Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,319 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (826444 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by GREGORIAN(m): 4:17pm On Sep 12, 2017
its normal.

BG Not Started ------> In Progress
BG In progress ------> No needed/Not Applicable
BG No Need ------> In progress. This will stay like this until you get your PPR
Mikky4canny:
Please My background check changed to "not applicable" any idea what that means.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Cnwag: 4:19pm On Sep 12, 2017
No upfront medicals...still waiting for medical mail
GREGORIAN:
did you submit upfront medical....if No....have you got a medical mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by vikmeek: 4:26pm On Sep 12, 2017
abestine:

Yes you can

Bro, some guys are saying the correct address is the one below for all correspondence with VO.

The Visa Officer
High Commission of Canada
4 Anifowoshe Street
Victoria Island
Lagos, Nigeria.

Pls I need clarification
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Hamzalan: 4:40pm On Sep 12, 2017
maziude:

Hello Boss,

Sorry, I just saw this now. Thank you @guzenaira for showing me this.

You have awesome grades going by what you posted and your research interests are great.

Do you have any publications? Just asking though.

With this profile above, you should get admitted with adequate funding.

My suggestions are:

1) This websites below are for PhD in statistical Machine learning. The first one is for one of the professionals in statistical Machine learning and the second one is for the programme details.
a) https://sites.ualberta.ca/~szepesva/SML/
b) https://www.ualberta.ca/computing-science/graduate-studies/programs-and-admissions/statistical-machine-learning

2) Google search MUN Canada and go to the computing page. They also have professors whose research interest align with yours.

3) Simon fraser University, computing department also have professors who have similar research interest too.

4) University of Ottawa, Computer science department, also have too.

The above are just snippets and it is based on a general research interest in computer sciences.

I would advice you streamline your interest if you have not done that yet. When you are set, go to the webpages of individual professors in this school and check out that which closely relates to your interests and contact them.

Now, most schools might not require you to contact supervisors, but for PhD, it is advisable because, you will only be admitted if there is someone available to supervise you and fund you.

Every PhD candidate for Computer Sciences, get one form of funding or the other which is dependent on your grade and the research lab you are joining(Research lab in the sense that most labs get funding, so you might be funded through the labs too).

So fear not, when you apply and get admitted, you will get funding. It comes automatically with your admission (This for Computing sciences/ engineering though).

And if you have any doubt if it would work, well trust GOD to come through for you.

Just as a side note, my interests also align with yours (Deep Learning, bioinformatics and crowd sensing) but I ain't a professor sha.

I hope this helps you.

Good luck and Godspeed.

Mazi
Thanks @Maziude, Your prompt response means a lot. Have gone through UoA, fall admission starts October. Guess I just have to wait till then before pressing further. In the mean time have started another application with Western university, still at the preliminary stage. I would like to fill you in as it unfolds. Also have my research interest is basically machine learning (ML). My masters thesis is application of machine learning in network i.e predicting link availability which is now a conference paper at a conference held in Ghana, this year May. with my PhD I intend going for application of ML in genomic medicine or gene prediction.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Philadelphia: 4:53pm On Sep 12, 2017
Cscd1234:
I was just going to ignore this until I saw that you don't want to read up from beginning of the thread.

Do you realise that we all read up??!
Do you also know there is something called google?!
You want information but you don't want to work hard to get it?!

I don't understand most of you guys on here especially the newbies.
You come and post questions that have already been answered in previous threads and expect us to sound like a broken record, repeating answers.

That is why the white men said if you want to hide something from a black man put it in a book and be rest assured that they won't read it.

But I'm really glad that most of us black people are excelling and exceeding their expectations of us. Everyday we are getting goodnews of high flying men and women on this thread that really gladens my heart, all because they made a choice to work hard and get things done!!!

So don't be that black man that refused to read. Better start reading up.

With all your plenty grammar and English, you did not answer his question.
Have you also forgotten the Chinese proverb that says that "it's better to ask a question and be a f00l for 5 minutes tHan keep silent and be a foll for a life time?"

