Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (829142 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 9:48pm On Jul 28, 2017
Mcowubaba:

University of Manitoba?
Winnipeg University?
Or?
University of Manitoba sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bayocanny: 9:57pm On Jul 28, 2017
Holyfield1:
Part 13 and I haven't gotten my VISA

Okay o... 7weeks already
Have you reapply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by DaRealman1: 10:00pm On Jul 28, 2017
chimah3:

Well, the first red flag I noticed is you are retiring at 40+ to float a consulting firm and then it is your in law sponsoring your studies (doesn't add up).

Secondly you are at the verge of starting a business and you want to spend so much on studies/skills you could easily acquire in your home country.

These are just my observations I feel you should look into as they may arise when the VO is reviewing your application.

If the purpose of this your study is truly just to migrate to Canada...Try the Express Entry route...you stand better chances through that!

Lastly, the weather should be the least of your worries. Once you can get your visa. Everything else you can easily adapt to!

Many thanks for the response and advice, however, my inlaw sponsoring the programme doesnt mean i cant finance it too. He just want to take up the responsibility while i make sufficient provision fro my family while away. I agree with you that it makes no sense going to Canada to study when there are opportunities to do so in Nigeria, however, you didnt take cognizance of the in-depth training in Canada, the duration and of course the work experience it provides unlike Nigeria where you can only get such training for few days. There is quite a lot of difference if you understand what i mean.

Again, thanks you so much for the observation, contribution and advice. I look forward to your further review.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 10:12pm On Jul 28, 2017
bbclue:
Austinpee4 please am through writing my SOP I want you to help me go through it I want to summit on Monday morning thank am awaiting your respond sir
Emmm, i've been having difficulty accessing my email account for nairaland. So i can't guarantee that this issue will be resolved in time for you to get a response from me before monday. Please, do well to send a PM to a couple of people here that you feel can help you. I really would have helped review your SOP. Current situation may not allow for a timely response from me. My apologies.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by aliACCA: 10:18pm On Jul 28, 2017
maralina:

I did last week; they said they'll attend to it shortly.. I'm still hoping

did they tell u in their reply they will attend to it shortly or sent u this autoreply ?? shocked

Dear Sir/Madam,

Due to significant and unforeseen increases in the volume of temporary resident applications we receive (temporary resident visas, study permits, and work permits), we are currently outside regular processing times. We continue to process applications as quickly as possible in the order they were received.

We trust that you will find this information useful.

Sincerely,

Immigration Program | Programme d’ immigration (AQ)
High Commission of Canada | Haut commissariat du Canada
P.O. Box 1639
42 Independence Ave., Accra, Ghana
Phone | Tél.: +233 (030) 2211521
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by wealth360: 10:20pm On Jul 28, 2017
Mcowubaba:
My problem with this Canadian thread is that, after people are helped and eventually across over to Canada, the become too busy or less interested in the thread.

The mostly won't come back to share their knowledge, and experience.

This is not good, some even deactivate their account after benefiting from the goodwill of numerous Nairalanders.
Some of us that manage to stick around gets discouraged.

I know difference in time zones affects our effective Communication with Nairalanders in Nigeria, but at least we should make out time to come back to threads like this and help as much as possible.

I have stuck with Traveling to Canada thread since part 8, despite getting all the information I needed at that time, I still try to come around sometimes to see what's going on.
I'm no guru or anything

I sincerely hope the next batch of TRV Successful people here will not run away from this thread..
Keep the love flowing.
By God's grace I will stand till the end. Senior man. We shall see when you come back.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 10:23pm On Jul 28, 2017
holaturnji:
Good evening house, please I need the gurus on this one. A couple applied for Canadian student visa ( the wife being the primary applicant) but the husband had earlier applied for US Visa a year before and he was denied. on filling the application form for the Canadian visa , in the part where they ask if you have been denied entry into Canada he answered no because he has never applied​ for Canadian visa before but he mistakenly didn't​ answer the part where he was asked if he had been denied visa to any other country correctly. He got a mail from the embassy in Accra to explain why he didn't mention that he was denied US Visa in the application. He maintains that it was an oversight. Nothing was sent to the primary applicant ( wife). Kindly help on this
Nothing ofcourse will be sent to his wife because she answered the question accordingly. Each application form is meant for an individual's Information and each question is applicable to the individual and not subject to the other applicant( primary or dependant) especially where the applicant is not a minor.

