Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,243 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (375) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (825861 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by DareAkande: 9:25pm On Dec 02, 2017
Austinpee4:

Firstly, congratulations!

I think you should follow the leading of your mind and do what you truly want and that which would give you peace of mind. If you can afford the fees in Canada, it's not a bad option. If you the USA education is giving you a lead start to you desirables academically, still not a bad option. Everything comes down to what it is for you and your goals. You should adequately identify them and proceed as you deem satisfactory.

@Austinpee4
I will keep all options open and allow God to set the path. There is still an option for PhD in Canada and express entry is also another possibility. I could also go to Canada but I may need time to end some things in the USA before I can relocate.

In all, it's God that directs us.

To all the guys on this thread, I thank you for your support and contributions to your fellow people. Keep up the good work.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ope100(m): 9:48pm On Dec 02, 2017
Worry less about dress code sir. Whichever you choose will do. Cheers
Pyale:
Hello,
I will be going for my Biometric in Lagos on Monday. I was told it takes just 5 mins to do it. So was wondering if I should dress smartly or just any casual wear would do. I would prefer to dress casually, though. Those that have gone, please advise me so I don't go to Lagos with shoes that I don't need tomorrow. Thank you...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Pyale: 10:12pm On Dec 02, 2017
Ope100:
Worry less about dress code sir. Whichever you choose will do. Cheers

OK, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nowayo4Real: 10:18pm On Dec 02, 2017
OK.
Thanks a lot bro
HiredGames:

Get a GTBank card.

Rate is at N290 to $1CAD

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Abiodunne: 10:21pm On Dec 02, 2017
A big thanks to everyone wishing me well. I appreciate you all. The wait wasn't easy sha but God did it at His own time.

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Asihanmi: 10:29pm On Dec 02, 2017
EJIZY:

Hi...your profile is similar to mine and I was also rejected last month also for just Purpose of visit after 12 weeks...I didn’t really get what they meant though Cus that was the only place ticked. I will advise you try the EE because Based on your information you seem really qualified. I already got my ITA and submitted my application. This study permit just seems getting difficult by the day, I don’t know how else this people want to be convinced, it’s really frustrating.

Did you pay part of your tuition and what percentage did you make if you did?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ambro123: 12:00am On Dec 03, 2017
@justwise There is more advertising happening by other companies in the Express entry forum. You might want to look at them as well and just not focus on one unless you have a strong reason to support the ones there
justwise:
@ezducan

Please stop advertising that website here. People should use official Canadian embassy link to order their gcms.

No 3rd party website will be allowed here.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dayjeee(m): 12:17am On Dec 03, 2017
good morning house, if someone secures a funding for masters, is it necessary to present statement of account before visa can be approved?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ademo1: 12:22am On Dec 03, 2017
Good job guys,
I am a Civil engineer, 35 years old with MSc and over seven years of experience. I want to have a Canadian graduate certificate in construction management which I have applied for in a toronto college. Bearing it in mind that I have had MSc b4, I hope while applying for visa I will not be denied due to a lower degree PGD. I cannot get master of construction management because they require minimum of second class upper. I have lower in my BSc. The aim is to aquire more knowledge on how to manage construction projects.

My second question: the cost of the program is C$13k and my monthly salary is 170k but my uncle wants to sponsor the program because I don't have more than 1m in my account. Will this not going to spell doom for the TRV? If yes, what is your advice on proof of funds? Because I don't want to pay non refundable tuition fees deposit and be denied because of the account. The uncle doesn't bear same surname with me.

Please, can someone help me diligently answer the questions.
Thanks for the anticipated responses
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 2:05am On Dec 03, 2017
Abiodunne:
yayyyyy help scream God is good!!!! Finally my application has been approved.

praiseeeeeeeeee the lord, big congrats!!!!!!!!!!!, am so happy for you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Kt123: 6:44am On Dec 03, 2017
Praise God. Congratulations Abiodunne and thank God for giving you the grace to hold on despite the discouragement. All glory must be given to God.
I've been an observer. You guys are doing a good job here. My son's Trv was just approved, though, he filled before I got to know of this platform, a lot of insight was gained after knowing it.

