Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (828380 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Abiodunne: 4:37pm On Sep 13, 2017
Akwaekee:
Wow....congrats! God will perfect what He has started for you.

Amen .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mideyola: 4:51pm On Sep 13, 2017
Please has anyone gotten offer from Royal Roads University here.

Pls reply asap or if u know anyone. kindly assist.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 4:57pm On Sep 13, 2017
Gshun:
Good day gurus in the house, i just got admission for an msc program that starts january, payment deadline is Nov 25. And all i have in my acct is the tuition fee, any advise on how to go abt this? And is it possible i get a visa before the payment deadline date because i dnt intend paying the tuition till i get the visa. Would appreciate your professional contribution
I'm guessing the admission you got is for Carleton university( i stand to be corrected). If it is, NOV 25 is the last day to pay your tuition without a late penalty fee. After this date, you can still pay but it will attract a late payment fee of CAD100.

Also, for your visa application, you MUST have available funds for your tuition and a minimum of 10,000CAD for your living expenses to meet the requirement of funds. As per possibility of getting your visa before the date, NOBODY here can tell you if you will or not. The earlier you send in your complete application package, the better.

In doing this, ensure you have carefully provided all the requirements for your study permit.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 4:59pm On Sep 13, 2017
Travelpes:
Please House, Before uploading all my completed forms while doing online application since i am expected not to sign them by hand, can i DATE without signing the forms before upload or leave the date section blank as well.Thank you for your response.
Yes, you can. Fill in the date electronically with your system.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by earthgreeners(m): 5:00pm On Sep 13, 2017
vanod:

3k to 5k don't pay more than that, just ask of inspector Mary from gate they will show you her office.

Thanks. A gee got it done for me... Trust me, I am no ajebota!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by earthgreeners(m): 5:01pm On Sep 13, 2017
Gshun:
Good day gurus in the house, i just got admission for an msc program that starts january, payment deadline is Nov 25. And all i have in my acct is the tuition fee, any advise on how to go abt this? And is it possible i get a visa before the payment deadline date because i dnt intend paying the tuition till i get the visa. Would appreciate your professional contribution

Email this School to let them know about this. They are often lenient with situations like yours...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by earthgreeners(m): 5:02pm On Sep 13, 2017
Jejelaye01:
So am adjusting to life over here in regina and I can assure you that it's a wonderful city, though small. But it's a beautiful city where everything works.
For those coming to regina please make sure u resume early to attend orientation (this will help you meet people and please ask questions about anything and everything).
Once you arrive, make sure you get your student id and get your u pass activated (makes you have access to free bus to anywhere in regina), also make sure u get your SIN in downtown incase you were not given at your point of entry. You will also have to adjust your resume to regina standard (to apply for jobs and please accept anything that comes your way, you can always switch jobs later). Its important you get a sim here and it's comes with a phone option from iphones to Samsung (you will only be subscribed to a monthly plan).
Please load your nigeria line with lot of credit as your folks can still reach you through it till you get settled.
Also get your bank account opened and ask question about the credit facilities (awuf dey run belle).
Its important you get a saskatchewan Id too. And also get your health card.
Please don't be shy to ask questions oooo. Ask anything you feel you don't understand , don't come here and be forming oooo.... communication is key to your survival here.
Also feel free to contact me anytime.. I will respond once am free (the education system here is totally different from ours back home - am adjusting to it and it's time consuming).

I rejoice with all trv choppers and for those expecting I say congrats in advance.

Regards.

But Regina is a boring city though... hahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 5:03pm On Sep 13, 2017
Abiodunne:
Good morning my people.
Update on my application: Just got a message from CIC this morning asking for a new letter of acceptance.

Abiodun. ....congratulations sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 5:04pm On Sep 13, 2017
[quote author=Moley22 post=60397286]
Take it easy Sis... We are all here and have equal rights pls try to understand that Oga Austinpee4 is not obligated to anyone atall....we should even be thankful for their selfless dedication and time!!!These Gurus have cleared so many paths ooh!!
Don't vex, if you go we will miss some of your comical post.. Lol...E ma binu..Just calm down ma
May God do it for the rest of we hopefuls!!!! [/quote

Amen sit .......No problem. .......me and Austinpee4 don email ourselves ]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Travelpes: 5:12pm On Sep 13, 2017
Thanks.I appreciate
Austinpee4:

Yes, you can. Fill in the date electronically with your system.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Tweesy: 5:17pm On Sep 13, 2017
i did my application online and was not stated to upload University certificate/certification or transcript. do you think its necessary to update my application by sending email to accra.immigration@international.gc.ca

Whats your take people.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by vikmeek: 5:17pm On Sep 13, 2017
lanrayx:
Ottawa told me to expect a decision for winter anytime from 6-10 weeks(late October - November) and Concordia said they would start review after their deadline which is oct1, my question is, is this normal at all? as anyone been in this situation.

