Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,345 members, 7,853,533 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:36 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (448) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (844586 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by likeababygirl: 11:38pm On Feb 04, 2018
yes, you can.

adesbaba:
Family

..Pls can one do a 8 months or 1 yrs PGD and immediately apply for MBA while still in Canada there....CP's I plan to run my mba immediately after my pgd
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Phocusjosh(m): 12:25am On Feb 05, 2018
Orlarshaynee:
Hello, I am about applying to Manitoba for the same course as you (Msc Agribusiness and Agric Econs), I want to know how you wrote your biographical sketch, I just need a format because I think this is different from personal stamens. Thanks
Hello, sorry for the late response. Biographical sketch is the same thing as personal statement or statement of intent. You have to write a very strong and convincing statement of intent(Biographical sketch) highlighting your motivations, research interest, your goals after completion of Msc. program, why Manitoba, and your academic achievements. Just short and precise (One to two pages is enough, it all depends on your use of words).
I hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ademcoboy(m): 6:30am On Feb 05, 2018
Luje:
Hello guru's in d house. Have just been given an admission to study in one of the colleges in canada. Prior to this admission, I already joined an association in Canada since 2016 and have always been paying my dues annually and also participating in any of d conferences meetings the association always had via Skype or other means of communication. Am provisional member of the association aspiring to become a full member b4 I can practise forestry in Canada. And b4 I can practise , I wii have to arrange with an RPF( Registered professional forester) in Canada to sponsor or mentor me to have forestry experience in Canada. Without dis , I can't practise in Canada. I joined d association as a provisional member working towards my full membership which is RPF.
All my efforts to get a mentor since 2016 has been no avail ,so, tru dis association I got to know about dis skool dat gave me dis admission. My course coordinator who happen to be an RPF as agreed to mentor me during and after my course of study in d skool with d consent of d association bcox the association as discussed with him on my behalf which make him agreed to mentor me.
Have gotten all d necessary informations I need to get from him and the association and also a signed agreement form that he's mentoring me .
My questions now is dat.....after given an admission into d skool, is it necessary for me to apply dose documents with my study permits documents when applying? I need the guru's in d aous to put me through? Plz!!!!!!

Hello, am also a forester. Got my first degree in Forestry. I will be going to University of Alberta, Canada this fall for my msc...
Do you have previous degree in Forestry?
Can't you apply for Msc forestry?
I will be glad if you can't share your profile with me..
I will send you a mail....kindly reply and let's connect.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Vichee1(f): 8:14am On Feb 05, 2018
[quote author=penitential post=64778070

Good morning fam, I graduated in November 2017 and I studied Industrial Relations and Personnel Management with a CGPA of 4.47 and I will like to do my Master's in Human Resource Management. I have tried searching for schools who offer such courses in Canada but they are only few and I plan to use my NYSC as my home tie and tell them that I plan on doing it after my masters. plz is that idea good enough
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:19am On Feb 05, 2018
Vichee1:
[quote author=penitential post=64778070

Good morning fam, I graduated in November 2017 and I studied Industrial Relations and Personnel Management with a CGPA of 4.47 and I will like to do my Master's in Human Resource Management. I have tried searching for schools who offer such courses in Canada but they are only few and I plan to use my NYSC as my home tie and tell them that I plan on doing it after my masters. plz is that idea good enough

There are many things to be used as home tie: siblings, parents, landed property, companies, investments etc. You can add any of these to your NYSC.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Vichee1(f): 8:28am On Feb 05, 2018
[quote author=ademcoboy post=64739209]
Thanks dear, I will do that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Vichee1(f): 8:30am On Feb 05, 2018
[quote author=Slik07 post=64799020][/quote]
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jahluv: 8:38am On Feb 05, 2018
Hello @ Slik07, Please i have pm you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by hotcakept2: 10:56am On Feb 05, 2018
maygreaves:

To be Honest...No...its hard enough to get into a Nigerian University with that

Bro....pls follow back and check your email. Thanks smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by hurricanesgrace: 11:19am On Feb 05, 2018
Good morning my good people in the house
I just tracked my application now and I got dis feedback...... Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ACCRA , on 01/02/2018 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.
Please what does it mean. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Lagos2canna: 12:06pm On Feb 05, 2018
hurricanesgrace:
I just tracked my application now and I got dis feedback...... Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ACCRA , on 01/02/2018 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.
go collect am. CONGRATS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by hurricanesgrace: 12:12pm On Feb 05, 2018
Lagos2canna:

go collect am. CONGRATS

Thank you sir. But I have not done medical
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by cecechi: 1:27pm On Feb 05, 2018
Hello everyone, so a friend of mine wants to submit her application, do you think she needs to add or remove.... thanks
Academic qualifications:
1) Offer and Letter of Admission
2) Transcripts from my previous university
3) IELTS Results
4) Statement of result
5) WAEC result
6) NYSC posting letter as NYSC to be concluded April.....(she is still serving but will be done before school starts)
7) NYSC I.D card
cool Letter of explanation

