Stats: 3,150,685 members, 7,809,589 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

Professor Oloyede Remits N5Billion JAMB Fund To FG As Nigerians Hail Him - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Professor Oloyede Remits N5Billion JAMB Fund To FG As Nigerians Hail Him (19717 Views)

JAMB: Exam Body Remits N7.8b To FG / JAMB Remits N5billion To FG Coffers – Spokesperson / Oloyede Cancels UTME Mock With Text Message (2) (3) (4)

Professor Oloyede Remits N5Billion JAMB Fund To FG As Nigerians Hail Him by abdallah9566(m): 7:49am On Jul 23, 2017
Nigerians from all works of life have commended the Registrar of the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB), Professor Is’haq Olanrewaju Oloyede for returning N5 billion to government treasury just within a year. Consequently, the entire forward looking, progressive Nigerians and the Muslim community have been celebrating Professor Oloyede, a scholar in the finest tradition, former Vice Chancellor, University of Ilorin and a Professor of Islamic Jurisprudence for remitting N5 billion into the government coffer for the first time since 1999. A survey by the Renaissance shows that social media, news stands and various joints are still filled with the news, commendations, surprise and consternation with almost the incredible story in a clime where Chief Executive Officers of government ministries, parastatals and agencies see such position as an opportunity to enrich themselves.

The JAMB Registrar achieved this feat due to his Administrative acumen after successfully conducting 2017 JAMB Examination. It is a living fact that all these years, JAMB has always begged Government for money. Oloyede succeeded in blocking all loopholes without compromising standards. As if that is not enough, Oloyede is even contemplating reducing JAMB fees in 2018 to relieve poor Nigerians!

Speaking to Renaissance on this development, a Doctor of Philosophy from a notable South-West university commended the giant strides, which he said contradicted the previous practice that was riddled with corruption and malpractices. “We are proud of Oloyede. This is a far cry from the previous administrations, particularly that of Professor Dibu Ojerinde who reportedly returned only N3 million into the government coffer. We must give it to Oloyede and his team.

If this is the ‘Islamisation’ of Nigeria being touted around, let the detractors keep crying wolf and raising phony alarms; let the good job continues. “Let those enemies of Nigeria give us examples of their own products. As Muslims we are proud of our illustrious sons and daughters like Prof Oloyede, Dr Amina Muhammed, Professor Attahiru Jega, Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, Justice Ayo Salami, MKO Abiola, President Muhammadu Buhari, Gen Tunde Idiagbon, Murtala Ramat Muhammed and the likes for their honesty, transparency, probity and fear of God. But unfortunately, our hypocrisy-infested mass media will not give this much prominence,” he said. Similarly, a civil servant with the Lagos state government, Mrs Josephine Adeola lauded the achievement of the JAMB Registrar.

“This is a a kind of leaders Nigeria requires at the time unlike what the leadership of the National Assembly is showcasing to the world. I am a Christian but I don’t mind whoever is in the leadership as long as he or she rules well,” she said. By Adeyinka Abdullah

http://therenaissanceng.com/nigerians-commend-professor-oloyede-as-an-illustrious-son-of-islam

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professor Oloyede Remits N5Billion JAMB Fund To FG As Nigerians Hail Him by chukwui(m): 7:52am On Jul 23, 2017

Re: Professor Oloyede Remits N5Billion JAMB Fund To FG As Nigerians Hail Him by odiereke(m): 8:01am On Jul 23, 2017
That's a good one. Keep it Up. Honesty pays in this our life.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Professor Oloyede Remits N5Billion JAMB Fund To FG As Nigerians Hail Him by damosade(m): 9:07am On Jul 23, 2017
Religion has done more harms to peoples mind than any other thing.. smiley

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professor Oloyede Remits N5Billion JAMB Fund To FG As Nigerians Hail Him by Mrreed(m): 9:44am On Jul 24, 2017
in a country were stealing has become the norm, it has become necessary to celebrate people lik this.
lalasticlala abeg the world should see this

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Professor Oloyede Remits N5Billion JAMB Fund To FG As Nigerians Hail Him by braine(m): 11:24am On Jul 24, 2017
It is N5Billion, not N5.2B nor N5.09B nor N5.3B; Just a round N5Billion.

