Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,607 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (372) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (829051 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 5:03pm On Nov 30, 2017
Cherryola:
Yes that my signature on other documents also

Miss Cherryola �!
Why are you troubling yourself on irrelevant issues?
What if i tell you YES it will affect your app, what will you do? undecided You will be left with a troubled mind and you will keep blaming yourself.

Please and Please be always affirmative in situation like this. I must say that we are the ones that bring bad lucks to ourselves. Since you have submitted, Why not let God or whosoever you believe to take over your app.

Since your name appeared as the signature in other relevant documents, you have nothing to worry about. Keep a positive mindset and your app will end in praise. For your notice, there are people that don't have signature and prefers using their names as their signatures(its choice). Visa officer won't question that.

Additionally, I haven't come across applicant being denied visa because he/she used their names as signature. Do away with your negative thoughts, be optimistic and you will smile at LAST.

Cheers!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 5:25pm On Nov 30, 2017
ambro123:
This is actually the format that I was talking about for the explanation letter. I am just waiting for my caips/gcms report after which I also plan to submit a separate explanation letter only to clarify the rejection points in my CAIPS. I will revise my SOP to add more about my interest in the computer science field.

I apprehend what you mean.
It's a bold step and good one. It will be a clear picture to the visa officer that you have shown concerns to your previous denial for a study permit. Try as much as possible to edit it in a unique way that best suit you.
Don't copy directly from the rubric.

I best advice you go by that route. Its okay!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by TDultimate(m): 5:50pm On Nov 30, 2017
Pls are theses CIC forms to be signed electronically or manually
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by TDultimate(m): 5:50pm On Nov 30, 2017
TDultimate:
I've been battling with it since morning
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 30, 2017
Thank you for taking your time to explain and advise, i am very grateful for the suggestions

jnyuwa02:

So many full scholarships for PHD programs in the USA. All my friends doing PHDs across the United States, have full funding in grants, work study and loans. University of Washington; University of Iowa; University of Florida, etc. You have to search. Thousands of colleges and universities in the USA, to be precise about 3500. Unlike Canada where there are less than 50 universities. Lol. Canada is more laid back, safer and better place to raise a family; offers the prospect of a green card upon graduation. In the USA, violence everywhere, great schools, you get kicked out of the country after your studies even if you have two PhDs. Good luck, make google your best friend and read up on schools offering your intended program and what their requirements for admission and financial aid constitute. Your GPA is on the low side, but with very good recommendation letters, superb essays and statement of intent, I think you can squirk in. The USA doesn't emphasize minimum GPA like Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 30, 2017
Evening folks....
Pls it possible to do police report by proxy. How much will it cost?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 30, 2017
TDultimate:
Sign it with your biro if you are submitting by paper. Else write your name in the space if you're using the online route
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ayotho: 8:04pm On Nov 30, 2017
Hi family, please am sorry this is coming a few days after my refusal as am just recovering from the shock and l should have shared this few days ago. My second application which I applied on the 25th of Oct was refused on another ground after addressing the issue of insufficient fund. As my uncle (Sponsor), paid a term fee and transferred 4million naira (13,818 CAD) into  my private account. It was refused based on the following  ;
1. purpose of visit
2. Current employment situation
3. Personal assets and financial status.
4.Travel history
5. Personal assets and financial status.

Friends, how can I address these  refusal reasons?

These are the documents submitted.
1. Admission letter
 Course: Mechanical engineering (auto option)
2. School Receipt of 12,000 CAD paid
3.  NYSC posting letter.
3. B.Tech certificate (Mechanical engineering )
4. Academic transcript
5. Nichme Certificate
6 . recommendation letter from winnox( I.T)
7. Recommendation letter from Adebayo workshop ( I.T)
8. IELTS Result
9. Primary school testimonial
10. Secondary school testimonial
11. Waec Result
12 . Birth Certificate
13. My data page of International Passport
14. El medical information sheet (I did upfront)
15. Two passport
16. SOP
17.Uncle's statement of account with 5M+, with good inflow and outflow.
18. Uncle's letter of sponsorship stating that I would be coming back to work for his company.
19. Uncle's Certificate of incorporation of the business
20. National identity card of my mum showing her maiden name before marriage
21. My uncle's data page of International Passport
22. Police certificate

Sorry for the long post.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 8:07pm On Nov 30, 2017
TDultimate:

I've been battling with it since morning

If I understand your question clearly Sir. You are finding it difficult to sign your study permit form. Please find the answers below and select the one that applies to you.

