Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,252 members, 7,839,304 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey - Autos (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey (34419 Views)

Gazzuzz Autos And Part Store. / Gazzuzz Inspected Vehicles (lagos) / ASK GAZZUZZ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey by largenokiachief: 10:03am On Nov 11, 2018
hello GAZZUZZ, i changed the condenser on a 2008 rav 4 with a VDC after i discovered it was blocked after discovering black oil in the system. it was cooling fine and i discovered it by accident. after changing and thorough flushing of the system i recharged with 340 grams of freon. te ac worked perfectly for a while and went into a low pumping mode with somewhat high low side pressures and low high side pessure. i suspect the solenoid id the issue. currently the ac is moody. it works when it feels like working. how can i get a replacement solenoid since i cant convert this externally controlled clutchles compressor to a permanent one as easily as i could have done for an internally cntrolled one. i work in makurdi benue state. i also need a vacuum pump as i have been bleeding air from the system before recharging and this wastes a lot of freon
GAZZUZZ:

I have not updated this thread for 2days because I have been nursing a small burden.

The burden was P0011: P0011 - "A" Camshaft Position - Timing Over-Advanced or System Performance (Bank 1)

This code came up about 30mins into test drive.

Symptoms I was getting

Random multiple misfire (intermittently)

A/C shutting off

High idle speed

Incorrect gear shifts.

And the usual check engine light.

Possible causes of this code include the following.

Incorrect camshaft timing Wiring problems (harness/wiring) in intake timing control valve control solenoid system Continuous oil flow to VCT piston chamber Failed timing valve control solenoid (stuck open)

I also read the toyota TSB for the code which I will try to attach here.

So first thing I did was assume it was a glitch, clear code and go for another test drive.

Code came back roughly 30mins into drive again, and it shut down the compressor with it.

[s]You know the feeling you get after collecting plenty money from an Igbo woman and being unable to deliver cry [/s]

Ok time to trouble shoot.

Starting from easy to hard.

Swapped out the crank position sensor, sadly toyota placed it behind the a/c compressor so I had to discharge refrigerant and take down the radiator and condenser to access the crank shaft properly.

Also replaced the harness because it was looking bad.

Went for a test drive, midway code came back.

Next went to bank1 and swapped out the cam sensor and 2 OCV solenoids, and inspected the OCV filter. OCV filter was clean as a whistle (as expected)

Went for a test drive and same thing angry

Frustrated I abandoned the car and channeled my frustration into other routine jobs that required less reasoning.

This evening 7pm I assembled the bois and told them to take off the intake manifold one more time (it had become a ritual now)

Studied the harness connecting the two OCV solenoids on Bank 1, and I noticed they had been interchanged!! shocked

Well no weekend tips for the bois angry Re-assembled vehicle, went for a test drive, drive was smooth and code never came back after about 50miles of driving.

Replaced the abs sensor and wheel bearings in front.

Sorry no pics for now, was not in a happy mood to take pics tongue

We are moving to aesthetics now so there will be lots of pictures.

For now powertrain, suspension air conditioning are good to go.

Re: When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:07am On Nov 11, 2018
largenokiachief:
hello GAZZUZZ, i changed the condenser on a 2008 rav 4 with a VDC after i discovered it was blocked after discovering black oil in the system. it was cooling fine and i discovered it by accident. after changing and thorough flushing of the system i recharged with 340 grams of freon. te ac worked perfectly for a while and went into a low pumping mode with somewhat high low side pressures and low high side pessure. i suspect the solenoid id the issue. currently the ac is moody. it works when it feels like working. how can i get a replacement solenoid since i cant convert this externally controlled clutchles compressor to a permanent one as easily as i could have done for an internally cntrolled one. i work in makurdi benue state

Check the system again. Black death has taken over again
Re: When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey by OgaKazeem(m): 10:22am On Nov 11, 2018
largenokiachief:
hello GAZZUZZ, i changed the condenser on a 2008 rav 4 with a VDC after i discovered it was blocked after discovering black oil in the system. it was cooling fine and i discovered it by accident. after changing and thorough flushing of the system i recharged with 340 grams of freon. te ac worked perfectly for a while and went into a low pumping mode with somewhat high low side pressures and low high side pessure. i suspect the solenoid id the issue. currently the ac is moody. it works when it feels like working. how can i get a replacement solenoid since i cant convert this externally controlled clutchles compressor to a permanent one as easily as i could have done for an internally cntrolled one. i work in makurdi benue state. i also need a vacuum pump as i have been bleeding air from the system before recharging and this wastes a lot of freon

either your compressor (check valves within the compressor) or expansion valve (which is stuck open) might be defective.
when you changed the condenser did you change the expansion valve and drier?
Re: When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey by OgaKazeem(m): 10:23am On Nov 11, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Check the system again. Black death has taken over again

i never knew death comes in different shapes and shades o hehehe
Re: When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey by jimts(m): 2:03am On Nov 12, 2018
Cheeiii! I can't believe this thrilling episode is a wrap again.
Oga GAZZUZ, biko I want to learn this car thing all over.
I no know jack!!!

I'd love to be your apprentice Sir wink
Re: When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey by lighthousearc: 4:06am On Jan 20, 2019
Hi Gazzuzz, i drive an RX350 2010 model though it was upgraded to 2014 bumper and kits, i went to diagnose my car and it says the Steering Angle Sensor is faulty. The AFS and AWD indicator lights are on. Whats the function of a Steering Angle Sensor and what's the estimate to get it fixed.

