Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (825860 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by justwise(m): 10:00am On Jul 28, 2017
I want to post this without quoting anybody because this is a general point about living abroad and returning home after studying.

Let me just say this without any reservation.. If you see an opportunity to stay back LEGALLY? Please please and please TAKE IT!!

Forget about all this ..no place like home bla bla bla. Yes there are a lot of places like home.

Home is where you feel at home, happy, and relatively secured. Nigeria is our home by default but that can change at any time you find another place you feel happier to settle in.

You experience racism abroad and in Nigeria you face tribalism, nepotism etc and it goes unchecked.

Living abroad doesn't mean that you can't build houses in Nigeria or afford organic food.

Having the right to live lawfully abroad gives you that flexibility in life, so if you see one grab it with two hands.

Not everyone makes it abroad or in Nigeria, settle where you hit your jackpot, that is your home

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kingvicx(m): 10:04am On Jul 28, 2017
justwise:
I want to post this without quoting anybody because this is a general point about living abroad and returning home after studying.

Let me just say this without any reservation.. If you see an opportunity to stay back LEGALLY? Please please and please TAKE IT!!

Forget about all this ..no place like home bla bla bla. Yes there are a lot of places like home.

Home is where you feel at home, happy, and relatively secured. Nigeria is our home by default but that can change at any time you find another place you feel happier to settle in.

You experience racism abroad and in Nigeria you face tribalism, nepotism etc and it goes unchecked.

Living abroad doesn't mean that you can't build houses in Nigeria or afford organic food.

Having the right to live lawfully abroad gives you that flexibility in life, so if you see one grab it with two hands.

Not everyone makes it abroad or in Nigeria, settle where you hit your jackpot, that is your home

My Bros that's awesome jare.
But my problem is how to state it in one's SOP? Looks like they expect you to return to naija..what if you don't have that intention, what do you write?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by gowaga68: 10:11am On Jul 28, 2017
justwise:

true and well said.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by justwise(m): 10:14am On Jul 28, 2017
kingvicx:

My Bros that's awesome jare.
But my problem is how to state it in one's SOP? Looks like they expect you to return to naija. .what if you don't have that intention, what do you write?

Where is that stated as part of student visa requirements by Canadian embassy?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 10:17am On Jul 28, 2017
justwise:

I have been wanting to say this but I no get strength for argument
To each one his/her own

There's no general rule, everyone does things according what they feels is best for them and they have the right to do so

Ever wondered why even your Nigerian leaders send their children abroad? A country where 1person obliged to refund $90 billion dollars liquid cash of looted funds... With all that money her household none dey naija!
Ever wondered why the president of your "home" had to be treated and UK and since then feels more at home there?

TThere's no general rule!

LLet everyone suit themselves like it's prom #PunInteded

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 10:22am On Jul 28, 2017
CanadianNurse:
I have been wanting to say this but I no get strength for argument
To each one his/her own

There's no general rule, everyone does things according what they feels is best for them and they have the right to do so

Ever wondered why even your Nigerian leaders send their children abroad? A country where 1person obliged to refund $90 billion dollars liquid cash of looted funds... With all that money her household none dey naija!
Ever wondered why the president of your "home" had to be treated and UK and since then feels more at home there?

TThere's no general rule!

LLet everyone suit themselves like it's prom #PunInteded

Boss, please send me a mail as per that our deal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Icandor: 10:23am On Jul 28, 2017
@ CPA01,losas,boninho and Canadian nurse,

Sorry, I haven't replied. I don't know how this pm thing works.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by willyboss: 10:43am On Jul 28, 2017
Just reply the mail. That's all!
Icandor:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by DaRealman1: 10:57am On Jul 28, 2017
Dear All,

First, I appreciate you for this forum. Information shared have been very valuable and helpful. However, I have a perculiar case that requires advice from all members.

I am in my early forties and planning on retirement to float a consulting firm in IT. To achieve this i intend pursuing a professional programme (ACS) in Montreal for 12 months (programme comes with internship) then acquire relevant work experience there for one year after graduation before returning home to set up my firm. My inlaw has agreed to sponsor the study whether full or part.

