Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,644 members, 7,809,424 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

​TAKING SIDES ESPECIALLY IN A FAMILY SETTING - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / ​TAKING SIDES ESPECIALLY IN A FAMILY SETTING (503 Views)

I Suspect My Wife Is Setting Me Up With Her Friend / Go And Do A Paternity Test On You Children, Especially Your First Child / Who Will You Take Sides With, Me Or My Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

​TAKING SIDES ESPECIALLY IN A FAMILY SETTING by Defjamb(m): 12:28pm On Jul 28, 2017
By Obi Nobert
Every child is unique in his/his own way, there is no straight path but there truly is a right path for every child to follow. What works for one might not work for another so the best thing to do is to discover ‘what works'. My discussion here is on the topic taking sides and it is going to be in relation to family setting. When you take sides it means either you believe something to be right or you just want to be identified with that side, but the truth is that not all we choose to believe is right is always the right choice. A functional family consists of the father, mother and their children, the children starting from the eldest to the youngest should be nurtured carefully in order to enable them develop their individual talents. Every parent should consider the fact that every child is created equal (i.e. similar body parts and function depending on its sex) but not of the same attribute, some individuals need special attention and care to catch up. Parents should not by any way neglect any child irrespective of his/her moral, social, medical or educational standing. As Ben Carson said in one of his motivational speeches ‘He was a very slow learner while in grade school to the extent that even his teacher gave up on him, but since his parents didn't give up on him, he was able to overcome his challenges thereby enabling him to finally stand out by being the best neurosurgeon of his time'. If a parent decides that one child is better than another or the others due to an attribute of their own liking, it may lead to neglect of another with the perceived mindset that the neglected one hold or will hold little or no value whatsoever in the society. That singular act can lead to anger, envy, jealousy or other dangerous/dark perception. A typical example of this is what happened in Abraham's tale in the bible. Abraham valued Joseph above his other children to the extent that he had to sew for him coat of many colours, at the same time he did nothing for his other children in that regard. His action of taking side made his other children angry, envious and jealous towards Joseph (you know the rest!!!lol). This same behaviour is still being exhibited unconsciously in Today's society.
My candid advice is that every household genuinely look within themselves and their family to find out exactly what they did or are presently doing wrong in order to discover ways of rectifying this problem before it becomes too late. Government agencies, schools, churches, etc., should also play their part in educating and enlightening the ignorant masses because this very behaviour is biting deep into our very life and individuality, short sighting us from reaching our desired achievements and goal. For every household to produce successful and beneficial individuals, all parents/guardian should make sure to discover their children/ward's uniqueness, develop it and finally bank on/support its success (there's no end to one's uniqueness and talents as long as it's identified and built upon at an early stage). What makes an individual unique is his/her talent, dreams (begets all- it is said that everything begins with a dream), choices, attributes, and hobbies. If these are nurtured and developed in the right way, success is guaranteed.

Neglected children are prone to exhibit:
—Jealousy
—Anger
—Envy
—Seeks attention by all means possible
—Fails to overcome peer pressure
—Hatred
—At times lacks love, etc., to mention but a few.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR TIME!!!

extracted from https://oneforallages..com/2017/07/taking-sides-especially-in-family.html?m=1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ​TAKING SIDES ESPECIALLY IN A FAMILY SETTING by Defjamb(m): 1:31pm On Jul 28, 2017
Seun, Mynd44, Lalasticlala
Move to front page, its important...

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me Celebrate My Brother Today Is Another Year Of God's Faithfulness / Pls Vote NORA EJIOGU Www.cussonsbaby.com.ng / Love Goes Wrong After Gidifest 2018, Girlfriends Shoots Boyfriend.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.