Online applications are signed Electronically.
Paper route/app are signed manually(by hand).

Please let us know if you encounter any difficulty of any such.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 8:12pm On Nov 30, 2017
ayotho:
Hi family, please am sorry this is coming a few days after my refusal as am just recovering from the shock and l should have shared this few days ago. My second application which I applied on the 25th of Oct was refused on another ground after addressing the issue of insufficient fund. As my uncle (Sponsor), paid a term fee and transferred 4million naira (13,818 CAD) into  my private account. It was refused based on the following  ;
1. purpose of visit
4.Travel history

1. Admission letter
3.  NYSC posting letter.
4. Academic transcript
5. Nichme Certificate
8. IELTS Result
11. Waec Result
12 . Birth Certificate
15. Two passport
16. SOP
18. Uncle's letter of sponsorship stating that I would be coming back to work for his company.
22. Police certificate

Sorry for the long post.

Thanks

I'm very sorry to hear that your visa got refused. You have a good profile over there.
Please tell the house what level of education you are going for.... MSc,PDG/C,PHD? So we can know where to start from.

Thank you as you reciprocate.

Once more sorry for your refusal.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by TDultimate(m): 8:13pm On Nov 30, 2017
ayotho:
1. purpose of visit
4.Travel history

1. Admission letter
3.  NYSC posting letter.
4. Academic transcript
5. Nichme Certificate
8. IELTS Result
11. Waec Result
12 . Birth Certificate
15. Two passport
16. SOP
22. Police certificate

Sorry for the long post.

Thanks

Not bad..
But honestly I feel most of ur work need to b done in ur sop..
If u can write an interesting sop tackling your refusal reasons.. Ur docs r enuf for supporting evidence..
Add a lot of prayers too..
Uld b good to go!!
Wishing u congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ezducan: 8:32pm On Nov 30, 2017
I have a similar issue of sponsor and got rejected last week. I am assuming there may be other reasons too so I am waiting for gcms notes.I am also confused why visa officer should have issue with sponsorship. My uncle is sponsoring me. you should first try to get gcms notes to see what is going on in the visa officer's head.

ayotho:
1. purpose of visit
4.Travel history

1. Admission letter
3.  NYSC posting letter.
4. Academic transcript
5. Nichme Certificate
8. IELTS Result
11. Waec Result
12 . Birth Certificate
15. Two passport
16. SOP
22. Police certificate

Sorry for the long post.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Josh1996: 8:51pm On Nov 30, 2017
Pleas with all this visa rejection wahala it's really getting me scared for canada. Pls does this difficulty in getting the visa apply to USA?
and pls he gurus in the house should help me list the documents required for the visa application as welll as the procedures to follow to get the visa after admission. Thanks bosses
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OFFICIALAEL: 9:18pm On Nov 30, 2017
Josh1996:
Pleas with all this visa rejection wahala it's really getting me scared for canada. Pls does this difficulty in getting the visa apply to USA?
and pls he gurus in the house should help me list the documents required for the visa application as welll as the procedures to follow to get the visa after admission. Thanks bosses

Yes America study visa seems to be a bit easy to get, but you should also remember that nothing good comes easy. With proper documentation and SOP as the gurus in the house have stated one can get Canada study permit, regardless of the program (Masters, Pgd, pgc, Bsc.. etc)you’re applying for. As regards documents and procedures to get Canada visa after admission check page 0 of this thread, here’s the link

https://www.nairaland.com/3948393/canadian-student-visa-thread-part
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 30, 2017
Getting admission in USA am not sure is difficult, but staying back in USA after graduation is the big issue, since we most Nigerians want to relocate to better country that would be safe and where one can work and settled down. My candid advise is that don't give up on Canada, because Canada is still one of the best place to study, work and settled down with family. So, I understand what you are going through for now, I too have been denied admission twice, keep on pressing you will get favour from God and from the VO.

Josh1996:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Oben209(f): 11:08pm On Nov 30, 2017
Please What’s a pre masters viewed as?. There’s an option of premaster in a course I applied for.. does it stand a higher chance than a pgd /pgc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 11:47pm On Nov 30, 2017
@Abiodunne, how far with your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Abiodunne: 1:13am On Dec 01, 2017
GlitteringStar:
@Abiodunne, how far with your application?

still nothing yet.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 1:19am On Dec 01, 2017
Abiodunne:

still nothing yet.

