Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

5 Tips To Completely Secure Your Social Media Accounts - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Tips To Completely Secure Your Social Media Accounts (5474 Views)

Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It / How To Protect Your Social Media Accounts From Being Hacked / 7 Signs Your Social Media Account Has Been Hacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Tips To Completely Secure Your Social Media Accounts by Cutezt(m): 8:53am On Jul 24, 2017
Social media is such an important business tool nowadays, making it critical that you keep your accounts safe. Suppose somebody accessed your accounts? It would be decimating and it could possibly have an extreme negative affect on your business.

Things like:

Taking your account and changing the handle so as to take your hard earned followers.

Sending out traded off links to your followers.

Endeavoring to phish individual data from your clients.

Abstain from putting your social media accounts at chance by actualizing these five straightforward tips.

1. Be careful with third-party applications.

When you use an outsider application, for example, a social media post scheduler, they will request access to your account. Ensure you are as it were approving only legitimate applications to get access. and , make sure to read about what precisely you are approving the specific application to access.

A few applications will just need least permissions, for example, the ability to read and write content, so continuously read the fine print. It's a smart thought to login to the greater part of your social media accounts and see what applications you are as of now permitting to get to your profiles. repudiate access to anything you don't trust or any applications you presently aren't using.

2. Use solid passwords.

Recalling passwords considered to be "solid" can be an agony in the back.

Indeed, even Mark Zuckerberg, author of Facebook, wasn't excessively partial to difficult passwords - until the point when he was hacked. His Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts were traded off and his password was later uncovered to be "Dadada." This fair goes to indicate you that the dominant part of individuals don't take their password quality too important.

A great many people think, "It will never happen to me."

All things considered, it can happen, so ensure you use a password that is hard to break.

Tools, for example, How Secure Is My Password will enable you to rate your password quality. For instance, it says it would take a PC 552 quadrillion years to split the password key "Secure100Password3!"

3. Install antivirus Applications.

Numerous internet service providers (ISPs) will give some type of security assurance - you can also install an antivirus program, for example, AVG , which offers a free protection against malicious items.

On the off chance that you need to be additional wary, tools like Vibbi enable you to download and backup the greater part of your pictures and videos on Instagram - this is particularly advantageous for brands that spend additional time and cash editing customized videos to promote their business.

4. Enable two-factor confirmation.

Two-factor verification affirms a user's originality by using a mix of two distinctive segments, typically the account passkey and a confirmation code, [b]which is sent to the user by means of text message or email.

To be completely forthright, anybody not using this feature is requesting inconvenience. It's justified regardless of the additional bother to guarantee that your accounts remain safe.

5. Move passwords to a manager app.

LastPass is program that recollects the majority of your passwords, driving you to just recollect one master secret word.

With such a variety of "difficult " to recall passwords, periodically you need to end up resetting your password, giving you however another difficult to remember password to add to the blend. You can additionally sync the service over all your browsers and gadgets.

With such a large number of social media accounts to deal with, it's frequently sluggishness that causes us to use powerless simple to- remember passwords.

http://tutsmap..com/2017/07/5-tips-to-completely-secure-your-social.html
Re: 5 Tips To Completely Secure Your Social Media Accounts by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 24, 2017
FTC at last...

I dedicate this FTC to buhari, hushpuppi, bobyrisky and all other national problems facing Nigeria.

God will see us through this hard time.

Good tips at OP.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Tips To Completely Secure Your Social Media Accounts by Philinho(m): 10:49am On Jul 24, 2017
nice one op
Re: 5 Tips To Completely Secure Your Social Media Accounts by Centyakam(m): 10:49am On Jul 24, 2017
OK
Re: 5 Tips To Completely Secure Your Social Media Accounts by haybellfire(m): 10:50am On Jul 24, 2017
FTc sorrry i miss
Re: 5 Tips To Completely Secure Your Social Media Accounts by haybellfire(m): 10:50am On Jul 24, 2017
Gbadegesin19:
Winch!!! Guys gat no chill

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Tips To Completely Secure Your Social Media Accounts by Rosheal(m): 10:53am On Jul 24, 2017
Noted
Re: 5 Tips To Completely Secure Your Social Media Accounts by elog(m): 10:59am On Jul 24, 2017
Yeah correct
And do not use similar passwords for different social media accounts
Re: 5 Tips To Completely Secure Your Social Media Accounts by KayDEAN(m): 11:04am On Jul 24, 2017
Do you know how hard that can be
BTW check my profile for high quality photoshopped cartoons selfie
elog:
Yeah correct
And do not use similar passwords for different social media accounts
Re: 5 Tips To Completely Secure Your Social Media Accounts by dauddy97(m): 11:07am On Jul 24, 2017
nice one op, but nobody called lala and it made front page
Re: 5 Tips To Completely Secure Your Social Media Accounts by thoollz: 11:07am On Jul 24, 2017
Have 64 characters as ur password

1 Like

Re: 5 Tips To Completely Secure Your Social Media Accounts by Ilajeboy(m): 11:09am On Jul 24, 2017
grin Zuckerberg dadada
Re: 5 Tips To Completely Secure Your Social Media Accounts by Cutezt(m): 11:41am On Jul 24, 2017
Myfredmon:
VIP subscribers had a great game this weekend.
Taking risk is one of the attrbutes of making money. It is never an easy route. To make money, call or whatsapp the number found in the photo

Idiot, get your scamming ass off my thread.
Re: 5 Tips To Completely Secure Your Social Media Accounts by Ejadike(m): 11:45am On Jul 24, 2017
Nice one op. Yesterday I was browsing and listening to music on my Tecno device and all of a sudden music stop come de play another one, I checked to see if it's a streaming video but non. Maybe they're showing me preamble of how they'll hack my phone.
Re: 5 Tips To Completely Secure Your Social Media Accounts by Rick9(m): 12:24pm On Jul 24, 2017
Nice one,

My social media accounts ( Facebook, Twitter & Instagram ) would take 1000 years to crack.
While my email passwords would take about 800 thousand years to crack.
Re: 5 Tips To Completely Secure Your Social Media Accounts by bernard1000001(m): 12:38pm On Jul 24, 2017
okay
Re: 5 Tips To Completely Secure Your Social Media Accounts by VeryKlean(m): 12:56pm On Jul 24, 2017
Me
Who fit hack my account
Even my ATM password pass 4 numbers, I no still trust the bank. U don see password wey dey take 40minutes to complete typing U go see something$
Re: 5 Tips To Completely Secure Your Social Media Accounts by CelestineC(m): 5:19pm On Jul 24, 2017
Lol fuuny you bro....
VeryKlean:
Me
Who fit hack my account
Even my ATM password pass 4 numbers, I no still trust the bank. U don see password wey dey take 40minutes to complete typing U go see something$
Re: 5 Tips To Completely Secure Your Social Media Accounts by Whiteangelis(m): 11:41pm On Jul 24, 2017
very nice one dude.......if you don't mind I will also like to share this STEP BY STEP HOW TO DELETE FACEBOOK MESSAGES

(1) (Reply)

This Glo New Data Plan Will Amaze You - Full Details / Download Lenovo A628t Firmware / Stock Rom / Telecoms Operators Lament Poor Spectrum Management In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.