Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Reading Books/stories Online And Reading Hard Copies Which Is More Convenient - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Reading Books/stories Online And Reading Hard Copies Which Is More Convenient (7734 Views)

The Power Of Reading Books / STORYBAZE; Make Money Posting, Writing And Reading Stories For Free / Tomi Adesina Shares Pictures From The Signing And Reading Of Her New Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reading Books/stories Online And Reading Hard Copies Which Is More Convenient by muller101(m): 6:59am On Aug 05, 2017
Hard copy is the best.
Re: Reading Books/stories Online And Reading Hard Copies Which Is More Convenient by badbreathcure101: 6:59am On Aug 05, 2017
Who still have time for papers in 2017. I am doing my best to even cut out papers in anything i do at all but the problem that will still be a bottleckneck is electricity. Offcourse you need ur phone charged full to be able to hold it on reading a long epistle

1 Like

Re: Reading Books/stories Online And Reading Hard Copies Which Is More Convenient by candycrushsoda: 7:03am On Aug 05, 2017
I prefer to read on my device. I love reading and have downloaded so many books that will take me forever to finish. It's easily accessible too and less bulky.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reading Books/stories Online And Reading Hard Copies Which Is More Convenient by badbreathcure101: 7:04am On Aug 05, 2017
candycrushsoda:
I prefer to read on my device. I love reading and have downloaded so many books that will take me forever to finish. It's easily accessible too and less bulky.
and can also be backed-up which the normal rats and dusts won't have access to

2 Likes

Re: Reading Books/stories Online And Reading Hard Copies Which Is More Convenient by chronique(m): 7:08am On Aug 05, 2017
jagugu88li:
My dear.....I am very old fashioned okay. You wouldn't believe it if I told you my cousin think I dont that they call me "Ancient". I guess it started after they failed to convience me to open twitter, instagram and facebook. No watsapp.....only bbm because my number can be used only for important things......atleast I think so infact.

Back to the question........As much as I have access to the internet, I have hard copies in my house, starting from CD's, books, photo albums and all. See my decor. I recycle everything.

You are truly the acient one.... I find large bulky books frustrating and I never get past the first five pages any time I want to read them. But when it comes to reading online, I would easily read up anything possible so long as it is broken into bits.
Re: Reading Books/stories Online And Reading Hard Copies Which Is More Convenient by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 05, 2017
Soft copy is my preference, saves you the stress of following 'borrow borrow' gangs up to return your books intact tongue

1 Like

Re: Reading Books/stories Online And Reading Hard Copies Which Is More Convenient by uglodoh(f): 7:21am On Aug 05, 2017
Hard copy for me. I have never finished ready any Nobel online.
Re: Reading Books/stories Online And Reading Hard Copies Which Is More Convenient by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 7:24am On Aug 05, 2017
online rocks..
Re: Reading Books/stories Online And Reading Hard Copies Which Is More Convenient by emperormossad(m): 7:29am On Aug 05, 2017
WiredLeggings:
Definitely hard copies.

A true lover of books and reading will always prefer hard copies.
My dear not always. I love hard copies, literally grew up with them. But the portability thing just irritates me sometimes. Couple of friends introduced me to soft copy novels and writeups few years back and I love it. It's negative effects on the eye is just one turn off amongst others, me with near-sightedness just try to manage sha. I use a dark-screen in the night to reduce its damaging effect on my retina (adobe Reader on BlackBerry). Another reason is that some novels I may be looking for may not have free soft copies except you purchase them @ a price. Especially the really good best sellers. I remember looking for a Frederick Forsyth novel like that (has to be day of jackals), went through various search engines, no show. Only got excerpts from the book. both soft and hard make sense sha, just that we lean towards hard cos most of us grew up with that reading style. I'm sure those who grew up in a tech-sound environment with easy access to the Internet from a tender age may think otherwise. Hope you slept well?

