Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Benefits Of Sleeping For Eight Hours Every Day - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Benefits Of Sleeping For Eight Hours Every Day (37754 Views)

Four Side Effects Of Sleeping With Lights On / 8 Reasons To Stop Drinking Coke Every Day / The Harmful Effects Of Sleeping In A Bra..every Woman Must Know This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benefits Of Sleeping For Eight Hours Every Day by Nairalandsss(m): 2:59pm On Jul 29, 2017
you really need to work on fixing your sleep habits. Almost 40% of the adults out there sleep less than the recommended seven-eight hours a day. Sleep is essential for the overall health and well-being. When people sleep for less than 6-7 hours every day, they are more susceptible to be affected by certain diseases. There are several health benefits of sleep than what you’d ever imagined. Adequate sleep is a key part of a healthy lifestyle and can benefit your heart, weight, mind and more.

An extra hour of sleep can make a lot of difference to your health. Lack of sleep can bring about significant changes in the body and also increase your risk of certain health issues like obesity and even early death. Here are some benefits of sleeping for eight hours sleep every day.

benefits of sleeping for eight hours every day are:

1.You’ll Be Happier: A poor night’s sleep can affect ones happiness as much as how tight deadlines can. Sleeping poorly can ruin ones day.

2.Avoids Erectile Dysfunction: Not getting enough sleep can affect the libido and increase the chances of erectile dysfunction. Sleep is considered as restorative and increases the testosterone levels that can boost the sexual drive. This is also one of the top health benefits of sleeping 8 hours .

3.It Can Help Build Muscles Easily: If you don’t sleep, you cannot build muscles. Sleep is the time when your body heals the damage done to your cells and tissues when you’re awake. During the time of sleep, the body also releases growth hormone. Lack of sleep is linked with muscle atrophy .

4.Helps You Maintain A Healthy Weight: People who sleep less are more likely to be obese. People who slept less than seven hours a night were 7.5 times more likely to be overweight, as per a study. This is due to hormonal changes that occur due to sleep deprivation. This is also confirmed in the study ‘The Association Between Short Sleep And Obesity After Controlling For Demographic, Lifestyle, Work And Health Related Factors’.

5.Prevents The Risk Of Diabetes: People who sleep six hours or less are 1.7 times likely to develop diabetes and those who slept for 5 hours or less were found to be 2.5 times as likely to develop diabetes, as noted by a study. Type 2 diabetes can also lead to other health problems such as strokes, amputations, blindness and organ damage .

6.Healthier Skin: Sleeping poorly is also associated with chronic skin conditions. It was found that people who slept for eight hours every day recovered better after an ultraviolet exposure. They also showed fewer signs of ageing, as per a study. This is one of the top benefits of sleeping for 8 hours .

7.Prevents Migraines And Other Headaches: People who don’t sleep for seven-eight hours are more likely to suffer from migraines. Poor sleep quality is associated with episodic migraine and other types of headaches.

8.Will Be More Productive At Work: Sleep deprivation can make you tiresome and also make it difficult to concentrate at work. It can take a toll on both your work life and personal life. Good sleep and rest is necessary to go about your work productively.

9.You’ll See Better: Our eyes get tired without sleep and they need a good amount of sleep at any cost. Poor sleep can lead to vision errors like tunnel vision to seeing double. You’ll also experience sleep loss hallucinations.

10.Less Likely To Catch Cold: If you haven’t slept well before being exposed to a virus, your weakened immune system is more likely to catch it. Those who slept less than seven hours a night were three times more likely to catch cold, as noted by a study. This is one of the top benefits of sleeping early in the night .

11.Less Likely To Develop Certain Types Of Cancer: People who work night shifts or have disrupted circadian cycles and don’t sleep enough are likely to encounter some health problems. Night workers are more likely to develop colon and breast cancer .

12.Fewer Heart Problems: Sleeping five hours or less a night is associated with a 45% increased risk of heart attacks. Being awake increases the blood pressure levels, and hence it is strictly recommended for adults to sleep at least eight hours every day.

These are the benefits of sleeping for eight hours every day.

http://www.naijabroad.com/benefits-sleeping-eight-hours-every-day/

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Benefits Of Sleeping For Eight Hours Every Day by Maccarthy(m): 3:06pm On Jul 29, 2017
You don't sleep when you want money. If u drink garri can you sleep that 8 complete hours...? Go to the jungle ask lion how many hours he sleeps before they call him the king of the jungle.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benefits Of Sleeping For Eight Hours Every Day by taylor88(m): 3:23pm On Jul 29, 2017
erectile dysfunction?

baba na lie, if i stay up for 4 days and bae calls she's coming to spend a night

by dickkk will stand from morning till she come at night

meanwhile did i hear u say 8hours?

do that in my village and ur a goner

when i travel to Xmas i sleep while standing so my enemies won't think am sleeping

for all the girls who snore in my room while sleeping

I've removed my pillows

don't wanna hear baby am sorry i ate part of ur pillow while sleeping

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Benefits Of Sleeping For Eight Hours Every Day by Bari22: 10:35pm On Jul 29, 2017
Instead of typing 1000 to buy a recharge card. He mistakenly typed 100,000. And he has only 110,000 in his account before. Now in his phone there is 100,000. While in his account is only 10,000. This guy would enjoy calling his love ones

62 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Sleeping For Eight Hours Every Day by BiafraBushBoy(m): 10:35pm On Jul 29, 2017
8 hours sleep is for broke assholes!!

