Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,165 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

The Fiqh Of Menstruation Part 1 - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Fiqh Of Menstruation Part 1 (12098 Views)

On Fiqh Of Menstruation (menstral & Non-menstral Blood) / Fiqh Of Menstruation 3 / Fiqh Of Menstruation 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fiqh Of Menstruation Part 1 by Lukgaf(m): 9:28am On Jul 21, 2017
Fiqh of Menstruation (1 of 4)

Alhamdulillah wasolatu wasalaam ‘ala rosulillah

Menstrual blood is thick-dark blood and it has unpleasant odour different from ordinary blood familiar to women. It is accompanied by pains or cramps, headache sometimes. Many women undergo pains during the period, it is pity and saddened heart to hear that some cultures or religions on earth still maltreat menstruating woman in this condition.

In some villages in Western Nepal for example, women during menstrual period sleep in a small hut or shed out of a fear they will contaminate the home or draw anger of the Hindu gods on them if menstruating women remain indoors. Their believe is that many people in the part of the country (Nepal) like family members or livestock will get sick, or even die, if a menstruating woman doesn’t stick to the rules. On November 18th 2016, 26-year-old Dambara Upadhyay, died in the hut, among others in the history. To them be their religion, and to us (Muslim) be our religion. Islam justly gives women rights; establishes respect and honor for them in all circumstances. It is only those who don’t understand religion of Islam or those who follow their whims that abuse or maltreat woman.

‘Aisha (Peace be upon her) narrates that, “We set out with the sole intention of performing Hajj and when we reached Sarif, my menses began. The Messenger of Allah sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam came to me while I was crying and asked, ‘What is the matter with you? Has your menses started?’ I replied, ‘Yes.’ He said, This is something which Allah has destined for the daughter of Adam.So do what all the pilgrims do with the exception of the Taw-af (Circumambulation) round the Ka’ba.” ‘Aisha added, “Allah’s Apostle sacrificed cows on behalf of his wives. Al-Bukhaari 293, Al-Hakim.

Narrated ‘Aisha (Peace be upon her): While in menses, I used to comb the hair of Allah’s Apostle. Al-Bukhaari 294. Narrated ‘Aisha (Peace be upon her): The Prophet used to lean on my lap and recite Quran while I was in menses. Al-Bukhaari 296 etc. This is our religion (Islam).

In Risaalah fi’l-Dima’ al-Tabee’iyyah li’l-Nisa’ by Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) the most important rulings that have to do with menses in women mentioned are that in during menstrual period Salat (Prayer) is not allowed, Fasting is not allowed, Tawaaf (circumambulating) around the Ka’bah is not allowed, Tawaaf al-wadaa’ (the farewell tawaaf) is waived in her case etc.

To be cont…Inshaa Allah

May Allah grant us understanding of His religion and accept it as an act of ‘ibadah

FIQH CLASS

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fiqh Of Menstruation Part 1 by iamgenius(m): 9:58am On Jul 21, 2017
Lukgaf:

Menstrual blood is thick-dark blood and it has unpleasant odour different from ordinary blood familiar to women. It is accompanied by pains or cramps, headache sometimes. Many women undergo pains during the period, it is pity and saddened heart to hear that some cultures or religions on earth still maltreat menstruating woman in this condition.

In some villages in Western Nepal for example, women during menstrual period sleep in a small hut or shed out of a fear they will contaminate the home or draw anger of the Hindu gods on them if menstruating women remain indoors. Their believe is that many people in the part of the country (Nepal) like family members or livestock will get sick, or even die, if a menstruating woman doesn’t stick to the rules. On November 18th 2016, 26-year-old Dambara Upadhyay, died in the hut, among others in the history. To them be their religion, and to us (Muslim) be our religion. Islam justly gives women rights; establishes respect and honor for them in all circumstances. It is only those who don’t understand religion of Islam or those who follow their whims that abuse or maltreat woman.

‘Aisha (Peace be upon her) narrates that, “We set out with the sole intention of performing Hajj and when we reached Sarif, my menses began. The Messenger of Allah sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam came to me while I was crying and asked, ‘What is the matter with you? Has your menses started?’ I replied, ‘Yes.’ He said, This is something which Allah has destined for the daughter of Adam.So do what all the pilgrims do with the exception of the Taw-af (Circumambulation) round the Ka’ba.” ‘Aisha added, “Allah’s Apostle sacrificed cows on behalf of his wives. Al-Bukhaari 293, Al-Hakim.