NB: had submitted my application to Ottawa since june.

Probably Ottawa will shift ur admission to Fall, 2018 as they have numerous applications. I submitted my application on d 15th of Feb this year for Sept, 2017 entry but I got admitted for Winter, 2018, they gave me d offer August 29th.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by limai17: 5:18pm On Sep 13, 2017
Please guys need an answer, I have submitted deferral form for George brown and they told me January intake is closed, and I should settle for may or September, what if cic approves before January? Should I go ahead and accept May intake. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by vikmeek: 5:47pm On Sep 13, 2017
Good Day all,

Pls can Someone send me a sample of an SOP and a sample of Letter for Study Leave from work place.

My email: vikmeek@gmail.com

Thank you all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mikky4canny(m): 5:52pm On Sep 13, 2017
Winter applicants and silent readers drop ur details to be added to the list. Those awaiting trv any updates?
Mikky4canny:
list of TRV hopefuls (SUMMER & FALL 2017)
1. Abiodunne October 5th, PGD, Conestoga. Paper route Medical Mail 14th february
2. Ayos16, Submitted 22nd Dec,2016, Upfront Medical.
3. Ayoola03, 12th Jan, MESc UofWestern Ontario, paper route, Upfront Medical (passed). APPROVED 08/06/2017
4. Yamen21, Jan 13th, MSc MUN, Paper route, upfront medicals passed 27th Jan
5.Vinci500 January 18th, Msc. Uof BritColumbia, Online Route.
6. Tuzinde, February 1st, MEng Carleton university, paper route. Medical mail 24th April. Medical passed 12th May, APPROVED 11th July 2017

7. Deckonne February 3rd, PGD Lambton, Upfront Medical. APPROVED 23rd February
8. VVVVVV February 18th,UDalhoiuse, Online Route, Upfront Medicals.
9. Yemdogg, February 21, MA, CMU, Paper Route.DELAYED
10. Piethewitch, March 8th, ....Durham College, Paper route, Approved.
11. Ibbravura, March 9, Masters applied computer science, Dalhousie university, Paper route, APPROVED on 25th July
12. Kof99, March 9, PGD, Humber college, online route
13. Proxy, March 11, PGC Georgian College, Online Route.
14. Akanmu2013, 14th march,online PGD Seneca college
15. Osemigho, March 14, MA, UofCalgary, Upfront Medical passed. APPROVED on 06/07/2017
16. Trexxbanks,March 14th,PGD,Durham college,online route
17. Maxicon, March 14, PGD UWinnipeg, Upfront Medical, Paper route
18. Newman10100(lil bro), March 22, Master of Comp.sc URegina, online route.PPR
19. Canadian nurse, March 28,university of Manitoba, paper route. Med&Evidence of fee Paymt rqt on 04/05. Med Passed on 15/05.APPROVED

