Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,572 members, 7,816,406 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (827915 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 10:38pm On Aug 21, 2017
imoriafe:
[thanks for the advice... quote author=guzenaira post=59701357]
Dear all,

@imoriafe and @matic12, let's be very careful with informations we share over here.

Kindly remove your draft SOP, and be more security conscious when uploading your gcms files.

I sometimes shook my head in silence when I see Pple dropping their mobile numbers and forgot to remember that there are scammers here who only wait for strong opportunity in weak minded pple in other to dupe them of their hard earned millions, particularly where the only thing that his more pronounced here is transfer of funds.

Let's be guided and very careful.

We have good pple here and scammers as well.

Smh

You are welcome, we have very good pple here who you can have a personal chat with. A very good example is @Austinpee4, but if he's too busy you can always see other pple with their response towards questions that looks much like yours and from there you build the relationship. Just read and study the thread carefully,then you will see more experienced pple who can help you.

It is well.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by vickspider(f): 11:07pm On Aug 21, 2017
MeinKampf:

Hi. Pls when did you apply for your admission for winter? Because I also applied to Concordia since May for winter 2018 but yet to get any admission decision from them.

Hello dear, i applied in April and corresponded with the school, submitted IELTS, sent transcripts from school, applied online and paid for the admission fees of 100CAD, then left the rest for GOD.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by excelrapheal: 11:15pm On Aug 21, 2017
Beyy:

No..It was in my online account

Is it the letter that is attached when u are requested to submit your original passport?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by victory2017: 11:46pm On Aug 21, 2017
imoriafe:
guys pls look at this SOP sample and analyse for me.. i didnt include the introductory paragraph.... (priv)

Owing to my background of undergraduate studies one will take it has confusing to want to pursue such a program, however from my working experience in a technology driven institution, I have discovered that to a great extent, I could be somewhat limited in career advancement especially with my current job. My current job descriptions expects me to be apt and knowledgeable in both basic and advanced IT skills in terms of banking systems and operations and general technological trends for example, ATM management (in terms of cash and system balancing, ATM maintenance to ensure all parts are fully functional and ), financial analysis, computation of customer database, handling of customer transactions through system software posting applications, POS transactions and reconciliations, vault/system management, supervisory roles to mention but a few. Currently my office keeps deploying new system soft wares and applications which surprisingly are created from senior colleagues that have expanded their knowledge in IT and software applications to an extent they have become consultants not just to zenith bank but to other companies in need of software instalment, management and repairs. For the sake of career advancement and latest trends in technology advancement in my country, I had to go in search of a suitable program to give me an edge amongst my colleagues. That was when I came across the program, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS

@imoriafe. this is a good one but let each paragraph has a caption or heading, this will make the reading interesting & not boring E.g

1. Brief intro abt urself, education & stuff

2. Why Information Tech. Solution

3. Why Canada & not Nigeria to undertake the program

4. Why Humber

5. Financial Qualifications & Assets

6. Future plans or wat to d wt the knowledge acquired upon return to Nigeria

Note:. Your SOP already answered these questions but just draw them down under each caption.

Wish you success. Am not a guru oo but a silent learner cum observer on this platform.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Abiodunne: 12:00am On Aug 22, 2017
aliACCA:
Please the following applicants should confirm whether or not they have heard CIC and any attempt made in contacting CIC so far?:

1. Abiodunne
2. Ayos16
3. Yamen21
4. Vinci500
5. Kof99
6. Proxy
7. Akanmu2013
8. Trexxbanks
9. Maxicon
10. Kprake9
11. Ozzy 2
12. Kranjar
13. newman1010
14. tysaxmalomo

Thanks in anticipation of ur responses

No reply yet. I have sent countless mails still no reply

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by aliACCA: 12:09am On Aug 22, 2017
Abiodunne:

thanks bro for ur feedback..ur case is beyond comprehension embarassed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arebo: 12:15am On Aug 22, 2017
@Abiodunne....do you have a misrepresentation case Sorry to ask, just wondering since oct 16, you will surely receive good news. Amen & to all WE the hopefuls too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Abiodunne: 12:25am On Aug 22, 2017
Arebo:
@Abiodunne....do you have a misrepresentation case Sorry to ask, just wondering since oct 16, you will surely receive good news. Amen & to all WE the hopefuls too

