Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF (3275 Views)

Court Sacks Amaju Pinnick As NFF President / Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) / Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by mamagee3(f): 1:22am On Feb 12, 2010
Amodu needs to kick-dropped to his home. . .
His brain is soo weak, his legs are as weak as a walking stick.
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by microgiant: 7:51am On Feb 12, 2010
chelseabmw:

as long as amodu is not the chief coach then no problem at all

Didn't you read the post very well it says he's Chief Coach and it was clearly spelt out in his contract
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by Marymos: 9:02am On Feb 12, 2010
NFF are confuse set of people.Ever since they decide to employ a foreign coach they've been going round the cycle.If Nigeria fail woefully at the world cup,NFF should be held responsible.Am not against Amodu taking us to the world cup but just that he lacks the complete technical competence and his his choice of players is not done on merit.
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by damilola15: 11:13am On Feb 12, 2010
Amodu going or not, Shehata or not even Ferguson or not, our world cup dream is not too bright for me.
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by supereagle(m): 1:23pm On Feb 12, 2010
We are planing to fail with the issue of Foreign TA. Our opponents are preparing for us , PTF and NFF are still looking for a world class Coach. This beginning of Failure.The proplem with us is that we do not learn from History.
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by PastorOla1: 4:40pm On Feb 12, 2010
This is to show that between Amodu and NFF there more than the eye can see.
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by snakova(m): 4:46pm On Feb 12, 2010
FBS:

hehehe. . .LOL but you see, let Kalika himself come out and talk. No need hiding and parading himself as a mercenary.

In case you missed my earlier post, I said he dented his CV badly during that same tourney you talked about. But few will argue that his previous teams played "total football". grin

In any case I see nothing special here- Bruno Metsu, Ratomir Dujković , Peter Taylor? When was the last time they managed any side sef?
Highlighted: agreed. The shortlist is just so they don't put up one or two names, as actually you have only about one or two names that can be called 'world class' and are still up for grabs. Sia1 is smart, but he should try and see pass 'the stadium named after him' politics. I see that as his greatest (if not only) undoing. He was my pick before his debacle in Egypt. He has some cleaning up to do.
supereagle:

We are planing to fail with the issue of Foreign TA. Our opponents are preparing for us , PTF and NFF are still looking for a world class Coach. This beginning of Failure.The proplem with us is that we do not learn from History.
unfortunately so. But we are caught up between the devil and the deep blue sea. see what i mean. Its actually all Amodu's fault. He could have just acceded to NFF's request to hire an oyibo to assist him b4 ANC, but he did not want to share his glory with som1. Sha, no use crying over spilled milk. Give us Hiddink to lead us to glory wink grin
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by Smi1(m): 7:25pm On Feb 13, 2010
Amodu is the only outstanding coach among hes peer!! so nigerians should let him do his work or hook him up with an assistance cool
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by kcblast(m): 5:18pm On Feb 14, 2010
meeeeeeeeeeeen, we don't need this man cos he's filled up with bad lock or else we are praying for failure.
bullshit
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by kcblast(m): 5:29pm On Feb 14, 2010
S@mi:

Amodu is the only outstanding coach among hes peer!! so nigerians should let him do his work or hook him up with an assistance cool

angryif i say u are so stupid now,they will say i'm rude.
anyway i think u don't have a nous for this topic. sooo, u better sign-out of N.L undecided
dont make stupid suggestions next time,u are even wingless grin.
DAMN IT!!! angry
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by FBS: 7:56am On Feb 15, 2010
New coach to 'observe' friendly

Nigeria expect to name their newly-hired coach by February 28, but the new man will only watch from the stands when the Super Eagles play their friendly match on March 3.

Nigeria demoted former coach Shuaibu Amodu to their B team, comprising exclusively of local players, and have drawn up a shortlist that included the likes of Guus Hiddink, Louis van Gaal, Giovanni Trapatoni, Bruno Metsu, Ratomir Djukovic and Peter Taylor.

The new coach is not expected to be named until February 28, just three days before the March 3 window for international friendlies.

NFF Secretary General Bolaji Ojo-Oba, who insists that the Super Eagles will play Paraguay in London, suggested that the new 'Technical Adviser' may not be in charge for the only game before the team moves into a 21-day pre-World Cup camp in May.

"We will make an announcement by February 28 latest," Ojo-Oba told KickOffNigeria.com. "The new coach may just observe the match from the stands."

With no coach in place, Ojo-Oba said the NFF would pick the players for the game.

"We cannot wait for the new coach because there is no time, so we will call up the players, and the team will resume camp for the game."

