Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,258 members, 7,818,882 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (828900 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bronze25(f): 8:38am On Aug 21, 2017
Alantobie:
I don't understand this CIC people. My friend told me that she was delayed because of insufficient funds. She paid a year tuition fee, and submitted her dad's statement of account with balance of 20m and she is his only dependant. She said they ticked all three boxes for insufficient funds. It's like they didn't even check her application to find the tuition receipt.
In the last 3weeks, the rate at which they have been denying people's application on grounds of insufficient funds is alarming.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by samjumbo: 8:47am On Aug 21, 2017
Alantobie:
I don't understand this CIC people. My friend told me that she was delayed because of insufficient funds. She paid a year tuition fee, and submitted her dad's statement of account with balance of 20m and she is his only dependant. She said they ticked all three boxes for insufficient funds. It's like they didn't even check her application to find the tuition receipt.
Did her father transfer fund to her account? Was her fathers statement of account a company statement of account? What were the content of her fathers letter to them? Did he spell out the amount he will make available to her? If anyone is sponsoring anybody, they should please transfer the said sponsorship fund to the person account and the person should draw the VO's attention to it. CIC processes are changing daily. Cross all T's and dot all I's.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 21, 2017
mcobex:
Let her order for her gcms note to get the full details of the denial. may God help us

I have told her to do so. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 21, 2017
samjumbo:

Did her father transfer fund to her account? Was her fathers statement of account a company statement of account? What were the content of her fathers letter to them? Did he spell out the amount he will make available to her? If anyone is sponsoring anybody, they should please transfer the said sponsorship fund to the person account and the person should draw the VO's attention to it. CIC processes are changing daily. Cross all T's and dot all I's.

Yes I understand their processes are changing. I would tell her how to repackage her application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ebubedrums001(m): 9:04am On Aug 21, 2017
Should d recipient account be a Canadian account or a Nigeria account?
samjumbo:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ebubedrums001(m): 9:08am On Aug 21, 2017
Also, were they sudden transfer of large sums of cash with those periods d statement was printed out. Learnt u could be denied for that
samjumbo:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ayonet(m): 9:14am On Aug 21, 2017
ebubedrums001:
Different DS-160. Though they were all correct but someone made me see why the information I supplied weren't tallying, so they felt I was lying

They were correct so? Or what were the little mistakes?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 9:22am On Aug 21, 2017
ebubedrums001:
Hello, pls is anyone here staying in surulere (or ogunlana drive, precisely). I wanna have a one on one conversation about Canadian study visa and how to go about it. I dont mind paying grin
Was previously denied US visa about three times ,due to my own mistakes, and I wanna apply for Canadian study visa. I dont wanna make mistakes with the canadian visa.
Thanks y'all
wel dnt giv any bdy money.u can do it ursef i am workin at falolu str surulere..i hope u
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ebubedrums001(m): 9:30am On Aug 21, 2017
They felt it was wrong info I was given.bla bla bla. All this your jamb questions, I Don't seem to get it

ayonet:

They were correct so? Or what were the little mistakes?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Miles490: 9:37am On Aug 21, 2017
Wow. When was she denied? If she applied late they may be denying for any reason even if she's got everything together, so I heard.

Alantobie:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arebo: 10:26am On Aug 21, 2017
Alantobie:

@Alantobie, I think it's not just the balance that is considered, considering this isn't a third party sponsor, they usually request for proof of fund export etc if they want to give trv and feel they need to see the remaining funds made available, maybe there were lump sum deposits or the source of money can't really be traced, moreover I haven't seen anyone asked to send proof Lately because fall is here already, so they might be making decisions based on limited time now, plus CIC should have just put a note out to make people know that if one is using a 3rd party sponsor, deposit should be made into applicants account instead of denying people out rightly because that seems to be the new trend. God help us all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Beyy: 10:38am On Aug 21, 2017
LightandDarkness:
Online applicants, when did you get your letter of introduction? My passport is ready for collection after passport request but not received my letter of introduction, did you get it by mail or my CIC?

I got mine within 24 hours of getting an approval mail. I applied via paper but linked it online. You should do them a mail if you've not gotten yours cos your application was approved a long time ago.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Beyy: 10:46am On Aug 21, 2017
Alantobie:

Hmmm..This is a vry rare case, especially if insufficient funds was their only reason. This is peak period and cic may not take much time going through people's applications. Even mine, I included my tuition fee receipt and they still requested for it. And I'm like what happened to the one I submitted earlier But thank God it turned out positive. I think your friend should tell HR dad to open a dorm account for her and pay in her upkeep fee for a year, in addition to her tution. Then when re applying, she should apply early enough to avoid the whole cic rush. Lastly, let her apply for her gcms note

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jcmikeagbili: 10:49am On Aug 21, 2017
Beyy:

