Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,097 members, 7,814,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

How Good Is The Honda Ridgeline - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Good Is The Honda Ridgeline (3187 Views)

The Honda Place Abuja Bills Man N15million To Fix A N4million Honda Civic Coupe / 15 Fun Facts About The Honda Accord / Honda Preparing To Bring Back The Honda Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Good Is The Honda Ridgeline by coolcatty: 9:13am On Jul 22, 2017
Please I need advice as I intend buying the Honda ridgeline truck to aide in my construction business.

I own a construction company and do a lot of site visitation and inspections hence the need for me to get a truck.

Kindly help me select between the ridgeline and Ford ranger as regards ruggedness, durability and maintenance.
Re: How Good Is The Honda Ridgeline by diportivo: 9:31am On Jul 22, 2017
coolcatty:
Please I need advice as I intend buying the Honda ridgeline truck to aide in my construction business.

I own a construction company and do a lot of site visitation and inspections hence the need for me to get a truck.

Kindly help me select between the ridgeline and Ford ranger as regards ruggedness, durability and maintenance.

Ford ranger bro

since its for construction purposes
Re: How Good Is The Honda Ridgeline by EkoErrands: 10:03am On Jul 22, 2017
coolcatty:

My ford explorer sport Trac...4X4 can do that job for you....and its cheaper than ranger.

Google Ford explorer sport Trac. Its a ranger with a stiffened chassis.... Means it can take more beatings than a ranger

1 Share

Re: How Good Is The Honda Ridgeline by kingreign(m): 11:03am On Jul 22, 2017
Go for Hilux 2.7l petrol 4x4 Middle East specs or do Tacoma 4.0l V6 4x4. These are well proven thoroughbred construction work camels horses.

You could also do Mitsubishi L200 4x4 truck it's also good but doesn't come close to the Hilux or Tacoma .

Last choice you could do is Ford Explorer Sporttrac 4.0l 4x4.

Insist on Dual cabins for maximum passenger carriage too.

2 Likes

Re: How Good Is The Honda Ridgeline by coolcatty: 1:50pm On Jul 22, 2017
kingreign:
Go for Hilux 2.7l petrol 4x4 Middle East specs or do Tacoma 4.0l V6 4x4. These are well proven thoroughbred construction work camels horses.

You could also do Mitsubishi L200 4x4 truck it's also good but doesn't come close to the Hilux or Tacoma .

Last choice you could do is Ford Explorer Sporttrac 4.0l 4x4.

Insist on Dual cabins for maximum passenger carriage too.

These cars are way ways above my budget bro hence the reason I settled for ridgeline and ranger
Re: How Good Is The Honda Ridgeline by coolcatty: 1:51pm On Jul 22, 2017
EkoErrands:

My ford explorer sport Trac...4X4 can do that job for you....and its cheaper than ranger.

Google Ford explorer sport Trac. Its a ranger with a stiffened chassis.... Means it can take more beatings than a ranger

More pictures bro
Re: How Good Is The Honda Ridgeline by coolcatty: 1:51pm On Jul 22, 2017
diportivo:

Ford ranger bro

since its for construction purposes

Thanks chief
Re: How Good Is The Honda Ridgeline by Jasmine360(f): 11:11pm On Jul 22, 2017
DON'T BUY HONDA OR REGRET WILL BE YOUR CHOICE
Re: How Good Is The Honda Ridgeline by nams77: 11:35pm On Jul 22, 2017
Jasmine360:
This is the kind of post that irks me. No reason, concrete proof or hard empirical evidence, just an open end statement. Smh

3 Likes

Re: How Good Is The Honda Ridgeline by kingreign(m): 11:41pm On Jul 22, 2017
Dear Jasmine, pls, to save yourself such online embarrassing statements, keep hush if you know nothing about what's discussed.
Thanks, happy weekend!

Jasmine360:

3 Likes

Re: How Good Is The Honda Ridgeline by Nobody: 4:56am On Jul 23, 2017
nams77:

This is the kind of post that irks me. No reason, concrete proof or hard empirical evidence, just an open end statement. Smh

Why?

I'm sure she's speaking from her own experience and doesn't owe us any explanations.
Re: How Good Is The Honda Ridgeline by Nobody: 4:57am On Jul 23, 2017
coolcatty:

Do you want to continue to be in the construction business or do you want to add auto repair business to it?

I'm guessing not. So you'll save your shillings till you can afford a good Toyota Tacoma 4WD.
Re: How Good Is The Honda Ridgeline by nams77: 6:39am On Jul 23, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Why?

