Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,458 members, 7,954,794 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:33 AM

Nigeria Debuts On Google Street View With Lagos Coverage. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Debuts On Google Street View With Lagos Coverage. (24073 Views)

Drone Coverage Of Asaba (Video And Photos ) / Aerial Coverage Of Oba, Anambra State( Video&photos) / Okada, Keke Ban: MC Oluomo In Talks With Lagos Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Debuts On Google Street View With Lagos Coverage. by jiangchu: 3:25pm On Jul 28, 2017
adetoroamos:
wow so Nigeria can be great again..... we are working towards the best nation in the world, like I used to say empires aren't built in a day, American that we are hyping towards our country, did you know America is older like over 200+ and Nigeria is just 50+

singapore is 50+ also. quit mediocrity

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Debuts On Google Street View With Lagos Coverage. by Bacon21(m): 4:03pm On Jul 28, 2017
good
Re: Nigeria Debuts On Google Street View With Lagos Coverage. by CalmCasy: 4:20pm On Jul 28, 2017
5DMindset:
This is scary.

The next step is to match your phone number to your address once phone is tracked using GPRS contours.

Time to go dark my friends, time to go really dark.
grin grin you're really funny man!
Re: Nigeria Debuts On Google Street View With Lagos Coverage. by jstbeinhonest(m): 5:14pm On Jul 28, 2017
Segadem:
grin Developed countries is not been determined by their years of independence but by the good heart of leadership who govern those country.
By your assertion Ethiopia and Lesotho should be the giants of Africa because they were never under the siege of European conolization
South Africa got theirs some years back (1994 or so) yet Nigeria can't withstand them in term of infrastructure, SA have over 30,000 of megawatts of power while Nigeria still battling with 4,000, I think the problem is we got our independence earlier, Nigeria will be better off if we got it about 10 -15 years ago

SA got their independence in the 1910

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Debuts On Google Street View With Lagos Coverage. by anigold(m): 5:47pm On Jul 28, 2017
Sweetguy25:
Interesting
seems Google street view is powered by a secret drone..
Re: Nigeria Debuts On Google Street View With Lagos Coverage. by Segadem(m): 5:48pm On Jul 28, 2017
jstbeinhonest:

SA got their independence in the '40s.
Which SA are u talking about? We have one SA and that's South Africa
Re: Nigeria Debuts On Google Street View With Lagos Coverage. by jstbeinhonest(m): 5:51pm On Jul 28, 2017
Segadem:
Which SA are u talking about? We have one SA and that's South Africa

I was wrong. It was actually, May 31,1910.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Debuts On Google Street View With Lagos Coverage. by CaptainFM1: 6:07pm On Jul 28, 2017
MadManTalking:
It is useless if it can't find Buhari, the kidnapped school kids in Epe or the remaining Chibok girls and Shekau.

The Epe-6 have been rescued!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Debuts On Google Street View With Lagos Coverage. by CaptainFM1: 6:22pm On Jul 28, 2017
anigold:
seems Google street view is powered by a secret drone..

When next you see this car moving about in your area, that's what its doing. Its taking Panoramic view of everywhere.
Its a very good feature on google map. I used it in NYC and its fascinating. However, there are several court cases regarding it in the UK. Many see it as a spying system.
I don't know the agreement they've reached with Nigeria government. I saw one moving around Ikeja last month and I know they are about to introduce street views. It will only be in 3D images. No one will like his dirty and unpainted building pic to be available to the world.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Debuts On Google Street View With Lagos Coverage. by kingsass: 8:06pm On Jul 28, 2017
can it show okokomiako abi iyana iba
Re: Nigeria Debuts On Google Street View With Lagos Coverage. by salford1: 12:28am On Jul 29, 2017
i wonder if can one walk on the streets by clicking on the street view tool....i still tried using the tool last month for lagos, and i only got pictures submitted by users. i would try it again tonight. This would help a lot in civil and electrical engineering applications.

2black1:
Is it real-time view?
Google street views are not real time images. There would be a date stamp on the map. Some areas in the US for example still have street pictures captured years ago.
Sometimes, they do update the pictures.

Update: It worked well. One could walk on the steet using the pegman. I was also able to zoom in on a slack-span electric pole as shown in the pic below smiley

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Debuts On Google Street View With Lagos Coverage. by Konquest: 6:28pm On Nov 13, 2017
scholes0:
Google Street View Is Now Available In Nigeria

StreetView is available in major areas of Lagos and the tech giant is looking to make the feature available across the country soon.
If you don’t know what Google StreetView is, I’ll break it down for you: it is a super handy feature on Google Maps that lets you view panoramic images of, well, streets.
Basically, you will be able view 360-degree images of streets and you can do that now because the feature is now available in Nigeria, starting with Lagos.

Suren Ruhela, who leads Google Maps for emerging countries, made the announcement at the Google For Nigeria event which took place at the Landmark Event Center, Victoria Island, Lagos, yesterday, Thursday, July 27, 2017.
The Google exec, in his announcement, stated that StreetView is available in major areas of Lagos and the tech giant is looking to make the feature available across the country soon.

In addition to StreetView, Ruhela also announced that thousands of new addresses have been added to Maps to improve adress search experience for users.
Detailed outlines of buildings, both residential and commercial, have also been added to Maps of Nigeria so users can get details as close to the real deal as possible.
More than 100,000 new small and medium-scale businesses have also been added to Maps to improve your experience and the quality of Google Maps.

In another announcement, Ruhela also stated that the number of Nigerians who use Maps have doubled in the past year, adding that Google’s Local Guides program now has over 100,000 people in its network.
You can check out Google StreetView by clicking on the figurine located at the bottom of the zoom buttons on Google Maps.

http://www.pulse.ng/tech/google-streetview-is-available-in-nigeria-starting-with-lagos-id7062694.html
^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^
Brilliant!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

VIS Removes Over 50 Rickety Buses From Lagos Roads (Photos) / Moment Uyo-Lagos Air Peace Flight Experienced Air Turbulence (Video, Photos) / Canadian Government Rejects Kaduna Airport, Warns Citizens Against Using It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.