1 Like

Re: Reading Books/stories Online And Reading Hard Copies Which Is More Convenient by emperormossad(m): 7:32am On Aug 05, 2017
AnonyNymous:
Tbh you have more itivatuon to read when it's a physical copy

Reading on your phone or computer is convenient but you can get distracted easily, I have a set of 17 books I'm reading (that I should've finished a long time ago) but I get distracted easily by notifications, or even just a random 'itch' to do something else on my phone.
My bro it's fairly easy. When I decide to read a e-novel, notifications and all-whats-not takes the backstage. Maybe streamlining the amount of novels you try to read may help you cover more within a shorter space of time. For myself, I don't go beyond 1/2 novels a month due to my schedule. Man gats work too sha.
Re: Reading Books/stories Online And Reading Hard Copies Which Is More Convenient by emperormossad(m): 7:36am On Aug 05, 2017
Ujuhot:
Soft copy is my preference, saves you the stress of following 'borrow borrow' gangs up to return your books intact tongue
Lol. You're funny but true sha. Back in secondary school days, anyone who lends me a book has to be assured that it's going to b returned intact. Besides with ma small BlackBerry phone, I can carry up to 30 books at once but I prefer maybe 6 downloads a month. Then I try to read 2. Which site do you download from? I use obooko books site.
Re: Reading Books/stories Online And Reading Hard Copies Which Is More Convenient by stag: 7:37am On Aug 05, 2017
Convenience will be e-books. But there's something personal in flipping pages. Like you're reading directly from the scene of events undecided

Can anyone share dropbox link?
Re: Reading Books/stories Online And Reading Hard Copies Which Is More Convenient by saqo(m): 7:40am On Aug 05, 2017
I prefer hard copies
Re: Reading Books/stories Online And Reading Hard Copies Which Is More Convenient by Presh555(m): 7:52am On Aug 05, 2017
Having hard-copy has lots of benefits cos you can mark on it, you can fold, add to your library where others who don't have devices to read soft copies could gain access to and it does not affect your eyes unlike the soft copy.

On the other hand, I prefer soft copy cos it's more convenient for me. On my phone alone I have over a thousand e-books, imagine me carrying such as hard copies... I would need a trailer to carry them grin grin grin

You can join this group GET INSPIRED on whatsapp where you get access to e-books, audio messages, motivational articles and lots more all for FREE.

Add me on whatsapp 08039316029 to join the group.
Re: Reading Books/stories Online And Reading Hard Copies Which Is More Convenient by NeXtAh(f): 7:54am On Aug 05, 2017
Adesina12:

We would have different perspective to this..

Ever before I have access to electronics my hands used to glue to novels

Since I started reading online I found it more convenient..on iPad, phone computer ooohhh gush

I am writing a report at the same time attending to your question at moment

So online is my preference....but it damages vision...that is the disadvantage
I agree with u too
Re: Reading Books/stories Online And Reading Hard Copies Which Is More Convenient by Sard(m): 8:07am On Aug 05, 2017
It depends on what I'm reading.
If it's something I'm reading for the fun of it, I like soft copies. But if I'm preparing for an exam, it has to be hard copy.
I'm a bit old fashioned in that regard.
Re: Reading Books/stories Online And Reading Hard Copies Which Is More Convenient by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 05, 2017
both. But i prefer soft copy. Pls what is that Nora Robert all about? There was this geh who alway clutch it and, and she made me curious of it. How interested is it?
Re: Reading Books/stories Online And Reading Hard Copies Which Is More Convenient by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 05, 2017
I prefer hard copies.

But I've to make do with soft copies sometimes.

No doubt, soft copy is more convenient. No worries about books pilling up.
Re: Reading Books/stories Online And Reading Hard Copies Which Is More Convenient by Jomark(m): 10:31am On Aug 05, 2017
Abeg where can I download good soft copy novels
Re: Reading Books/stories Online And Reading Hard Copies Which Is More Convenient by Jomark(m): 10:33am On Aug 05, 2017
sarafa68:
both. But i prefer soft copy. Pls what is that Nora Robert all about? There was this geh who alway clutch it and, and she made me curious of it. How interested is it?

Nora Roberts is an author of romance novels
Re: Reading Books/stories Online And Reading Hard Copies Which Is More Convenient by VALOBOY(m): 10:44am On Aug 05, 2017
I think is hard copy
Re: Reading Books/stories Online And Reading Hard Copies Which Is More Convenient by Themandator: 11:05am On Aug 05, 2017
Jane1234f:
I go with Adeshina12,I love novels a lot,so I have been reading hard copies before I joined Nairaland,hard copies are the best because all the episodes are there waiting for you,so you will read at once, but with phone you will wait for episodes and the light from phone damages eyes too,my eyes has been paining me since,but one thing with phone is that it is fun and it is always like interactive class because of the comments but hard copy is the best

I would disagree with you on the availability of episodes point.... Soft copies or online reading is the best .. for instance, the numbers of verse of the Bible on a single app is mind blowing coupled with notes, dictionaries, referencing , compare And so much more.

