Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,003 members, 7,810,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

Nigeria Is My ‘mother’ - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigeria Is My ‘mother’ (309 Views)

Nigerian Man - Says “every Woman On Earth Is Foolish Including My Mother” (photo / Funny Memes: Signs That Nigeria Is The Best Place For You / Justice Symbol In Nigeria Is Tired Of The Change..lol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Is My ‘mother’ by akinze100(m): 10:47am On Jul 27, 2017
ONE of the leading Nigerian performing poets,
Dike Chukwumerije, has lent his voice to the calls for unity in Nigeria in the midst of recent calls by styled representatives of ethnic groups calling for dissolution of the country.

Speaking ahead of his next “Made in Nigeria” performance poetry show slated to hold at
Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife on July 29,
2017, Dike described the calls as unwarranted
because the average Nigerian today is a product of shared experiences drawn from multiple sections of the country and the uniqueness of the character of the Nigerian is a result of his/her interactions with other Nigerians over time.
“Call me what you will, but Nigeria is my mother.

She is responsible for it all. If I amaze you with this ability to constantly pull light out of darkness, to combat recession with a heady mixture of kokoma and gyration, to climb out of any pit you throw me into, and instantly become recognizable anywhere I go, it is also because of this, that I was shaped by her contradictions and forged in the fierce furnace of her womb, so that somewhere on my soul, burned into its very essence, is a stamp no adversity or hate-filled speech will ever erase… And it reads, simply: ‘MADE IN NIGERIA’”,

Dike said while speaking to journalists recently, emphasizing the need to avoid that dangerous tendency to stereotype others that has been at the root of many of Nigerian’s modern conflicts.

(1) (Reply)

Edo Govt To Partner NIFOR On Capacity Building, Palm Crops Production / Fani-kayode, Okorocha And The Days Of Judgment / Job Opportunity At Huawei Technologies For Mobile Money Operation Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.