Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,605 members, 7,827,287 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Which Should I Choose Between Civil Engineering And Computer Engineering - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Should I Choose Between Civil Engineering And Computer Engineering (1378 Views)

Computer Science And Computer Engineering: What Are The Differences? / Between Civil Engineering And Dentistry Which Is More Lucrative In Nigeria Today / ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Should I Choose Between Civil Engineering And Computer Engineering by Dannyfan(m): 7:43am On Jul 27, 2017
Pls nairalander, need ur advice. I am a computer engineering apprentice and also a civil engineering aspirant in 2017 jamb examination. Many people hv been talking mouth of info. Tech dat it growing wide in Nigeria and creation of job in d sector n i really dream of owning a tech. Company even by studying civil engineering, and mean while i so much love field job dan office one. A civil engineering graduate also told me that i shld hv chossen computer engr dat he end up as beeen a tax collector dat no job in civil engineering field. And now i dont knw wheda to change my course or not, ur advice pls
Re: Which Should I Choose Between Civil Engineering And Computer Engineering by izzou(m): 7:45am On Jul 27, 2017
This is exactly the mistake students make, and at the end we end up as cashiers with our engineering degrees

Bros, which one do you have passion for? Until you answer this question, you may be misled.

Most of the people you idolize today, followed their heart.

2 Likes

Re: Which Should I Choose Between Civil Engineering And Computer Engineering by Dannyfan(m): 7:57am On Jul 27, 2017
izzou:
This is exactly the mistake students make, and at the end we end up as cashiers with our engineering degrees

Bros, which one do you have passion for? Until you answer this question, you may be misled.

Most of the people you idolize today, followed their heart.
i hv passion for civil engineering but bcus i am a computer engineering apprentice people ar confusing me dat computer engineering is d better and dat i am acquinted with d stuff
Re: Which Should I Choose Between Civil Engineering And Computer Engineering by Jman06(m): 8:20am On Jul 27, 2017
Go for civil engineering. When u are done venture into building. We need more professionals to replace the quack bricklayers parading themselves as 'engineers' in nigeria, because we don't have enough suply of professional builders. That ur civil eng guy that said he doesn't have job is not serious
Re: Which Should I Choose Between Civil Engineering And Computer Engineering by Harbeyg09(m): 8:39am On Jul 27, 2017
Both courses are great but i'd advice you to go for Computer Engineering because its more marketable and the fact that you were once an apprentice in it gives you edge of getting good grades......... Goodluck to you as you decide

1 Like

Re: Which Should I Choose Between Civil Engineering And Computer Engineering by Attah00002(m): 6:46pm On Feb 14, 2021
Hi op,what did you finally go for?
Civil or computer engineering

Dannyfan
post=58871316:

Pls nairalander, need ur advice. I am a computer engineering apprentice and also a civil engineering aspirant in 2017 jamb examination. Many people hv been talking mouth of info. Tech dat it growing wide in Nigeria and creation of job in d sector n i really dream of owning a tech. Company even by studying civil engineering, and mean while i so much love field job dan office one. A civil engineering graduate also told me that i shld hv chossen computer engr dat he end up as beeen a tax collector dat no job in civil engineering field. And now i dont knw wheda to change my course or not, ur advice pls
Re: Which Should I Choose Between Civil Engineering And Computer Engineering by Dannyfan(m): 8:25pm On Feb 14, 2021
Attah00002:

Hi op,what did you finally go for?
Civil or computer engineering

Civil engineering. Currently in 300level in a federal University
Re: Which Should I Choose Between Civil Engineering And Computer Engineering by Attah00002(m): 10:48pm On Feb 14, 2021
Dannyfan:
Civil engineering. Currently in 300level in a federal University

Wow that's good,I am also a civil engineering student 200 level currently..
Can I have your contact no please?
Re: Which Should I Choose Between Civil Engineering And Computer Engineering by Femzi8cul: 5:07pm On Jul 31, 2022
Jman06:
Go for civil engineering. When u are done venture into building. We need more professionals to replace the quack bricklayers parading themselves as 'engineers' in nigeria, because we don't have enough suply of professional builders. That ur civil eng guy that said he doesn't have job is not serious
I agree with you nice one

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

DO-IT-YOURSELF Application Procedures For UK Universities Admission / Check Your 2017 Admission Status Now On Jamb / The Polytechnic Ibadan Strike Continues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.