Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Benue Bans Men From Spending More Than N100, 000 On Traditional Marriage - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Benue Bans Men From Spending More Than N100, 000 On Traditional Marriage (25261 Views)

Traditional Marriage Rites Ceremony Of Umudioka Town, Dunukofia Lga Of Anambra S / Idoma Community Bans Men From Spending More Than N100k on Traditional Marriage / Emir Sanusi Wants To Stop Poor Men From Marrying More Than One Wife (2) (3) (4)

Re: Benue Bans Men From Spending More Than N100, 000 On Traditional Marriage by ausproxi(m): 4:55pm On Jul 21, 2017
Seriously This is great!
Re: Benue Bans Men From Spending More Than N100, 000 On Traditional Marriage by sandrahnaub(f): 4:55pm On Jul 21, 2017
IMO state government can not even try that one

Otherwise....

Lemme just kip qwayet

Re: Benue Bans Men From Spending More Than N100, 000 On Traditional Marriage by opius: 4:56pm On Jul 21, 2017
nextprince:
Which kind law be dis?

As if u have money to throw a lavish Wed.

Re: Benue Bans Men From Spending More Than N100, 000 On Traditional Marriage by magoo10(m): 4:57pm On Jul 21, 2017
Onyesblog:
Early We Heard That The Federal Government Offered The indigenous People Of Biafra Leader ,Nnamdi Kanu Biafra While In Prison Without Rivers and Benue ,Which He Rejected, Today He Was Seen In Rivers With A Strong Message Of Restoration, He Said That Biafra Must Have their Independent.

Source: http://onyesblog..com.ng/2017/07/nnamdi-kanu-visit-rivers-with-strong.html?m=1
Some haters are already pissing in their pants they can hate and jealous but they cannot stop the train .
All hail Biafra
Re: Benue Bans Men From Spending More Than N100, 000 On Traditional Marriage by labake1(f): 4:57pm On Jul 21, 2017

Re: Benue Bans Men From Spending More Than N100, 000 On Traditional Marriage by Olabestonic001(m): 4:57pm On Jul 21, 2017
2sa2:
Welcome development.
Men are scared to marry nowadays because they can't even afford high cost of wedding ceremonies. Let's hope our eastern brothers can follow sway, those ones do charge for wedding as if they are selling their children.

Not all of them! If your wife is from Anambra, Nnewi axis, you'll see that they're wonderful in-laws.
Re: Benue Bans Men From Spending More Than N100, 000 On Traditional Marriage by Klington: 4:59pm On Jul 21, 2017
Lemme beam my search light on benue gals now that they have considered the hardship brought by this evil party apc

Re: Benue Bans Men From Spending More Than N100, 000 On Traditional Marriage by banme1(m): 5:00pm On Jul 21, 2017
tell Abahi I am coming for u
Re: Benue Bans Men From Spending More Than N100, 000 On Traditional Marriage by bukas15(m): 5:00pm On Jul 21, 2017
owukpa:
You just did copy and paste and expecting to make front page... better credit Daily Post
enemy of progress. It made fp
Re: Benue Bans Men From Spending More Than N100, 000 On Traditional Marriage by Ekiseme(m): 5:00pm On Jul 21, 2017
Nice one
Re: Benue Bans Men From Spending More Than N100, 000 On Traditional Marriage by Aragon: 5:00pm On Jul 21, 2017
nextprince:
Which kind law be dis?

A progressive LAW to show not just Nigerians but the entire world that Marriages should never be about Material things or buying and selling but actually about two people that actually care about themselves because they still have to live their lives life after the marriage

Re: Benue Bans Men From Spending More Than N100, 000 On Traditional Marriage by adetayo234: 5:01pm On Jul 21, 2017
2sa2:
Welcome development.
Men are scared to marry nowadays because they can't even afford high cost of wedding ceremonies. Let's hope our eastern brothers can follow sway, those ones do charge for wedding as if they are selling their children.

If igbo parents don't sell their daughters at high cost, how will they survive and pay off their accumulated debts? Don't forget that many of them already plan to get rich the moment any man asks for their daughters' hands in marriage. They will want to buy everything they have never been able to buy all their lives.

Re: Benue Bans Men From Spending More Than N100, 000 On Traditional Marriage by horlakunle25(m): 5:03pm On Jul 21, 2017
Shortyy:
What if someone decides to marry an IMO girl? What will he do?
chai! To marry an imo girl!! Someone need to do money ritual first.
Re: Benue Bans Men From Spending More Than N100, 000 On Traditional Marriage by horlakunle25(m): 5:05pm On Jul 21, 2017
Am off to benue!! Dis year my marital statues must change!!

Re: Benue Bans Men From Spending More Than N100, 000 On Traditional Marriage by Sodijan(m): 5:06pm On Jul 21, 2017
Dis can nt wk in SS & SE
Re: Benue Bans Men From Spending More Than N100, 000 On Traditional Marriage by mustafa006: 5:06pm On Jul 21, 2017
The slay ashawos will not like thos
Re: Benue Bans Men From Spending More Than N100, 000 On Traditional Marriage by dacovajnr: 5:06pm On Jul 21, 2017
DabLord:
100,000 just to marry oo.Is she an angel..
Is she a virgin..If her parent no fi give me for pipty thousand,wahali me i no dey do
Haa! Poverty yaff almost finished you!

