Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,041 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF (3271 Views)

Court Sacks Amaju Pinnick As NFF President / Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) / Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by FBS: 11:21am On Feb 08, 2010
NFF: Amodu will go to World Cup

Even as opposition has continued to swell against the choice of Coach Shaibu Amodu as a member of the Super Eagles technical crew, the Nigeria Football Federation said the soccer tactician would be part of the Eagles technical crew to the South Africa 2010 World Cup.

Amodu led the Eagles to a bronze medal finish at the just concluded African Cup of Nations in Angola, but Nigerians are not satisfied with his inputs in the team and voted instead for the hiring of a sound technical expatriate to tinker the team to the World Cup in June this year.

Revealing the NFF position at a media briefing in Abuja, the Federation’s Executive Committee member and Chairman of its technical committee Taiwo Ogunjobi explained that this is because Amodu is still a member of the Eagles’ technical crew.

According to Ogunjobi, the hiring of a foreign Technical Adviser is not an outright demotion for Amodu, but to fill the position that has remained vacant since the recruitment of Amodu.

Ogunjobi, who was accompanied to the briefing by his Deputy, Dominic Iorfa, stated further that the NFF even stated clearly in the letter of employment to Amodu that he is the Chief Coach, which means somebody would be engaged at a later time to boss him.

“Amodu is still the Chief Coach of the Super Eagles, while the Technical Adviser will become the overall boss. So, Amodu as the Chief Coach will be there with the new Technical Adviser at the South Africa 2010 World Cup”, Ogunjobi said.

He added that the decision to engage a Technical Adviser was taken in Angola by the NFF Executive Committee, after which the decision was communicated to the Eagles current technical crew led by Amodu at a meeting in Angola, stressing that it was the sole decision of the NFF Executive Committee without pressure from the Presidential Task Force as being speculated.

“The decision to recruit a Technical Adviser was taken in Angola, and the Super Eagles technical crew led by Amodu was told at a meeting held with them there; and I want to state here that there was no pressure from the PTF on the matter”, he informed.

He dismissed fears that the ability of the Technical Committee to meet the deadline for the recruitment of a quality foreign Technical Adviser, ‘saying the deadline is realistic’.

http://www.news.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13776:nff-amodu-will-go-to-world-cup&catid=45:sports&Itemid=28
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by azeeza(f): 11:38am On Feb 08, 2010
As long he is nt the coach or technical adviser shekina.i learnt guus hindink is out of the race.pls update me cool
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by FBS: 12:00pm On Feb 08, 2010
azeeza:

As long he is nt the coach or technical adviser shekina.i learnt guus hindink is out of the race.pls update me cool
Azeeza. . .why do I feel as though you are on my radar?  cheesy LOL

NFF as I know it ain't nothing but a JOKE!
LvG and Hiddink as it stands are both out of the race. . .Shehata? I doubt it.
Why do they ven have to look for a new "foreign" coach at this time.
Is Siasia busy?
None of those BIG names on the shortlist are free.
Bruno Metsu, Ratomir Dujković , Peter Taylor (Goodness me) - wetin all these guys wan do?

My take on Sia1 is that he will bench all the non-performing players and inject some fresh blood.
I agree though that he seriously dented his CV last year.
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by azeeza(f): 12:31pm On Feb 08, 2010
sia1 campaign maneger wink.as long it is not amodu.no qualms.
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by FBS: 12:59pm On Feb 08, 2010
azeeza:

Well, we shouldn't get someone worse than Amodu. That is a major concern.
Foreign does not mean better.
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by snakova(m): 6:07pm On Feb 08, 2010
azeeza:

@FBS
real sia1 campaigner. Som1 who hired a mecenary to see him thru his job (kalika) is the one you are calling to assist AMODU and even both of them failed woefully last time out against ten-man Germany that Tella tutored.
FBS you can do better than this. I trust you wink
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by AndreUweh(m): 6:40pm On Feb 08, 2010
Siasia is not good enough. It was not long ago that we saw his incapabilities at Egypt 2009. What has he actually won as a coach.
The only way forward is to reinstate Amodu.
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by IbrahimB: 12:24am On Feb 09, 2010
@Andre Uweh

It was not long ago that we saw his incapabilities at Egypt 2009

Can you mention one manager that has not at one point or the other in his career experienced failure? Mention one.

What has he actually won as a coach
Well in case you've forgotten Siasia has WON 2 Silver Medals, one in the olympics & another in the Fifa Youth championship, in both cases only losing out on gold narrowly. Could you have forgotten that?
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by visualtutorng: 3:36am On Feb 09, 2010
I think Amodu is a very lucky coach despite his weaknesses. I will not be surprised to see him in South Africa.
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by semid4lyfe(m): 7:46am On Feb 09, 2010
Amodu will be is South Africa as what? Ball boy to a superior and 'super intelligent' white foreign coach abi? Nonsense! Amodu don dey vex me sef! He been kicked around too much. The world cup is not the end of the world. He should call the NFF's bluff and resign if he has any shred of dignity or self respect left in him.
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by FBS: 7:57am On Feb 09, 2010
snakova:

@FBS
real sia1 campaigner. Som1 who hired a mecenary to see him thru his job (kalika) is the one you are calling to assist AMODU and even both of them failed woefully last time out against ten-man Germany that Tella tutored.
FBS you can do better than this. I trust you wink
hehehe. . .LOL but you see, let Kalika himself come out and talk. No need hiding and parading himself as a mercenary.