He will have to respond to the embassy on why he concealed the information. There is actually no template on how to respond but i'd say that he should be honest as possible and give reasons truthfully. They may soft-pedal on the consequencies.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mcowubaba: 10:26pm On Jul 28, 2017
wealth360:
By God's grace I will stand till the end. Senior man. We shall see when you come back.
I trust you boss, will surely see you soonest.
Thanks

CanadianNurse:
University of Manitoba sir
That's lovely, nice school.
We will talk more when you arrive in Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 10:28pm On Jul 28, 2017
Kwamentim3:
Please on the issue of misrepresentation, what if the applicant indicated on CIC form that he/she has been refused a visa before but do not mention the number of times of refusal(eg.4 times) can that amount to misrepresentation?
Not likely. Most important thing is that you checked the box and atleast gave a detail of the refusal not necessarily the number of times refused. They will still find out. Actually, that question of being refused a visa is a 'credibility test'..it also forms part of an overall assessment of an application. IRCC still have their standard procedure of processing an application. Even the offer letter submitted i understand is verified.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by MrMarc: 10:28pm On Jul 28, 2017
Oben209:

Academic documents
2. Secondary school leaving certificate
3. Secondary school notification of result
4. Industrial training (I.T) employment letter
5. To whom letter from the company I did I.T with
6. University certificate
7. My Department in university To whom letter
8. Nysc discharge cert
9. Ministry posting letter ,indicating department I served
10. CIPM admissionn letter
11. CIPM transcripts

Financial documents

12. Statement of account personal with over 700 k and 1.6 m gift deed towards first term tuition
13. Affidavit from sponsor
14. Affidavit for gift deed saying the first term
money has been deposit into his sons account
15. Sponsors account with over 10 m in cash and debit and credit of about 30 m
16. C of O
17. Proof of source of income of sponsor
18. Tax receipt of sponsor

Background documents
1. Birth certificate
19. Police clearance doc
21. State identification form
22. Passport page
23. Statement of purpose

Home tie
20. CAC
In my statement of account I have a fixed deposit does that also qualify as home tie

Please is there any thin I migh have omitted here ..

You have to work on your home tie..you have non.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 10:33pm On Jul 28, 2017
Austinpee4:

Emmm, i've been having difficulty accesing my email account for nairaland. So i can't guarantee that this issue will be resolved in time for you to get a response from me before monday. Please, do well to send a PM to a couple of people here that you feel can help you. I really would have helped review your SOP. Current situation may not allow for a timely response from me. My apologies.

No problem I will definitely don't give any body my SOP...but only depend on God for my Approval...Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Kwamentim3: 10:33pm On Jul 28, 2017
Austinpee4:

Not likely. Most important thing is that you checked the box and atleast gave a detail of the refusal not necessarily the number of times refused. They will still find out. Actually, that question of being refused a visa is a 'credibility test'..it also forms part of an overall assessment of an application.

Thanks for this clarification. My friend got scared cause he thought it would amount to misrepresentation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by DaRealman1: 10:35pm On Jul 28, 2017
MrMarc:

What then do you classify as home tie?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 28, 2017
thesoj:

Abeg forgive my long post grin

Interesting opinion & experience. For me, the west (at least the US) is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy less stressful than home. I agree that some Nigerians have it better in Naija than if they went abroad, but this is a minuscule minority (usually the well-connected, the corrupt, or the even rarer few who can make it big without being corrupt).