Re: Benue Bans Men From Spending More Than N100, 000 On Traditional Marriage by Samabu07(m): 5:10pm On Jul 21, 2017
Oche211:
Bride price in benue state is very cheap nd traditional marriage is relatively simple.
I guess some family are just hungry. That's it.
Oche I want to believe you are from Benue as your name implies however bride price in Otukpa is way out of it. If one is not careful you will never spend less than 600k to marry a lady from that district.
Little wonder their men go to other Idoma land cos price is relatively cheap compared to theirs.

Button line the law if implemented oooo would be a relief to many folks.

Re: Benue Bans Men From Spending More Than N100, 000 On Traditional Marriage by rossyc(f): 5:11pm On Jul 21, 2017
Is he in their pockets? nawao
Re: Benue Bans Men From Spending More Than N100, 000 On Traditional Marriage by MisterKings(m): 5:12pm On Jul 21, 2017
2sa2:
Welcome development.

As in eh. I am ibo o. And there is nothing i hate more than these outrageous payments like i won marry the whole family i kuku no won marry ibo. But this bride price thing should be implemented throughout the country. Unless the ladies are ready to stay single forever

Re: Benue Bans Men From Spending More Than N100, 000 On Traditional Marriage by nextprince: 5:14pm On Jul 21, 2017
Aragon:

A progressive LAW to show not just Nigerians but the entire world that Marriages should never be about Material things or buying and selling but actually about two people that actually care about themselves because they still have to live their lives life after the marriage

Just imagine a person like 2face is not yet married, how do you enforce this law on him?
Re: Benue Bans Men From Spending More Than N100, 000 On Traditional Marriage by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 21, 2017
seXytOhbAd:
Intelligent group of people saving their people from unwanted agony. Unlike a group of people known for resorting to kidnapping,drug pushing, armed robbery and fake medicine production,this group has realised that marriage is a long term investment in the future, and everyone starts out humbly.

Note: I didn't mention any names,so don't let your conscience disturb you please
Dry as fvck, if you want to be funny, at least make genuine effort

Re: Benue Bans Men From Spending More Than N100, 000 On Traditional Marriage by thanknairaland1: 5:18pm On Jul 21, 2017
#fantastically fantastic#
traditional marriage in Benue loading..........

Re: Benue Bans Men From Spending More Than N100, 000 On Traditional Marriage by SmartMugu: 5:18pm On Jul 21, 2017
See levels, dem wan force boys to marry by force by fire.
Re: Benue Bans Men From Spending More Than N100, 000 On Traditional Marriage by kaywhy09(m): 5:21pm On Jul 21, 2017
shocked Can someone help me with how I can get to Benue pls. I finally have the chance to marry this year. cheesy

Re: Benue Bans Men From Spending More Than N100, 000 On Traditional Marriage by free2ryhme: 5:25pm On Jul 21, 2017
Slai1:
Good move.

Revolution has kick-started.

Enough is enough!

Revolution for marriage

Abeg, talk better thing
Re: Benue Bans Men From Spending More Than N100, 000 On Traditional Marriage by PDPGuy: 5:25pm On Jul 21, 2017
EmekaBlue:
women should b free...infact d husband should be paid groom price, for taking in ur problem and buying in new family problems from u. If u dont understand what i mean,marry a wife xpecially from poor home and watch how u train her siblings financially thru sch e.t.c e.t.c
Mekus, you're on point. I sure as hell won't marry any lady who ain't working class/owns her business. That way, I know even if her siblings need financial support, both of us or herself would be able to cater for them.

I am not going to train her 4 siblings because I don't resemble Father Christmas cheesy

Re: Benue Bans Men From Spending More Than N100, 000 On Traditional Marriage by Prestige16(m): 5:26pm On Jul 21, 2017
This can only happen in India
EmekaBlue:
women should b free...infact d husband should be paid groom price, for taking in ur problem and buying in new family problems from u. If u dont understand what i mean,marry a wife xpecially from poor home and watch how u train her siblings financially thru sch e.t.c e.t.c
Re: Benue Bans Men From Spending More Than N100, 000 On Traditional Marriage by room089: 5:26pm On Jul 21, 2017
Imo state should follow suit!
Re: Benue Bans Men From Spending More Than N100, 000 On Traditional Marriage by MadCow1: 5:26pm On Jul 21, 2017
No Man born of a Woman will dare present 100'k as Traditional Marriage Budget for my Daughter. angry angry

Is that wan compensation for pain and suffering or money we paid the lesson teacher for extra classes? angry

Shege!

Re: Benue Bans Men From Spending More Than N100, 000 On Traditional Marriage by nightbanger(m): 5:27pm On Jul 21, 2017
teelaw4life:
I'm Off to Benue to propose to my girlfriend...

OH SHIIT!! OH SHIIIT!!! MAY DAY!!!

Be like say her head no gree marriage. Maybe if they further reduce it to like 30,000. grin grin grin

my grandma is available for free.
Re: Benue Bans Men From Spending More Than N100, 000 On Traditional Marriage by Prestige16(m): 5:27pm On Jul 21, 2017
Write English please
Cholls:
my brother I pray enacted in my state that makes the woman I choose to marry give to N1,000,000 before I pay her bride price...Amen!

Enitan Ogunwusi, Ooni Of Ife Cuts 3 Cakes At 44th Birthday (PHOTO) / Eke, Orie, Afor, Nkwo / Akure Monarch Replaces Eze Ndigbo With Asiwaju Igbo

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50