Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,459 members, 7,850,600 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:27 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (843914 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Blade21: 9:07am On Oct 30, 2017
good morning please is it possible to get admitted for master with second class lower that's 2:2. thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by hamddy: 9:35am On Oct 30, 2017
Spatialcol:

Yes, review of eligibility started yesterday

Please when did you submit. I submitted on Sept 14.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Kwamentim3: 10:00am On Oct 30, 2017
For the low balance i can testify that truly my sponsor had a low balance so i wasnt much surprised when i was delayed based on finances. Also we didnt pay the first year tuition. Yeah that was something i wanted clarification on cause i knew i had tackle all of these so i was perplexed to see it in my notes thats why i wanted your insights. Thanks and all the best in our applications
jnyuwa02:

Dude chill, don't buy into the notion that they don't approve visas for educational related courses. I read the SOP, the GCMS notes and CIC letter you sent to me. They are only holding you ransome on financial reasons. The sponsor's bank statement you submitted had low balance, even though you paid first year tuition? Every other thing like purpose of visit and returning back to your country finding against you, was "entered in error." That is what it meant by that word appearing on your GCMS. I can assure you if you submit a new bank statement with good balance to cover for your subsequent year(s) after your first year, that chances are you will more likely than not be approved for the education related courses someone is trying to bamboozle you into believing CIC does not approve. What greater asset a country has than teachers? You ably pointed that out in your SOP and that is how you overcame purpose of visit and returning to your country. Good job! Now do the remaining needful. Package and refire!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Kwamentim3: 10:04am On Oct 30, 2017
Thanks and i will do just that and leave the rest to God. Please what education program are you going in for?
Igbouwanile:

Bros cool down, no too vex, I was in ur shoes b4, just make sure u did the right packaging & chill the will approve u.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Kwamentim3: 10:09am On Oct 30, 2017
Thanks but my work experience is related to my undergraduate and intended course. As for my SOP being strong or not I will let @jnyuwa02 be the judge on that.
bbclue:

See the reason for ordering your gcms note is to know the main reason for refusal..... you need to work with the gcms note because there u no d truth about your refusal....because note 1 says insufficient funds....note 2...purpose of visit.....and travel history....your work experience is not related dat is if am right......all you need now is a strong SOP......and did u pay first year tuition fees
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Officialcomo: 10:17am On Oct 30, 2017
Sent you a mail boss. Not sure you’ve received it. Check and let me know. Thank you.

jnyuwa02:

Google universities in Canada and begin to read on the courses you are interested in and their GPA and scholarship requirements. There is more that goes into getting scholarship than just GPA. Your recommendations, statement of intent, thesis proposal, all equally count. Best of luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nwebele: 10:47am On Oct 30, 2017
Please kindly advise on what else I should do to i crease my chances. Should I stat that I will take my kids along? I have already told them I intend to use my acquired knowledge to contribute to the growth of my family business which they acknowledge but rather stated that my course is not related to business.

sthillz:

That's why I said you need to defend WHY you are going back to school at your age. And reason to leave your children behind if they are minors
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 11:01am On Oct 30, 2017
KWAMENTIM........Or what your name is.....and am sure is when they refused your visa u join dis thread and mine u......i was not commenting on your post....the person that post the gcms note that got to do with previou studies......and employment history.. is wat am refering to...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Kwamentim3: 11:14am On Oct 30, 2017
Please its Kwame Ntim and no i have been a silent reader for about 10 months now and i have not missed a page. Ohk thanks for the clarification
bbclue:
KWAMENTIM........Or what your name is.....and am sure is when they refused your visa u join dis thread and mine u......i was not commenting on your post....the person that post the gcms note that got to do with previou studies......and employment history.. is wat am refering to...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by LordTrezy(m): 11:35am On Oct 30, 2017
Ibbond:

Not yet.. got admitted for MISSM at the Concordia University of Edmonton for winter 2018 but trv got refused last week. Want to defer admission, order for gcms and refire early next year.