I also agree with you that many people want to move back to Naija in their latter years; but then the thing is that there other fantastic places like parts of the Caribbean and other parts of Africa (e.g. Mauritius, Cape Verde, even part of calm Senegal sef) that one could move to in those latter years.

I love the Nigerian never-say-die spirit, but as a student of history I keep reminding myself that while I'm Nigerian, I shouldn't forget that Nigeria is an artificial invention by Europeans. The distance between my hometown and Accra is shorter than the distance between my hometown and Maiduguri; I say this to illustrate the fact that home can be what we want to define it to be.

There are many good things about Naija that I miss, but for me those are considerably outweighed by living in a place where I am able to live up to close to my potential as a human, and still aspire for much more.

I would encourage people to imagine & construct how they would make a good living if they had to come back to Naija after studying in Canada (don't forget to communicate this to the VO, this blueprint may come in handy if you don't get PR!). I also feel that the world is now a small village and the concept of home is beginning to be more expansive.

I would finally like to add that those of us Nigerians who go abroad should not forget to help others back home to reach their potential, by constructively investing in individuals or profitable ideas at home.

you are wise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 10:47pm On Jul 28, 2017
Mcowubaba:

I trust you boss, will surely see you soonest.
Thanks

That's lovely, nice school.
We will talk more when you arrive in Canada.
no p

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 28, 2017
jnyuwa02:

I agree the west is no less under Satan's bondage than Nigeria. I actually find the Nigerian environment more wholesome than the west. The west might not be mired in witchcraft and black magic like Nigeria, they are under a different bondage: sex slavery and hedonism. Satan is the Prince of this world be better aligning yourself with God so that when your time is up in this world, you will go to heaven to be with the Lord. This is the most important preparation in life. Preparing for Canada while important, is not even close in importance in comparison to preparing for where you spend eternity.

AMEN

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 10:52pm On Jul 28, 2017
bbclue:

No problem I will definitely don't give any body my SOP...but only depend on God for my Approval...Thanks
Ma'am, you may want to reconsider this. There may be a thing or two that your SOP didn't highlight that another person may point out. I still think you should allow a second person go through it. Even if it's your friend, family or somebody close or even somebody you don't really know. A little thing like a typographical or grammatical error could be noticed by a second eye. Just my opinion though. I wish i can help before you submit on monday. But if you insist on submitting it that way, fine,

All the best in your application.

Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jul 28, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Do you tell this to everyone that gives you an element of truth, cos I have seen you repeat it to at least a couple monikers here.

I'm sorry for being very rude to you. Please forgive me, I wrote with anger and pain in my heart. I should have responded with maturity. Once again, i'm sorry.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Oben209(f): 10:58pm On Jul 28, 2017
MrMarc:

What about including a CAC which is registered in my name
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by hallasheyi92: 11:00pm On Jul 28, 2017
MrMarc:

But what can one use as home ties?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 11:00pm On Jul 28, 2017
TRUEPATRIOTLOVE:

I'm sorry for being very rude to you. Please forgive me, I wrote with anger and pain in my heart. I should have responded with maturity. Once again, i'm sorry.

It's a privilege bro. Don't even worry about it, it's all good.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Oben209(f): 11:02pm On Jul 28, 2017
hallasheyi92:

But what can one use as home ties?

Please give examples of home ties
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 28, 2017
Moley22:

Jnyuwa02 posts are educative too... pple shudnt come on here to vent on anyone due to CICs pressure...Courtesy is being respectful even to the faceless forums...No thread is been derailed honestly...Talking about CIC all day is no fun, Let there be spice!!!(atleast relative to the main topic) Educative arguments but not confusing to readers..Everyone is here to learn, one *line/sentence* can add an immeasurable value to a soul....
Drops mic* lemme comman be going sef

yeah..i made a terrible mistake....i wish i could apologize to him face to face. I can't believe i can mess up like this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 28, 2017
jnyuwa02:

It's a privilege bro. Don't even worry about it, it's all good.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by RAY12345(m): 11:18pm On Jul 28, 2017
Austinpee4:
. The VO is under such control and his/her discretion can as well work in our favour even when we feel we have or have not submitted the best possible applications. No two applications are the same. Let's just do our part well enough!

