Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,270 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (827887 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 09, 2017
CanadianNurse:
the cold for manitoba no be here ooo, I don dey practice under A/c grin

Lol grin grin

People have survived it and still surviving grin. I'm sure you will definitely get used to it.

By the way, this your practice under A/C cannot be compared to the cold especially during winter. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by debris: 10:48am On Aug 09, 2017
CanadianNurse:
the cold for manitoba no be here ooo, I don dey practice under A/c grin

lolz no be small thing grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 10:50am On Aug 09, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by debris: 10:52am On Aug 09, 2017
Jamiesongsingz:
PLEASE HELP!!!

Hello Everyone. Please I submitted a visa application for Undergraduate studies. I was denied study visa and more recently a south African visa unknown to me because I had requested for a withdrawal. I mentioned that I was refused visa twice for study visa but didn't mention the South African refusal. Please I need to send a mail to the Visa officers in Accra informing them so it's added as an addition. Please which email address can I send mail to?Please!!! Thanks

Bro make us understand student visa for canada or south africa?
Again list the documents you applied with so our gurus can help you also if you can shed lights on the withdrawal statements saves us time.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kunlelikeme: 11:02am On Aug 09, 2017
Hello guyz,i submitted my visa application to study in canada from here in Germany and I am yet to get an email or document to direct me to do the biomterics...i went there with the online payment confirmation page but the lady at the vfs office said i have to wait for another email and this is almost a week that I have applied and also it normally takes two weeks from here...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jamiesongsingz(m): 11:05am On Aug 09, 2017
debris:

Bro make us understand student visa for canada or south africa?
Again list the documents you applied with so our gurus can help you also if you can shed lights on the withdrawal statements saves us time.

I was denied Canadian study visa twice in the past and more recently a south African visa. In my application, I mentioned the 2 Canadian visa refusals but didn't mention the South African visa refusal. I just contacted an immigration letter who advised me to write them stating it and why I didn't mention it earlier.. Sir, what's needed is the email address of the Visa office in accra....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by DereI(f): 11:17am On Aug 09, 2017
Jamiesongsingz:

I was denied Canadian study visa twice in the past and more recently a south African visa. In my application, I mentioned the 2 Canadian visa refusals but didn't mention the South African visa refusal. I just contacted an immigration letter who advised me to write them stating it and why I didn't mention it earlier.. Sir, what's needed is the email address of the Visa office in accra....

accra.immigration@international.gc.ca

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by aliACCA: 11:18am On Aug 09, 2017
Jamiesongsingz:

accra.immigration@international.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by lexyril: 11:41am On Aug 09, 2017
Hello house, I want someone to plz shed light on this silly question for me nd please don't laugh. My question is 'do this pple really verify statement of account because I'm planning to inflate how much in my sponsor's account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 09, 2017
lexyril:
Hello house, I want someone to plz shed light on this silly question for me nd please don't laugh. My question is 'do this pple really verify statement of account because I'm planning to inflate how much in my sponsor's account.

Don't do it

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 09, 2017
Morning guys...I want to find if it is possible to get a new upfront medical slip...I submitted the only one I had for my first application and my medicals is still valid. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 09, 2017
Beyy:

Please can someone give me heads up on this. Thankyou
How can I get a police report,kindly help me out I need one for my documents
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 11:58am On Aug 09, 2017
Alantobie:
Morning guys...I want to find if it is possible to get a new upfront medical slip...I submitted the only one I had for my first application and my medicals is still valid. Thanks
Itz still valid..use it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 11:58am On Aug 09, 2017
Alantobie:
Go back to the hospital and they will help you better. Also, ensure you have photocopies of the slip this time around.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 09, 2017
Austinpee4:

Go back to the hospital and they will help you better. Also, ensure you have photocopies of the slip this time around.

Okay I will thanks. Will I have to pay money for it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 09, 2017
lexyril:

What do you mean by "inflate how much in my sponsor's account"
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Dejoh123(m): 12:03pm On Aug 09, 2017
Hello Gurus in the house please help me. My GCMS note has arrived and the VO stated that after careful consideration of the informations I provided he was not satisfied that proposed studies(Process Quality Engineering) in Canada makes sense given insufficient information on how proposed studies would improve my career prospects to a level that would offset the costs of studying in Canada instead of pursuing programs available in country of residence. Application refused

Guys please what do you think. I believe my S.O.P was not strong enough to convince the VO. I want to apply again with a different course(Applied Manufacturing Management) though very much similar to my previous proposed studies only difference is Process Quality Engineering was an 8 month program while the Applied Manufacturing Management is a 2 years PGD program.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 09, 2017
Dejoh123:
Hello Gurus in the house please help me. My GCMS note has arrived and the VO stated that after careful consideration of the informations I provided he was not satisfied that proposed studies(Process Quality Engineering) in Canada makes sense given insufficient information on how proposed studies would improve my career prospects to a level that would offset the costs of studying in Canada instead of pursuing programs available in country of residence. Application refused

Guys please what do you think. I believe my S.O.P was not strong enough to convince the VO. I want to apply again with a different course(Applied Manufacturing Management) though very much similar to my previous proposed studies only difference is Process Quality Engineering was an 8 month program while the Applied Manufacturing Management is a 2 years PGD program.

