Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Are Hausa Nicer Than The Yoruba? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are Hausa Nicer Than The Yoruba? (971 Views)

Why Are Hausa And Fulani's Grouped Togheter? / Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings / What Is The Yoruba Word For "Oak Tree" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Hausa Nicer Than The Yoruba? by adekhingz(m): 3:46pm On Jul 20, 2017
For those staying in Lagos, especially in areas like Agege, Ikeja, Iyana-ipaja, Egbeda, Osohodi and co, you must have noticed the massive acquisition of HOUSES by the hausas which they demolish and erect BETTER structures on it. One good part of it is that they almost always provide tap waters in front of their buildings, on[i] FREE SUPPLY. [/i]

But Most of the rich men who are yoruba, in our yoruba-state (Lagos), don't even allow anyone get free access to their house-premises.

Yet we accuse the hausas of ''bereau-de-change'' fraud, yahoo-yahoo, money ritual, self-centredness, e.t.c. WE that na claim to have a ''pure money'', how come we are not spending it on the less-privileged among us
Do you guys think I'm right about my submission?

Re: Are Hausa Nicer Than The Yoruba? by fmlala: 3:47pm On Jul 20, 2017
Anyone could be
Re: Are Hausa Nicer Than The Yoruba? by scholes0(m): 7:32pm On Jul 20, 2017
Wtf! lol
Re: Are Hausa Nicer Than The Yoruba? by coveredchic(f): 1:20pm On Jul 22, 2017
The Hausas are a thousand times better than the Yorubas when it comes to the milk of human kindness. Take this from someone who has lived in both 'worlds'. And wait! Before you crucify me, I have my reasons.
1) If you travel to the north and find yourself trying to locate a destination, you'll find locals willing to help even at their own expense.
2) These people are simple and down to earth. If God blesses just one person in a family, he tries all his best to assist other members of the family, which is usually large.
3) The religion of Islam have also impacted positively. They lead very simple lives and are a contented lot.
If you remove the issue of boko haram, and our filthy politicians/ruling class, the northerners are not bad.

1 Like

Re: Are Hausa Nicer Than The Yoruba? by Afam4eva(m): 6:23pm On Jul 22, 2017
coveredchic:
The Hausas are a thousand times better than the Yorubas when it comes to the milk of human kindness. Take this from someone who has lived in both 'worlds'. And wait! Before you crucify me, I have my reasons.
1) If you travel to the north and find yourself trying to locate a destination, you'll find locals willing to help even at their own expense.
2) These people are simple and down to earth. If God blesses just one person in a family, he tries all his best to assist other members of the family, which is usually large.
3) The religion of Islam have also impacted positively. They lead very simple lives and are a contented lot.
If you remove the issue of boko haram, and our filthy politicians/ruling class, the northerners are not bad.
While i agree with every other thing that you've said, i find it kinda weird that people say things like "If you remove religion and bokoharam or whatever, Hausa people are the nicest". I really don't know how that is supposed to work considering that every group the world over have their good and bad side. It's just like me saying that "Once you remove the love of money, Igbos will be the best people ever". It's their baggage and as much as we shouldn't generalize, the negatives keys into the equation of any groups whether Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba. You can't for instance say that just because the Hausas are so kind and welcoming to strangers, that they're not hostile considering that when the chips are down, violence predominates their territory. I hope you understand where i'm coming from with this.

5 Likes

Re: Are Hausa Nicer Than The Yoruba? by AdeizaPaul: 10:45pm On Jul 22, 2017
coveredchic:

Is that why heir elites siphon all their wealth leaving their masses poor?
Hausaland is one of the most feudal territories in the world today, and there is a very very uneven distribution of wealth, so it beats my imagination why you would even state the bolded.

If Hausas are sooo egalitarian and humanist oriented, why is there such a huge disparity between rich and Poor in a place like kano.
Keep garnishing hausas you hear.

4 Likes

Re: Are Hausa Nicer Than The Yoruba? by BabaRamota1980: 12:20am On Jul 23, 2017
adekhingz:
For those staying in Lagos, especially in areas like Agege, Ikeja, Iyana-ipaja, Egbeda, Osohodi and co, you must have noticed the massive acquisition of HOUSES by the hausas which they demolish and erect BETTER structures on it. One good part of it is that they almost always provide tap waters in front of their buildings, on[i] FREE SUPPLY. [/i]

But Most of the rich men who are yoruba, in our yoruba-state (Lagos), don't even allow anyone get free access to their house-premises.

Yet we accuse the hausas of ''bereau-de-change'' fraud, yahoo-yahoo, money ritual, self-centredness, e.t.c. WE that na claim to have a ''pure money'', how come we are not spending it on the less-privileged among us
Do you guys think I'm right about my submission?

That water you call free is there so you can do ablution. It has religious reason.

2 Likes

Re: Are Hausa Nicer Than The Yoruba? by coveredchic(f): 4:07pm On Jul 23, 2017
AdeizaPaul:

Is that why heir elites siphon all their wealth leaving their masses poor?
Hausaland is one of the most feudal territories in the world today, and there is a very very uneven distribution of wealth, so it beats my imagination why you would even state the bolded.

If Hausas are sooo egalitarian and humanist oriented, why is there such a huge disparity between rich and Poor in a place like kano.
Keep garnishing hausas you hear.
My dear this has absolutely nothing to do with garnishing. My statement above refers to the common man on the street not the elite.
Re: Are Hausa Nicer Than The Yoruba? by adekhingz(m): 1:01pm On Jul 24, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

That water you call free is there so you can do ablution. It has religious reason.

NO NO NO!!! The water is just there for everyone to use. One can barely point a finger at any rich hausa's house in Agege that there is no tap running outside of the building. If you see 100 houses on one street, be rest assured that the whole 100 houses has tap running. shocked
Re: Are Hausa Nicer Than The Yoruba? by JikanBaura(m): 1:40pm On Jul 24, 2017
Hausa are not Boko Haram. The Boko Haram are in North East Nigeria. North eastern tribes are not hausa they, All the Shekau you are seeing in Boko Haram videos are not Hausa Kanuri ,tho they speak hausa . Hausa are in North west Nigeria and some scattered hausa in other parts. North Everybody in North is Hausa plz . Hausa we are not terrorists angry
Re: Are Hausa Nicer Than The Yoruba? by slendxy: 11:00pm On Jul 24, 2017
None is nicer than the other. Niceness depends on perception.
Re: Are Hausa Nicer Than The Yoruba? by Nobody: 2:36am On Jul 25, 2017
JikanBaura:
Hausa are not Boko Haram. The Boko Haram are in North East Nigeria. North eastern tribes are not hausa they, All the Shekau you are seeing in Boko Haram videos are not Hausa Kanuri ,tho they speak hausa . Hausa are in North west Nigeria and some scattered hausa in other parts. North Everybody in North is Hausa plz . Hausa we are not terrorists angry

Lol. Kanuris are northerners. All that matters, at least to me. But maybe you're more of a puritan than I am.

(1) (Reply)

Every Word In Ancient Hebrew Torah Are in Yoruba words; sample GEN 9 ver 21-24 / List Of Top 20 Traditional Rulers Dethroned In Nigerian History / halftribe.com - Promoting The Arts & Culture Of Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.