Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,121 members, 7,821,843 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (365) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (830776 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 9:40pm On Nov 25, 2017
makay200:
Good day house,

Plz how can I get a scholarship in any Canada university for master? I have written Ielts and I fit in to the requirements of so many schools but I need funding and I don't knw how to go abt it

Thanks in anticipation

Almost all schools in Canada have one form of scholarship or the other. There are no alternatives to doing your research. Make google your best friend. Google for universities in Canada. Then start reading their websites, specifically the courses you are interested in and their requirements for scholarship entry or qualifications. Some you would have to apply, others you would have to be nominated by the committee reading applications, if they like your application. The following schools have excellent scholarships for international students and you may be interested in looking: Trent University, USASK, York University, University of Alberta, University of Calgary. The competition is fierce, but with good grades, essay, recommendations, you can assail. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 25, 2017
Dear all,
Is anybody's account still indicating that additional documents are being reviewed after application has been approved? Ive collected my passport and the letter of introduction, yet that status remains. What do you think that means?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 25, 2017
Olakunlae:

Contact the Professor/Researcher that you share same interest or has an experience in your research interest.

Most of them either they not taking students, or they don't have research lab or they don't have research finding
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 10:21pm On Nov 25, 2017
ogirl1:
Dear all,
Is anybody's account still indicating that additional documents are being reviewed after application has been approved? Ive collected my passport and the letter of introduction, yet that status remains. What do you think that means?

This is what I have seen looking at the status of a few approved applicants. Why worry when you have all papers at hand? Might be a computer glitch.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 25, 2017
jnyuwa02:

This is what I have seen looking at the status of a few approved applicants. Why worry when you have all papers at hand? Might be a computer glitch.
Alright then. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ope100(m): 10:24pm On Nov 25, 2017
ACCRAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
Nogen:

Thanks. I applied via paper route but linked it online a day or 2 after my application. Let me check my account for the letter.

Modified : I didn't get any Introduction Letter. So I need to write the Embassy for the letter.

Please I need cic's email address. Kindly send it to me.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 25, 2017
Chimumsy20:
Good afternoon house,

I applied for an undergraduate program in university of Winnipeg for my brother that just finished secondary school. Thankfully, he received his admission letter after 2 weeks. The tuition fee per year is stated as 8,650 Canadian dollar but he is not required to pay till he registers in Canada. He was given an option to pay 1000 tuition deposit. However, in case he doesn't study in the school, the deposit is not refundable.
What is his chances of applying for study permit without paying d deposit. cos am not in support of paying for the deposit and the application is refused, then we lose a whopping 1000 Canadian dollar.
Thanks for the help

Which school is that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nogen: 10:32pm On Nov 25, 2017
Ope100:
ACCRAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
Thanks oppe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by klexycole(m): 3:18am On Nov 26, 2017
Good morning everyone. Happy Sunday to y'all. Please, I have a question to ask and would like to get an answer from experienced folks here.

My question is, can one apply to a Canadian university with O'level and ND transcript for a Bachelor's Degree? If yes, will one be considered a transfer student or the ND result will be regarded as a supporting document for admission into BBA?

I hope to get an answer soon. Thanks and God bless.

Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 3:42am On Nov 26, 2017
Good morning house, I'm very very busy at work recently that my boss no gree give me chance, I was delayed novt16 and planning to reapply after I get my gcmnotes say December 16th-26th, i hope nothing will happen to my passport till February ending because I'm planning to take a week off that time to collect my passport and submit another application. I wish they work weekends really. Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by sleekysoft(m): 4:43am On Nov 26, 2017
PLease check your PM, awaiting your response
jnyuwa02:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by sleekysoft(m): 4:43am On Nov 26, 2017
O sent you a PM.. i don't know if you got it /?? please advise
Austinpee4:

Okay. Feel welcome to reach me with it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Kwamentim3: 6:28am On Nov 26, 2017
Sorry about your delay. About your passport, if you do not go for it anytime soon, vfs global will send it back to the Canadian embassy and i dont think they work on weekends too.
OriEyeLe:
Good morning house, I'm very very busy at work recently that my boss no gree give me chance, I was delayed novt16 and planning to reapply after I get my gcmnotes say December 16th-26th, i hope nothing will happen to my passport till February ending because I'm planning to take a week off that time to collect my passport and submit another application. I wish they work weekends really. Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jumxie(f): 8:05am On Nov 26, 2017
Hello house, please to all the gurus in the house, I need help concerning my student visa application, I was given admission at fanshawe university to study professional financial for my post graduate study for January 2018, but I had to defer it because I couldn't meet up with the payment, I have paid almost half of my tuition fee, now that I am expecting my admission letter, I need help concerning the documents I will need for my student visa application.and how I will go about it,
And also if I can start my medicals upfront
And please anybody already in fanshawe to help me out concerning the hostel fee

