Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Gear Box Oil A.K.A Transmission Fluid - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Gear Box Oil A.K.A Transmission Fluid (980 Views)

7 Warning Signs You Need A Transmission Repair / Woman Pours Washer Fluid Instead Of Oil Into Engine, See What Happened / Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gear Box Oil A.K.A Transmission Fluid by fidtopade: 8:41pm On Jul 22, 2017
Well it is written on my gear box oil gage stick. 'UNder normal use oil should not be change'. ReCently I observed that the car no longer has the force It used to When I engage the gear one. My mechanic advice I should change the gear box oil and the filter. So I decided to make a matter of discussion before deciding on What to do. The Car is 2.4 Camry. The advice. Of experts in the house will really be appreciated.
Re: Gear Box Oil A.K.A Transmission Fluid by mayor2013: 11:31pm On Jul 22, 2017
What year is your car? If your "check engine" light is on run a scan first. Have the result (s) and post here
Re: Gear Box Oil A.K.A Transmission Fluid by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:53pm On Jul 23, 2017
fidtopade:
Well it is written on my gear box oil gage stick. 'UNder normal use oil should not be change'. ReCently I observed that the car no longer has the force It used to When I engage the gear one. My mechanic advice I should change the gear box oil and the filter. So I decided to make a matter of discussion before deciding on What to do. The Car is 2.4 Camry. The advice. Of experts in the house will really be appreciated.

and you believe that crap? grin

Check oil colour, if it is black, you are in trouble, brown you are safe, pink you have no issues.
Re: Gear Box Oil A.K.A Transmission Fluid by DaimlerBen(m): 7:14pm On Jul 24, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Check oil colour, if it is black, you are in trouble, brown you are safe, pink you have no issues.
Maybe what it means is the type of oil recommended should not be changed under normal use.
But under abnormal use like when you want to track the car (racing) or if your packs are gone... grin
Re: Gear Box Oil A.K.A Transmission Fluid by Kashif(m): 7:59pm On Jul 24, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Pink doesn't mean there is no issue. It means the issue has not affected the holding members or overheated the atf. And yes, black speaks trouble.

fidtopade:

If you see what they call "normal use", you will know that NOBODY drives 'normally'.

The 'filled for life' you see on transmissions is nonsense. It is just the warranty life, and not the vehicle's life.

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Sienna 2003 For Instalment / Issues With My 2001 Camry / Incredible Collection Of Supercars Worth N38.5b Meets To Raise Funds For Charity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.