Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (352) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (829052 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 4peace4: 3:03am On Nov 18, 2017
good day great members and gurus on this thread,please I am new here and about to start my student visa journey in Canada. Although I have tried going through previous thread as to gather first hand info but my DRY EYE SYNDROME won let me focus on the screen 4 long thus I am aving scrambled info.pls gurus in the house my question goes thus:
1)what city do u advice I apply to in terms of job prospect so I ll start searching 4 schools there or if u no of any in good cities with low tuition pls recommend?
2)is aving ielts an added advantage during visa application?
3)I graduated 2014 bsc mass communication GPA 3.63 nysc 2015\2016 26yrs going to 27 next year.......is age a barrier 4 me?will 3.63 enable me get admitted into direct master programme in Canada?
4)please can I get the link to check if my course is listed among the courses that can enable one qualify for pro?
please help a sister out thanks in anticipation for your response my able gurus.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by HiredGames(m): 3:54am On Nov 18, 2017
[quote author=npmi post=62477380][/quote]

It wouldn't take more than 5 minutes each to look up those schools and their graduate programs.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Twallace: 6:42am On Nov 18, 2017
Taymiia7:
Hello Fam,
Is it possible for me to still submit my application for visa on Tuesday when school resumes in January ? Or you will advise me to defer to a new term(April). So that I can include the deferred form with the old acceptance letter for my visa application. Please i look forward to receiving replies soon. Thank you.

They seem to be processing applications faster nowadays, if you are sure you've prepared a tight application and have everything you need, you should go ahead and submit and pray you hear from them before January (hope you've done medicals?). If you don't hear from them by then, you can still defer.

On the other hand , there is no need to rush. April resumption is almost the same with January, there is no guarantee they will process your application faster if you submit now. If you think your app still need improvement, settle down and do it and submit when you are fully ready. Waiting is better than getting refused . No matter when you submit, you will still go to Canada if it's God's will. Just my opinion
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Taymiia7(f): 7:46am On Nov 18, 2017
@Twallace... Yes, I have done my medicals. I think to defer is a good option, It won't look like I am desperate to leave Nigeria. Thank you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 4peace4: 8:00am On Nov 18, 2017
HiredGames:

It wouldn't take more than 5 minutes each to look up those schools and their graduate programs.
bro pls if u r trying to quote me pls go through my questions again n den give a proper response I never asked anyone 2 search 4 a school 4 me thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by tommee: 8:33am On Nov 18, 2017
Alantobie:
Hey Guys my visa has been approved. It’s been God. I got delayed in August for insufficient funds and when I ordered my gcms note, it said lump sum deposit occurred. So after asking the gurus and going through previous posts for my situation, I decided to pay a year fee, open a domiciliary account and transfer my living expenses in it. I also added a detailed sponsorship letter and a letter of explanation to show changes made to my application.

Program: MSc Applied Computer Science
School: Concordia University, Montreal
1st application:
Submitted 13/06/2017
Refused 02/08/2017
Reason: Insufficient Funds
2nd application:
Submitted 03/10/2017
Approved (16/11/2017)

Documents Submitted:
1. CIC DOCUMENTS:
• Document Checklist
• Study Permit Application Form
• Family Information Form
• Study Permit Questionnaire

2. ACADEMIC DOCS
• Bachelor’s Degree Certificate
• University Transcripts
• WAEC Result
• NYSC Discharge Certificate
• Udacity Certificate

3. PERSONAL DOCUMENTS
• International Passport
• Passport Photograph (2)
• Birth Certificate
• Statement of Purpose
• Letter of Explanation
• Police Certificate
• Certificate of Acceptance (CAQ)
• E-Medicals
• Affidavit of Confirmation of Name
• Dorm Statement of Account

4. SCHOOL DOCUMENTS
• Concordia University Letter of Admission
• Tuition Fees Payment Receipt

5. SPONSOR’S DOCUMENTS
• Letter of Sponsorship
• Affidavit of Sponsorship
• Sponsor Statement of Account
• Company Statement of Account
• Company Certificate of Corporation
• Treasury Bills Certificate
• International Passport Data Page

Congrats bro,
I was also denied based on lump sum am about to re-apply and open new dorm account please assist with my concerns below