20. Kprake9, March 29, Pilot training, Paper Route, Upfront Medical.
21. bdcity2, march 30, PGD, NSCC, paper route..... DELAYED May 2017
22. aliACCA, March 31, MA, UoM, Paper Route, Upfront Medical Passed.
23. Ozzy 2, April 3rd, LLM, York University, Paper Route, Upfront Medical passed.
24. Darrelah, April 3rd, MSc, University of Regina, Online route
25. Chonewillie, April 11, LLM, USask Paper Route, Medical mail 31/05, APPROVED on 04/07/2017
26. Maziude, April 17th, phd, uottawa,onliine route, Medical mail on 24/04. Medical passed 2/5/. PR-11/05 APPROVED on 19/05/2017
27. Kranjar, April 18, MA, UNB, paper route, upfront medical. DELAYED 06/17
28. Ope100, April 19th, College Diploma, Holland College, Online route.
29. Folumade1, April 19, Humber College PGC Global Business Management, Paper route, upfront medical
30. newman1010 , April 22 Master of Finance, SMU, online route.
31. CPA01, April 25th, MBA, University of New Brunswick, paper route APPROVED 25/08/17
32. SmartLawyer, April 26, PhD in Law, Queen’s University,online route MEDICAL REQUEST- PR and APPROVED ON 14/06/2017
33. Gfeuxay, April 27th, pgc, Centennial college, Paper route.
34. Tobyharze, April 28, PGC, Conestoga college, paper route, upfront medical.
35. Judebebo32 , April 28 , PhD University of Saskatchewan, online route. APPROVED on 09/05/2017
36. O2, May 2, Post Baccaleurate diploma Thompson Rivers University, paper route, Upfront Medical Passed
37. tysaxmalomo, May 2, MA, CMU, Online route
38. DeCrystal1, may 8, UG, keyano college, online route
39. Rocorleone, May 10, MASc, Paper ,Upfront Medicals APPROVED
40. uvagho,May10, MA Peace &Collaborative development, CMU, Online route
41. Yasmine04, May 11, M.sc computer science, lakehead university, Paper route
42. PureRuby May 12, Msc Geology, UWO,Paper route, Upfront medicals passed APPROVED
43. adiukuonyebuchi, May 16, PGD, college of the Rockies British Columbia, Paper Route
44. bosbebe, May 17, MBA, VIU, Paper route
45. Samo16, May 18, Masters in Applied human nutrition, MSVU Nova Scotia, Paper route. Upfront Medicals
46. Sugaro, May 16, PGD, MUN, online route, Upfront medicals DELAYED
47. LightandDarkness, May 19, MSc, UofA, Online PPR August 14 APPROVED
48. deolutolu, May 26, diploma, RRC, paper route.
49. Tjaz, May 26, Master in Power systems, UWO, Paper route, Upfront medicals PASSED
50. Frankrobbn1, May31, UG, MUN, Paper Route, Upfront Medicals PASSED DELAYED 7/7/17
51. McOsheBaba May 31, Msc, Dalhousie, Online Route
52. SPOILT9JAOLOSHO, May 31, MA, UNB, Paper Route DELAYED 08/17
53. Igbouwanile, June 1, MA, UNB, Paper Route. DELAYED
54. Cnwag, June 3, Msc, UOttawa, online route
55. DrND, June 5, MASc in Oil and Gas Engineering, MUN, paper route, Upfront medicals Passed.
56. Samjumbo, June 6, MSc. Rehab Sciences, UWO, Paper route, Upfront medicals. APPROVED 07/09/17
57. 4Gzus, June 7, MSc , USASK, Paper Route, Upfront medicals Passed
58. Maygreaves, June 7, PGD Financial Planning, Seneca College, Paper Route
59. OpeLovely, June 9, MSc, MSVU, Paper route, Upfront medicals
60. Emmane, June 9, PGC, Loyalist College, Paper route, Upfront medicals. DELAYED 18/08/17
61. Tjaz, May 26, Master in Power systems, UWO, Paper route, Upfront medicals PASSED APPROVED 19/08/17
62. Vanod, june 13, Dip International Business, Seneca College, Upfront Medicals DELAYED 27/08/17
63. Alantobie​, June13, MSc, Concordia University, Paper route, upfront medicals passed DELAYED
64. mcobex, June 16, tech Dip, MUN, paper route, upfront medicals, Medical passed July 5th DELAYED 28/08/17
65. Kayeyes, June 23, diploma, Northern lights college, BC, paper route.
66.Ceslause, Submitted 18th April 2017,MA French and Francophone Intercultural Studies,Univ of Regina,Upfront Medical,Paper route
67. Yitodoo June 5th, Msc, WLU online route app, Upfront Medical
68. Mabs16, July 4, UG, MRU, Paper route. DELAYED 24/08/17
69. DereI, April 28, PDD - Camosun College, Paper Route DELAYED July 2017
70. Yomalicious June 19th PGD McGill paper route. Upfront medicals DELAYED August 3
71. Jahluv, 23 June,Msc MUN paper route, no upfront medical
72. Grace101, July 12 UG, upei Paper Route
73. Mikky4canny, July 15th MSC, university of Regina, online route, upfront medical
74. Juicyboy126, may 9th, UNB MSC , computer science, paper route
75. Hallasheyi92, May 23rd, MAsc , MuN , online route DELAYED august 9
76. Jummolami , June 8, MSC Business economics, online route,upfront medical June 8, medical passed August 4
77. Moley22 August 4th,BSc Paper route,Biometrics done
78.bbclue, August 1st, BSC, university of Regina, Paper route DELAYED 28/08/17
79.Ayonet....Humber College Diploma,May 23rd 2017 paper route, no medical DELAYED 31/08/17
80. Honeymay10 May 26th, University of Regina, Masters, paper route
81 oluswagger may 4th (SP & WP for wife), PhD LIS, Western Uni, paper route, ned call on 11th Aug, Med passed.
82. Ifechez, June 20th, Pgd, Niagara College, online route
83. Edialu, June 4th, Web Development PGC at Humber College, Online Route, No Medicals
84. Aijayvee, June 7th,Masters MCGILL, paper route, med call Aug 21, Medicals done 22nd APPROVED 02/09/17
85. chinexchiboy, sep 12, Masters applied computer science, dalhousie university, Paper route,