Btw, I cannot see the book that you're referring to @ the words in bold.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 4:58pm On Sep 12, 2017
I have learnt alot from @thesoj on and off this thread! One of the people i respect alot. With all your achievements both personally and careerwise coupled with your very busy schedule, you find time to see that others benefit from your wealth of experience and assistance. I really look forward to our meeting. We appreciate your assistance and contributions. Many thanks.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 5:38pm On Sep 12, 2017
Austinpee4

Thank God you know @thesoj despite his busy schedule he still find time to solve if not little questions.....well just for you to help review ordinary SOP you refuse......well the God of hallelujah can never say know..........

All thanks to cashhips....derel....igbowanile....Canadian nurse.....etc.....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 5:44pm On Sep 12, 2017
Philadelphia:

With all your plenty grammar and English, you did not answer his question.
Have you also forgotten the Chinese proverb that says that "it's better to ask a question and be a f00l for 5 minutes tHan keep silent and be a foll for a life time?"

Btw, I cannot see the book that you're referring to @ the words in bold.

In all fairness to @Cscd1234, the "asker" and you, therr are certain questions that requires a search first by the "asker" before asking for further advice.
I have seen questions asked here that I begin to wonder what is happening.

Dont get me wrong but there are questions and there are questions. Some will make you go mad while some will make you shake your head.

In as much as some people choose to ignore these questions, others will still need to voice out their displeasures. Whatever method anyone uses, the "asker" and future "askers" should take a clue... But, alas, that is always not the case.

In a nutshell, many questions newbies have, have been answered on previous threads/post. There is no shortcut to success. Good things need time and processes for it to come to pass.

So guys, please read up previous threads, your answers are there. Then when you are confused, you can ask.
Help us to help you.

Regards boss.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by GREGORIAN(m): 6:09pm On Sep 12, 2017
Hi dayusin,
On the same page where it shows all this status messages, if you scroll down at the bottom, you have another section where it have only messages delivered from CIC. One of the columns in that section will display texts as either "Read" or "New". If you find any message as new, simply click on that column and a PDF document will be downloaded. That document carries your decision. If you don't have any new messages, please wait for another week or so as some times in some cases, it may take more than a month to get the message even after you see the status as final decision made. Hopefully you will get a positive results. Cheers!
dayusin:

I submitted 5th of May. My status has been like this for a week now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 6:13pm On Sep 12, 2017
bbclue:
Austinpee4

Thank God you know @thesoj despite his busy schedule he still find time to solve if not little questions.....well just for you to help review ordinary SOP you refuse......well the God of hallelujah can never say know..........

Boss,

No nah. This is uncalled for.

Would you have preferred he accepts and later disappoints?

There are lots of people who can review SOP, it is not exclusive to one person. Moreover, he has every right to decline any SOP review request.

We should rather encourage one another.

Have a good evening.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 6:22pm On Sep 12, 2017
Mr marzi.....

I didn't say is by force.........after the said Austinpee4 refer me to other people.......to review my SOP....I don't know what you are insunuating.......aleast I pick one or two things from hiS post

[/quote]......well am leaving the group for u at marzi.......forever
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 6:26pm On Sep 12, 2017
Me have gather what I have to learn and am leaving the group for u at [color=#006600][/color] marzi......... shocked
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maygreaves(m): 6:34pm On Sep 12, 2017
bbclue:
Austinpee4

Nawa o, what is this post going to achieve? it wont make him review your "ordinary SOP" and it will only cause friction. Please let's look at the bigger picture. please, next time, learn to pass your message across in a more positive manner.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 6:44pm On Sep 12, 2017
bbclue:
Mr marzi.....

I didn't say is by force.........after the said Austinpee4 refer me to other people.......to review my SOP....I don't know what you are insunuating.......aleast I pick one or two things from hiS post

......well am leaving the group for u at marzi.......forever

Perhaps, you should compare this post with what you posted earlier.

Well, Godspeed to you since you are leaving the group.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 6:47pm On Sep 12, 2017
bbclue:
Austinpee4

Oops! Aunty no vex! I actually didn't refuse to review your SOP. I remember you wanted it reviewed with a response before a certain day and due to my work activities that period, i didn't think i'd meet up the time frame but i asked if you had more time i'd gladly help and if you didn't, you kindly ask a couple of people i suggested to you. I didn't refuse to review your SOP my comedian sister. It's always a privilege for me to help as much as i can and when i can. Anyway, no vex!