I have applied for my CAQ and have it approved, i intend applying for my Study visa. What do you think are the required documents required for this? What do you think are my chances of getting the TRV approved? How long does it take to get decision on Study permit? Can I do upfrot medical, if yes, what's the advantage/disadvantage? I had deferred my admission from October 2017 to Febraury 2018 before of the slight delay in CAQ approval. Do you think February will be a good time to visit Canada considering the tough temperature during winter?

I kook forward to your response.

Darealman1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 10:59am On Jul 28, 2017
maziude:

Boss, please send me a mail as per that our deal.
ok sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CaptainCanny: 11:14am On Jul 28, 2017
I have never experienced racism or segregation in any country that I have been to like I have in Nigeria. Just like Justwise rightly said, home is where we make it to be. Some times we find that, we are closer to friends than members of our family, that is because we chose our friends, we didn't choose our family though we love them anyway. When you choose a country as your home and the country in turn chooses you(Oh stubborn Canada, when are you going to choose me back! lol), we can end up loving that country even more than our country of birth and there is absolutely nothing wrong in that. When some persons say they will never come back to Nigeria after they leave, please give them a break, they are just been overly dramatic, probably because of their present circumstance(s) and don't truly mean it. Pardon my sermon please; The Bible says, if your left hand causes you to sin, chop it off, what is wrong in cutting off Nigeria grin to live in a place where hard work is appreciated?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 11:14am On Jul 28, 2017
Icandor:

just reply that mail notifying you about the pm, or better still drop your email here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kingvicx(m): 11:16am On Jul 28, 2017
DaRealman1:
Dear All,

First, I appreciate you for this forum. Information shared have been very valuable and helpful. However, I have a perculiar case that requires advice from all members.

I am in my early forties and planning on retirement to float a consulting firm in IT. To achieve this i intend pursuing a professional programme (ACS) in Montreal for 12 months (programme comes with internship) then acquire relevant work experience there for one year after graduation before returning home to set up my firm. My inlaw has agreed to sponsor the study whether full or part.

I have applied for my CAQ and have it approved, i intend applying for my Study visa. What do you think are the required documents required for this? What do you think are my chances of getting the TRV approved? How long does it take to get decision on Study permit? Can I do upfrot medical, if yes, what's the advantage/disadvantage? I had deferred my admission from October 2017 to Febraury 2018 before of the slight delay in CAQ approval. Do you think February will be a good time to visit Canada considering the tough temperature during winter?

I kook forward to your response.

Darealman1

To know about study permit application and everything you need, go to [https://www.nairaland.com/3649314/canadian-student-visa-thread-part]
You can do upfront Medical... either at qlife or student practice...you'll know more when you go through that thread part 12.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 11:16am On Jul 28, 2017
TRUEPATRIOTLOVE:

That you didn't make it over there does not mean others can't make it over there. Your destiny is not attached to the destiny of others. That i'm looking for a great country to stay doesn't take Africa away from me.

Do you tell this to everyone that gives you an element of truth, cos I have seen you repeat it to at least a couple monikers here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 11:17am On Jul 28, 2017
Hello bosses,

I think coming back or not after studies is all based on individual perception and goals.
If you feel coming back is going help you achieve your goal, then by all means come back.

If you feel staying over will help you achieve your goals, stay. But, if you are staying back, please do so legally.

It aint really about "no place like home", it is all about how comfortable you are at "home" be it Nigeria or anywhere else.

Personally, (for now)Nigeria is not where I want to be right now not because of the terrain and uncertainty (well some of the reasons), but because my goals will be better achieved outside Nigeria at the moment. So, coming back when I finish aint an option.

I lived in China for 3 years and I felt what racism is all about but then I came out top 2 in my class and got lots of recognitions and commendations (all thanks to God)but came out top 3 during my undergraduate days in Naija and all the lecturers told was "una get luck". So, I would say, if you really want to make it, racism, tribalism, nepotism and the like aint gonna stop you except you let them.

Finally, the fact that I am not in Nigeria does not mean I have not been contrubuting my own bits too to Nigeria's growth(even though na small small, but i dey try).
But like @justwise said, "settle where you hit your jackpot, that is your home".