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by pvc4real: 6:05pm On Sep 13, 2017
Mikky4canny:
Winter applicants and silent readers drop ur details to be added to the list. Those awaiting trv any updates?

PVC4real, August 18th, Georgian College - Computer Sys Tech - Networking, Online Route with Upfront Medical.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by MeinKampf: 6:06pm On Sep 13, 2017
This waiting on Concordia university is killing. Since May haba
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by abelajayi(m): 6:25pm On Sep 13, 2017
Jejelaye01:
So am adjusting to life over here in regina and I can assure you that it's a wonderful city, though small. But it's a beautiful city where everything works.
For those coming to regina please make sure u resume early to attend orientation (this will help you meet people and please ask questions about anything and everything).
Once you arrive, make sure you get your student id and get your u pass activated (makes you have access to free bus to anywhere in regina), also make sure u get your SIN in downtown incase you were not given at your point of entry. You will also have to adjust your resume to regina standard (to apply for jobs and please accept anything that comes your way, you can always switch jobs later). Its important you get a sim here and it's comes with a phone option from iphones to Samsung (you will only be subscribed to a monthly plan).
Please load your nigeria line with lot of credit as your folks can still reach you through it till you get settled.
Also get your bank account opened and ask question about the credit facilities (awuf dey run belle).
Its important you get a saskatchewan Id too. And also get your health card.
Please don't be shy to ask questions oooo. Ask anything you feel you don't understand , don't come here and be forming oooo.... communication is key to your survival here.
Also feel free to contact me anytime.. I will respond once am free (the education system here is totally different from ours back home - am adjusting to it and it's time
).

I rejoice with all trv choppers and for those expecting I say congrats in advance.

Regards.
As regards jobs that you mentioned you need to be very careful with you SIN number you can not just be taking jobs that are not useful for you in the long run tax will be so much on you and you may not be able to bear the burden.pls make enough enquiries.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 6:40pm On Sep 13, 2017
limai17:
Please guys need an answer, I have submitted deferral form for George brown and they told me January intake is closed, and I should settle for may or September, what if cic approves before January? Should I go ahead and accept May intake. Thanks
If CIC approves your application before january, Your TRV will be valid till you travel in may or september. So whichever start date is convenient for you, you accept. It is when you arrive Canada that your study permit validity start counting.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 13, 2017
Travelpes:
Please House, Before uploading all my completed forms while doing online application since i am expected not to sign them by hand, can i DATE without signing the forms before upload or leave the date section blank as well.Thank you for your response.

I guess typing your name there substitute for a signature. I did mine like that. However, some pro versions of adobe allows you to upload your signature unto pdf files. #MyOpinion
Make research bro. Best wishes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ibeli0: 6:55pm On Sep 13, 2017
Hi everyone am trying to repackage my application to reapply for next month.. My first application was with a PGC Global business management my undergraduate is in law with a 10+ work experience I run my opinion, and also have another business registered in 2012 for I use it for buying and selling my question is to strengthen my chances of successful application can I change my course to MBA foundation ?
if yes I got three schools that offer MBA foundation
TRU in Vancouver
Victoria Island university
And university of Canada west
Will the ranking of the school affect my application in any way ?

