 20, 2017
chichijas:

you mean no polytechnic will accept me?

Yes, i think polybag will accept you
Re: Can I Be Admitted With This Kind Of Result For Computer Science? by emmydadave: 1:13pm On Jul 20, 2017
chichijas:

i am not understanding!
you mean if i take pre ND in poly, i can be admitted?
.and which poly can be that?

Polybag
Re: Can I Be Admitted With This Kind Of Result For Computer Science? by Iblawi1: 1:55pm On Jul 20, 2017
Maths, English and physics is the general requirement but some schools like UI would add chemistry.
Re: Can I Be Admitted With This Kind Of Result For Computer Science? by nickishire: 1:56pm On Jul 20, 2017
chichijas:
I wrote my waec examination few months ago, and result has been released.
this is what i got as my result:
MARKETING = C6
GEOGRAPHY = D7
CIVIC EDUCATION = B3
ENGLISH LANGUAGE = D7
GENERAL MATHEMATICS = C4
AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE = D7
BIOLOGY = C6
CHEMISTRY = C4
PHYSICS = E8

i want to know if i can be admitted into polytechnic or university for computer science with this result?
pls i need enlightment.

You can apply for part time in Lagos State Polytechnic. The duration of the programme is about 2 years and 3 months. There are about three different part time programmes you can choose from i.e. Part Time Evening (Daily), Part Time Day ( Daily) and Part Time Weekend.
If you need more information, call me on 07034309256 or visit the school's website www.mylaspotech.edu.ng
Re: Can I Be Admitted With This Kind Of Result For Computer Science? by Mekanus(m): 2:16pm On Jul 20, 2017
[quote author=benzene00 post=58645604][/quote]
That is just the hard truth.
Re: Can I Be Admitted With This Kind Of Result For Computer Science? by NigerianScholar: 2:32pm On Jul 20, 2017
Slurity:
Your thinking is shallow. That students can still become anything he desire in this world even if that is the best he can do now. my first waec result is far poorer that and am doing my PhD presently.

Everything i said is true friend,
you cant sugarcoat it...the logic of "you can be anything you want to be if you really want it" is true. But you need effort, knowledge/skills. Pick out every point i made
1. Computer science is a very hard course (I know that because i am studying it as well)
2. If that result was an accurate description of his abilities he cant be a computer science student. Getting an E in physics. Its just not possible
3. I didnt say anything contrary to the bolded above. I simply adviced him to go back and re-learn. Or take the practical route
4. Even if he takes the practical route,he still needs the kmowledge of every subject above. Especially the english that he failed...The hustle for money is very competitive now and being sub-par with your oponents wont allow you compete

Please tell me which one of the above is wrong with reasons.

N.B- we re just discussing...you can actually prove me wrong
Re: Can I Be Admitted With This Kind Of Result For Computer Science? by SilverG33k(m): 3:22pm On Jul 20, 2017
lonelydora:
Op, na one small girl you senior well well smash A1s in all her subjects at Shalom in Nsukka. Shame no dey catch you to post this result?

Well, you didn't make Physics so I doubt of you can be admitted in Computer Science. But, this is Nigeria you know, with some sortings it is possible.
I rarely quote people but with this you have posted is way below normal IQ level and i really need to react, all heads are not equal, some are rich, others poor, some are born genius, some average, some below average. Its not a nice thing to say something like this at all. . . Truth be told, my mom in her days had result poorer than this and she would tell us brains are not equal, ive confirmed what she said in school when i would read and understand in 30mins while a lady i know would take 4hours to understand same thing i read so i'll like you to please stop uttering heartbreaking statements like this, PLEASE
Re: Can I Be Admitted With This Kind Of Result For Computer Science? by dtrend(m): 3:35pm On Jul 20, 2017
[quote author=chichijas post=58632106]I wrote my waec examination few months ago, and result has been released.
this is what i got as my result:
MARKETING = C6
GEOGRAPHY = D7
CIVIC EDUCATION = B3
ENGLISH LANGUAGE = D7
GENERAL MATHEMATICS = C4
AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE = D7
BIOLOGY = C6
CHEMISTRY = C4
PHYSICS = E8

Nah!
The d7 & e8 for English & physics respectively disqualifies you oooo
Sorry, try again next time and improve on those subjects. . .
wishing you all the best
Re: Can I Be Admitted With This Kind Of Result For Computer Science? by GodMercy2015: 4:30pm On Jul 20, 2017
You can be given admission into
Ogun State College of health technology Ilese-Ijebu to study OND in computer science, we also have linkages to further your BSC in several universities.

For further enquiries call this number 0.8.0.6.7.5.3.3.0.9.2.

I am a lecturer in the computer science department.
Re: Can I Be Admitted With This Kind Of Result For Computer Science? by Slurity(m): 4:40pm On Jul 20, 2017
NigerianScholar:

Everything i said is true friend,
you cant sugarcoat it...the logic of "you can be anything you want to be if you really want it" is true. But you need effort, knowledge/skills. Pick out every point i made
1. Computer science is a very hard course (I know that because i am studying it as well)
2. If that result was an accurate description of his abilities he cant be a computer science student. Getting an E in physics. Its just not possible
3. I didnt say anything contrary to the bolded above. I simply adviced him to go back and re-learn. Or take the practical route
4. Even if he takes the practical route,he still needs the kmowledge of every subject above. Especially the english that he failed...The hustle for money is very competitive now and being sub-par with your oponents wont allow you compete

Please tell me which one of the above is wrong with reasons.