My opinion...
It will end in praises...

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kingvicx(m): 11:19am On Jul 28, 2017
maziude:
Hello bosses,

I think coming back or not after studies is all based on individual perception and goals.
If you feel coming back is going help you achieve your goal, then by all means come back.

If you feel staying over will help you achieve your goals, stay. But, if you are staying back, please do so legally.

It aint really about "no place like home", it is all about how comfortable you are at "home" be it Nigeria or anywhere else.

Personally, (for now)Nigeria is not where I want to be right now not because of the terrain and uncertainty (well some of the reasons), but because my goals will be better achieved outside Nigeria at the moment. So, coming back when I finish aint an option.

I lived in China for 3 years and I felt what racism is all about but then I came out top 2 in my class and got lots of recognitions and commendations (all thanks to God)but came out top 3 during my undergraduate days in Naija and all the lecturers told was "una get luck". So, I would say, if you really want to make it, racism, tribalism, nepotism and the like aint gonna stop you except you let them.

Finally, the fact that I am not in Nigeria does not mean I have not been contrubuting my own bits too to Nigeria's growth(even though na small small, but i dey try).
But like @justwise said, "settle where you hit your jackpot, that is your home".

My opinion...

AMEN.
That's insightful. Thanks sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 11:21am On Jul 28, 2017
maziude:
Hello bosses,

My opinion...
check your mail sir I have sent it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by McOsheBaba(m): 11:29am On Jul 28, 2017
I have been on this thread for a while now and from my studies on all the approved and unapproved profiles, I have come to the conclusion that there is not actually hard-rule on how to apply for a study visa. Some people with the best of profiles have been rejected while some with weak profiles were approved.
When you do the necessary things you are expected to do and submit your application, you just wait and pray to God. Some people may call it Luck but I call it Grace.
So. lets just be praying that it turns out well for all of us!
Eat Sha Hen Hin Plaise!

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 11:29am On Jul 28, 2017
Please @mcowubaba which province are you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 11:47am On Jul 28, 2017
justwise:

I agree with you. There is no rule of thump to it. Home is where you have made it to be, your perception, your experience and ultimately the quality and value of life that is satiable for you. Geographical location will only help hone these experience in systemic nature and will never define what home truly is. The individual does!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by marvel4love: 12:40pm On Jul 28, 2017
Hello good people of NL, please has anyone being able to submit at VFS office either Abuja or Lagos without submitting your passport. I don't want to go online route cos I have quite a number of paper documents to submit but I don't want to submit my passport cos I will be needing it and it's kind of urgent and important I have it with me. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Cscd1234: 12:46pm On Jul 28, 2017
I do think that if you're submitting via paper route, then you must submit your passport. I stand to be corrected, but why don't you contact the vfs to make sure?

marvel4love:
Hello good people of NL, please has anyone being able to submit at VFS office either Abuja or Lagos without submitting your passport. I don't want to go online route cos I have quite a number of paper documents to submit but I don't want to submit my passport cos I will be needing it and it's kind of urgent and important I have it with me. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by willyboss: 1:17pm On Jul 28, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 1:20pm On Jul 28, 2017
justwise:

Once you spend a significant time abroad and become educated, there will be a paradigm shift. The worth of an education is not only about where you hit "your jackpot." It's about where you can make contributions the most and touch lives. Nigeria is that place. I find it noteworthy that what you will be remembered for and what is important in life, is not the comfort you successfully build for yourself, but the difference you make on a day to day basis in the life of others. Please let us avoid this brain drain syndrome and get an education and come back home and help build our father's land. We complain that Nigeria is not good, not realizing we are part of the problem, going to develop other people's country where no matter how accomplished and number of citizenship paper we acquire, we will always be "the Nigerian" to them. Please get the citizenship for the flexibility it offers, but the fact has never been disproven all through ages, "there is no place like home." It is for no small reason, even Joseph the patriarch of old, attaining the second to the highest position in Egypt, asked that his bones be returned to his home country. Nigeria is the only place you can be president and be really respected and never be watching behind your back. Wherever you go, don't forget home, come back and make a difference. If we all run away, who will develop? Be the change you want to see in the world. Shikenah!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by wealth360: 1:29pm On Jul 28, 2017
Cscd1234:
I do think that if you're submitting via paper route, then you must submit your passport. I stand to be corrected, but why don't you contact the vfs to make sure?