Why not an MSc, Meng or MASc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 12:29pm On Aug 09, 2017
lexyril:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ibbravura: 12:53pm On Aug 09, 2017
McOsheBaba:

Bro, is it cheaper through that route? I want to know because I go dey go Halifax once my Visa is approved.
Its cheaper to go to Halifax straight.
But am stoping by Toronto to see a friend and spend couple of days.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Dejoh123(m): 12:57pm On Aug 09, 2017
LightandDarkness:

Why not an MSc, Meng or MASc

I applied for masters but i was not accepted because my GPA was low that was why i opted for PGD
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 09, 2017
Dejoh123:

I applied for masters but i was not accepted because my GPA was low that was why i opted for PGD

I see, did you get a 2:1?.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Osemigho: 1:06pm On Aug 09, 2017
sleekysoft:
Hello Guy, Big ups to you all and wishing all potential admission applicant and TRV applicant success , i opened my mail today and i got this email from my potential supervisor(Thanks for following up. I will find something in my group for you as soon as the funding source is confirmed. I am impressed by your persistence) we have been on and off about admission since last year october.. is that a positive sign i mean for people who had experience with supervisors
THanks

Good news.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Dejoh123(m): 1:06pm On Aug 09, 2017
LightandDarkness:

I see, did you get a 2:1?.

I got a 2:2 B.Eng Mech Eng
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Darrelah: 1:16pm On Aug 09, 2017
Hello please once again
Can I send CSE with a different mail from the one I applied with? Can't access the other mail for now
Resumption date is coming and to be honest am so sad..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 1:23pm On Aug 09, 2017
Alantobie:

Okay I will thanks. Will I have to pay money for it?
I can't tell. Contact the hospital, they will tell you how you will proceed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 09, 2017

22 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by khasm(m): 1:34pm On Aug 09, 2017
Dejoh123:

The VO's concern is very explicit and straightforward.
Imo, just address the concern and let them know the reason you did not opt for a master degree. Its straightforward but dicey, in the sense that, you have to do series of justifications;
why you chose 8months program and not 2years..and relate it to cost of studying.
Most often than not, pgd/c prospective students dont do this.
I strongly advice you stick to your PQE because the VO mentioned career prospect and cost of study, if you decide to go for a 2year program which will translate to higher cost of studying, how will you erase the concern raised? And based on career prospect, employment situation can arise, this is why i said,its dicey.
In summary, stick to the same course of study, draft a convincing SOP;
explain the reason you cannot go for master degree...to clear purpose of visit,
Explain your choice of 8months program and relate it to cost and the need to get back to your job as quickly as possible,
State the difference the canadian certificate can make when you get back to your work in respect to career prospect...even though you may not want to comeback..
If you can do this, you will be fine.
They are canadians and not nigerians. They work under law and regulations. It is never stated that study permit is for master degree students only.
And of course, you may attach the gcms to your next app to show you address the concern raised.

Goodluck

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by IFY200: 1:55pm On Aug 09, 2017
Darrelah:
Hello please once again
Can I send CSE with a different mail from the one I applied with? Can't access the other mail for now
Resumption date is coming and to be honest am so sad..

sorry about the wait...its a mentally draining, harrowing experience ....unfortunately cic don't need prompts (through my observation )....They know what they are doing....its intentional

only hope and trust in God...my humble take...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 09, 2017
Dear Experts In the House,

I need your help. i just got a mail from the Canadian VIsa Centre stating that my Visa application was rejected. Reason was stated as : Ineligibility.

Details of my application are:

Paper route submitted at VFS lagos on the 3rd of May
Program: Masters of Arts in Economics, University of Windsor, Ontario.
40k Canadian dollars in personal account
Letter from Organisation where I work introducing me
Letter from Spouse's organisation where he works introducing him
Letter of SOP
Letter of sponsorship from Husband who is to remain in Nigeria during the course of study(2 years)
Property documents showing link to homeland
Copiess of academic credentials
copies of birth certificate and passport of 3 children who are to accompany me(aged 12-cool
TRV application for husband who is to accompany but return back to work immediately
No upfront medical
Admission letter from University
All other required documents.

What i need is to understand the meaning of "ineligibility". My plan is to defer the admission and reapply again almost immediately. i will however need to have a better insight on what i got wrong and how to avoid it this time.

Please i need your opinion as quickly as you can.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by likeababygirl: 2:13pm On Aug 09, 2017
Atouba:
Dear Experts In the House,

I need your help. i just got a mail from the Canadian VIsa Centre stating that my Visa application was rejected. Reason was stated as : Ineligibility.

Details of my application are:

Paper route submitted at VFS lagos on the 3rd of May
Program: Masters of Arts in Economics, University of Windsor, Ontario.
40k Canadian dollars in personal account
Letter from Organisation where I work introducing me
Letter from Spouse's organisation where he works introducing him
Letter of SOP
Letter of sponsorship from Husband who is to remain in Nigeria during the course of study(2 years)
Property documents showing link to homeland
Copiess of academic credentials
copies of birth certificate and passport of 3 children who are to accompany me(aged 12-cool
TRV application for husband who is to accompany but return back to work immediately
No upfront medical
Admission letter from University
All other required documents.

What i need is to understand the meaning of "ineligibility". My plan is to defer the admission and reapply again almost immediately. i will however need to have a better insight on what i got wrong and how to avoid it this time.

Please i need your opinion as quickly as you can.
Thank you
Your correspondence letter should carry the exact reason for the delay.
Also i think applying with all your family members weakened your profile. They are supposed to serve as your major hometies, property documents are not as strong hometies as family.
Also, defer your admission and request for your gcms note. I'll advise that you should not apply with all your kids and husband in your next application because it is quite difficult and impractical to take care of three children while studying full time with no 'help'.
Also is your previous degree related to your proposed program of study?

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jobmman: 2:39pm On Aug 09, 2017
Alantobie:
Go to the clinic where you did your medicals and request for one, with a fee though. I think its 2500 or so

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.