Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,090 members, 7,852,692 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:38 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (844300 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 8:38pm On Aug 31, 2017
Kowalskiq:

The problem was not that the came for my head, the problem was they were so violent/aggressive about it.

They virtually transferred their life problems to me and my application, what I did, didn't deserve such condemnation.
You need to see how I was lambasted by some frustrated people.
As if it was their application or as if my mail will directly affect their own applications undecided

Anyways, it's all in the past, let's not go back, I will try to keep updating the house on the steps/Timeline of my application
Though I'm rarely online.

You talk with faith like me.
1k credit for you, send me your number, I know it's nothing to you, but I just feel like giving it you.
But if you don't want, no probs. God bless

May God see you through.

And for the bolded above, I can see how elated you are in anticipation of your approval.

My brother/sister, thread softly o before you give out any thing in an exciting mood. Make you no go give out your home tie.

Just kidding!!

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by gbsunmonu: 8:39pm On Aug 31, 2017
Hello Gurus,

Please i need clarification

I got my passport today but i know i cant make this summer cos class starts Sept 5

But i already deferred my admission to Winter , Do i need to send a mail to CIC to inform them or i should go later in the year without sending any mail ?

Thank you guys

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Kowalskiq(m): 8:43pm On Aug 31, 2017
guzenaira:

May God see you through.

And for the bolded above, I can see how elated you are in anticipation of your approval.

My brother/sister, thread softly o before you give out any thing in an exciting mood. Make you no go give out your home tie.

Just kidding!!

All the best.
Hahahahahahaha, Lwkmd grin

I have been taught strictly about making promises/pledges, when I'm too happy or too angry.

Believe me, I'm not overly excited, getting an admission was more exciting than getting this medical request mail.
I stood less chances of getting an admission, you'll not understand.
I'm happy no doubt, but I surely won't give out my Home ties grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by abestine(m): 8:51pm On Aug 31, 2017
guzenaira:

Your mail may not have done the magic but remember they didn't reply your mail based on the information you gave above. Mind you there was a clause in the auto reply you sent which states that
"We will review your message shortly. If the information requested is available on our websites or your application is still within standard processing times, we will not provide a response to your message" if am not mistaken.

Those that you said came for your head are not wrong and you that sent the mail isn't wrong either. Everything is a matter of choice and they only advised you based on their reasoning.

But we thank God it's coming out a success.

All the best sir/ma.

It is God's favour, things some people do and get burnt, some will do and get away... Sending mail after expiration of waiting time may look like desperation to some people, but you bring the applicant shouldn't express you frustration and desperation in your mail, a simple enquiry mail is enough...

My application was submitted on 5th of May too, I didn't hear anything from them till I exceeded the waiting time, I sent several mails to Accra immigration, use the case specific, sent to the honourable minister of immigration ( though I didn't know the mail belonged to him) and I got my medical mails too this week ...

God's favour is all that matters, he will favour all expectants in Jesus name...Ire ooo

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 8:57pm On Aug 31, 2017
abestine:

It is God's favour, things some people do and get burnt, some will do and get away... Sending mail after expiration of waiting time may look like desperation to some people, but you bring the applicant shouldn't express you frustration and desperation in your mail, a simple enquiry mail is enough...

My application was submitted on 5th of May too, I didn't hear anything from them till I exceeded the waiting time, I sent several mails to Accra immigration, use the case specific, sent to the honourable minister of immigration ( though I didn't know the mail belonged to him) and I got my medical mails too this week ...

God's favour is all that matters, he will favour all expectants in Jesus name...Ire ooo

Congrats too.

Now, people may abuse that opportunity and start flooding the honorable minister with incessant mails. Not knowing that that may have not been what worked for you but the grace of God.

We are all entitled to our personal belief and opinions.

God knows best!!

May God perfect the rest for you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 9:07pm On Aug 31, 2017
gbsunmonu:
Hello Gurus,

Please i need clarification

I got my passport today but i know i cant make this summer fall cos class starts Sept 5

But i already deferred my admission to Winter , Do i need to send a mail to CIC to inform them or i should go later in the year without sending any mail ?

Thank you guys
You don't have to inform them. Your TRV is valid till you travel for the winter term.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 9:09pm On Aug 31, 2017
FaithAlive:
Jesus has answered me today today!
Hold onto him and never let go.
Greetings to Austin, CanadianNurse, Soj and Maziude
Approval at last.
Isa. 66:7,8
God of awesome wonder he is.

Congratulation. Happy for you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by VickyRotex(f): 9:17pm On Aug 31, 2017
toludadon:

I applied for industrial engineering. I have only been in touch with Admissions Information Officer and told me decision takes 12 weeks or more. Thanks once more. can I pm you?

Oh okay. I also forgot to ask, If you were coming in for Undergraduate or Masters. Sure no problem, you can send a pm.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ayonet(m): 9:20pm On Aug 31, 2017
vanod:

No to the bolded, just your info go to the website you will see how u do it.