N.B- we re just discussing...you can actually prove me wrong
I will say it again, you are wrong to judge him through that result, am did not study computer yet I handle tutorial for people finding computer courses difficult. No result is a final show of someone ability
Re: Can I Be Admitted With This Kind Of Result For Computer Science? by pazzini: 4:49pm On Jul 20, 2017
Go get English #Nigga#
Re: Can I Be Admitted With This Kind Of Result For Computer Science? by femi4: 5:41pm On Jul 20, 2017
Maxcollins042:

Actually he is correct

LaExpert:

He's technically correct even though the usage is not in the best form.

TEYA:

NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT SENTENCE

All these ponmo men will start a sentence with "cannot"
Re: Can I Be Admitted With This Kind Of Result For Computer Science? by NigerianScholar: 7:12pm On Jul 20, 2017
Slurity:
I will say it again, you are wrong to judge him through that result, am did not study computer yet I handle tutorial for people finding computer courses difficult. No result is a final show of someone ability
That is why i said "if that result is an accurate description of his abilities" i said if that was him at his peak and he wasnt unlucky or anything
Re: Can I Be Admitted With This Kind Of Result For Computer Science? by oneman1988: 7:56pm On Jul 20, 2017
I CAME TO TO YOUR EXAMINATION HALL THAT DAY TO GIVE UR EXPO BUT U DIDN'T DEY SORRY U DIDN'T ARROUND
Re: Can I Be Admitted With This Kind Of Result For Computer Science? by elkarim: 9:29pm On Jul 20, 2017
Guy this result looks edited if it's actually real you are on a long thing try again this September
Re: Can I Be Admitted With This Kind Of Result For Computer Science? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jul 20, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

please young man, take a year off and re-write WAEC so that you will have complete 5 credits with English and Maths and also in subjects related to your field of study.
You may need to enroll for masters program tomorrow and they see that you don't have credit in Maths/English. You may need scholarship, employment (some employees will even disqualify you in an interview because your o'level is combined and not one sitting) international student visa, work permit etc; don't just limit yourself today and rush through this stage in life without getting your papers because it will haunt you in the future.

please, just take one year out and sort your O'level and in 1 sitting.
Pls I Got E8 In Physics, 6 Distntn Nd 2 Credt. Am Planning Of Applyin 4 Scholaship If Admited. I Hope I Wud Make My Neco nd Get Admitted. I Want To Ask, If I Rewrite Waec Nex Yr Afta Gainin Admision, Can I Use Dat One To Apply 4 Scholarship Since I Got It After Gaining Admission?
Re: Can I Be Admitted With This Kind Of Result For Computer Science? by Maxcollins042(m): 10:58pm On Jul 20, 2017
femi4:

All these ponmo men will start a sentence with "cannot"
If I am wrong why couldn't you find it easy to constructively criticize me rather use a foul word on me? Are you wholly bereft of manners?
Re: Can I Be Admitted With This Kind Of Result For Computer Science? by lonelydora: 1:01am On Jul 21, 2017
SilverG33k:

I rarely quote people but with this you have posted is way below normal IQ level and i really need to react, all heads are not equal, some are rich, others poor, some are born genius, some average, some below average. Its not a nice thing to say something like this at all. . . Truth be told, my mom in her days had result poorer than this and she would tell us brains are not equal, ive confirmed what she said in school when i would read and understand in 30mins while a lady i know would take 4hours to understand same thing i read so i'll like you to please stop uttering heartbreaking statements like this, PLEASE

I was just being sarcastic, no offence intended. Reason for my second paragraph.
Re: Can I Be Admitted With This Kind Of Result For Computer Science? by SilverG33k(m): 9:03pm On Jul 25, 2017
lonelydora:

I was just being sarcastic, no offence intended. Reason for my second paragraph.

wink cool
Re: Can I Be Admitted With This Kind Of Result For Computer Science? by chidexholla(m): 6:26am On Aug 16, 2017
pls can I go for computer science without further maths and dis result economics b3 mathematics a1 chemistry b2 physics a1 biology c4 English c5 geography a1 animal husbandry a1 civic a1
Re: Can I Be Admitted With This Kind Of Result For Computer Science? by stephentuyi(m): 11:55am On Feb 01, 2018
English Language C6
Mathematics B3
Civic Education C4
Biology A1
Chemistry C4
Physics D7
Economics C6
Yoruba D7
Which course can I study
Re: Can I Be Admitted With This Kind Of Result For Computer Science? by stephentuyi(m): 12:02pm On Feb 01, 2018
No u cant
Re: Can I Be Admitted With This Kind Of Result For Computer Science? by 2izzatu: 4:55pm On Sep 19, 2022
Please I want to study microbiology in ABU with this result
Marketing C6
Irs C6
Civic B3
English B3
Mathematics B3
Agricultural science F9
Biology C4
Chemistry B3
Physics D7
Re: Can I Be Admitted With This Kind Of Result For Computer Science? by Emavel(m): 11:16pm On Oct 10, 2023
How did it go?
Re: Can I Be Admitted With This Kind Of Result For Computer Science? by yhemmsy(m): 3:31am On Oct 11, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why We Can't Employ The ATBU Graduate Who Built Drone - VC / Overall 4th Best Candidate In The 2019 UTME Gets Scholarship (pictures) / Admissions At Futy (yola)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.