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by GREGORIAN(m): 6:48pm On Sep 12, 2017
you applied june 28th, when did you get a medical update, review of eligibility and background change to being reviewed
willyboss:
Applied online June 28, received on June 29
Application Status: We are processing your application. we will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of Eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: The documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We
will send you a message if this
changes.
Biometrics: Completed
Background Check: We are processing your background
check. We will send you a message
if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We
will send you a message once the
final decision has been made.
[b]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by GREGORIAN(m): 6:58pm On Sep 12, 2017
share your application status, when is the last day for your school resumption
limai17:
Submitted May 16. Still no update on my status the only update I ever got was my UCI number in August, since then nothing. George Brown college,strategic marketing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Philadelphia: 7:12pm On Sep 12, 2017
maziude:

In all fairness to @Cscd1234, the "asker" and you, therr are certain questions that requires a search first by the "asker" before asking for further advice.
I have seen questions asked here that I begin to wonder what is happening.

Dont get me wrong but there are questions and there are questions. Some will make you go mad while some will make you shake your head.

In as much as some people choose to ignore these questions, others will still need to voice out their displeasures. Whatever method anyone uses, the "asker" and future "askers" should take a clue... But, alas, that is always not the case.

In a nutshell, many questions newbies have, have been answered on previous threads/post. There is no shortcut to success. Good things need time and processes for it to come to pass.

So guys, please read up previous threads, your answers are there. Then when you are confused, you can ask.
Help us to help you.

Regards boss.

You're understood. Now do you know that I've been reading from part 11 and I tell you that some of the information has changed. What if the asked misses an application deadline just because he is trying to read all the threads before asking?
You just gave the guy a vague answer; to read previous threads. If you gave him a particular place to read, it would have been much more better.
Btw, I must commend your contributions so far and the help you've given others but doing it again for this asker would not be out of place. (My candid opinion though).
God would help us all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by GREGORIAN(m): 7:26pm On Sep 12, 2017
share your complete visa application timeline
pvc4real:

Yes oh, I constantly visit my CIC page. Additional docs are being reviewed and still processing background checks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 12, 2017
Pls gurus I am confused and need your help. My uncle in Abu Dhabi has my funds with him but he is not my sponsor. My mom is my sponsor and she gave him the funds to keep for her. He is meant to pay a year tuition fee and transfer the remaining money to my dorm account. We just spoke and he said that it might raise red flags if they find out that funds were transferred from the UAE to my dorm account. My question is will it raise red flags if they see funds transferred from another country to my dorm account. Is there a way to fix this. Please help me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by abestine(m): 7:45pm On Sep 12, 2017
vikmeek:

Bro, some guys are saying the correct address is the one below for all correspondence with VO.

The Visa Officer
High Commission of Canada
4 Anifowoshe Street
Victoria Island
Lagos, Nigeria.

Pls I need clarification

This address is for the high commission of Canada in Nigeria the one I gave is for the high commission of Canada in Ghana so they are both correct. The one I gave you is the one on the correspondence I received from them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Philadelphia: 7:54pm On Sep 12, 2017
Please gurus in the house help me.
I'm looking for an affordable school ($20,000 max) for Masters in Supply Chain Management that does not require GMAT or GRE.
Also, I don't mind writing the GMAT but I need help to prepare for it as well as TOEFL. I'm not scared of exams but I don't want to fail and waste money.
How are the TOEFL questions like? Are they really difficult?
I hope to take the exam by next month but can I start applying?
Please answer and do the abuse me or ask me to read precious threads. I would not be asking if I have answera to these questions.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 12, 2017
Gaoraj1:

I'm trying to start my own application, can you please guide me on whom to address the letters to ?

Thanks
Which letters exactly?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 12, 2017
Alantobie:
Pls gurus I am confused and need your help. My uncle in Abu Dhabi has my funds with him but he is not my sponsor. My mom is my sponsor and she gave him the funds to keep for her. He is meant to pay a year tuition fee and transfer the remaining money to my dorm account. We just spoke and he said that it might raise red flags if they find out that funds were transferred from the UAE to my dorm account. My question is will it raise red flags if they see funds transferred from another country to my dorm account. Is there a way to fix this. Please help me

Bros ask them both to write letters of sponsorship
Or
Ask your uncle to write the letter explaining the entire scenario. Good thing, canada vo's speak English. Just explain exactly how you intend to do the money transfer
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Philadelphia: 8:16pm On Sep 12, 2017
choky26:

Most Nigerian schools say they don't give transcripts to students. That it can only be forwarded to the institution the student intends sending the transcript to. So there's no way I can even get d transcript if I wanted to plus I didnt see anywhere in CIC site that transcript is required for visa except for securing admission. Its just certificates that CIC requires.
I stand to be corrected though.