Narrated ‘Aisha (Peace be upon her): While in menses, I used to comb the hair of Allah’s Apostle. Al-Bukhaari 294. Narrated ‘Aisha (Peace be upon her): The Prophet used to lean on my lap and recite Quran while I was in menses. Al-Bukhaari 296 etc. This is our religion (Islam).

In Risaalah fi’l-Dima’ al-Tabee’iyyah li’l-Nisa’ by Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) the most important rulings that have to do with menses in women mentioned are that in during menstrual period Salat (Prayer) is not allowed, Fasting is not allowed, Tawaaf (circumambulating) around the Ka’bah is not allowed, Tawaaf al-wadaa’ (the farewell tawaaf) is waived in her case etc.

To be cont…Inshaa Allah

May Allah grant us understanding of His religion and accept it as an act of ‘ibadah

FIQH CLASS
Baaraka Llaahu Fiika, May Allah increase you in knowledge.

3 Likes

Re: The Fiqh Of Menstruation Part 1 by shams040(m): 11:19am On Jul 21, 2017
jazakumullahukhairan
Re: The Fiqh Of Menstruation Part 1 by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 21, 2017
Ameen
Re: The Fiqh Of Menstruation Part 1 by Angelb4: 11:20am On Jul 21, 2017
Why asking whether a Muslim or not? Can't I have a knowledge of another religion?

7 Likes

Re: The Fiqh Of Menstruation Part 1 by sallyopy(f): 11:27am On Jul 21, 2017
May Allah reward you for sharing. Jazzakumllahu kairan.
Re: The Fiqh Of Menstruation Part 1 by Ennyhollar(f): 11:32am On Jul 21, 2017
Jazakumullahukhairan
Re: The Fiqh Of Menstruation Part 1 by ThatFairGuy: 11:33am On Jul 21, 2017
Aameen!
Jazzakumullahu khayran....
Lukgaf:

To be cont…Inshaa Allah

FIQH CLASS
Re: The Fiqh Of Menstruation Part 1 by carinmom(f): 11:43am On Jul 21, 2017
Jazakallah bikhayr
Re: The Fiqh Of Menstruation Part 1 by mutaalim(m): 12:21pm On Jul 21, 2017
جزاك الله خيرا what is the jurisdiction on them by ?reading the Holy Quran ؟
Re: The Fiqh Of Menstruation Part 1 by hian(f): 1:50pm On Jul 21, 2017
Really confusing area that needs to be taught clearly. Jazakallah OP
Re: The Fiqh Of Menstruation Part 1 by Ekunsticated(m): 3:34pm On Jul 21, 2017
Jazakumlahu kairan.... Nice one
Re: The Fiqh Of Menstruation Part 1 by almujahidy: 4:06pm On Jul 21, 2017
Re: The Fiqh Of Menstruation Part 1 by almujahidy: 4:08pm On Jul 21, 2017
جزاك الله خيرا what is the jurisdiction on them by ?reading the Holy Quran ؟[/It is permissible for them to recite the Qur'aan off hand during menses but prohibited for them to touch the Qur'aan at that period]
Re: The Fiqh Of Menstruation Part 1 by Antina(f): 4:16pm On Jul 21, 2017
Good one!
Re: The Fiqh Of Menstruation Part 1 by Tayo114: 5:11pm On Jul 21, 2017
well said
Re: The Fiqh Of Menstruation Part 1 by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 21, 2017
almujahidy:
جزاك الله خيرا what is the jurisdiction on them by ?reading the Holy Quran ؟[/It is permissible for them to recite the Qur'aan off hand during menses but prohibited for them to touch the Qur'aan at that period]

Shaykh muqbil rahimahullaah already answered your question here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd3PWNx8xqY

1 Like

Re: The Fiqh Of Menstruation Part 1 by Lukgaf(m): 7:17am On Jul 22, 2017
mutaalim:
`

would be address im the remaining part inshaAllah

(1) (Reply)

Kofi Anan Quoting From Nahjul-balagha In Praise Of Imam Ali's (as) Leadership / Reason Why Allah (SWT) Create Mankind In Different Tribes And Colors / Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.