Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (458) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (837340 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by gcmsnote: 9:31pm On Feb 12, 2018
SeedofDavid:
Hello FAM, please I'll like a clarification... I'm hearing that if one does his/her PGD at a college, they cannot use it to proceed to Masters. Please how true is this?

That's not true. You can use PGD from a college to apply for Masters as long as you have a BSc prior. People that finished their first degree with 2:2 or less can use college to augment their result and apply for Masters (It's like getting extra credit). I know a few people who have done this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by gcmsnote: 9:35pm On Feb 12, 2018
ChuksEbube:
Please is anyone heading to Georgian College, Barrie? Looking for whom to split rent with..... Buzz me. Thanks

You can post on Kijiji.ca. you should find someone looking for a roommate.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ChuksEbube: 10:16pm On Feb 12, 2018
mcobex:
That's not true, he needs a visiting visa or tourist visa. He needs study visa if the program is above 6months

Thanks, I stand to be corrected.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ChuksEbube: 10:19pm On Feb 12, 2018
Moley22:

Hello,
You need to provide answers that are correct and not based on your assumptions as there are thousands of nigerians visiting and seeking information here!

Regards.

Hey fam, you don't have to sound like I would give out info that ain't correct, intentionally. Infact, I didn't fail to admit that was my first time hearing about a 2months program. Maybe I should I written a disclaimer afterwards. No one knows it all, because if we all do, there won't be any need for nairaland wink
Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Amakyzuu: 10:37pm On Feb 12, 2018
Slik07:

You can check Wes.org and follow the online instructions.

I did, but could only get it on WES US. WES CA doesn't allow you put in courses and grades. Has anyone else noticed this or does the outcome work in Canada too?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jahluv: 10:41pm On Feb 12, 2018
Hello Family,

Please i will like to know if it is OK to submit an application with an acceptance letter printed from a soft copy that was sent into my email. I am asking because the university graduate school is not ready to sent a hard copy of the letter after l ve contacted them.

I will also like to know if i can apply as a self sponsor considering the fact that my annual tuition fee is CAD4,300. I ve paid CAD10,250 into my student account at the university and I ve an annual funding of CAD10,488, but I only ve 250,000 Naira in my personal account that i want to apply with.

Please all suggestions are warmly welcome.
Thanks and best regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 11:12pm On Feb 12, 2018
Amakyzuu:

I did, but could only get it on WES US. WES CA doesn't allow you put in courses and grades. Has anyone else noticed this or does the outcome work in Canada too?

WES CA does. It will ask you to input your grades either in % or alphabets.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 11:20pm On Feb 12, 2018
Jahluv:
Hello Family,

Please i will like to know if it is OK to submit an application with an acceptance letter printed from a soft copy that was sent into my email. I am asking because the university graduate school is not ready to sent a hard copy of the letter after l ve contacted them.

I will also like to know if i can apply as a self sponsor considering the fact that my annual tuition fee is CAD4,300. I ve paid CAD10,250 into my student account at the university and I ve an annual funding of CAD10,488, but I only ve 250,000 Naira in my personal account that i want to apply with.

Thanks and best regards.

Hello Jahluv,
It is perfectly okay to submit a coloured soft copy of your acceptance letter, As most schools If not all have diverted to issuing students acceptance letter by email (electronic method) no longer hard copy (By courier).

Yes you can also sponspor yourself, but there are many factors you should put into consideration: like future funding( what's your Source of income) and also while sponsporing yourself you need to show funds in excess i.e not only for the first year, but for the rest of your stay in Canada(Tuition and living expenses for the full program).

I best advise you pay up your fees and living expenses while you get someone with good inflow and outflow of cash in his bank statement to stand as your sponsor.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by chatmate: 12:03am On Feb 13, 2018
Jahluv:
Hello Family,

Thanks and best regards.

4300$ per year is this college or uni. I d like to apply for my brother o. If it’s a year course you are good to go if NOT bro please find sponsor o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jahluv: 12:37am On Feb 13, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Hello Jahluv,
It is perfectly okay to submit a coloured soft copy of your acceptance letter, As most schools If not all have diverted to issuing students acceptance letter by email (electronic method) no longer hard copy (By courier).

Yes you can also sponspor yourself, but there are many factors you should put into consideration: like future funding( what's your Source of income) and also while sponsporing yourself you need to show funds in excess i.e no...........while you get someone with good inflow and outflow of cash in his bank statement to stand as your sponsor.

Cheers!

Hello Bro., thanks for your advice.

I ve already paid CAD10,248 which covers the two years tuition fee(I.e 4300 *2) and in excess and my plan is to use the graduate school funding of CAD10,488 annually for two year as my living expenses. I am afraid that the VO may think that i will not ve enough for transportation considering having only 250,000 Naira in my personal account.