Thanks all and God bless you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Aallizzwellwole: 9:01am On Nov 26, 2017
Hello gurus in the house.. Pls I requested for my Gcms note for over 3weeks Now and haven't received any mail from embassy. I have mailed them several times on it. Pls guys please put me through on how to go about this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mb92: 10:37am On Nov 26, 2017
Good moring house
Please the gurus should help me out is urgent please!
i made my application on 18 of October and my application was refuse November 15 reasons where travel history, purpose of visit, personal asset and financial status and current employment sutusition
Tackle the reasons for the refusal by
-Making my sponsor to transfer the money for the my leaving expenses to my account
- I will include the payslip of where I work
-my nysc certificate, posting letter and aceptance letter to study leave permit
-my own personal account statement
- I will get a letter from the school explaining the reason or why I I did not or I can not pay a whole year fee bout just for the first semester because that what was stated in the admission letter that I have to pay for the first semenster fee first before I will be issued a unconditional letter of acceptance and I can pay the rest when I arrived Canada or when I get my study permit.
-I want to make and affidavit or return too
- in my LOE I will also explain and justify my reason why I am going for a PGD program and also the impact it's and value it would add to my career that I want to bust my qualifications that's why i am going for a PGD first and also inten doing my masters too after the PGD
the reason why I want to explain this is that so the offers of CIC will not think why am I going for PGD not master direct cos I had first class.so i just want to convince them so they will see reason with me
my school will be resuming on the 29 of January and some of frds who are there (Canada) advice to reaplly asap Not defer to the may intake since there is still time to so show them how serious I am. And they advice me to do online dis time around
Please house should I go ahead reaplly asap or defer it to may and apply January please help out
I really need help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 26, 2017
Chai, I better find a way to go pick it up

Kwamentim3:
Sorry about your delay. About your passport, if you do not go for it anytime soon, vfs global will send it back to the Canadian embassy and i dont think they work on weekends too.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Moley22(m): 12:23pm On Nov 26, 2017
jumxie:
Hello house, please to all the gurus in the house, I need help concerning my student visa application, I was given admission at fanshawe university to study professional financial for my post graduate study for January 2018, but I had to defer it because I couldn't meet up with the payment, I have paid almost half of my tuition fee, now that I am expecting my admission letter, I need help concerning the documents I will need for my student visa application.and how I will go about it,
And also if I can start my medicals upfront
And please anybody already in fanshawe to help me out concerning the hostel fee

Thanks all and God bless you

https://www.nairaland.com/3649314/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/92#55179284
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Cherryola: 3:13pm On Nov 26, 2017
House I just subbmmited my study permit application on friday 24th of this month now today is 3rd day of it am trying to track the tracking number if it is right but is not going do I have to wait till tomorrow tomorrow Monday which is working day
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Infamous(m): 3:59pm On Nov 26, 2017
Does anyone know a nigerian who's studying medicine in canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mideyola: 5:58pm On Nov 26, 2017
Cherryola:
House I just subbmmited my study permit application on friday 24th of this month now today is 3rd day of it am trying to track the tracking number if it is right but is not going do I have to wait till tomorrow tomorrow Monday which is working day

Are you sure it’s the right link? Mayb you are tracking on Lagos and not Ghana..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arebo: 6:14pm On Nov 26, 2017
@akmog, please I sent you a pm. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Cherryola: 6:50pm On Nov 26, 2017
I did it right is still the same I can't track my application with the tracking number they gave me at vfs lagos
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by cnonwnuwsp17: 8:01pm On Nov 26, 2017
Austinpee4:

Oh i see. I'll respond shortly to your PM.

Please kindly note, i'm no way a guru so i'd assume you didn't refer to me when you promised your sis.