All glory be to God.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 6:53am On Dec 03, 2017
dayjeee:
good morning house, if someone secures a funding for masters, is it necessary to present statement of account before visa can be approved?

compare the funding with the cost of tuition and living expenses. if the funding does not cover all, you still need to present more funds.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dayjeee(m): 7:00am On Dec 03, 2017
WEIRDPC:

compare the funding with the cost of tuition and living expenses. if the funding does not cover all, you still need to present more funds.
ok, thanks bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 03, 2017
Sleemzy13:
Hello Guys
Pls i need ur assistant, i've just been accepted at the New Brunswick Community College for Business Administration - Management and i heavr been asked to proceed for the Study Permit with the prove of acceptance letter they sent to me and i am asked to pay $500 non refundable to keep a seat. But, i was told that, one has to be certified with all the required Docs for assessments by the VO.

So pls, i will need you to help me in listing all the necessary docs i must get in other to certified the VO coz, i am a newbie in this traveling process stuff.
Another one is, my sponsor is my Dad and i am working for him at his company, but the statement of account he will use will be in his company's name, so pls how can i confuse the VO that my Dad owns the company?
The last one is, a letter in my surname is different from my Dad's as in.. He is using Anifowose whilst i am using Anifowos'h'e, pls i hope this wouldn't be an implication for me?
hello i want to apply for my younger brother international business Management at new brunswick college ,pls how did u fill in the mailing address on the online form because Nigeria is not there...2 how did you send hard copies of transcript by nipost or dhl 3 what document did u used ..thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by EJIZY: 2:42pm On Dec 03, 2017
[quote author=Asihanmi post=62927205][/quote]

No I did not, it was not compulsory.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by zan1999: 2:48pm On Dec 03, 2017
Hello house, on the 21st November, 2017 I did my upfront medical and that is the same day I did my biometric and submitted my study permit application. Three day later, I got a call from the clinic that my medical was OK and they have submitted but up till now it has not reflected in a cic account. Is there any reason for me to worried? My resumption date is January 3rd.
PhD Biomedical Engineering, University of Manitoba.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mamacajah: 3:08pm On Dec 03, 2017
Abiodunne:
Congratulations oh! Finally my brethern, let s move on to the promised land. kei this xmas go sweet for your house oh.. abeg send us e-addy grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WorkiooNigeria: 4:49pm On Dec 03, 2017
Hlo.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Lagos2canna: 5:12pm On Dec 03, 2017
WorkiooNigeria:
Hlo... Can some help me understand. I applied for fall 2018... Been waiting for response. How long does it take to get response from the school (Manitoba University) pls help a brother...
Around March to April, go through the school website very well you can mail the person in-charge of your dept.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by matic12: 5:25pm On Dec 03, 2017
zan1999:
Hello house, on the 21st November, 2017 I did my upfront medical and that is the same day I did my biometric and submitted my study permit application. Three day later, I got a call from the clinic that my medical was OK and they have submitted but up till now it has not reflected in a cic account. Is there any reason for me to worried? My resumption date is January 3rd.
PhD Biomedical Engineering, University of Manitoba.

let's chat up am also going to university of Manitoba
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sugaro: 5:25pm On Dec 03, 2017
ademo1:
Good job guys,
I am a Civil engineer, 35 years old with MSc and over seven years of experience. I want to have a Canadian graduate certificate in construction management which I have applied for in a toronto college. Bearing it in mind that I have had MSc b4, I hope while applying for visa I will not be denied due to a lower degree PGD. I cannot get master of construction management because they require minimum of second class upper. I have lower in my BSc. The aim is to aquire more knowledge on how to manage construction projects.

