Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,995 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

Smuggled Snakes, Spiders Intercepted By Customs In Calabar (Photos) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Smuggled Snakes, Spiders Intercepted By Customs In Calabar (Photos) (66018 Views)

Container Of Military Wears Intercepted By Customs In Port-Harcourt. Photos / Photos Of The Exotic Cars Impounded By Customs In Abuja / Rice Smugglers Caught By Customs In Ogun, Rice Concealed In Boots, Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Smuggled Snakes, Spiders Intercepted By Customs In Calabar (Photos) by Olarababy(f): 10:23pm On Jul 26, 2017
ItalianWine:
The Iphone7 SomeOne Bought for me Charged Up To 104%, then Switched Itself Off. Then Later It Came On With Samsung Logo

Original Iphone7:
you should be lucky it didn't display itel ir tecno logo

1 Like

Re: Smuggled Snakes, Spiders Intercepted By Customs In Calabar (Photos) by gberra: 10:27pm On Jul 26, 2017
Oyindidi:
gringrin I remember now
ok
Re: Smuggled Snakes, Spiders Intercepted By Customs In Calabar (Photos) by MARX77(m): 10:47pm On Jul 26, 2017
ItalianWine:
The Iphone7 SomeOne Bought for me Charged Up To 104%, then Switched Itself Off. Then Later It Came On With Samsung Logo

Original Iphone7:
This got me cracked up.U're one funny girl
Re: Smuggled Snakes, Spiders Intercepted By Customs In Calabar (Photos) by bizzibodi(m): 10:58pm On Jul 26, 2017
dey want to pollute our environment with those evil creatures.tufiakwa!

1 Like

Re: Smuggled Snakes, Spiders Intercepted By Customs In Calabar (Photos) by 9jatatafo(m): 11:11pm On Jul 26, 2017
goodmorning40:
What is the business in this importation
Can someone tell me how and where they sell snakes, gecko hairy frog and spider to make money

They are high demand in USA and Canada. There are people who smuggle these animals to USA
Re: Smuggled Snakes, Spiders Intercepted By Customs In Calabar (Photos) by pellummy(m): 11:11pm On Jul 26, 2017
.Still thinking is it APC or PDP, OOOH 2019 election,maybe ...all this afonja again wetin u wan use snake do, no nah Igbos wan use snake breakaway,i felt am wrong..arewa the oppressor..no nigerians can we jst once come 2geda and fyt off one thing that brought us into this situation, FAMILY POLITICS,SELFISH AND GREEDY LAW MAKER, CORRUPT OFFICIALS AND JUDICIARY SYSTEM,KANU U CAN LEAD OUR AGITATION EVEN. THE YORUBAS AND HAUSAS WILL FOLLOW UR LEAD, I WANT TO BE FREE 4RM THIS OUR CURRENT SITUATION, LET WE YOUTH FIGHT 4 OUR FUTURE..UNITED WE CONQUER
Re: Smuggled Snakes, Spiders Intercepted By Customs In Calabar (Photos) by Liberal85(m): 3:06am On Jul 27, 2017
ItalianWine:

Original Iphone7:
Stale joke
Re: Smuggled Snakes, Spiders Intercepted By Customs In Calabar (Photos) by Siscooh: 3:15am On Jul 27, 2017
Those are not Cameroonian faces!!!!
Re: Smuggled Snakes, Spiders Intercepted By Customs In Calabar (Photos) by Siscooh: 3:17am On Jul 27, 2017
Those are not Cameroonian faces!!!! Cameroonians will not have the Kidney to do that.
Re: Smuggled Snakes, Spiders Intercepted By Customs In Calabar (Photos) by Oladipo1166(m): 6:06am On Jul 27, 2017
goodmorning40:
What is the business in this importation
Can someone tell me how and where they sell snakes, gecko hairy frog and spider to make money
u just said my mind, just wondering what they what to do with it oooooo...

1 Like

Re: Smuggled Snakes, Spiders Intercepted By Customs In Calabar (Photos) by adelacuna(m): 6:08am On Jul 27, 2017
This is unbelievable cryThis is unbelievable
Re: Smuggled Snakes, Spiders Intercepted By Customs In Calabar (Photos) by jaytime(m): 7:28am On Jul 27, 2017
Millipede? For what kwa?

1 Like

Re: Smuggled Snakes, Spiders Intercepted By Customs In Calabar (Photos) by Mcreloaded(m): 8:04am On Jul 27, 2017
Obviously the snakes in Nigeria have been depleted so the need to import
Re: Smuggled Snakes, Spiders Intercepted By Customs In Calabar (Photos) by one4GOD(f): 8:28am On Jul 27, 2017
Angelanest:
Two men have been arrested by officers of the Nigeria Customs Service on Wednesday after three consignments containing 140 species of snakes and 660 other animals imported into Nigeria from Cameroon were intercepted. According to reports, the containers were brought in aboard a Cameroonian vessel tagged ‘MV Flesh’ through the Calabar waterway to the National Inland Waterways Authority jetty in Calabar, Cross River State.

The other animals which were identified as geckos, millipedes, hairy frogs and spiders, were said to be worth N6.9m.

Customs Area Comptroller in charge of Calabar Free Trade Zone, Cross River and Akwa Ibom Command, Mrs. Nanbyen Burromvyat, said the consignments were intercepted by vigilant officers on July 24 on arrival at the NIWA jetty.

She said that the consignments, which were Lagos-bound, are prohibited items under the Schedule 3 of the Revised Import Prohibition List (Trade) in the Common External Tariff.

Without opening the containers for possible fear of escape, Burromvyat immediately handed over the items and the two suspects arrested to authorities of the Nigerian Agricultural Quarantine Services for further investigations.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/07/smuggled-snakes-spiders-millipedes-intercepted-in-calabar.html
Just imagine the animals escaping from the boxes while the ship is still on the sea shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Smuggled Snakes, Spiders Intercepted By Customs In Calabar (Photos) by Rambo34: 9:06am On Jul 27, 2017
Maybe they are planning on opening a zoo. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Smuggled Snakes, Spiders Intercepted By Customs In Calabar (Photos) by dapizy02(m): 10:30am On Jul 27, 2017
ItalianWine:

Original Iphone7:

Guy u re really a comedian........i laff out loud that people willingly donated chain's
Re: Smuggled Snakes, Spiders Intercepted By Customs In Calabar (Photos) by Psoul(m): 10:54am On Jul 27, 2017
Some of these reptiles will be used to prepare strong local medicine to cure our ailing president.
Re: Smuggled Snakes, Spiders Intercepted By Customs In Calabar (Photos) by barallanee(f): 8:34pm On Jul 27, 2017
Lala doesn't liv in Calabar o..pls carry and go o
Re: Smuggled Snakes, Spiders Intercepted By Customs In Calabar (Photos) by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 13, 2019
ItalianWine:

Original Iphone7:
Indeed that's Italian wine for you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

University Of Benin Student Jumps From Last Floor, Dies Instantly (Graphic Pix) / Nigerian Eiye Confraternity Members Arrested By Police In Italy. See Photos / Lady Murdered By Her Lover In Diver Hotel In Port-Harcourt (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.