House plz look into this issue
@maziude @Austinpeee and all able guru over to you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jejelaye01: 7:00pm On Sep 13, 2017
earthgreeners:

But Regina is a boring city though... hahahahaha

It depends on what you mean by "boring city" and individual motives.......

Regards.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by abestine(m): 7:02pm On Sep 13, 2017
Abiodunne:

Bro na to keep hope alive o. I deferred the admission to the next available date which is may 2018

God has ordained it and it will surely come to pass, though it tarry, it shall come to pass... Congrats!

How many time did you defer your admission?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jejelaye01: 7:05pm On Sep 13, 2017
abelajayi:
As regards jobs that you mentioned you need to be very careful with you SIN number you can not just be taking jobs that are not useful for you in the long run tax will be so much on you and you may not be able to bear the burden.pls make enough enquiries.

SIN is a unique number and it's what represent you while in canada. It is important to keep it safe. Regarding job, it's always difficult for international student to get their dream job on arrival as international experience is needed. So when I say take any job, I added that you can always switch when the dream job comes. ( just my 2cent).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by limai17: 7:08pm On Sep 13, 2017
Limai17 George brown College PGD strategic relship marketing May16 online route. pending.
Mikky4canny:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by limai17: 7:15pm On Sep 13, 2017
Thanks boss
Austinpee4:

If CIC approves your application before january, Your TRV will be valid till you travel in may or september. So whichever start date is convenient for you, you accept. It is when you arrive Canada that your study permit validity start counting.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Phocusjosh(m): 7:41pm On Sep 13, 2017
Hello gurus in the house,
Fresh graduate with CGPA of 3.189 (Industrial chemistry) with no work experience.
What school and what course on Canada can such person be accepted. I await everyone candid opinions.
Many thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by princeadedayo: 7:51pm On Sep 13, 2017
ibeli0:
Hi everyone am trying to repackage my application to reapply for next month.. My first application was with a PGC Global business management my undergraduate is in law with a 10+ work experience I run my opinion, and also have another business registered in 2012 for I use it for buying and selling my question is to strengthen my chances of successful application can I change my course to MBA foundation ?
if yes I got three schools that offer MBA foundation
TRU in Vancouver
Victoria Island university
And university of Canada west
Will the ranking of the school affect my application in any way ?

House plz look into this issue
@maziude @Austinpeee and all able guru over to you.

CIC doesn't look at ranking of school, the only thing you should confirm is if the school has a DLI number (which they all have), besides it's really not about where you go to here, it's about what u have learnt and how you carry the fire in you (sell yourself) and use networking opportunities.

However all the school you listed are known. All based in British Columbia.

May I ask a question? Why MBA foundation, with 10 years experience, am sure they are schools that should accept you based on that.

My thoughts

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 7:53pm On Sep 13, 2017
[quote author=bbclue post=60423248][/quote]

Hmm.... @bbclue(F) and @Austinpee4(M) have mailed each other.
Thats good so let nobody put asunder.
smiley
just kidding!!

I have seen @bbclue and @bbbclue too on this thread. i hope it's the same person?
just wondering where all this bb are getting their clue from.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by skylar2020(f): 8:01pm On Sep 13, 2017
Hello house. Please I need the address and phone number of the children practice center for medicals and a lagoon address for police report. Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Tweesy: 8:07pm On Sep 13, 2017
Abiodunne:
Good morning my people.
Update on my application: Just got a message from CIC this morning asking for a new letter of acceptance.

Hi Abiodunne pls can I talk to you.08033698683.Its really urgent and I hope you call me soon.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ibeli0: 8:16pm On Sep 13, 2017
That's @princeadedayo graduated with 2.2 law degree my foundation is not in business I don't think I can get a straight MBA but just want to give it a shot.
princeadedayo:

CIC doesn't look at ranking of school, the only thing you should confirm is if the school has a DLI number (which they all have), besides it's really not about where you go to here, it's about what u have learnt and how you carry the fire in you (sell yourself) and use networking opportunities.

However all the school you listed are known. All based in British Columbia.

May I ask a question? Why MBA foundation, with 10 years experience, am sure they are schools that should accept you based on that.

My thoughts

Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.