Employment:
1) All previous employment letters
Other Documents:
1) Completed and signed Family Information [IMM 5645]
2) Police Clearance Certificate
3) Data page of international passport
4) Upfront medicals
Letter of sponsorship from my father showing
1) Date page of International Passport
2) Statement of Account and Letter from my father’s bank
3) Employment documents
4) Proof of relationship
Proof of funds
1)Tuition fee payment receipt for one year
2)Documents confirming campus residence and a copy of the receipt of residence deposit
3)Personal bank statement of domiciliary account with 17,000 USD for accommodation and living expenses

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by vikmeek: 4:57pm On Feb 05, 2018
hurricanesgrace:

How is ur profile like?. Then did you go through online or paper route
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Senatorkolade: 5:04pm On Feb 05, 2018
IF YOU FID NOT DO UPFRONT MEDICAL AND U GET NOTIFICATION FOR PASSPORT COLLECTION FOR STUDENT VISA, IT IS LIKELY OF REFUSAL.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by hurricanesgrace: 5:12pm On Feb 05, 2018
vikmeek:

How is ur profile like?. Then did you go through online or paper route
Good evening vikmeek, I did the paper route but I manage to link it up online and when I checked status online, dis is wat I got.
Plz find attached. Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ademcoboy(m): 7:17pm On Feb 05, 2018
hurricanesgrace:

Good evening vikmeek, I did the paper route but I manage to link it up online and when I checked status online, dis is wat I got.

Why did it show you do not meet the eligibility....
Which program are you going for?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by val4o: 7:29pm On Feb 05, 2018
Please guys i got a mail from the visa office saying this:

Visa application, Tracking Id No. 20171221GHANSTU23533- Your processed passport is ready for collection on 05/02/2018at the Canada Visa Application Centre,Lagos.

Please what does this mean... unfortunately due to some circumstances I can't track the status for my application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by teebabee34: 7:37pm On Feb 05, 2018
Hello, house

My wife will like to further her education in Canada. we are Finland residents with 1 kid. My question is, how feasible is it for all of us to get a visa if she eventually applies. what kind of visa should we be looking out to and lastly, would you advise we apply here in Europe or go to Nigeria to do that?

I wouldn't mind if you could also direct me to a specific page on this thread where i can get more info.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Daacorpaapi: 8:26pm On Feb 05, 2018
Same as mine.... Refused
hurricanesgrace:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 9:45pm On Feb 05, 2018
val4o:
Please guys i got a mail from the visa office saying this:

Visa application, Tracking Id No. 20171221GHANSTU23533- Your processed passport is ready for collection on 05/02/2018at the Canada Visa Application Centre,Lagos.

Please what does this mean... unfortunately due to some circumstances I can't track the status for my application
If you have done medical then it's 50/50 (approval ) but if you haven't done medical then it's 99/1 (denial)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 9:50pm On Feb 05, 2018
teebabee34:
Hello, house

My wife will like to further her education in Canada. we are Finland residents with 1 kid. My question is, how feasible is it for all of us to get a visa if she eventually applies. what kind of visa should we be looking out to and lastly, would you advise we apply here in Europe or go to Nigeria to do that?

I wouldn't mind if you could also direct me to a specific page on this thread where i can get more info.
What's your status in Finland? If you have a residents permit there then APPLY there but if on visit then you will have to apply from Nigeria.
Yes you all can apply together (your wife applying for study permit whole you and your baby apply for spousal ) but know she will have to show enough funds for the additional members (you and your kid). I always advise the in applicant to apply first then after her's has been approved you and your kid can now apply for yours

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 10:45pm On Feb 05, 2018
cecechi:
Hello everyone, so a friend of mine wants to submit her application, do you think she needs to add or remove.... thanks
Academic qualifications:
1) Offer and Letter of Admission
2) Transcripts from my previous university
3) IELTS Results
4) Statement of result
5) WAEC result
6) NYSC posting letter as NYSC to be concluded April.....(she is still serving but will be done before school starts)
7) NYSC I.D card
cool Letter of explanation

Employment:
1) All previous employment letters
Other Documents:
1) Completed and signed Family Information [IMM 5645]
2) Police Clearance Certificate
3) Data page of international passport
4) Upfront medicals
Letter of sponsorship from my father showing
1) Date page of International Passport
2) Statement of Account and Letter from my father’s bank
3) Employment documents
4) Proof of relationship
Proof of funds
1)Tuition fee payment receipt for one year
2)Documents confirming campus residence and a copy of the receipt of residence deposit
3)Personal bank statement of domiciliary account with 17,000 USD for accommodation and living expenses

Hello:
Your friend profile is good.
If I may ask what's her level of education.... BSc, PGD, MSc, phd applicant? Is her intended program relevant to her previous studies/job role.