You are one of the Gurus here o, so I was referring to you, Maziude and many others grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by itengr(m): 9:04pm On Nov 26, 2017
Hello House, someone advised me here to apply for gcms note but I am unable to do so coz it asked for payment and dat only people dat are citizen or live in Canada alone can apply for dis.. Pls help me guys
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mideyola: 10:00pm On Nov 26, 2017
Cherryola:
I did it right is still the same I can't track my application with the tracking number they gave me at vfs lagos

Call or chat VFS tomorrow morning. Am sure it wld b resolved for u asap
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 10:25pm On Nov 26, 2017
mb92:
Good moring house
Please the gurus should help me out is urgent please!
i made my application on 18 of October and my application was refuse November 15 reasons where travel history, purpose of visit, personal asset and financial status and current employment sutusition
Tackle the reasons for the refusal by
-Making my sponsor to transfer the money for the my leaving expenses to my account
- I will include the payslip of where I work
-my nysc certificate, posting letter and aceptance letter to study leave permit
-my own personal account statement
- I will get a letter from the school explaining the reason or why I I did not or I can not pay a whole year fee bout just for the first semester because that what was stated in the admission letter that I have to pay for the first semenster fee first before I will be issued a unconditional letter of acceptance and I can pay the rest when I arrived Canada or when I get my study permit.
-I want to make and affidavit or return too
- in my LOE I will also explain and justify my reason why I am going for a PGD program and also the impact it's and value it would add to my career that I want to bust my qualifications that's why i am going for a PGD first and also inten doing my masters too after the PGD
the reason why I want to explain this is that so the offers of CIC will not think why am I going for PGD not master direct cos I had first class.so i just want to convince them so they will see reason with me
my school will be resuming on the 29 of January and some of frds who are there (Canada) advice to reaplly asap Not defer to the may intake since there is still time to so show them how serious I am. And they advice me to do online dis time around
Please house should I go ahead reaplly asap or defer it to may and apply January please help out
I really need help

All the steps you have taken is all good and dandy. But I feel there are more ways you can significantly boost your application that is more likely to land you a TRV. You have a first class and you should definitely be going for a masters, not PGD. Why stress yourself with sponsorship when you can even land a scholarship with many schools if you indeed have a first class. One word: Simon Frazier University. Go there and tell them I sent you for a full scholarship. Hahaha, just kidding on the later part, but seriously look there. There is always research assistantship and Teaching assistantship there to supplement a huge part of your expenses. Whey meddle with stressing your sponsors when you can get funding with your kind of result. Definitely defer for May. You can't make it in January if you had previous denial already on your record. It's significant heavy lifting to overcome a denial in the record. I won't trust that can be done within this short span of a month or so that you have to obtain your GCMS notes and reapply, then another month till your resumption in January. Impossible to do except you want to forgo obtaining your GCMS which I will not recommend. All the best!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Josh121(m): 11:15pm On Nov 26, 2017
I greet ooo , please i have a question , my wife has carry over course to write in match next year , wanted to apply for advance entry for nursing . I want to know if she can apply and get her transcript without the carry over course ? note she is already on second class upper .she doesnt want to go for master cause she as always wanted to study nursing and want to apply with her degree so she can run nursing for 2 years . Please waiting for advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mb92: 10:07am On Nov 27, 2017
jnyuwa02:

All the steps you have taken is all good and dandy. But I feel there are more ways you can significantly boost your application that is more likely to land you a TRV. You have a first class and you should definitely be going for a masters, not PGD. Why stress yourself with sponsorship when you can even land a scholarship with many schools if you indeed have a first class. One word: Simon Frazier University. Go there and tell them I sent you for a full scholarship. Hahaha, just kidding on the later part, but seriously look there. There is always research assistantship and Teaching assistantship there to supplement a huge part of your expenses. Whey meddle with stressing your sponsors when you can get funding with your kind of result. Definitely defer for May. You can't make it in January if you had previous denial already on your record. It's significant heavy lifting to overcome a denial in the record. I won't trust that can be done within this short span of a month or so that you have to obtain your GCMS notes and reapply, then another month till your resumption in January. Impossible to do except you want to forgo obtaining your GCMS which I will not recommend. All the best!
Thanks bout honestly am really confuse that's why I have to share it with the house so I can get opinions and kw were o start from. Bout my broblem now is that I don't want to change school since I did dat is the second application so I jst want to countinue with same school so CIC offer should not have the thought I am kind of desperate to leave my country to Canada since I have even paid a semenster feee and I have shown commitments so I think changing school will not be the solution cos they had my previous record since I have intending to do my master after the PGD moreover I like the program cos is a combination of networking and information system which most university is Canada do not offer and it very related to what I did during my under graduate and I have hoping to go for a networking course and i later discover his one is after my PGD I want to go for my master at uni Ottawa or uni Manitoba since they offer a year duration courses
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Josh121(m): 10:11am On Nov 27, 2017
Josh121:
I greet ooo , please i have a question , my wife has carry over course to write in match next year , wanted to apply for advance entry for nursing . I want to know if she can apply and get her transcript without the carry over course ? note she is already on second class upper .she doesnt want to go for master cause she as always wanted to study nursing and want to apply with her degree so she can run nursing for 2 years . Please waiting for advice

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.