Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,790 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

Whats The Most Unused Accessory In Your Car. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Whats The Most Unused Accessory In Your Car. (1052 Views)

Why Is Your Car Making Noise When Reversing? / 10 Things That Can Make Your Car Look More Beautiful / Where Is The Worst Place Your Car Has Ever Broken Down? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats The Most Unused Accessory In Your Car. by snipesdam(m): 12:22pm On Jul 20, 2017
In Every car One has that special toy you often used when driving while there are a few button you really haven't touch probably ever since you bought that car. Come in and name yours.

For Me Most Used.

1. The Window Buttons.
2. The Radio.
3. AC switch.

Most Unused Buttons.

1. The Rear Windshield Demist Button: I wonder if that thing really works. Its quite a useless button to me when i don't have rear wipers. Anyway the AC does the job.
2. The Lock All Windows Button: I don't usually use this button often, i only remember to use it when bae is riding with me and says the AC is too cold next thing she rolls down the window. Thanks to that button i just lock the window and keep driving while she complains and shut her side of the AC vent.

If you have that accessory or button you've never tried to push. Come in and tell us why.

Re: Whats The Most Unused Accessory In Your Car. by nurey(m): 10:53am On Jul 21, 2017
The cigarette lighter, i dont even know if it will get hot if i depress it, will probably try it out after work

The disable button for disabling all button of windows and door just by the side mirror adjuster

The volume button on the radio (i prefer the wheel attached buttons)
Re: Whats The Most Unused Accessory In Your Car. by erico2k2(m): 11:56am On Jul 21, 2017
for me, my Music system
Re: Whats The Most Unused Accessory In Your Car. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 21, 2017
I use virtually most of the functions in my car.
Most used:
radio
ac
wipers/windshield washer
power windows
windows lock (My little girl is fund of rolling down the windows so i use the window lock whenever she's in the car
central lock
power seat adjustment
cruise control when on a long road trip
Sunroof

The ones I barely use
heated seats (why do u need heated seats when it is always hot here lol, tried it a few times while it was raining and weather was cold)

heated mirrors (this one I used once while it was raining but really makes no difference, only useful during winter to melt the snows on the mirror, since we don't have snow here its basically useless).

@op, the rear windshield demist button is very useful and I use it a lot. very useful if u have to drive early morning say around 5am when mist ha taken over ur rear window. just turn it on and within a few mins ur rear window would be very clear. Also useful while driving at night during hamattan season.
Re: Whats The Most Unused Accessory In Your Car. by snipesdam(m): 6:45pm On Jul 21, 2017
greenhulk:

@op, the rear windshield demist button is very useful and I use it a lot. very useful if u have to drive early morning say around 5am when mist ha taken over ur rear window. just turn it on and within a few mins ur rear window would be very clear. Also useful while driving at night during hamattan season.

If your AC is On, it does clear any mist on all glasses. So why use rear demist.

However, there is one thing i have learnt lately. When you drive in the rain and the car has no AC but the fan works. Set the air flow directly to the Front Windscreen and turn the fan to 3 or 4 speed. This does assist to clear mist rather that using a piece of cloth to wipe your windscreen while driving in the rain. Also note that this function is recommend to be used with Air Flow coming from outside. But i recommend using the air circulation in the car, because hot air will be drawn from the vents outside the car close to the engine bar and would cause more mist .
Re: Whats The Most Unused Accessory In Your Car. by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 21, 2017
snipesdam:

If your AC is On, it does clear any mist on all glasses. So why use rear demist.

2 different things. The rear windshield defogger uses the elements on the rear windshield by heating up and drying up any moist build up on the rear. It's very different from using the ac to clear the most. This is very useful when driving early in the morning. Try it. It even works without the ac being on.

(1) (Reply)

Look Here An Automatic Car Parking Service That Can Park Your Vehicle / 2017 Audi SQ7 Vs 2003 Grand Cherokee - Guess Who Won The Tug Of War? / Stay Away From 6 Most Common Driving Habits If You Don't Wanna Get Accidents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.