Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,301 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

700 Suspected Cultists Arrested In Anambra - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 700 Suspected Cultists Arrested In Anambra (298 Views)

Cultists Arrested During Robbery After Engaging Police In Gun Battle. Photos / Cultists Arrested With Human Hand In Enugu During 'Peace Talk'. Graphic / Cultists Arrested In Their Hideout After Killing Of 10 Persons In Anambra. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

700 Suspected Cultists Arrested In Anambra by adebayosblog(m): 6:45pm On Jul 24, 2017
Not less than 700 suspected cultists and 38 suspected armed robbers were arrested in different parts of Anambra in the last three weeks.
Garba Umar, the state commissioner of police, said, “ This number of arrests within three weeks to me was unprecedented and we will sustain the tempo until we flush out all the bad eggs in the state,’’ the police recovered several types of arms and ammunition from the suspects. The commissioner said that some of the suspects had been arraigned, while the command was still investigating cases leveled against others.

“I personally patrol some of these locations to ensure efficient operations. I am not an arm chair police commissioner.

“I move round myself to make sure that things are done the right way for security of lives and property of residents,” Umar said. Umar warned those who were in the habit of operating in offices and residential houses, especially around the Government House, Awka axis, to desist.

He said that the command had set its dragnet in every location in the state; especially Awka, the capital, and that any person or group caught would be severely dealt with.

click the link for full details. http://www.adebayosblog.com/2017/07/700-suspected-cultists-arrested-in.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

IGP Pushes For Death Penalty For Kidnappers / Colombia Illegal Gold Mining Activities Kills Six / Why EFCC Should Capture Obstinate Individuals From The National Assembly – CACOL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.