Application for fall 2018 is currently open. You can also give it a shot
Ok.. thanks a lot, this is exactly what I need. Could you please let's chat on what'sapp XXXXX
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by adesbaba: 12:27pm On Oct 30, 2017
Hi family of love

I intend going to Camosun college for Pgd accounting 2 yrs ,it has internship..fee is $23000 fr d 2-yrs ...in my visa ,do I need to provide tuition fr one year which is arnd 11k or u must show fr d full two yrs

Any one doing pgd finance or business related may 2018 intake

who knws anything about camosun college in Victoria,B.C.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by damLaney: 12:46pm On Oct 30, 2017
Hello House,

Please I have a quick question. Can my dad submit my passport for me at vfs lagos? And can he collect it for me as well? If he can, please what does he need to take along asides his means of Identification? Is there a format to write a consent letter? Do i have to type or I can write it with my hands?

Also, is it possible to pay for DHL courier service at vfs so they can dispatch it to me directly?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by hayzee545(m): 2:05pm On Oct 30, 2017
Good morning brethren, Please I need someone to advise me on what to do next, this is my case:
- I applied for study permit through online platform, on 26 Sept
- Got a refusal letter on 27 Oct with the following reasons:
1. Purpose of visit
2,. Employment prospects in country of residence.
3. Current employment status.
4. Personal assets and financial status.
N.b : I applied to study computer health and Health information Science combined at university of Victoria, I was admitted to start frm 300l based on d fact that I am graduate of computer science and Engr .

Now I want an advice on what to do next, the following are some of my considerations:
- write the school, seek for deferment of admission, and work on my LOE and financial status, then apply next year .
- Put up another application immediately, not minding the fact that my acceptance letter expires on Jan 2 , 2018, and d school resumes also.
- forget about the admission, go for another course of study, and apply next year.

All the gurus in the house, pls help a brother.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by matic12: 2:10pm On Oct 30, 2017
[quote author=hayzee545 post=61909777]Good morning brethren, Please I need someone to advise me on what to do next, this is my case:
1. Purpose of visit
N.b : I applied to study computer health and Health information Science combined at university of Victoria, I was admitted to start frm 300l based on d fact that I am graduate of computer science and Engr .

When did you say you applied?

Share your profile with the documents submitted so that guru's in the house would give suggestions and advice..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jonaslokk: 3:03pm On Oct 30, 2017
Majestgift:
please i need urgent reply, am about to apply to UPEI, and admission is still open for January session. i want to know if i can meet up with Immigration(visa)to resume school in January if i start processing now. please people with experience i need help.

I also applied for Holland college (same province and it's pretty close to UPEI) May/April. And then I applied for a study permit for almost 4 months now and the last I did was send my medical reports last month, till date no info about the visa, so you see what I mean here? Lol it's too late for January. But best of luck tho.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 4:01pm On Oct 30, 2017
Kwamentim3:
Thanks but my work experience is related to my undergraduate and intended course. As for my SOP being strong or not I will let @jnyuwa02 be the judge on that.

Your SOP is very strong, just two spelling errors, but nonetheless one of the best SOPs I have ever read!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dayusin: 4:28pm On Oct 30, 2017
Igbouwanile:

Hello! use google & search for schools that offer ur course, it's simple.

Just sent you a pm bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by spores99(m): 5:03pm On Oct 30, 2017
[quote author=justwise post=58862613][/quote]
please I need a credible GCMS website where I can request for my note. thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by spores99(m): 5:04pm On Oct 30, 2017
good house, please which credible website can I apply for my GCMS note?.....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Somat4ril(m): 5:09pm On Oct 30, 2017
I wanna say a very big thank you to everybody who suggested the way forward for me following the revocation of my admission after Igeoluwatobi paid my application fee with a fraudulent card.
The school reached out to me today, after careful evaluation of my appeal documents and reinstated me into the program.
I am very happy, and a very big shout out to all who reached out to me during the period.
God bless!!!!

38 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Kwamentim3: 5:18pm On Oct 30, 2017
Oh thanks. YOu go make my head inside sweet me for the whole day. Could you please point out those spelling errors for me to rectify them?
jnyuwa02:

Your SOP is very strong, just two spelling errors, but nonetheless one of the best SOPs I have ever read!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by adesbaba: 5:26pm On Oct 30, 2017
of love
I intend going to Camosun college for Pgd accounting 2 yrs ,it has internship..fee is $23000 fr d 2-yrs ...in my visa ,do I need to provide tuition fr one year which is arnd 11k or u must show fr d full two yrs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ibbond(m): 6:05pm On Oct 30, 2017
LifeIsGuhd:

Hello, how much is the tuition fee please? Were you given any scholarship?