I'm sure she's speaking from her own experience and doesn't owe us any explanations.
Oga, i hail. At the least, her reason should have been a little bit more insightful;Telling us about actual experiences and scenario she encountered. That would have been more helpful than a vague statement. I hope I didn't come down to hard on the lady grin

2 Likes

Re: How Good Is The Honda Ridgeline by Nobody: 7:03am On Jul 23, 2017
nams77:

Oga, i hail. At the least, her reason should have been a little bit more insightful;Telling us about actual experiences and scenario she encountered. That would have been more helpful than a vague statement. I hope I didn't come down to hard on the lady grin

I'm sure she'll be okay.

I just responded because I get accused of the same thing on here sometimes. I'm not always in the mood to be verbose grin

Shey rain no dey your side?

1 Like

Re: How Good Is The Honda Ridgeline by obekediamondfuto(m): 2:34pm On Jul 23, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: How Good Is The Honda Ridgeline by coolcatty: 8:01pm On Jul 23, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Do you want to continue to be in the construction business or do you want to add auto repair business to it?

I'm guessing not. So you'll save your shillings till you can afford a good Toyota Tacoma 4WD.

It's my main line of business now.... I like the Honda ridgeline because it's luxurious and 4wd too.... I honestly don't like the Toyota Tacoma and tundra..... Instead lemme go for the Ford ranger.

Thanks for ur time chief.

Jasmine360:

Pls enlighten me.... Have u or do u know anyone that owns or have owned the ridgeline?
Re: How Good Is The Honda Ridgeline by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 23, 2017
coolcatty:

It's my main line of business now.... I like the Honda ridgeline because it's luxurious and 4wd too.... I honestly don't like the Toyota Tacoma and tundra..... Instead lemme go for the Ford ranger.

Thanks for ur time chief.

Pls enlighten me.... Have u or do u know anyone that owns or have owned the ridgeline?

You didn't get my gist.

Anyways, the Ridgeline is not 4WD, it's primarily FWD with an on demand AWD. No real off roader will consider the Ridgeline for any serious off road work.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: How Good Is The Honda Ridgeline by oblo(m): 8:23pm On Jul 23, 2017
Oga OP as Egbon Mogaji has said... And I repeat.. No real offroader will consider a Ridgeline. And considering your line of work.. You would do better with a Tacoma, hilux or ranger like you said.

Go with the majority on this one and trust me you would not regret it. Enough said.

3 Likes

Re: How Good Is The Honda Ridgeline by diportivo: 10:43pm On Jul 23, 2017
the person that wants to buy has said either the Honda or the

he has done his surveys and has come up with those 2

i wld av suggested the pijo 404 sef grin

op.....ford ranger it is

4 Likes

Re: How Good Is The Honda Ridgeline by adanny01(m): 12:21am On Jul 24, 2017
Person talk say im no fit afford Tacoma but people they insist its the best.

Hmmm, Tacoma. My friend somersoulted with his 3 different times. The car has serious overturning issues.

Secondly, its engine alone will buy a fairly used Ridgeline. The engine is like pampers, use once and dispose. Rebuiilding it is a waste of resources.

The car is too long for city driving.

Yes its a better off roader but op didnt say he was going off road. He needs a vehicle with a large open trunk to carry buiding materials.

6 Likes

Re: How Good Is The Honda Ridgeline by adanny01(m): 12:25am On Jul 24, 2017
EgunMogaji:

You didn't get my gist.

Anyways, the Ridgeline is not 4WD, it's primarily FWD with an on demand AWD. No real off roader will consider the Ridgeline for any serious off road work.

Good luck.

Even the Tacoma is not 4wd but on demand AWD. Besides, op didnt ask for off road car. He needs to carry construction materials.
Re: How Good Is The Honda Ridgeline by adanny01(m): 12:40am On Jul 24, 2017
Op, i think you have been realistic with your budget and choice except for the ranger. I would go for either the Ridgeline or Ford explorer sport trac like suggested by EkoErrands.

Mind you, parts for Ford are a little more expensive and not as available as Honda.
Re: How Good Is The Honda Ridgeline by valarinz: 9:08pm On Jul 24, 2017
kingreign:
Dear Jasmine, pls, to save yourself such online embarrassing statements, keep hush if you know nothing about what's discussed.
Thanks, happy weekend!

Wonders they say shall never seize, so you also do this when your favorite brand has been badmouthed, but when valarinz defends Volvo it's a crime,

1 Like

Re: How Good Is The Honda Ridgeline by kingreign(m): 9:13pm On Jul 24, 2017
Keep tracking me and getting yourself worked up unnecessarily; But while you're at it, I dey catch my fun.

valarinz:

Wonders they say shall never seize, so you also do this when your favorite brand has been badmouthed, but when valarinz defends Volvo it's a crime,

(1) (Reply)

How Efficient Rugged And Reliable Camry 2002 (big Daddy) V6 Engine Is? / How Effective Is This Product [mobil Positive Power] / Recommended Oil In RX 330

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.