He refused to say categorically however, that reassigned coach Shuaibu Amodu would not be in charge for the game.

"There will definitely be somebody in charge for the game. But I cannot say for now whether that person will be Amodu or not.

"We will make a pronouncement on that before the match."

http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=13888

----

You want to know the problem of Nigerian football? Search no further, it's the NFF. Those guys there are i.diots. It's about time we call for a change.
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by honeric01(m): 11:47am On Feb 15, 2010
FBS:

You want to know the problem of Nigerian football? Search no further, it's the NFF. Those guys there are i.diots. It's about time we call for a change.

you see why i think Amodu is not our problem? he would be making better decisions if we don't have people like these in the nff. imagine, they are the ones to pick both home based players for team b and also the team a players.

wicked set of people.
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by snakova(m): 12:25pm On Feb 15, 2010
honeric01:

you see why i think Amodu is not our problem? he would be making better decisions if we don't have people like these in the nff. imagine, they are the ones to pick both home based players for team b and also the team a players.
wicked set of people.
If you can't make your team selection, you may as well quit. The NFF are the main problem, but there's a wise way of handling such individuals. Check out Sia1 for instance. Amodu just needs the job so badly he would take anything other than a sack.
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by honeric01(m): 12:57pm On Feb 15, 2010
@Snak

Stop comparing the team siasia handled with the super eagles, most of the SE players have godfathers in the NFF, so it's a different ball game compared to the under 17,20,23 teams.
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by FBS: 1:07pm On Feb 15, 2010
In any case, Snakova has a point. If he (Amodu) knew he wouldn't be allowed to pick his OWN team. . .he could have resigned.
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by honeric01(m): 1:52pm On Feb 15, 2010
Don't you think they know the problem already? don't you think they decided not to sack him completely because they knew that they caused the problem?

if he refuses the job, who then would take it? or do you mean the SE should only be coached by a white man?
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by snakova(m): 2:12pm On Feb 15, 2010
Somethings gotta be done about the NFF. No doubt about that. SO whats the way forward? 5 million man march
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by honeric01(m): 2:50pm On Feb 15, 2010
we can start by channeling our anger to the right channel and not the coaches.
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by omar22(m): 3:17pm On Feb 15, 2010
I have always said qualifying for the world cup was a mistake, if its not too late we could give tunisia the ticket, because we have a friendly window in march when all the countries would have their first set of friendlies Nigeria still hasnt got a clue on which way to go
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by FBS: 3:37pm On Feb 15, 2010
honeric01:

Don't you think they know the problem already? don't you think they decided not to sack him completely because they knew that they caused the problem?

if he refuses the job, who then would take it? or do you mean the SE should only be coached by a white man?
Ki la gbe. . .ki le ju? Wetin we ask, wetin you answer?

Why did he take the job? Answer the question. Was he forced to take the job?
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by honeric01(m): 3:44pm On Feb 15, 2010
FBS:

Ki la gbe. . .ki le ju? Wetin we ask, wetin you answer?

Why did he take the job? Answer the question. Was he forced to take the job?

Why did he take the job?

the same reasons chukwu, onigbinde, james peters, Eguavoen and the rest had.
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by FBS: 8:03pm On Feb 15, 2010
honeric01:

Why did he take the job?

the same reasons chukwu, onigbinde, james peters, Eguavoen and the rest had.
Was he forced to take the job, yes or no? undecided
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by Nobody: 11:16pm On Feb 15, 2010
When Shaibu Amodu was hired to lead the Super Eagles through qualifying, I wrote the following on my facebook page.

"I don't believe that Amodu is the best local coach in the country, on the back of this failure by Berti Vogts, I belive Amodu is being hired to fail so that the NFF can justify the need to hire a Foreign Coach on the eve of world cup"

You know what? Amodu did not fail as much as I expected him to but the NFF which were not necessarily interested Amodu's result in the first place and have decided to hire a Foreign Coach anyway. Well this has always been their agenda and nothing to do with Amodu's records.
There are better coaches than Amodu in the country and I see no need for any foreign coach and I want to ask the following.

What is the basis of chasing a Foreign Coach at this time? Do we plan to win the world cup?

If we are looking to win the world cup then I will say that hiring a new foreign coach 4 months to the finals is just how not to prepare, its too late.

If we are not planning to win the world cup, then what is the essence of spending so much on a Foreign Coach really?

I will suggest keeping Amodu as head coach and bringing in Siasia as Technical Adviser.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Single Bets With Odd Btw 1.5 - 2.2 (corner Only) / Guaranteed steady winnings(winnings updated daily) / SA League Fans News And Update here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.