In case you missed my earlier post, I said he dented his CV badly during that same tourney you talked about. But few will argue that his previous teams played "total football".  grin

In any case I see nothing special here- Bruno Metsu, Ratomir Dujković , Peter Taylor? When was the last time they managed any side sef?
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by azeeza(f): 8:30am On Feb 11, 2010
Bruno metsu and Ratomir Dujković and the lastest trappatoni.what's the way out.NFF promise to anounce the head coach for SE b4 on the 16th.who will be our messiah(choosen one)to redeem our image when it comes to footie cool
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by FBS: 8:32am On Feb 11, 2010
azeeza:

Bruno metsu and Ratomir Dujković and the lastest trappatoni.what's the way out.NFF promise to anounce the head coach for SE b4 on the 16th.who will be our messiah(choosen one)to redeem our image when it comes to footie cool
I don't know why but I think NFF just dey play. cheesy
They ain't ready yet.
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by azeeza(f): 8:59am On Feb 11, 2010
NFF should forget about foreign coaches and appoint our amiable NL coach FBS.he will do better no doubt about it.what do you guys think about that grin
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by FBS: 9:07am On Feb 11, 2010
azeeza:

NFF should forget about foreign coaches and appoint our amiable NL coach FBS.he will do better no doubt about it.what do you guys think about that grin
LOL!
Let me be humble and decline cheesy but defo I know I would have done a better job than Amodu the coach. cool
Seriously, I will be mega surprised if NFF hire anyone capable of leading The SE.
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by SamMilla1(m): 2:36pm On Feb 11, 2010
sentiments !! sentiments!!! sentiments!!!!

the fastest way to failure.
whats he going to do there ? if they want , they can forget about whiteman and let him be in charge. its gonna be a waste of money,
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by Obinoscopy(m): 3:25pm On Feb 11, 2010
Who is suppose to be the over all boss? The Chief Coach or the Technical Advisor?

I thought a Technical Advisor only advises the Chief Coach on Technical Matters only. How can an Adviser be the boss? Why are the NFF confused. If they want to demote Amodu let them say it our without mincing words. Let him be an Assistant Coach or something. How can he be a Chief Coach & still be under an adviser.
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by deb(m): 3:26pm On Feb 11, 2010
NFF as I know it ain't nothing but a JOKE!
LvG and Hiddink as it stands are both out of the race. . .Shehata? I doubt it.
Why do they ven have to look for a new "foreign" coach at this time.
Is Siasia busy?
None of those BIG names on the shortlist are free.
Bruno Metsu, Ratomir Dujković , Peter Taylor (Goodness me) - wetin all these guys wan do?

My take on Sia1 is that he will bench all the non-performing players and inject some fresh blood.
I agree though that he seriously dented his CV last year.

I agree with you on everything you stated above except the highlighted part.
Have you ever seen a coach who has never lost or at one time disappointed?
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by FBS: 3:38pm On Feb 11, 2010
deb:

I agree with you on everything you stated above except the highlighted part.
Have you ever seen a coach who has never lost or at one time disappointed?
Let me re-explain. cheesy
I never said he is not suitable for the job because of that but it is a FACT that he disappointed many last year and you should know why.
My reason for calling it a "dent".
You get the drift? wink
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by deb(m): 3:39pm On Feb 11, 2010
FBS:

Let me re-explain. cheesy
I never said he is not suitable for the job because of that but it is a FACT that he disappointed many last year and you should know why.
My reason for calling it a "dent".
You get the drift? wink

ok ok
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by jessefly: 3:41pm On Feb 11, 2010
we talking bout coach how bout overhaulin d entire team too
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by FBS: 3:42pm On Feb 11, 2010
jessefly:

we talking bout coach how bout overhaulin d entire team too
It is expected that the new coach will do the overhauling. That will be his job not ours.
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by azeeza(f): 4:08pm On Feb 11, 2010
Overhauling the entire team is not an easy task you know.but let them appoint the coach and we will no how he will adress the siuation
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by FBS: 4:10pm On Feb 11, 2010
azeeza:

Overhauling the entire team is not an easy task you know.but let them appoint the coach and we will no how he will adress the siuation
That is the job of the coach, TA and backroom staff (if any at all).
They have to get it right this time.
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by azeeza(f): 4:15pm On Feb 11, 2010
Hope so.
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by Nobody: 4:43pm On Feb 11, 2010
Amodu = cat with 9 lives

keep watching!
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by azeeza(f): 4:57pm On Feb 11, 2010
That he will be reappointed again as the coach or, what do you mean by cat with nine lives
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by rasputinn(m): 10:16pm On Feb 11, 2010
I've passed being shocked by the many gaffes,goofs and raw stupidity of Amanze Uchegbulam,Sani Lulu and Taiwo Ogujobi
The evil triangle bedevilling football development in Nigeria
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by Builder: 10:31pm On Feb 11, 2010
Why do need a coach anyways, whatever happen our school teachers afterall a chemistry teacher  took us to South Korea/Japan when we were in similar situation. May we need to hire a Yoruba / Cookery teacher this time. Useless idiots
Re: Amodu Will Go To World Cup- NFF by chelseabmw(m): 11:01pm On Feb 11, 2010
as long as amodu is not the chief coach then no problem at all

(1) (2) (Reply)

Payout Methods And 100% Bonus Requests | Sure Bet 247 / How Do I Write A Proposal For A Football Competition? / Players You Want Your Club To Sign Or Let Go?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.