Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Check Out World's First Sky Train - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Check Out World's First Sky Train (695 Views)

World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 / Pictures Of Rain From The Sky / Breaking News: China Roll Out Its First Sky Train To Developed Her Technology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Out World's First Sky Train by Danny287(m): 5:05pm On Jul 22, 2017
Transport takes to the skies with world's first
battery-powered suspension railway All aboard, the sky train is on its way! The world’s first electric suspension railway has been set up in preparation for a trial run along an experimental rail line in southwest China’s Chengdu, and promises great views across the city.

The line, with a planned length of 1.25 kilometers, will test how the train performs when faced with climbs and bends. The train can travel at speeds of up to 60 km/h, and each carriage can potentially hold 120 passengers. Suspension railways date back almost 200 years, with cities like Memphis, Dortmund and Chiba all home to suspended monorail systems.

However, China's panda-shaped design will be the first lithium battery-charged suspension train in the world, and will have an estimated cruise time ranging from 2 to 4 hours per charge. With congested traffic an increasingly serious urban malaise, China has stepped up its efforts in seeking public transportation alternatives.

One of the most creative designs which recently made waves when it was unveiled in east China’s Qinhuangdao city in August was the transit elevated bus that can travel above traffic.

But do innovative projects like the suspension
railway and the transit elevated bus hold the
keys to the future of transport in cities?

cc
Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy, Seun

https://news.cgtn.com
Re: Check Out World's First Sky Train by Danny287(m): 5:11pm On Jul 22, 2017
Images

Re: Check Out World's First Sky Train by Danny287(m): 5:13pm On Jul 22, 2017
more

Re: Check Out World's First Sky Train by Danny287(m): 5:15pm On Jul 22, 2017
just launched check out the interior

Re: Check Out World's First Sky Train by princefunmmy(m): 5:16pm On Jul 22, 2017
Re: Check Out World's First Sky Train by Sijo01(f): 5:19pm On Jul 22, 2017
Before opening the thread, I knew it's gonna be China. I'm glad I wasn't disappointed. Those folks are just too technologically advanced.
Re: Check Out World's First Sky Train by Danny287(m): 5:20pm On Jul 22, 2017
More... what do you think about this? It pains me to see development like this and still see Nigeria crawling in terms of Infrastructure, Technology etc

Re: Check Out World's First Sky Train by Danny287(m): 5:21pm On Jul 22, 2017
Sijo01:
Before opening the thread, I knew it's gonna be China. I'm glad I wasn't disappointed. Those folks are just too technologically advanced.

I tell you technology is really driving them cracy
Re: Check Out World's First Sky Train by Ever8054: 5:28pm On Jul 22, 2017
China Una to much...Nigeria will catch up with you guys,when our youth are done defending and celebrating criminal politicians...I play arsenal to win or draw on my bet9ja slip but Chelsea won 3-0..I just weak

Re: Check Out World's First Sky Train by Sijo01(f): 5:29pm On Jul 22, 2017
Danny287:

I tell you technology is really driving them cracy

I just love their developmental/technological consciousness. They're on top of the game.

1 Like

Re: Check Out World's First Sky Train by Iamsheye(m): 10:54pm On Jul 22, 2017
lalasticlala come and see snake oo

(1) (Reply)

We Sell Arduino, Raspberry Pi3, Micro Controllers, Sensors, Modules Etc / The Illuminati And How It Came To Be / How Download Netflix Premium And Stream Movies For Free Without Subscription

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.