Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

BI DONGOYARO (bitter But Necessary) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / BI DONGOYARO (bitter But Necessary) (418 Views)

My Bitter Exprience With Nipost / How To Prepare Nigerian Egusi Soup With Bitter Leaf (caking Method) / How To Prepare Nigerian Egusi Soup With Bitter Leaf (caking Method) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

BI DONGOYARO (bitter But Necessary) by lalaponcus(m): 9:27am On Jul 24, 2017
BI DONGOYARO (Bitter but necessary)

Tunji bo si ibi ki o wa mu agbo yi.
(Tunji, come here and take this herbal drink)

So said the loving mother to her young one while I watched from across the street.

The little one's face soured.
Like a fowl drenched in water, he stood, shivering from the malaria that had seeped into his system.

Rooted, he stood on the spot like a child who mistakenly enters wili wonker's chocolate factory and never wishes to leave.

Rooted, he stood on the spot like a young lady upon entering a diamond store.

Rooted, he stood on the spot like a music critic who enters a room whose occupants are Handel, Bethoven, Yanni and Enya.

Rooted, he stood on the spot like the village idiot who enters the tavern after he has been told that all his drinks have been paid for by a wealthy patron.

Rooted he stood, not wishing to advance to take the severely bitter concotion

The ice-cream truck came by.

Playing its familia tone, over the loudspeakers which drew children close.
Playing its popular tone which caused some parents heart to sink.
For their purses were lean, and their little children would surely have a fit when denied the opportunity to 'lick ice cream'

Mama Tunji rushed over to the lad.
Using a belt to redirect his course from the path to more troubles.

Dragging him to the backyard and forcefully opening his mouth to drink the concotion.
For she needed him to be well and strong, even though he thought that she was a wicked ogre hell bent of making his life miserable.

My mind went to my walk with my God.

Remembering the times I skipped certain 'dongoyaro-ish' portions of the bible

Those portions that laid down specific curses for children who did not wish to incline their ears unto wisdom.

Those parts that severely hammered on the fact that I needed to work in God's vineyard.

That part of the bible that told me to forsake the world, my family and friends, just to follow my master.

That part where He instructs me to be patient in trials.

Those parts where He told me to go the extra mile in pleasing my enemies and turn the other cheek.

Those were the dongoyaro parts of the bible I did not wish to drink.

Instead, I usually ran to the ice cream trucks.

The portions of the bible where blessings were decreed upon the child of God.

The portion of the bible that told me to love myself (without the neighbor part biko).

The portion of the bible that told showed Elijah calling down fire on his enemies.

The part of the bible where Jesus says that greater works shall I do.

Those were the ice cream I ran to.

Like a loving father.

God caused adversity to come my way like Jonah.
All to redirect me to obeying His message which I have been called to spread.

God allowed pain to come my way like Job.
All to cause my faith in Him to remain unshakable.

Gods' voice echoed so loud in my ears like Samuel.
All to make me desist from falling like Hophni and Phineas.

God caused my eyes to be blind for a while like Paul's.
All to drive me to work in His vineyard and wrestle destinies away from the evil ones grip.

God redirected me like mama Tunji.
For He knew that I could not afford to go on taking ice cream all the days of my life.
#BASHORUN

Okontas.com

Beloved, do not wait for adversity to drive you to obeying God's call and living a purpose driven life.

(1) (Reply)

Blac Chyna Shares Adorable Photo Of Dream Kardashian / Alleged Target Of Ozubulu Massacre, Aloysius Ikegwuonwu, Breaks His Silence / Help Confirm If This Is Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.