Why should any hustler sleep 8 hours in a day?

Read this explosive Erotic story!! Vaseline crew you are welcomed cheesy

Memoir of a male sex addict

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Benefits Of Sleeping For Eight Hours Every Day by elantraceey(f): 10:35pm On Jul 29, 2017
8 whole hours? There are some days that I can't afford that luxury.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benefits Of Sleeping For Eight Hours Every Day by Integrityfarms(m): 10:35pm On Jul 29, 2017
With this recommendation one is sleeping off 1/3 of his life.... Too bad

7 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Sleeping For Eight Hours Every Day by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jul 29, 2017
You'll end up going to work late...ask our friends working and living in Lagos except you're Hushpuppy and his ilk, 8hrs nah joke.

18 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Sleeping For Eight Hours Every Day by auntysimbiat(f): 10:35pm On Jul 29, 2017
Cool

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Sleeping For Eight Hours Every Day by Iamsammy(m): 10:36pm On Jul 29, 2017
So make ah dey sleep by 10pm and wake by 6am for this Lagos? My broda na poly bag u go take carry ur load go village

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benefits Of Sleeping For Eight Hours Every Day by Appliedmaths(m): 10:36pm On Jul 29, 2017
So we that sleep by 2am and dissappear to the office before 9am nko, what do you call us?
Re: Benefits Of Sleeping For Eight Hours Every Day by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 29, 2017
Re: Benefits Of Sleeping For Eight Hours Every Day by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 29, 2017
sahid are you sleeping
sahid: No dear I'm just relaxing

30 mins later
sounds of snorez

3 Likes

story ! if I see five hours sleep na Thanksgiving ..
where I wan see eight hours sleep for this Lagos

7 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Sleeping For Eight Hours Every Day by etibaba(m): 10:37pm On Jul 29, 2017
elantraceey:
8 whole hours? There are some days that I can't afford that luxury.
Night included?

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Sleeping For Eight Hours Every Day by sweetchi1011: 10:37pm On Jul 29, 2017
Good to know
Re: Benefits Of Sleeping For Eight Hours Every Day by thestevens: 10:37pm On Jul 29, 2017
Lagos sleep is about 5 hours, 8 hours of sleep, hunger go kill you.

15 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Sleeping For Eight Hours Every Day by kkash: 10:38pm On Jul 29, 2017
So, someone shld spend 1/3 of his life just sleeping doing nufn??

4 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Sleeping For Eight Hours Every Day by nairaman66(m): 10:38pm On Jul 29, 2017
Very unrealistic timings! Most of us are online on NL till 12:00AM, how can you sleep 8hrs and be able to beat the the traffic from Argungi stretching towards Jakande to first toll gate?

11 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Sleeping For Eight Hours Every Day by chnovpaul(m): 10:38pm On Jul 29, 2017
Jeez! This means sleeping one-third of your life away. Besides, you can sleep all you want when you're dead.

5 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Sleeping For Eight Hours Every Day by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 29, 2017
lol too small sef
Re: Benefits Of Sleeping For Eight Hours Every Day by Stevengerd(m): 10:39pm On Jul 29, 2017
Shebi na person wey no get responsibility they sleep for 8hours. The bigger the bills, the harder you grind. infact hardly we you see lagosians that sleep upto 4hours, Bills gotta be paid!

8 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Sleeping For Eight Hours Every Day by Compliance(m): 10:39pm On Jul 29, 2017
Confirm.... Keep sleeping till you rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Sleeping For Eight Hours Every Day by jamex93(m): 10:39pm On Jul 29, 2017
I fit sleep 24hrs sef

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Sleeping For Eight Hours Every Day by Sleyanya1(m): 10:39pm On Jul 29, 2017
Choiiiii....Op, you don make me dey feel bad for myself because naturally I dey hardly sleep that 8hours.

Mostly at Night.
Infact at night to early hours of the day I feel more active to do anything.

sad sad Shey the 8hours cannot be observed in installments??

13 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Sleeping For Eight Hours Every Day by toyejohnson(m): 10:39pm On Jul 29, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
8 hours sleep is for broke assholes!!

Why should any hustler sleep 8 hours in a day?

Read this explosive Erotic story!! Vaseline crew you are welcomed cheesy

Memoir of a male sex addict
Nice...
Re: Benefits Of Sleeping For Eight Hours Every Day by elantraceey(f): 10:39pm On Jul 29, 2017
etibaba:
Night included?
when is one supposed to sleep?

3 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Sleeping For Eight Hours Every Day by VickyRotex(f): 10:40pm On Jul 29, 2017
lol @ 8hours cheesy I wish! cry

There are days I even try to sleep that long, but my body has developed a natural alarm, and won't sleep past my usual time. But I force it at times, especially when I need enough rest.
And with the sun rising at 4:30 am, how can I still sleep in bed embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benefits Of Sleeping For Eight Hours Every Day by BiafraBushBoy(m): 10:41pm On Jul 29, 2017
toyejohnson:

Lwkm

lol cheesy

Your signature was gotten from "The Equalizer"

Shebi? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Sleeping For Eight Hours Every Day by Lanre4uonly(m): 10:41pm On Jul 29, 2017
Ok. It is noted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Six Things Your Period Can Tell You About Your Health. / My Gym Body. How Do I Look?? (Photos*) / African Doctor Performs Successful Foot Reimplantation Surgery(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.