I got mine within 24 hours of getting an approval mail. I applied via paper but linked it online. You should do them a mail if you've not gotten yours cos your application was approved a long time ago.
Good morning ..please I really need help with linking my paper application online. I applied last two months and I haven't heard any response and am suppose to resume school on 5 sept...please my contact is 07032950061 if you don't mind....or anybody that can help me through the process of linking it please brothers...I really runing out of time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jcmikeagbili: 10:50am On Aug 21, 2017
Beyy:

Good morning ..please I really need help with linking my paper application online. I applied last two months and I haven't heard any response and am suppose to resume school on 5 sept...please my contact is 07032950061 if you don't mind....or anybody that can help me through the process of linking it please brothers...I really runing out of time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 21, 2017
Beyy:

Hmmm..This is a vry rare case, especially if insufficient funds was their only reason. This is peak period and cic may not take much time going through people's applications. Even mine, I included my tuition fee receipt and they still requested for it. And I'm like what happened to the one I submitted earlier But thank God it turned out positive. I think your friend should tell HR dad to open a dorm account for her and pay in her upkeep fee for a year, in addition to her tution. Then when re applying, she should apply early enough to avoid the whole cic rush. Lastly, let her apply for her gcms note

Thanks for your advice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by RAY12345(m): 11:04am On Aug 21, 2017
Jcmikeagbili:

Hello, Here are the steps.
(1) Go to this below listed link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Study Permit and extension.
(6) Then select Family name, given name and date of birth option.
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or application form.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill Passport information only and DO NOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
(9) Enter your course start date given on your offer letter exact same as that.
(10) Enter course end date as on offer letter only month and year is given so enter that only don't select the date.
(11) Enter your DLI no. same as given on the offer letter.
(12) Next search for your application.
(13) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(14) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

Regards

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jcmikeagbili: 11:09am On Aug 21, 2017
RAY12345:

Hello, Here are the steps.
(1) Go to this below listed link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Study Permit and extension.
(6) Then select Family name, given name and date of birth option.
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or application form.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill Passport information only and DO NOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
(9) Enter your course start date given on your offer letter exact same as that.
(10) Enter course end date as on offer letter only month and year is given so enter that only don't select the date.
(11) Enter your DLI no. same as given on the offer letter.
(12) Next search for your application.
(13) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(14) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

Regards

Thank you so much. God bless..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Igbouwanile(m): 12:06pm On Aug 21, 2017
Miles490:

Wow. When was she denied? If she applied late they may be denying for any reason even if she's got everything together, so I heard.
This guys state clearly application deadline, I knw the stated that applicant for Fall resumption must have applied before July 1, of the year.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 21, 2017
Beyy:

Thanks for your reply. Did you get a notification when it was sent to your account?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Gabbychioma: 12:36pm On Aug 21, 2017
Pls I want to ask if any one here going for winter session has had his or her study permit approved??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 21, 2017
LightandDarkness:
Original passport request this week

Applied: May 19
Passport request: August 14

Profile:

MSc at University of Alberta with 27K CAD funding.
Previous education: BSc in the same subject with a final GPA of 3.4/4.
No activity since graduation in 2016.
No request for proof of funds.

My application has now been approved and closed.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ichigo77: 12:49pm On Aug 21, 2017
Please anyone here heading to lakehead university, Thunderbay ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Beyy: 1:04pm On Aug 21, 2017
LightandDarkness:

Thanks for your reply. Did you get a notification when it was sent to your account?

Yes I got an email from them. Then I checked my cic account

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 21, 2017
Beyy:

Yes I got an email from them. Then I checked my cic account

I guess I'll wait
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 1:06pm On Aug 21, 2017
ichigo77:
Please anyone here heading to lakehead university, Thunderbay ?

Chai boss.
This your univerity name and location no be here oh. Your degree fit get lightning bolt....
Abeg na joke I dey oh.

But, what would you want from someone going there. That might make them respond faster.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Beyy: 1:06pm On Aug 21, 2017
LightandDarkness:

My application has now been approved and closed.

Light and darkness, we re going to the same school. When do you intend travelling cos school resumes sept 5th. Let me pm you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 1:09pm On Aug 21, 2017
LightandDarkness:

I guess I'll wait

Dont worry boss.

It will come.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ope100(m): 1:20pm On Aug 21, 2017
Today is 21st o! and nothing from CIC till date... sigh
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by McOsheBaba(m): 1:34pm On Aug 21, 2017
Ope100:
Today is 21st o! and nothing from CIC till date... sigh

God dey! Let's keep za faith alive!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ope100(m): 1:39pm On Aug 21, 2017
McOsheBaba:

God dey! Let's keep za faith alive!
Thanks bro. Only GOD!

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.