1)is it compulsory i open the dorm in CAD? because i cant seem to get canadian dollars from black market
2) Am planing to lodge 10,500 USD which is 13,500 CAD equivalent as opening balance and close balance hope they wont see this as lump sum too
3)What conversion rate did you use and how did you explain the reason for opening a dorm account
4)Can i do my upfront medical on a sunday will dey attend to me and can i submit my application on the following monday afterwards

Congrats once again your quick response will be highly appreciate. responses from gurus too will be received with much thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by HiredGames(m): 8:34am On Nov 18, 2017
4peace4:
bro pls if u r trying to quote me pls go through my questions again n den give a proper response I never asked anyone 2 search 4 a school 4 me thanks.

Please relax...The post was not directed to you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by oriazowan: 8:52am On Nov 18, 2017
Good day,
I am a new follower on this thread. I got admission to study MA Development Economics at UNBC for September 2017 but I had to defer it to January 2018. Now I applied for study permit October 1st, 2017 online route and did my biometrics 5th October. No upfront medical.
Till now there has been no update on my application and i am really worried but praying seeing the fast rate at which TRVs are issued this period.
1) Please is there anyone going to UNBC in January?
2) Please Gurus in the house do you advise I mail the VOffice for an update or should I just wait(for how long)?
Please I need your urgent advice. I am so worried
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 18, 2017
tommee:

Congrats bro,
I was also denied based on lump sum am about to re-apply and open new dorm account please assist with my concerns below

1)is it compulsory i open the dorm in CAD? because i cant seem to get canadian dollars from black market
2) Am planing to lodge 10,500 USD which is 13,500 CAD equivalent as opening balance and close balance hope they wont see this as lump sum too
3)What conversion rate did you use and how did you explain the reason for opening a dorm account
4)Can i do my upfront medical on a sunday will dey attend to me and can i submit my application on the following monday afterwards

Congrats once again your quick response will be highly appreciate. responses from gurus too will be received with much thanks

Thanks...to answer your questions
1. You open your dorm account in USD.
2. I deposited my living expenses in my dorm account and wrote a letter of explanation to show the changes I made in my new application. I opened a dorm account in order to make them know I have my living expenses readily available and also to show that my sponsor is really serious about sponsoring me
3. I used oanda currency exchange rate. I also cited it in my letter
4. I don't think any hospital opens on a Sunday. Best is to go on Monday
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Miles490: 10:04am On Nov 18, 2017
guys, how long does eligibility review take on the average. Status changed to Eligibility review last week Friday - a week today. Applied 4th September. Just curious �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 4peace4: 11:08am On Nov 18, 2017
4peace4:
good day great members and gurus on this thread,please I am new here and about to start my student visa journey in Canada. Although I have tried going through previous thread as to gather first hand info but my DRY EYE SYNDROME won let me focus on the screen 4 long thus I am aving scrambled info.pls gurus in the house my question goes thus:
1)what city do u advice I apply to in terms of job prospect so I ll start searching 4 schools there or if u no of any in good cities with low tuition pls recommend?
3)I graduated 2014 bsc mass communication GPA 3.63 nysc 2015\2016 26yrs going to 27 next year.......is age a barrier 4 me?will 3.63 enable me get admitted into direct master programme in Canada?
4)please can I get the link to check if my course is listed among the courses that can enable one qualify for pro?
please help a sister out thanks in anticipation for your response my able gurus.
gurus pls I still need answers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Shubbys: 12:37pm On Nov 18, 2017
Hello everyone I applied for BSc in computer science in university of prince Edward Island University Canada and I was asked to pay for waec verification after that will it guarantee me admission to the university?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Themechanic: 1:01pm On Nov 18, 2017
Hello house please if you have a research assiatantship will you need upload the evidence of work requirement in study?
Cc thesoj
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by funshow247(m): 2:47pm On Nov 18, 2017
Great people, please how long does it take for dispatched passport from Accra to get to Lagos after a decision has been made.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maygreaves(m): 2:57pm On Nov 18, 2017
Taymiia7:
Hello Fam,
Is it possible for me to still submit my application for visa on Tuesday when school resumes in January ? Or you will advise me to defer to a new term(April). So that I can include the deferred form with the old acceptance letter for my visa application. Please i look forward to receiving replies soon. Thank you.
Submit it, Miracles do happen!.....worst case scenario, you eventually defer your course to january