Does cic require TOEFL or GMAT for visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Philadelphia: 8:22pm On Sep 12, 2017
Wait o, Di you guys that have applied take any exam? TOEFL/GMAT?
I have not seen anyone mention anything about exams.
Please explain. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 12, 2017
Philadelphia:
Please gurus in the house help me.
I'm looking for an affordable school ($20,000 max) for Masters in Supply Chain Management that does not require GMAT or GRE.
Also, I don't mind writing the GMAT but I need help to prepare for it as well as TOEFL. I'm not scared of exams but I don't want to fail and waste money.
How are the TOEFL questions like? Are they really difficult?
I hope to take the exam by next month but can I start applying?
Please answer and do the abuse me or ask me to read precious threads. I would not be asking if I have answera to these questions.
Thanks.

Hello,

Why do you want to take the TOEFL test? Most Canadian universities do waive English test for Nigerians. The exam is just an English test and as such, it is not difficult.

What is your CGPA? If it is high, some schools can waive GMAT/GRE for you but most business schools do require GMAT/GRE. Check universitystudy.ca to search for your desired schools. You can also check University of Windsor, Wilfrid Laurier University, Concordia University and University of Manitoba.

It is always better to have the minimum GMAT/GRE score required before applying so that you don't end up wasting your application fees (in case your score is lower than the minimum score required).

I wish you the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 12, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Philadelphia: 8:44pm On Sep 12, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Hello,

Why do you want to write TOEFL? Most Canadian universities do waive English test for Nigerians. The exam is just an English test and as such, it is not difficult.

What is your CGPA? If it is high, some schools can waive GMAT/GRE for you but most business schools do require GMAT/GRE. Check universitystudy.ca to search for your desired schools. You can also check University of Windsor, Wilfrid Laurier University, Concordia University and University of Manitoba.

It is always better to have the minimum GMAT/GRE score required before applying so that you don't end up wasting your application fees (in case your score is lower than the minimum score required)

Note: I will advise you to write GRE and not GMAT if they accept both GRE and GMAT. I've written both and based on my test experience, GRE is easier.

I wish you the best!
Thank you for responding. I made a first class in my undergraduate degree.
Since visa interviews are not done but app are submitted electronically, would you advise I go for the aforementioned course as I have an undergrad degree in information science? I propose to go for the supply chain due to where I'm working. Please advice which would give me a stronger arm; work experience or undergrad degree?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Philadelphia: 8:49pm On Sep 12, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Hello,

Why do you want to write TOEFL? Most Canadian universities do waive English test for Nigerians. The exam is just an English test and as such, it is not difficult.

It is always better to have the minimum GMAT/GRE score required before applying so that you don't end up wasting your application fees (in case your score is lower than the minimum score required)

Note: I will advise you to write GRE and not GMAT if they accept both GRE and GMAT. I've written both and based on my test experience, GRE is easier.

I wish you the best!
Do you mean that I can just apply right away without GMAT/GRE (if I am not pursuing a business or management degree that does not require GMAT or GRE) leveraging that most Canadian universities (especially those ones that indicated waiver for Nigeria on their website) waive English testsing for Nigerians?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by limai17: 8:58pm On Sep 12, 2017
Find attached App status below. Last day for resumption 11th of September, last day for deferral 18th of September, I just submitted form for deferral this night and as I tried to change my course date to January they it has closed that I have to settle for May or September 2018. What should I do please?
What if Cic responds with an approval before January.
GREGORIAN:
share your application status, when is the last day for your school resumption

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:02pm On Sep 12, 2017
Philadelphia:

Do you mean that I can just apply right away without GMAT/GRE (if I am not pursuing a business or management degree that does not require GMAT or GRE) leveraging that most Canadian universities (especially those ones that indicated waiver for Nigeria on their website) waive English testsing for Nigerians?

Yes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.