Our effort will never be in vain.

Big Amen to d prayer. That's my personal TRV doctor/researcher

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maralina: 11:22pm On Jul 28, 2017
aliACCA:

did they tell u in their reply they will attend to it shortly or sent u this autoreply ?? shocked

they told me in their reply; they'll attend to it shortly!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Abiodunne: 11:36pm On Jul 28, 2017
maralina:

they told me in their reply; they'll attend to it shortly!

In my own case it was just the automated reply I got and nothing else.

- Original Message to ACCRA (IMMIGRATION) /Message d’origine à ACCRA (IMMIGRATION) -----
We will review your message shortly. If the information requested is available on our websites or your application is still within standard processing times, we will not provide a response to your message.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 11:57pm On Jul 28, 2017
Abiodunne:

In my own case it was just the automated reply I got and nothing else.

- Original Message to ACCRA (IMMIGRATION) /Message d’origine à ACCRA (IMMIGRATION) -----
We will review your message shortly. If the information requested is available on our websites or your application is still within standard processing times, we will not provide a response to your message.
bro keep sending ooo, remind them to do their job.... Your trv is getting to 1yr... Even human being NA 9months cry

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Silti: 12:04am On Jul 29, 2017
Good evening house,

Please for those that have already traveled or anyone with experience in these areas, what documents, toiletries, clothes etc would you advice us to carry as we travel to canada. What documents would we need for enrollment and at the border, etc. I have read some comments about the jackets and jeans we should hold and the ones we needn't bother about. But I want clarification especially as to documents for enrollment and foodstuff. Thanks you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by chimah3(m): 12:16am On Jul 29, 2017
DaRealman1:

Many thanks for the response and advice, however, my inlaw sponsoring the programme doesnt mean i cant finance it too. He just want to take up the responsibility while i make sufficient provision fro my family while away. I agree with you that it makes no sense going to Canada to study when there are opportunities to do so in Nigeria, however, you didnt take cognizance of the in-depth training in Canada, the duration and of course the work experience it provides unlike Nigeria where you can only get such training for few days. There is quite a lot of difference if you understand what i mean.

Again, thanks you so much for the observation, contribution and advice. I look forward to your further review.

I totally get you. But the important question is...will the Visa officer understand from your point of view. I usually advise applicants that 'If any part of your application doesn't add up in your head, chances that it wouldn't to the VO is high'.

With your years of experience and what you intend to achieve with the training you are applying for, I think it is only proper to act as your sponsor! Leave family issue of who will cater for your family in your absence. You will sort that out happily when your successfully collect your visa!

About the program you are going for, it is left to you to convince the visa officer in your letter of explanation why you are going to spend so much on an international degree and why you have chosen to not study in your home country! You need to do a lot of work and research on this letter and explain everything in full details and facts to back up your claims!

I wish you all the best! Feel free to share on this thread any issues you may encounter in your application process. We are one big happy family!!! grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Beyy: 12:30am On Jul 29, 2017
maralina:

I did last week; they said they'll attend to it shortly.. I'm still hoping

So does this mean that cic doesnt attend to people's applications anymore until you practically beg tgem to do so. This their system is really discouraging. Seriously. I know someone whose application was just 7 weeks and was updated. He'll be getting his trv by next week...hopefully. I don't know if they now select applications randomly. Na wa o. God help us
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Yomalicious(f): 3:20am On Jul 29, 2017
marvel4love:
Hello good people of NL, please has anyone being able to submit at VFS office either Abuja or Lagos without submitting your passport. I don't want to go online route cos I have quite a number of paper documents to submit but I don't want to submit my passport cos I will be needing it and it's kind of urgent and important I have it with me. Thanks

You can request to keep your passport. Ask the VFS staff that would direct you

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.