Even the speak features of app makes every argument against it futile

You can't carry around the numbers of ebooks I have on my iPad if they were to be hard copies .... Like 3000
Re: Reading Books/stories Online And Reading Hard Copies Which Is More Convenient by Themandator: 11:10am On Aug 05, 2017
Presh555:
Having hard-copy has lots of benefits cos you can mark on it, you can fold, add to your library where others who don't have devices to read soft copies could gain access to and it does not affect your eyes unlike the soft copy.

On the other hand, I prefer soft copy cos it's more convenient for me. On my phone alone I have over a thousand e-books, imagine me carrying such as hard copies... I would need a trailer to carry them grin grin grin

You can join this group GET INSPIRED on whatsapp where you get access to e-books, audio messages, motivational articles and lots more all for FREE.

Add me on whatsapp 08039316029 to join the group.

Bookmarking is easier with sift copies ... You can wrote notes send them to third parties ... Listen to the entire book like some preacher is preaching to you ... Organise your ebooks with tags ... Eg politics , economy, faith , spirituality , quotes
Re: Reading Books/stories Online And Reading Hard Copies Which Is More Convenient by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 05, 2017
emperormossad:

My dear not always. I love hard copies, literally grew up with them. But the portability thing just irritates me sometimes. Couple of friends introduced me to soft copy novels and writeups few years back and I love it. It's negative effects on the eye is just one turn off amongst others, me with near-sightedness just try to manage sha. I use a dark-screen in the night to reduce its damaging effect on my retina (adobe Reader on BlackBerry). Another reason is that some novels I may be looking for may not have free soft copies except you purchase them @ a price. Especially the really good best sellers. I remember looking for a Frederick Forsyth novel like that (has to be day of jackals), went through various search engines, no show. Only got excerpts from the book. both soft and hard make sense sha, just that we lean towards hard cos most of us grew up with that reading style. I'm sure those who grew up in a tech-sound environment with easy access to the Internet from a tender age may think otherwise. Hope you slept well?
Thanks, I appreciate your reply.
Re: Reading Books/stories Online And Reading Hard Copies Which Is More Convenient by talk2saintify(m): 11:22am On Aug 05, 2017
WOW

WATIN AH DUN FORGET ABUH SEF
Re: Reading Books/stories Online And Reading Hard Copies Which Is More Convenient by mechanics(m): 12:27pm On Aug 05, 2017
hard copies sure pass, but incase the hard copy is expensive you go for soft copy.
Re: Reading Books/stories Online And Reading Hard Copies Which Is More Convenient by MrImole: 1:02pm On Aug 05, 2017
I need the soft copy of these books:

1. Mastery -Robert green 2. The 50th law -Robert green 3. Art of war 4. Rich dad, poor dad -Robert Kiyosaki 5. My watch (all of the volumes) -Olusegun Obasanjo AND any other books on history, politics and business.

You can please send to imole2007@gmail.com and or 08067621697 via whatsapp.

God bless you in advance as you contribute to my growth.
Re: Reading Books/stories Online And Reading Hard Copies Which Is More Convenient by MrImole: 1:04pm On Aug 05, 2017
Any site where I can download books on politics, history, business and career?
Re: Reading Books/stories Online And Reading Hard Copies Which Is More Convenient by MrImole: 1:07pm On Aug 05, 2017
emperormossad:

Can I please get the soft copy of "the day of jackals".
Re: Reading Books/stories Online And Reading Hard Copies Which Is More Convenient by MrImole: 1:21pm On Aug 05, 2017
Themandator:

I would disagree with you on the availability of episodes point.... Soft copies or online reading is the best .. for instance, the numbers of verse of the Bible on a single app is mind blowing coupled with notes, dictionaries, referencing , compare And so much more.

Even the speak features of app makes every argument against it futile

You can't carry around the numbers of ebooks I have on my iPad if they were to be hard copies .... Like 3000

can I get some soft copies on politics, history and economy?
Re: Reading Books/stories Online And Reading Hard Copies Which Is More Convenient by Themandator: 1:36pm On Aug 05, 2017
MrImole:

can I get some soft copies on politics, history and economy?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should We Call It A New Beginning? / Nairaland Literature Awards Of The Year(2019)- Poetry Included-- Voting Closed / The Laws To Power!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.