Thanks
Re: When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:05am On Jan 20, 2019
lighthousearc:
Hi Gazzuzz, i drive an RX350 2010 model though it was upgraded to 2014 bumper and kits, i went to diagnose my car and it says the Steering Angle Sensor is faulty. The AFS and AWD indicator lights are on. Whats the function of a Steering Angle Sensor and what's the estimate to get it fixed.

Thanks

the steering angle sensor is one of the components that makes up the Vehicle stability system. It measures the variations (in degrees) the steering makes. It is usually located under the steering wheel. It has no mechanical parts, so it seldom goes bad. What goes bad usually is the clock spring which is also attached to the steering angle sensor. Now this is my guess. The clock spring was replaced because of a loss of function on the steering (horn, buttons) when that was done it was not replaced with the exact part number that was removed, this changed caused the VSC system to see a Foreign part that it could not communicate with (the new steering angle sensor attached to the clock spring) this is an assumption. Pls respond by checking the part number of the clock spring

Re: When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey by lighthousearc: 10:33am On Jan 21, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

the steering angle sensor is one of the components that makes up the Vehicle stability system. It measures the variations (in degrees) the steering makes. It is usually located under the steering wheel. It has no mechanical parts, so it seldom goes bad. What goes bad usually is the clock spring which is also attached to the steering angle sensor. Now this is my guess. The clock spring was replaced because of a loss of function on the steering (horn, buttons) when that was done it was not replaced with the exact part number that was removed, this changed caused the VSC system to see a Foreign part that it could not communicate with (the new steering angle sensor attached to the clock spring) this is an assumption. Pls respond by checking the part number of the clock spring
i will do that. thank you.
Re: When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey by lighthousearc: 6:50pm On Jan 22, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

where's your office address and contact?
Re: When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey by selfmadeOLX(m): 7:45pm On Nov 01, 2020
Is this vehicle for sale now? angry
Re: When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey by Gazuzz(m): 9:04am On Nov 10, 2020

Find a trusted expert, save time, have an ease of mind , guaranteed service

Re: When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey by showafrica(m): 9:31am On Nov 10, 2020
GAZZUZZ:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5706708_img20170724152641_jpeg2a46a72b1bee74e93edca22ff4a11890

just realized that one cow in my workshop forgot to leave the valves on the equipment open.

There's a leak and it's a fast one.

Switching to sniffers.

Cows are found mostly in the north and Abuja.. Have they reach your side? I dont believe it. In lagos, cows go into extinction easily, i believe it was a mistake, he will learn not to make such mistakes soon. Up Gazzuz group.
Re: When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey by Gazuzz(m): 10:28am On Nov 11, 2020

Save time and effort with Affordable reviewed professional handyman service

1 Like

Re: When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey by selfmadeOLX(m): 10:39pm On Nov 11, 2020
When will this vehicle be for sale oo
Re: When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey by Gazuzz(m): 12:03pm On Nov 12, 2020
have an ease of mind
Re: When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey by Gazuzz(m): 1:36pm On Nov 13, 2020

Affordable reviewed professional handyman service

Re: When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey by Gazuzz(m): 10:13am On Nov 16, 2020
Save time and effort
Re: When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey by Gazuzz(m): 11:57am On Nov 17, 2020
Trusted expert
Re: When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey by Gazuzz(m): 10:24am On Nov 18, 2020

Don't want to miss

Re: When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey by Gazuzz(m): 11:50am On Nov 19, 2020

Affordable reviewed professional handyman service

Re: When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey by Gazuzz(m): 10:20am On Nov 20, 2020
Give us a try
Re: When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey by 2cribz: 8:01pm On Nov 20, 2020
Na to just sell am,
bfire:
It uses a 2GR engine .

What you need to know is if yours is
Oil cooler type or non oil cooler type.

Highlander from 09 to '13 is a direct fit
Sienna 07 to '10 is a direct fit
Venza 09 to 11 is a direct fit

The above is if your engine is a oil cooler type

If not oil cooler type, the following should fit:

Rav4 V6 3.5L from 06
Avalon 3.5L from 05
Highlander 3.5L from 08
Sienna 3.5L from 07

If the car was damaged by flood,
Buy both engine and gear
Re: When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey by Gazuzz(m): 2:07pm On Nov 24, 2020
He always delivers
Re: When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey by Gazuzz(m): 10:08am On Dec 02, 2020
Memories
Re: When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey by Gazuzz(m): 3:41pm On Dec 14, 2020
Was a lovely job
Re: When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey by Mayokade01: 5:04pm On Feb 14, 2022
Gazuzz:
Was a lovely job
This is me going through this thread in 2022 and I still find it intriguing. Was a wonderful read.
Re: When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey by FirstSon01: 1:20am On Feb 15, 2022
Spent a few hours going through this thread in detail, now it's my favorite in car section smiley
Re: When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey by Joeswift: 10:19am On Mar 24, 2022
Please I notice my Honda civic 2009 gear oil was empty. I checked and see it was leaking, what's the best gear oil I can use ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

CarGuideNG Provides Quick Comprehensive & Premium VIN Reports!! / Honda CR-V 1999 Vs KIA Cerato 2011, Which Should He Buy? (pics) / Accidented Cars For Auction In USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.