My second question: the cost of the program is C$13k and my monthly salary is 170k but my uncle wants to sponsor the program because I don't have more than 1m in my account. Will this not going to spell doom for the TRV? If yes, what is your advice on proof of funds? Because I don't want to pay non refundable tuition fees deposit and be denied because of the account. The uncle doesn't bear same surname with me.

why not try the express entry pathway, ur profile looks good, besides u get to study at a cheaper rate. It's even faster now once u have ur documents ready.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sugaro: 5:34pm On Dec 03, 2017
Abiodunne:
The longest wait!!! Many congrats bro! So happy for u.....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by klexycole(m): 5:46pm On Dec 03, 2017
Anyone in Memorial University, Newfoundland? Please, kindly signify.

Thank you. smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ezducan: 6:02pm On Dec 03, 2017
@justwise I didnt know that Canadian embassy allows non-canadians to order gcms NOW. Until yesterday that was not the case. Do you have evidence/proof/link for the statement that you made? Or was it something that you just assumed without researching?? Please understand there is no way that we can apply directly to CIC for the notes. WE ARE NOT AUTHOURIZED AND THATS THE RULE BY CIC. I just answered a question that was posted by a forum member so I dont know what made you think it was an advertisement. What answer were you expecting My answer was correct but you deleted it. Now your answer is incorrect and you have provided the incorrect info which is against the CIC rule. I dont know how many people were misguided that they can order it themselves. not all info is advertising. some are really useful so people know which ones are genuine and which are fraud. It is always better to respectfully message the forum member and ask first as we are all here to help each other. For study permit, we are sometimes bound to use third party services. I wish that was not the case but you have to accept that sometimes payments transfers, credit cards, gcms notes etc may be third parties but you dont know how important they are.

justwise:
@ezducan

Please stop advertising that website here. People should use official Canadian embassy link to order their gcms.

No 3rd party website will be allowed here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by zan1999: 6:09pm On Dec 03, 2017
matic12:

let's chat up am also going to university of Manitoba
Which department and when are you resuming.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by hurricanesgrace: 9:05pm On Dec 03, 2017
Congrat abiodunne.

Just sent you a pm now. Thanks

Abiodunne:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Olakunlae: 10:24pm On Dec 03, 2017
WorkiooNigeria:
Hlo... Can some help me understand. I applied for fall 2018... Been waiting for response. How long does it take to get response from the school (Manitoba University) pls help a brother...

It took 1 month and 20days for them to send me their final decision.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ohcanada(m): 1:15am On Dec 04, 2017
Abiodunne:
CONGRATS BIODUN
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by TDultimate(m): 6:51am On Dec 04, 2017
Good morning..
I greet everyone..
Pls how can I easily reduce PDF file size..
I've already compressed online but its still above 4mb
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 7:06am On Dec 04, 2017
dayjeee:

Absolutely you need to present statement of account even as a fully funded prospective student. Cover all grounds and make your application full proof, leaving nothing to chance. VOs do deny people for lack of asset in country of residence. Your money in the bank or property can help put to rest that ground of denial. Even as a fully funded candidate you have to meet that ground, tie in country of residence ground which is another way to look at it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 7:17am On Dec 04, 2017
ademo1:
Good job guys,

I see the VO already saying something to the effect of they are not convinced that applicant is a genuine student, that your lack of financial resources and difficult condition in the country makes them believe you are trying to use PGD as way of effecting entry into Canada as an immigrant. That said there are ways out. Write a compelling SOP on your passion for construction management and what motivated you at this age to want to undertake a difficult and expensive trip to Canada, rather than studying it in Nigeria. In essence, answering the question of why not Nigeria is critical. Why not a masters degree, why PGD as you already alluded, is also critical. Your application would be difficult to prevail on without very good approach. Uncle should present his bank statement with an affidavit of support explaining cogently your relationship. And hope you have strong ties to Nigeria like property, wife and children. Good luck!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by oriazowan: 7:17am On Dec 04, 2017
Good morning gurus in the house. Please I need your candid advise. I applied for my study permit in October and till date there has been no update on my application except for my biometrics. I am to resume by Jan 3, 2018 and I already deferred from September 2017 so I can no longer defer according to the school rule. I am scared because I do not want to lose my admission. Please can the house advise me on what I can probably do in this case? My university is UNBC. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.