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by phemmzy96: 3:09pm On Nov 18, 2017
Congrats on your approval.
I am new here. I am ready to apply now. I was advice to use the paper route.
Pls I need samples of letter of sponsorship and affidavit of sponsorship to help me prepare mine.
Also how do I start my application

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arebo: 3:33pm On Nov 18, 2017
funshow247:
Great people, please how long does it take for dispatched passport from Accra to get to Lagos after a decision has been made.

5 to 7 working days....you will be notified when it's available for pick up...you got a decision yet?? When did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mb92: 3:34pm On Nov 18, 2017
Hello bro and sis
Am new in this forum although I do follow up with the forum discussion I just register today on this forum, please dear bro and sis help me out am kind of really worried
I reapplied for study permit last month October 19 and I did upfront medical I track my application on 15 of this month it was written that my process pasport has been dispatched from the Canadian visa office on 15 dat same day to the Canadian visa application and am really worried because it seems to be very fast and am yet to received any email regarding it yet from CIC cos I had people got approval mail and I asked my agent she said what she kw is dat they will sent me an email that my pp is ready for collection to pick up and there is usually an attachedment to dat email that's wen I will be able to kw if I got tit or not and a frd told me dat since I did upfront Michal I might not kw the outcome until I pick up my pp that it might have my visa on it pleas bro and sis am kind of worried that's am here asking God bless thanks for time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by thesoj: 5:39pm On Nov 18, 2017
Themechanic:
Hello house please if you have a research assiatantship will you need upload the evidence of work requirement in study?
Cc thesoj
No. A research assistantship is considered a part of your studies and isn't a job, from an immigration/VO standpoint.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by activelyA(f): 5:51pm On Nov 18, 2017
samjumbo:
Hello Friends,

VISA APPROVED.

I was an ardent follower of this Group. All everyone needs is available freeeeeee at his disposal. Just ask and read religiously.

I am self sponsored and this is my first application to Canada. But the information's I got here made life easy for me to apply.

Purpose of Visit is everything pals. Be sure of your purpose and let it be in line with your aspirations.

Thanks to @poesy(friend like no other- dinner awaits you in UWO) @ayoola and you lovely husband, @austinepee ( great teacher) @my favourite Mazi 1 of Canada (I will see you in person as your humility inspires me daily). @canadianurse @oseimoge( the intelligent write), @Mcobex (delay is not denial bro) and @juyanue- (who challenges my critising skills).

Timeline is processing. Will update all soonest.

May God grant us all his very own heart desires for us!!!!

Good day sir, please replicate the help
I applied to western Ontario also and over Two months, I haven't heard from them shocked cry
I have sent mail etc to my department and they said they will let me in on their decision as soon as possible.. ..na the soon as possible dey enter two months now.. .
Don't know what to do cry cry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bronze25(f): 5:57pm On Nov 18, 2017
mb92:
Hello bro and sis
Am new in this forum although I do follow up with the forum discussion I just register today on this forum, please dear bro and sis help me out am kind of really worried
I reapplied for study permit last month October 19 and I did upfront medical I track my application on 15 of this month it was written that my process pasport has been dispatched from the Canadian visa office on 15 dat same day to the Canadian visa application and am really worried because it seems to be very fast and am yet to received any email regarding it yet from CIC cos I had people got approval mail and I asked my agent she said what she kw is dat they will sent me an email that my pp is ready for collection to pick up and there is usually an attachedment to dat email that's wen I will be able to kw if I got tit or not and a frd told me dat since I did upfront Michal I might not kw the outcome until I pick up my pp that it might have my visa on it pleas bro and sis am kind of worried that's am here asking God bless thanks for time
Worry not. Just hope for the best, since you did upfront medical, it may be that you got your trv. Just hold on till you get your pp. Wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by oriazowan: 6:16pm On Nov 18, 2017
oriazowan:
Good day,
I am a new follower on this thread. I got admission to study MA Development Economics at UNBC for September 2017 but I had to defer it to January 2018. Now I applied for study permit October 1st, 2017 online route and did my biometrics 5th October. No upfront medical.
Till now there has been no update on my application and i am really worried but praying seeing the fast rate at which TRVs are issued this period.
1) Please is there anyone going to UNBC in January?
2) Please Gurus in the house do you advise I mail the VOffice for an update or should I just wait(for how long)?
Please I need your urgent advice. I am so worried
please can i guess any response �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by funshow247(m): 7:31pm On Nov 18, 2017
Arebo:

5 to 7 working days....you will be notified when it's available for pick up...you got a decision yet?? When did you apply?

Yes o...I tracked it and it reads "passport has been dispatched from Canadian visa office accra to lagos application centre" . No medical
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Themechanic: 7:31pm On Nov 18, 2017
thesoj:

No. A research assistantship is considered a part of your studies and isn't a job, from an immigration/VO standpoint.
Thanks thesoj
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by funshow247(m): 7:34pm On Nov 18, 2017
Arebo:

Yes o...I tracked it and it reads "passport has been dispatched from Canadian visa uoffice accra to lagos application centre" . I applied sept 11th . No medical
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mb92: 7:35pm On Nov 18, 2017
Thanks for the courage
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by matic12: 7:35pm On Nov 18, 2017
funshow247:

Yes o...I tracked it and it reads "passport has been dispatched from Canadian visa office accra to lagos application centre" . No medical

Wait until you get your processed passport.... when did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ferdinandurian(m): 8:29pm On Nov 18, 2017
Alantobie:

Thanks...to answer your questions
1. You open your dorm account in USD.
2. I deposited my living expenses in my dorm account and wrote a letter of explanation to show the changes I made in my new application. I opened a dorm account in order to make them know I have my living expenses readily available and also to show that my sponsor is really serious about sponsoring me
3. I used oanda currency exchange rate. I also cited it in my letter
4. I don't think any hospital opens on a Sunday. Best is to go on Monday
congrats bro. please how much did you deposited for living expenses on your dom account ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 4peace4: 9:12pm On Nov 18, 2017
4peace4:
pls y is no one responding to this? isn't this forum meant to help novice?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 18, 2017
4peace4:
pls y is no one responding to this? isn't this forum meant to help novice?
Hello, I've seen a lot of your posts but this is kind of vague.

1. What's your industry and background. Different provinces are.known for different things.
2. Not necessarily but it helps in admission so your school choice isn't limited.
3. Not at all.
4.See 1.

Ciao.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 4peace4: 9:39pm On Nov 18, 2017
ogirl1:

Hello, I've seen a lot of your posts but this is kind of vague.

1. What's your industry and background. Different provinces are.known for different things.
2. Not necessarily but it helps in admission so your school choice isn't limited.
3. Not at all.
4.See 1.

Ciao.
ahh finally thanks 4 d response sis pls I just sent an email request to you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 18, 2017
LMay:

Hey Doc,

I understand the struggle. Trying to survive medical school sometimes leaves no room for GPA maintenance. More so , clinical practice pathway has little or no use of CPGA.

For your current pursuit, here's what to do:

1) Check out University of Saskatchewan - Most programs require 70% in last two years. Calculate your Part 5 & Part 6 GPA. Convert to Canadian's 4 grade point and compare the percentages

2) Check if McMaster University offers MPH. It's an expensive school but they mostly only consider your final year. If your final year GP is okay, you'll most likely get admitted. Contact the grad coordinator of your intended program and get him/her to assess your Transcript to see if you're eligible or not, so as not to waste your application fee.

If all of the above fails, switch to Plan B

Plan B - Consider the Express Entry route. In this case, your two years work experience is a huge plus. Check your eligibility, write IELTS, evaluate your degree with MCC and get into the pool fast.

Perks:

1) You get your Permanent Residency
2) Even if you eventually want to go for your Masters, you pay way cheaper tuition as a PR not International students fee
3) Timeline from start to finish takes about 4-6 months. About same time or more to get a TRV

Remember everyone going through the study route will still do the EE if they wish to work and live permanently in Canada.

Cheers
Thanks! please can I PM you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.