yes you will be corrected. If you the paper route you will be required to submit your passport with your application. That's the norms for paper route.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bayocanny: 1:29pm On Jul 28, 2017
bbclue:

For sure you can use your HND to gain admission in canada just do some research from thread 1 to 13 read through..........I use my HND to gain admission into undergraduate study
You use your HND to gain admission into undergraduate study?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by sunvick(m): 1:40pm On Jul 28, 2017
Hello Mr,

I like your perspective, but I will like to know;

1 Can you share with the house what you have been able to do in your area in Nigeria since you got back from the US to improve or advance humanity.
2. What change, idea, or new shift in our society have you initiated or advocated for?

jnyuwa02:

Once you spend a significant time abroad and become educated, there will be a paradigm shift. The worth of an education is not only about where you hit "your jackpot." It's about where you can make contributions the most and touch lives. Nigeria is that place. I find it noteworthy that what you will be remembered for and what is important in life, is not the comfort you successfully build for yourself, but the difference you make on a day to day basis. Please let us avoid this brain drain syndrome and get an education and come back home and help build our father's land. We complain that Nigeria is not good, not realizing we are part of the problem, going to develop other people's country where no matter how accomplished and number of citizenship paper we get, we would always be "the Nigerian" to them. Please get the citizenship for the flexibility it offers, but the fact has never been disproven all through ages, "there is no place like home." It is for no small reason, even Joseph the patriarch of old, attaining the second to the highest position in Egypt, asked that his bones be returned to his home country. Nigeria is the only place you can be president and be really respected and never be watching behind your back. Wherever you go, don't forget home, come back and make a difference. If we all run away, who will develop? Be the change you want to see in the world.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 1:43pm On Jul 28, 2017
sunvick:
Hello Mr,

I like your perspective, but I will like to know;

1 Can you share with the house what you have been able to do in your area in Nigeria since you got back from the US to improve or advance humanity.
2. What change, idea, or new shift in our society have you initiated or advocated for?

grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 28, 2017
McOsheBaba:
I have been on this thread for a while now and from my studies on all the approved and unapproved profiles, I have come to the conclusion that there is not actually hard-rule on how to apply for a study visa. Some people with the best of profiles have been rejected while some with weak profiles were approved.
When you do the necessary things you are expected to do and submit your application, you just wait and pray to God. Some people may call it Luck but I call it Grace.
So. lets just be praying that it turns out well for all of us!
Eat Sha Hen Hin Plaise!

I mean going by that logic some people pray and don't get approved, some people don't pray and get approved. Everyone should focus on submitting the best application they can and be realistic.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 1:54pm On Jul 28, 2017
To whom it may concern

On behalf of my fellow silent readers who don't have anything to say but read and learn.

Pls let's continue with the topic of this thread and forget HOME matter.

There was a time the room was tensed now it's getting cool but notwithstanding, we enjoy the thread and whoever wants to talk about Home or Home tie should visit the appropriate thread or better still anybody or even Justwise can share the link so that whoever wish can join such forum.

Thank u!!

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maygreaves(m): 2:08pm On Jul 28, 2017
olugere:
Good to u all I greet u.

pls, am researching school where 3rd class in industrial chemistry can do PGD in education in Canada. she wants to divert to education due to her passion and experience in nursery school education/Montessori

Check Lambton and Niagara....the only schools i know that allow that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 2:16pm On Jul 28, 2017
You have spoken well @guzenaira, we have better things to discuss and info to pass on than this where is home and where isn't home. We all have our personal reasons for wanting to travel to Canada and since it's personal let's leave it at that. NB: ABEG MAKE WE KNOW USE THE WHOLE 500 PAGES OF THIS THREAD DISCUSS WHERE IS HOME AND WHERE ISN'T HOME.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.