Really? sad sad May the Lord intervene and grant you your heart's desire soon. It is well.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 2:16am On Dec 01, 2017
Abiodunne:

still nothing yet.

Don't write them again. The last letter I wrote for you is enough and speak volumes. I believe you are going to get a decision soon, give or take in two months maximum.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 2:31am On Dec 01, 2017
Oben209:
Please What’s a pre masters viewed as?. There’s an option of premaster in a course I applied for.. does it stand a higher chance than a pgd /pgc

What univsrsities's pre master program are you looking into and how long is it? Pre masters is a course of study that is a precondition for admission into a master's program usually within the same university. Yes, this is slightly better than a PGD/C. I feel with a pre masters, one can better be able to argue to a VO the bonafides of their course of study than a PGD/C.

Actually, a pre masters is the kind of program people who already have a Canadian visitor visa, should look into. That is those that don't want to deal with the difficulty and stress of applying for a student visa from Nigeria and want to apply for the student visa while in Canada. The only exception that Canadian immigration law allows to apply for a student visa within Canada while on a visiting visa, is if you were studying a short course in Canada that is a precondition to acceptance into a full fledged course of study:

students who have completed a short-term course or program of study, which is a condition for acceptance at a designated institution.

www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=483&top=15&_ga=2.262128395.742460569.1512091984-1030161800.1512091984

I think a pre masters, if it is within 6 months or so, no more than a year, will suffice because it is precondition of acceptance into a course of study into an institution upon successful completion. That is one of the ways I think you can get a student visa while in Canada on a visiting visa. Check with the immigration officers while in Canada before embarking. But in my thinking and understanding, I think this fits the specification.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ayotho: 3:29am On Dec 01, 2017
Frankrobbn1:

I'm very sorry to hear that your visa got refused. You have a good profile over there.
Please tell the house what level of education you are going for.... MSc,PDG/C,PHD? So we can know where to start from.

Thank you as you reciprocate.

Once more sorry for your refusal.

Masters in mechanical engineering (automotive option ) . Thank you sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ayotho: 3:33am On Dec 01, 2017
TDultimate:

Not bad..
But honestly I feel most of ur work need to b done in ur sop..
If u can write an interesting sop tackling your refusal reasons.. Ur docs r enuf for supporting evidence..
Add a lot of prayers too..
Uld b good to go!!
Wishing u congratulations

okay sir. I would improve on my sop.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by thesoj: 4:40am On Dec 01, 2017
jnyuwa02, great work on the thread bro. More power to your elbows, and I'm looking forward to hearing news about your successful TRV application.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 6:25am On Dec 01, 2017
thesoj:
jnyuwa02, great work on the thread bro. More power to your elbows, and I'm looking forward to hearing news about your successful TRV application.

Thanks TheSoj, I really appreciate the felicities, hope all is well with you!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Lagos2canna: 10:25am On Dec 01, 2017
ayotho:
1. purpose of visit
4.Travel history

1. Admission letter
3.  NYSC posting letter.
4. Academic transcript
5. Nichme Certificate
8. IELTS Result
11. Waec Result
12 . Birth Certificate
15. Two passport
16. SOP
22. Police certificate

Sorry for the long post.

Thanks
Sorry about the delay, you need to be prayerful, i will advise you to work on your SOP and study permit questionnaire.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ayotho: 12:08pm On Dec 01, 2017
Lagos2canna:

Sorry about the delay, you need to be prayerful, i will advise you to work on your SOP and study permit questionnaire.

Sir, can you please enlighten me on issues to lay emphasis as regard to the sop. Thanks for the concern.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Lagos2canna: 1:15pm On Dec 01, 2017
ayotho:

Sir, can you please enlighten me on issues to lay emphasis as regard to the sop. Thanks for the concern.
Answer these questions in your SOP:
Why did you select your proposed program?
How does your selected program differ from similar programs available in Nigeria?
Include only documents that are relevant to your course because some certificate will make the V. O think you are going there to work not school.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 01, 2017
This thread has been so boring. sad sad

May the Lord let the anointing of TRV approvals flow on this thread.

I wish all admission hopefuls a positive outcome too.

It will surely end in praise. kiss

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.