God dey.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Professor Oloyede Remits N5Billion JAMB Fund To FG As Nigerians Hail Him by abumeinben(m): 11:25am On Jul 24, 2017
sad

Rubbed JAMB candidates of seamless registration exercise and it's subsequent examination just to make money for the FG?

Applaud him all you want, but not from the jambites.

One wonders, where does this money rest in the bottomless pit of federal account?
I hope it goes back to Education fundings.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Professor Oloyede Remits N5Billion JAMB Fund To FG As Nigerians Hail Him by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 24, 2017

Re: Professor Oloyede Remits N5Billion JAMB Fund To FG As Nigerians Hail Him by bkool7(m): 11:25am On Jul 24, 2017
Thats good. i know they must have save a lot of printing exam papers

Re: Professor Oloyede Remits N5Billion JAMB Fund To FG As Nigerians Hail Him by Oblongata: 11:26am On Jul 24, 2017
Oblongata:
I am undoubtedly the most mentioned monicker on nairaland and always during insult

Every time I log in I see like 25 mentions
And all the mentions na 'medulla oblongata'

Wetin I go do now angry
who send you?

Re: Professor Oloyede Remits N5Billion JAMB Fund To FG As Nigerians Hail Him by EmekaBlue(m): 11:26am On Jul 24, 2017
then d money will be sent to london to pay for presidential jet parked there waiting for d king dullard...What a useless country.

Re: Professor Oloyede Remits N5Billion JAMB Fund To FG As Nigerians Hail Him by johnwizey: 11:26am On Jul 24, 2017
EFCC should go after dibu
Re: Professor Oloyede Remits N5Billion JAMB Fund To FG As Nigerians Hail Him by Oche211(m): 11:26am On Jul 24, 2017
I hope those mentioning nd praising patriotic Nigerians as their muslim illustrious nd daughters re also proud of Abubakar Shekau, mohammed yusuf, kabiru Sokoto, Ali modu sheriff, saraki, yerima nd the rest cos they are also products of their religion.
We need to stop seeing hardworking, patriotic Nigerias through the lenses of any Religion.
They re hardworking, they are patriotic, they are proudly Nigerians.
We should stop all these religious madness biko.
These religions were brought to us in Africa. They weren't ours. U can't be more religious than those who founded it.
Religion has become a tool of oppression and anarchy in Nigeria.
Enough is Enough.

25 Likes

Re: Professor Oloyede Remits N5Billion JAMB Fund To FG As Nigerians Hail Him by Elnino4ladies: 11:26am On Jul 24, 2017
Nice one

I want to be like him when I grow up
Re: Professor Oloyede Remits N5Billion JAMB Fund To FG As Nigerians Hail Him by AngelicBeing: 11:27am On Jul 24, 2017
Yawns
Re: Professor Oloyede Remits N5Billion JAMB Fund To FG As Nigerians Hail Him by 989900: 11:27am On Jul 24, 2017
Good one especially when one of his predecessor remmited only N3m! shocked

On the flip side, I'm still trying to wrap my head around the Muslim yada, yada, yada, part . . . must everything take a tribal or religious turn?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professor Oloyede Remits N5Billion JAMB Fund To FG As Nigerians Hail Him by XaviDayo(m): 11:27am On Jul 24, 2017
After keeping how much for himself. Yeye dey smell. He returned 5 Billion and some cows are busy saying he is a Muslim. So Muslims don't steal? Why dint they mention crooks like Saraki, abi na idol worshipper im be?