Please can I have ur email or number ? I need to apply for gcms note asap
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Vickenny: 9:29pm On Aug 31, 2017
Hello here, please am new to this thread and just want to start my application against Fall 2018. I want to apply to both University of Manitoba and University of Saskatchewan. From the thread I noticed securing a supervisor is important, I sent a mail to both schools and was told I can apply without one. Please do you think I should go on and apply or still go ahead and find a supervisor.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by toludadon(m): 9:35pm On Aug 31, 2017
VickyRotex:

Oh okay. I also forgot to ask, If you were coming in for Undergraduate or Masters. Sure no problem, you can send a pm.
I'll be coming for Masters. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by vanod: 9:36pm On Aug 31, 2017
ayonet:

Please can I have ur email or number ? I need to apply for gcms note asap

I have sent you a pm.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 31, 2017
Vickenny:
Hello here, please am new to this thread and just want to start my application against Fall 2018. I want to apply to both University of Manitoba and University of Saskatchewan. From the thread I noticed securing a supervisor is important, I sent a mail to both schools and was told I can apply without one. Please do you think I should go on and apply or still go ahead and find a supervisor.

As you have been informed you can apply without one go ahead and apply. You'll be informed if you are required to seek faculty supervision later in the application process-that's what happened when I applied to Saskatchewan..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by SURGEE(m): 9:43pm On Aug 31, 2017
FaithAlive:
Jesus has answered me today today!
Hold onto him and never let go.
Greetings to Austin, CanadianNurse, Soj and Maziude
Approval at last.
Isa. 66:7,8
God of awesome wonder he is.

Congratulations Bro. AS soon as you travailed that today na today yo cheesy, u brought Forth. Was that it?!!! cheesy

Isa. 66: 8b - ....For as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children. - I had to open the verse you shared to learn of your secret.. cool

God is Faithful. I celebrate with you bro. grin

The Sky is just the Starting point!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 31, 2017
Small advice. If you're carrying PTA avoid changing a large amount of your money at an airport bureau de change in Canada, the rates are low, you'll find a better deal at almost any bank.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ayonet(m): 9:48pm On Aug 31, 2017
vanod:

I have sent you a pm.

Here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by RAY12345(m): 10:09pm On Aug 31, 2017
FaithAlive:
Jesus has answered me today today! Hold onto him and never let go. Greetings to Austin, CanadianNurse, Soj and Maziude Approval at last. Isa. 66:7,8 God of awesome wonder he is.
Congrats. Kindly share your profile/timeline.
Cheers!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Rocorleone: 10:45pm On Aug 31, 2017
maziude:

Well what I know you should go with is

1) God
2) You
3) Your documents including passport
4) My garri
5) The rest of your stuff including your christmas clothes and shoe grin

I hope this helps...
grin grin maziude you'll have to come to BC to get your garri ooo,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 10:48pm On Aug 31, 2017
Rocorleone:

grin grin maziude you'll have to come to BC to get your garri ooo,

I go come na...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Rocorleone: 10:57pm On Aug 31, 2017
maziude:

I go come na...
No wahala.
Just found out the range of rent fee is $500 and above. Chai... It is well grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by nairacountry(m): 11:15pm On Aug 31, 2017
Rocorleone:

No wahala.

For furnished apartment bah? shocked
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 11:15pm On Aug 31, 2017
Rocorleone:

No wahala.

Yea...
Na rent dey finish money for canny oh.
Every other thing dey normal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Oben209(f): 11:30pm On Aug 31, 2017
maziude:

Yea...
Na rent dey finish money for canny oh.
Every other thing dey normal.

What's the average hour wage rate for students (post grad) in your city.. having an argument with a friend of mine
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Berryponthis007: 11:42pm On Aug 31, 2017
Hy guys, i'm still in my uni application process for may 2018,and i was told to send my "final" waec results. Do they mean my waec certificate? Cos i sent them my statement
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 11:49pm On Aug 31, 2017
Oben209:

What's the average hour wage rate for students (post grad) in your city.. having an argument with a friend of mine

It depends though.... around 11.12/hr.... it is the same whether postgrad or undergrad, so long as it is not a Teaching Assistant position (which is an average of 23- 34/hour, this also depends on the lecturer offering you this position and job roles too)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Rocorleone: 11:56pm On Aug 31, 2017
nairacountry:

Yes. even some unfurnished are about same price
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Rocorleone: 11:58pm On Aug 31, 2017
Yes
Even some unfurnished are about same price
nairacountry:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Rocorleone: 11:59pm On Aug 31, 2017
Any one still having issues that needs to be tackled?
Just post it. We all here to help.... feeling high-spirited already!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 12:35am On Sep 01, 2017
This may sound trivial to some, but for me, it's a serious question:

Please should I pack my ankara materials? How easy is it to find tailor/seamstress in Cannyland?
The cost of ticket these days will not permit me to come home soon and I don't have people that fly back and forth.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by abestine(m): 4:54am On Sep 01, 2017
poesy:
This may sound trivial to some, but for me, it's a serious question:

Please should I pack my ankara materials? How easy is it to find tailor/seamstress in Cannyland?
The cost of ticket these days will not permit me to come home soon and I don't have people that fly back and forth.

It sounds funny, pack everything you can afford to pack that will make you feel at home in canny dear, except contrabands and illegal materials... Happy packing lol... Hope to start packing one day too... smiley

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by abestine(m): 5:05am On Sep 01, 2017
Vickenny:

While some school request for supervisor doesn't mean without you won't be considered for admission, as long as your intending research is related to area of research of available supervisor and you meet other admission requirement, you will given admission.

I applied to Manitoba, I was asked to get a supervisor, because, there was a place my application form that require a reference from a potential supervisor over there.

Having supervisor fore hand also comes handy during departmental admission recommendations to the postgraduate school.

check with the departmental coordinator for more info on that...Ire ooo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 5:17am On Sep 01, 2017
Awa Royal Air Maroc. Safe flight all of us. grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (501)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.