I am going for two years Masters program at MUN.

Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Amakyzuu: 2:32am On Feb 13, 2018
Slik07:

WES CA does. It will ask you to input your grades either in % or alphabets.

Pls can you check again cos it's WES US that has that option. I've done the whole input and need to be sure that I can use the outcome to apply for admission. Thank u
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 6:45am On Feb 13, 2018
ChuksEbube:

Thanks, I stand to be corrected.
No problem bro

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by swisster: 7:09am On Feb 13, 2018
na wa o. This NASU strike is really affecting alot of pipo o,this pipo shud please call of the strike so dat i can get my transcript o.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by larry10: 7:29am On Feb 13, 2018
Jahluv:

I ve already paid CAD10,248 which covers the two years tuition fee(I.e 4300 *2) and in excess and my plan is to use the graduate school funding of CAD10,488 annually for two year as my living expenses. I am afraid that the VO may think that i will not ve enough for transportation considering having only 250,000 Naira in my personal account.

Regards.

Pls what school is this??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 7:29am On Feb 13, 2018
Jahluv:
Hello Family,

Thanks and best regards.
Regarding funding you are good to go. In place of funds fill scholarship from school then support it with a proof from the school.
NB: Please make sure you emphasize BOLDLY on the full funding on your SIP just to let the vo know.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 7:45am On Feb 13, 2018
Jahluv:

Regards.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 8:08am On Feb 13, 2018
Jahluv:

Regards.

Bro, I will advise you use your funding as tuition fee and the remaining and the $10,488 as your living expenses. Cos you might end up confusing the vo of you go the other way.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jahluv: 8:40am On Feb 13, 2018
larry10:

Pls what school is this??
It's Memorial University of Newfoundland.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by cuteesthy(f): 8:50am On Feb 13, 2018
please is Ontario college graduate certificate the same thing as post graduate diploma cos am finding it difficult to select a course in college for PGD, I kept seeing Ontario college graduate certificate, meanwhile I have searched in universities too for PGD but the requirement is GPA of 3.00 which is 2.1 but my result is 2.2
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Cherryola: 9:04am On Feb 13, 2018
Pls house help me out with your ideas i haven't pay for my tuition fee and both my sponsor and co sponsorship Can't transfer money to my acct how can I proof the VO that the money in there acct is meant for my support during my stay in Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 9:15am On Feb 13, 2018
Cherryola:
Pls house help me out with your ideas i haven't pay for my tuition fee and both my sponsor and co sponsorship Can't transfer money to my acct how can I proof the VO that the money in there acct is meant for my support during my stay in Canada

I'm sorry it will be tough for such application to scale throught without commitment. Third party sponsor have to show commitment towards sponsoring your education by either paying part/full tuition and transferring funds into your dorm/personal account.

Please don't submit your application without this.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by AKUPSME: 9:18am On Feb 13, 2018
Jahluv:
Hello Family,

Thanks and best regards.

Bros let's connect
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 9:33am On Feb 13, 2018
Jahluv:

Regards.

Hello:
I have seen cases of applicants that were refused of their study visa even with full funding. Yes! your current financial status is okay. As Mcobex have said its better you use the funding you received from MUN for your tuition, while your cater for your living expenses. But in this case now, you have already paid your tuition and I don't think it can be reversed.

To cut the long story short : 250K is on a low side, Please get a SPONSPOR to support your application or boast your account( for like 1M) before submitting your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by vibrant99(m): 9:40am On Feb 13, 2018
Thanks brother, The 'whys' you asked are they to be tackled by me or to slow me down?
I thought people went for conferences that lasted 3-10 days? i don't also think Scholarships is thrown around in Canada, i could hardly read up to 10 people here applying to studying in canada with a scholarship! so there should be more to it and you could aslo have inquired, but i appreciate you lines and guidelines , I put it into consideration, but in its entirety, does it mean the time of study would affect the outcome of the visa? What do i know.
Frankrobbn1:

Wrong information...... MISLEADING
Please if you don't have answers to a particular question, kindly move on to questions you have relevant answers on. Thank you!

Andre99 is correct you have to apply for a tourist/visitor Visa (The both are the same). While doing this, its very important to convince the visa officer that you're a genuine student and that you will leave at the end of your visit and not overstay your visa. Why are you going all the way from Nigeria to study a 2 months program, why can't you study this course in Nigeria, why Canada not Nigeria?, what are the benefits of this course after completion of studies in Canada?, Do you plan to use study permit as a means to abscond into Canada?

Be guided properly Vibrant99.