From the look of things, she have done a good job by paying full tuition and transferring funds into a dormicarly account, letting the visa officer know that funds are readily available/accesible by the applicant and can be easily exported to Canada.?

But you have failed to list the sponspors documents and source of income.... Is the sponsor business incline or gainfully employed?

Answer these questions, then we know how best to help your friend(her) case.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by sogima(f): 10:49pm On Feb 05, 2018
Please i just got admitted to University of Windsor i have accepted my offer but really dont know how to start with my visa application.
Can someone direct me

hurricanesgrace:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by teebabee34: 11:15pm On Feb 05, 2018
Thanks for your advise.

My child is only 5 months old atm. but she should be around 1+ by the time we fully start her mums application. Do you think it would be appropriate for her mum to apply alone considering the baby's age at that time? Especially if you think we will somehow appear in her mums application as proof of tie plus I'll definitely be her main sponsor.

mcobex:
What's your status in Finland? If you have a residents permit there then APPLY there but if on visit then you will have to apply from Nigeria.
Yes, you all can apply together (your wife applying for study permit whole you and your baby apply for spousal ) but know she will have to show enough funds for the additional members (you and your kid). I always advise the in applicant to apply first then after her's has been approved you and your kid can now apply for yours
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 11:24pm On Feb 05, 2018
sogima:
Please i just got admitted to University of Windsor i have accepted my offer but really dont know how to start with my visa application.
Can someone direct me

Congratulations. because it is Windsor, I will offer my guidance. Have you read about the requirements for visa application on page 0? Have you printed your offer letter from eGAS, ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 11:41pm On Feb 05, 2018
sogima:
Can someone direct me

Go to the first page and you will see almost everything you need to know. Come back and ask specific questions after reading the first page.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 11:46pm On Feb 05, 2018
teebabee34:
Thanks for your advise.

My child is only 5 months old atm. but she should be around 1+ by the time we fully start her mums application. Do you think it would be appropriate for her mum to apply alone considering the baby's age at that time? Especially if you think we will somehow appear in her mums application as proof of tie plus I'll definitely be her main sponsor.

The mum can apply for the baby immediately but just like I said you will need more funds. She should look for creche in Canada (same city as her school) or nanny that she will keep the baby whenever she has classes. She needs to prove to the visa officer that she has made all those provisions pending when she and baby arrive Canada. As for yours you can apply at the same time but my sincere advise is allow her and baby to apply first then you can apply immediately hers has been approved.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 12:41am On Feb 06, 2018
teebabee34:
Hello, house

You will have no problems whatsoever getting approved for a Canadian visa as far as you can prove financial ability. Apply all at the same time, I forsee no problems whatsoever. Apply there in Finland, don't even make the mistake of coming to apply in Nigeria. Endless waiting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by MarieAnn2012: 4:51am On Feb 06, 2018
Good day Veterans and Pros,
I have been following this thread for a while. THis has really helped me.

Please I want to know, if it is compulsory one pays the school fees to get the TRV?
Please any insight would be appreciated.

cc justwise jnyuwa02 mcobex
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 7:41am On Feb 06, 2018
MarieAnn2012:

Please I want to know, if it is compulsory one pays the school fees to get the TRV?

Hello MarieAnn2012.

It should be noted that payment of tuition fees is not a prerequisite for visa approval. However, from my experience, I have discovered that when you pay your tuition fees (mostly when you're using a third party sponsorship) before you apply for your study permit, it significantly increases your chances of receiving a visa. I believe that when you pay your tuition fees upfront, you are convincing the visa officer that your primary reason to come to Canada is for education(Genuine Student). So, I recommend that you pay a portion of your tuition fees (ideally at least for your first semester), or full tuition fees (if you can afford it), before you apply for your student visa.

And don’t worry, your tuition fees are safe and secure with the Canadian educational institution. In a case where your visa is refused by the Canadian High Commission, the Canadian school will refund your tuition fees.
So ask yourself, do you want to increase your chance of receiving a visa? If yes, then pay your tuition fees.

All the best!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 8:18am On Feb 06, 2018
MarieAnn2012:

It is not compulsory but it helps a lot to show you have the funds to your disposal. Some people pay their tuition fee and still get delayed though .

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (501)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.