Scholarship: nope I wasn’t given.
It’s a two year course and cost around C$30k in total... first year tuition cost $15,962 cad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nogen: 6:11pm On Oct 30, 2017
Somat4ril:
I wanna say a very big thank you to everybody who suggested the way forward for me following the revocation of my admission after Igeoluwatobi paid my application fee with a fraudulent card.
The school reached out to me today, after careful evaluation of my appeal documents and reinstated me into the program.
I am very happy, and a very big shout out to all who reached out to me during the period.
God bless!!!!

Congrats! Now, on to your TRV application.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by LifeIsGuhd(f): 7:09pm On Oct 30, 2017
Ibbond:

Scholarship: nope I wasn’t given.
It’s a two year course and cost around C$30k in total... first year tuition cost $15,962 cad
Aii, thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by needy: 8:15pm On Oct 30, 2017
Hello house please I need your advice. I have a problem with the DOB on my transcript which I have applied to my school for correction with necessary documents. The contact I have in school confirmed to me that it has been regularised. I applied for student copy to confirm his claim before sending to the school am applying to in Canada. Behold the error is still there and he no longer picks my call. Please house, can I send the transcript with the error in DOB and accompany it with affidavit of fact that the DOB in the transcript is wrong?
Please what is the way out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 8:36pm On Oct 30, 2017
needy:
Hello house please I need your advice. I have a problem with the DOB on my transcript which I have applied to my school for correction with necessary documents. The contact I have in school confirmed to me that it has been regularised. I applied for student copy to confirm his claim before sending to the school am applying to in Canada. Behold the error is still there and he no longer picks my call. Please house, can I send the transcript with the error in DOB and accompany it with affidavit of fact that the DOB in the transcript is wrong?
Please what is the way out.

Hello Boss,

What is worth doing is worth doing well. I will advice you get that issue sorted. There is no need to be in a hurry. The reason is that if that case is not sorted from the root now, every transcript you order for will still have this misleading information about your DOB, will you keep raising affidavits each time?

Look for someone else in your school to help you sort this out.

But if you decide to go with the affidavit route this time, no sweat still, but ensure you get that issue resolved.

You may want to wait for other opinions on this before going further.

Enjoy.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Igbouwanile(m): 8:36pm On Oct 30, 2017
dayusin:

Just sent you a pm bro
Responded
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 8:38pm On Oct 30, 2017
adesbaba:
of love

This should help you decide.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp#doc3
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 8:46pm On Oct 30, 2017
hayzee545:
Good morning brethren, Please I need someone to advise me on what to do next, this is my case:
1. Purpose of visit

Now I want an advice on what to do next, the following are some of my considerations:
- write the school, seek for deferment of admission, and work on my LOE and financial status, then apply next year .
- Put up another application immediately, not minding the fact that my acceptance letter expires on Jan 2 , 2018, and d school resumes also.
- forget about the admission, go for another course of study, and apply next year.

All the gurus in the house, pls help a brother.

If I get you right, you already have a degree in CSE and you are planning to apply for bachelors in Computer Health and HIS?

There is always a program that fits your educational background and experience especially if you are going for masters, all you need to do is search for it. Your case to me is not a change of career/profession it is still within the CSE field ( and I am sure the VO did not see it as progression which is why you have the "purpose of visit" reason).

But to be sure of the real reason, apply for your gcms notes. Meanwhile, search for schools that will give you what you want at the masters level. If your cgpa is not up to the required entry point, look for PGD/C in that course that suits you and apply.

Peace.

PS
@jnyuwa2, Boss what it is your take?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by needy: 8:47pm On Oct 30, 2017
maziude:

Hello Boss,

What is worth doing is worth doing well. I will advice you get that issue sorted. There is no need to be in a hurry. The reason is that if that case is not sorted from the root now, every transcript you order for will still have this misleading information about your DOB, will you keep raising affidavits each time?

But if you decide to go with the affidavit route this time, no sweat still, but ensure you get that issue resolved.

Enjoy.
maziude:

Hello Boss,

Enjoy.

Thank you boss for your advice. Another contact I got from the school was telling me to drop 120k before he can do it which I angrily asked him if he is changing my 2.1 to First Class. I just want to confirm if the affidavit of fact will solve my problem as am going for MBA and has no intention of going further after that. More advice /suggestions will be appreciated.
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (501)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.