16 Likes

Re: Professor Oloyede Remits N5Billion JAMB Fund To FG As Nigerians Hail Him by KayDEAN(m): 11:27am On Jul 24, 2017
Re: Professor Oloyede Remits N5Billion JAMB Fund To FG As Nigerians Hail Him by sheyinoni(m): 11:27am On Jul 24, 2017
I hope he gets compensated for his honesty,that's one way to curb corruption. There should be a reward for good
Re: Professor Oloyede Remits N5Billion JAMB Fund To FG As Nigerians Hail Him by tayo200(m): 11:28am On Jul 24, 2017
mtcheeeew...owo abu ni a n fi se abu lalejo..
Re: Professor Oloyede Remits N5Billion JAMB Fund To FG As Nigerians Hail Him by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 24, 2017
johnwizey:

exactly

Re: Professor Oloyede Remits N5Billion JAMB Fund To FG As Nigerians Hail Him by madridguy(m): 11:28am On Jul 24, 2017
Thank you Sai Baba.

Re: Professor Oloyede Remits N5Billion JAMB Fund To FG As Nigerians Hail Him by IDEKEALUMONA(m): 11:29am On Jul 24, 2017
They left out their other prominent and honest sons like Tinubu, Atiku Abubakar , Abacha, IBB, Dasuki etc.

We have relatively cheap plots of land for sale in Trans-Ekulu,new GRA, old GRA, and Emene,all in Enugu with documents verifiable at the Enugu State ministry of lands.
Call:0-8-1-0-5-8-6-6-4-7-3*

Re: Professor Oloyede Remits N5Billion JAMB Fund To FG As Nigerians Hail Him by icon8: 11:29am On Jul 24, 2017
This is commendable, if all the claims are true.

What I don't understand, however, is the attempt to "religionize" or "islamize" the Prof's feat. Are they telling us he achieved this "because" he's a Muslim?

Re: Professor Oloyede Remits N5Billion JAMB Fund To FG As Nigerians Hail Him by nobodysmanrob(m): 11:29am On Jul 24, 2017
Very commendable I must say. But why do we insist on dividing ourselves along ethnic and religious lines?

Re: Professor Oloyede Remits N5Billion JAMB Fund To FG As Nigerians Hail Him by lilytender: 11:29am On Jul 24, 2017
johnwizey:

And all past heads of JAMB, WAEC and NECO.

Re: Professor Oloyede Remits N5Billion JAMB Fund To FG As Nigerians Hail Him by jy2kbeyond(m): 11:29am On Jul 24, 2017
That's how to be a human. Alhamdulillah for you sir.

Re: Professor Oloyede Remits N5Billion JAMB Fund To FG As Nigerians Hail Him by ipobarecriminals: 11:29am On Jul 24, 2017
cool God bless him.Thank God nor be for jona gofment.mama peace,Wike and diezani go don use am build. mansion.

Re: Professor Oloyede Remits N5Billion JAMB Fund To FG As Nigerians Hail Him by Oblongata: 11:29am On Jul 24, 2017
Man way sabi
Re: Professor Oloyede Remits N5Billion JAMB Fund To FG As Nigerians Hail Him by adekhingz(m): 11:30am On Jul 24, 2017
that was my vcccccccccccccccc grin
Re: Professor Oloyede Remits N5Billion JAMB Fund To FG As Nigerians Hail Him by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 11:30am On Jul 24, 2017
you may hate or love him...
but you can't take away the fact that PMB is the most transparent President we've had yet..

Re: Professor Oloyede Remits N5Billion JAMB Fund To FG As Nigerians Hail Him by samuel900(m): 11:30am On Jul 24, 2017
Why HAILING him? The money extorting from the poor Nigeria, JAMB FORM he promised to be sold 2,500 now N6,300 including Registration fees, to change COURSE u have to pay N2,500 to Regularize JAMB Registration (Stupidity) you pay N10,000, to print JAMB Result 1,000, to print Admission Letter, N1,000. everything is money. Why. Common WAEC form is N14,500, NECO, NABTEB ETC.

Dowen Parents Forum Holds Candlelight Procession For Sylvester Oromoni (Photos) / Uganda Varsity Requests For Nigerian Lecturers / Which Is Correct 'elder Brother' Or 'senior Brother' Or 'older Brother'?