All the best.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by cecechi: 10:10am On Feb 13, 2018
hello, Good morning
US and Canadian 4.0 scale is practically the same thing, besides its a guide, if you convert it to 4.0 scale using the WES guideline, simply multiply is by 100(for percentage)... Remember, its a guide, it may be higher or lower when the school calculates it according to their standards but the difference wouldn't be so much.
Thanks
Amakyzuu:

Pls can you check again cos it's WES US that has that option. I've done the whole input and need to be sure that I can use the outcome to apply for admission. Thank u
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by cecechi: 10:26am On Feb 13, 2018
Hello jahluv,
i would agree with everyone here that you may complicating issues. I think getting a sponsor, according to Frankrobbn1 will be the right way to go. The sponsor should state in his letter of sponsorship that he has paid the full tuition of 10,248 which is in excess into your student account and the graduate school has given you funding of 10,488 which should be enough for living expenses, but he/she is capable of handling any other extra curricula expenses that may incur during your stay. Your sponsor should be the one to state all these facts. You dont need to show your personal statement of account.
please add the student account draft, letter from the school showing your funding, then as i said your sponsors financial qualifications and letter. please your sponsor should be a direct relative: brother, sister, mother or father
Jahluv:

It's Memorial University of Newfoundland.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by cecechi: 10:33am On Feb 13, 2018
Also, remember that financial qualifications is one step, dont concentrate so much on one side and allow the rest suffer, when did you graduate from school? if you just finished NYSC, fine, if not, what have you been doing? does the masters program relate to your work/previous studies? and so on. please check all these points.
cecechi:
Hello jahluv,
i would agree with everyone here that you may complicating issues. I think getting a sponsor, according to Frankrobbn1 will be the right way to go. The sponsor should state in his letter of sponsorship that he has paid the full tuition of 10,248 which is in excess into your student account and the graduate school has given you funding of 10,488 which should be enough for living expenses, but he/she is capable of handling any other extra curricula expenses that may incur during your stay. Your sponsor should be the one to state all these facts. You dont need to show your personal statement of account.
please add the student account draft, letter from the school showing your funding, then as i said your sponsors financial qualifications and letter. please your sponsor should be a direct relative: brother, sister, mother or father
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by MizempreZ: 12:06pm On Feb 13, 2018
Hello house,

Please I need help.. I'm applying for a program.. I currently don't have enough cash on my personal account, but I have a sponsor who has-been my guardian since d death of my dad in year 2000 and we don't have a common surname. D inflow and outflow of cash in his account is good.
I'm working in a government establishment n I have been given a study leave approval... So..

*Apart from landed property what else can be my home ties or d study leave letter Will be enough.
*Apart from the affidavit that will be sworn by my sponsor what else can be used to notarize d situation.. D question of paying tuition fee is out of it cos d institution advice against it.
Please advise ur sister. Thanks all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 12:33pm On Feb 13, 2018
MizempreZ:
Hello house,

Please I need help.. I'm applying for a program.. I currently don't have enough cash on my personal account, but I have a sponsor who has-been my guardian since d death of my dad in year 2000 and we don't have a common surname. D inflow and outflow of cash in his account is good.
I'm working in a government establishment n I have been given a study leave approval... So..

*Apart from landed property what else can be my home ties or d study leave letter Will be enough.
*Apart from the affidavit that will be sworn by my sponsor what else can be used to notarize d situation.. D question of paying tuition fee is out of it cos d institution advice against it.
Please advise ur sister. Thanks all
If your intended program is related to your present profession(place of work ) and you can get a leave letter stating the program will help you greatly in the office(might lead to your promotion), then that should be enough
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jahluv: 1:21pm On Feb 13, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Hello:
I have seen cases of applicants that were refused of their study visa even with full funding. Yes! your current financial status is okay. As Mcobex have said its better you use the funding you received from MUN for your tuition, while your cater for your living expenses. But in this case now, you have already paid your tuition and I don't think it can be reversed.

To cut the long story short : 250K is on a low side, Please get a SPONSPOR to support your application or boast your account( for like 1M) before submitting your application.

Well noted. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Emmaokudu: 1:56pm On Feb 13, 2018
Hello everyone,

Please is anyone going to NAIT or knows someone who is currently there?,

During the visa process, did you submit a transcript ?,
if yes, was it secondary school transcript or university transcript or did a WAEC suffice?

During my school application I sent waec, sec transcript and Uni transcript and I'm not sure of the one they used to offer me admission,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Emmaokudu: 2:30pm On Feb 13, 2018
Good day everyone,
Quick question , I am trying to enroll in a diploma program at NAIT, during the visa process, in the part that has to do with tuition fees,
am I expected the pay for the entire session that is; first and second semester or just the first semester,
fees are about $10k a semester. 2 year program, 4 semesters.

(1) (2) (3) ... (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.