Yea I had the misrepresentation tin but I explained to them and I was sent medical mail and then later sent another mail request for proof of tuition payment and funds which I have replied since May 29
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 1:28am On Aug 22, 2017
Abiodunne:

Yea I had the misrepresentation tin but I explained to them and I was sent medical mail and then later sent another mail request for proof of tuition payment and funds which I have replied since May 29

Since May 29 is a long time!!! What kind of misrepresentation was it? The normal you refused to tick yes about denial of a USA visa application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arebo: 1:29am On Aug 22, 2017
Abiodunne:

It is well, you will surely tell your positive story.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 1:33am On Aug 22, 2017
victory2017:

I agree, but feel free to be creative, headers don't have to follow a particular order and SOP should be concise and to the point. You are better working with one or two people vetting your SOP than a crowd by posting here. Too many cooks spoils the broth.

@imoriafe. this is a good one but let each paragraph has a caption or heading, this will make the reading interesting & not boring E.g

4. Why Humber

Note:. Your SOP already answered these questions but just draw them down under each caption.

Wish you success. Am not a guru oo but a silent learner cum observer on this platform.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 1:34am On Aug 22, 2017
victory2017:

4. Why Humber

I agree, but feel free to be creative, headers don't have to follow a particular order and SOP should be concise, straight and to the point. You are better working with one or two people vetting your SOP privately than a crowd by posting here. "Too many cooks" they say, "spoils the broth."

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by trexxbanks(m): 4:40am On Aug 22, 2017
Abiodunne:

No reply yet , its hard bur i gave up already since March... mail upon mail upon mail...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by trexxbanks(m): 4:41am On Aug 22, 2017
aliACCA:
Please the following applicants should confirm whether or not they have heard CIC and any attempt made in contacting CIC so far?:

1. Abiodunne
2. Ayos16
3. Yamen21
4. Vinci500
5. Kof99
6. Proxy
7. Akanmu2013
8. Trexxbanks
9. Maxicon
10. Kprake9
11. Ozzy 2
12. Kranjar
13. newman1010
14. tysaxmalomo

Thanks in anticipation of ur responses

No reply yet , its hard bur i gave up already since March... mail upon mail upon mail...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by TempusQ(m): 5:19am On Aug 22, 2017
Hello guys,
Hope the "wait" or "gathering of documents" is not too bad. It'll will surely end in praise.

I need assistance with address of the usual police station in Lagos for police check ASAP.

I was once in this thread before I channeled my resources to another country.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by imoriafe: 6:44am On Aug 22, 2017
God bless you victory n juynuwa... Thanks for the advice... You guys r great... Will make d necessary corrections... Thanks so much guys....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by imoriafe: 6:51am On Aug 22, 2017
How do u remove a post.. Pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by aliACCA: 7:21am On Aug 22, 2017
imoriafe:
How do u remove a post.. Pls

u cannot remove a post but u can modify it. Click on modify and replace ur post with a dot (.) or any letter

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Abiodunne: 7:45am On Aug 22, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Since May 29 is a long time!!! What kind of misrepresentation was it? The normal you refused to tick yes about denial of a USA visa application?

Yea I was refused US visa in 2005. I was 15 yrs old then. Dad was the principal applicant
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by loveson(m): 7:50am On Aug 22, 2017
Hello Guys. I need help please - I have received admission offer from a Canadian University, I would like to pursue it but they are asking me to study English Language in the University first for 3 months before formal academic session starts which would cost about CAD$3,000. 1) Do you think it's wise to spend that much to do English there? 2) I have not been working for about 8 months now because our project was successfully completed, waiting for another one, but until then, how would this impact on the visa process, or there a way around it?

Cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ctrlunlimited: 7:59am On Aug 22, 2017
LightandDarkness:
Online applicants, when did you get your letter of introduction? My passport is ready for collection after passport request but not received my letter of introduction, did you get it by mail or my CIC?

Chief pls, I need tips on how you were able to send like five (5) to ten (10) mails a day to potential supervisors; considering the fact that you had to research about them, read through some of their publications and many more. Presently, am only able to do two(2) a day due to the workload.

You can contact me on anna.edike@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:18am On Aug 22, 2017
Abiodunne:

Yea I was refused US visa in 2005. I was 15 yrs old then. Dad was the principal applicant

You will prevail God willing. It's getting to a year now, that is serious. Why it is taking so long and no reply to your emails is so beyond the life of me. I will keep sending them an email weekly if I were you till they respond. They are always playing with people's intelligence. The other day they denied someone twice and the third time that he applied, they refused to act on his application and just when he asked them to withdraw his application, that he has gotten a scholarship and visa to go to the UK, the same day they approved his Canadian visa application. Some said they see it as a case of something they decided since and his email only coincidentally tallied with the day approval notification was sent, I see it the opposite way around. I see it as a case of playing with people's intelligence. We like to think it as us playing their intelligence, but they play with people's intelligence too all the time. This is an intelligence and psychological business they are into, for better or worse. That said, maybe don't even send them email weekly before they tag you as desperate. God help us with these people.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by VeecThorr(m): 8:43am On Aug 22, 2017
loveson:
Hello Guys. I need help please - I have received admission offer from a Canadian University, I would like to pursue it but they are asking me to study English Language in the University first for 3 months before formal academic session starts which would cost about CAD$3,000. 1) Do you think it's wise to spend that much to do English there? 2) I have not been working for about 8 months now because our project was successfully completed, waiting for another one, but until then, how would this impact on the visa process, or there a way around it?

Cheers

My advice is to take TOEFL/IELTS. Depending on the type of program you're pursuing, you'll only spend a fraction of the fee for the one the University is organizing if you take one of the aforementioned standardized tests.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by loveson(m): 8:51am On Aug 22, 2017
Thanks
VeecThorr:

My advice is to take TOEFL/IELTS. Depending on the type of program you're pursuing. You'll only spend a fraction of the fee for the one the University is organizing if you take one of the aforementioned standardized tests.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 22, 2017
Good morning wonderful people.

Please i will be needing your assistance on my SOP.
I need someone to help me proof read and vet it.

I will be reapplying soon.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 22, 2017
Good morning wonderful people.

Please i will be needing your assistance on my SOP.
I need someone to help me proof read and vet it.

I will be reapplying soon.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by wealth360: 9:22am On Aug 22, 2017
Markab:
Dear all, can I use a statement of account printed on August 31, for an application to be submitted on September 11? Just curious.

Thanks
Yes. Should not be more than 1 month.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by imoriafe: 9:32am On Aug 22, 2017
Pls it compulsory to put my pension statement? Wat if I put that of my sponsor?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by DereI(f): 9:45am On Aug 22, 2017
loveson:

Cheers

I'd rather you spend N68,000 on Ielts and send result to the school after 13days than spend N864,000 to study English language (which you have studied your whole life). Its not worth it

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by humblemoi: 9:45am On Aug 22, 2017
Abiodunne:

Hi @Abiodunne.

While your case is really beyond comprehension, I'd suggest you send an email to this two email addresses.

1. cpc-ctd-ottawa@cic.gc.ca

2. Ahmed.Hussen@parl.gc.ca

An alternative is to order your GCMS notes. There is no harm in doing this. What it does is give you the true state at which your application currently stands. In some cases, it triggers an immigration officer to look for your file and decide on it, should it have been Put Away.

Wishing you the best outcome regardless of the timeline Bro.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 5454Darese: 9:52am On Aug 22, 2017
Abiodunne:

Has your elegibility review started?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Abiodunne: 9:57am On Aug 22, 2017
5454Darese:

Has your elegibility review started?

Yea it has

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.